Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it a secret?
I will tell you there is not one bell co. Former player connected to this team. It's unfortunate for the kids.
Matt Chandler put his name in the running yesterday
Need to do something
Did Brewer from Powell put his name in? I heard he did for the Montgomery Co. job, I thought that was very funning this time last year all the Powell Co. people where wanting him cause he was from there and he wouldn't leave! Very funning
I don't know if Brewer did apply for Bell but he did at Montgomery and got a interview. If he did for Bell , I would say it's safe to say he wants out at Powell.
That shoots down the "hire a guy from here" thing everybody is always crying about! I see that all the time on here from fans, HIRE THE BEST GUY FOR THE JOB!!!! If he stays 1 or 2 years you got a very good coach for 1 or 2 years, he might be like Holcomb who is from Nelson co. and won 3 state titles a Breahitt. Wonder if people in Powell are mad.
Bell county hammered Powell County last year. I cant imagine why they'd want their coach.seems like an obvious downgrade.
^^
At this point anyone going to be a downgrade.
Who will it be?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Did Brewer from Powell put his name in? I heard he did for the Montgomery Co. job, I thought that was very funning this time last year all the Powell Co. people where wanting him cause he was from there and he wouldn't leave! Very funning

No he did not. He is smarter than that. At this point Powell is a better job. Hard to say that!!!
The never ending story. Come on Bell.
How many days has it been now?
I don't like to talk about anyone's Administration ( other than the one we had at McCreary for past 7 years) but this has been a mess from the start and I don't see it getting any better.
Trashtalker Wrote:How many days has it been now?

Way too many!!! The McCreary deal will not workout from talking to people of Bell Co. When the word got out about what he wanted people quickly turned against it. His deal was sweeter than Dudley's. That will not fly.
Another Week?
Don't be so sure just yet...from what I've been told it's very premature to count him out.
Unless he comes off his and his brothers demands he is out. Pretty greedy when you are drawing retirement already in another state and people here are fighting for jobs. Money grab comes to mind.
Finis Wrote:Unless he comes off his and his brothers demands he is out. Pretty greedy when you are drawing retirement already in another state and people here are fighting for jobs. Money grab comes to mind.

So, you're saying you wouldn't take the opportunity to get paid twice?

You're either insane or a liar.

Coaching is a massive strain on a person physically, emotionally and mentally. The better you are, the more pressure you get. And with more pressure, you get more strain.

I'll never fault a coach for wanting to get more money, because it takes a lot of money to really make their job financially worth it, when you factor in the hours they work. I'd say most asst. coaches in this state would make an hourly wage of something around a quarter an hour.
I am neither a liar or insane... I don't think anyway. I don't think stealing money is a great way to to set an example for a county that is in terrible financial shape. Someone that wants to be paid as teacher but not do the work is not good. Then demand that for his brother who never really coached anything???? Not cool at all. We have young people in this county moving away in droves because they need jobs and we are going to make this move??

Judge me if you like. Don't bother me.
redrocket Wrote:Don't be so sure just yet...from what I've been told it's very premature to count him out.

Then what is he waiting on?
Finis Wrote:I am neither a liar or insane... I don't think anyway. I don't think stealing money is a great way to to set an example for a county that is in terrible financial shape. Someone that wants to be paid as teacher but not do the work is not good. Then demand that for his brother who never really coached anything???? Not cool at all. We have young people in this county moving away in droves because they need jobs and we are going to make this move??

Judge me if you like. Don't bother me.

I get that concern, but, would this really be taking away a job from someone qualified? Are there that many people in Bell County with teaching credentials who are looking for a high school level job? I imagine it's a very limited amount of people.
Yes actually they are. We have ton of people driving out of district because they can't get hired here or don't have the teaching certificate they need for a job. Thing about the jobs he is asking for is anyone with a teaching degree can do them. We have spurned many of our young people to bring in retired people already. That is why public opinion is so bad for our BOE members now. They will not risk it with this hire and they shouldn't.

Easy to set on your keyboard from a 100 miles away and think you know what is going on in Bell County and think you know what is best. I can assure you that you don't know what has been happening here behind the scenes for years. It will change soon.
Finis Wrote:Yes actually they are. We have ton of people driving out of district because they can't get hired here or don't have the teaching certificate they need for a job. Thing about the jobs he is asking for is anyone with a teaching degree can do them. We have spurned many of our young people to bring in retired people already. That is why public opinion is so bad for our BOE members now. They will not risk it with this hire and they shouldn't.

Easy to set on your keyboard from a 100 miles away and think you know what is going on in Bell County and think you know what is best. I can assure you that you don't know what has been happening here behind the scenes for years. It will change soon.

Bell County isn't in a vacuum, their issues are specific to them. This happens in other counties and in every state. Period.

If someone doesn't have the certificate for a job, they aren't losing out on that job. They're not qualified for that job. While I'm sure there are available teachers within the county, are there any who are capable of teaching and coaching? And even if the teaching position is literal or figurative cake, that's not something new. I know of plenty of places (read as: Just about everywhere.) where a coach has a job just to be in the building, and minimal other tasks.

I'm going to agree with the hiring of people already retired. It sucks for anyone under the age of 40, because there is no chance that they can get that job. Trust me, I know exactly what you're talking about on that one. All too well.

I don't think we're as far apart in our thinking as you would believe, I think it's just that I feel these issues aren't special or unique to Bell. Or anywhere for that matter.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:If someone doesn't have the certificate for a job, they aren't losing out on that job. They're not qualified for that job. While I'm sure there are available teachers within the county, are there any who are capable of teaching and coaching? And even if the teaching position is literal or figurative cake, that's not something new. I know of plenty of places (read as: Just about everywhere.) where a coach has a job just to be in the building, and minimal other tasks.

Sorry maybe I didn't clarify. The jobs these guys want can be done by any certified person. No specific certification is required.
Finis Wrote:Sorry maybe I didn't clarify. The jobs these guys want can be done by any certified person. No specific certification is required.

Ah-ha, that makes a lot more sense now.

This situation isn't exactly rare, and it's been around for awhile. I'll agree that it's not the ideal way to grow and support the community and school, but it's just not that uncommon.

I don't know their specific demands, because I'm not a Bell-ian, but I'd say there are plenty of coaches doing these same jobs at different schools. It's just the nature of the game.
I understand Amos McCreary's qualifications and why Bell would meet demands for him, but what makes the brother in demand? What are his credentials?
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I don't know their specific demands, because I'm not a Bell-ian, but I'd say there are plenty of coaches doing these same jobs at different schools. It's just the nature of the game.

Not as many as the used to be. Thus the reason you see more and more coaches leaving the state. I say the board will not go for it but we will see.
Redwolf Wrote:I understand Amos McCreary's qualifications and why Bell would meet demands for him, but what makes the brother in demand? What are his credentials?

Nothing, that is the point. Just a greedy money grab to a desperate place.
If Amos is out Who is Next in Line?