Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I agree, now, that wasnt that hard. What about the rest of you?
I would have like to have had Paul Rains, when he left PLD.
Granny Bear Wrote:I have tried to avoid deleting any posts because of the nature of the thread. But you guys have started talking about identity, getting off topic, etc.

Please continue to post but stick to the new rules. I really can understand your frustration and anger.

Thank you.

some people are just hard to get along with Confusednicker:
WhyLie Wrote:Dudley was here over 30 years....that is what we consider long. over 300 wins and adverage 10 wins a season. Just because we have had one coach that long and lets not forget Mills record, this speaks for itself.

cant argue with that.
Finis Wrote:Bell high is only a little over 30 years old Doug. Pretty good 30 years. The old bell county school is the old school. We were terrible. We just played football for fun. Basketball is the only thing we could win at. That all changed with the "new school." Sad thing is we will not be able to win at either in the coming years.

How old was Old Bell County High School?
BobcatForever Wrote:I haven't commented on this cause I figured things would be a mess I hate this is happening especially to our kids man its bad and these boys have worked hard and feel like they have been just tossed to the wolves and that no one cares about them I mean darn if you knew you was letting your coach go why not already have a plan for replacement:lame: It is Pathetic!!!!

good question. I thought for sure they had somebody in mind when they let Mills go.
WhyLie Wrote:I would have like to have had Paul Rains, when he left PLD.

that would be a good choice.
I was hoping that an offensived guy like Singleton ( Danville OC)may get it. I felt we had some defensive guys that would have been good.
NextGeneration Wrote:Who is the right guy? There has not been a good word said aout any of the coaches mentioned, including Dudley. My observation says ,there is no right guy.

Good Luck

At this point I am not sure who the right guy is but in my opinion should of hired Frazier that would of been the smart hire for now he already knows the kids and is familiar with the environment!!!:welcome:
NextGeneration Wrote:Who is the right guy? There has not been a good word said aout any of the coaches mentioned, including Dudley. My observation says ,there is no right guy.

Good Luck

PRIDE101 Wrote:Whylie, Madness, bobcat9108, Topcat, bobcat4years, Muney, bobcatforever ,Finis`, trenches
if I am leaving anyone out sorry, you can answer also.

who do you want.........can you answer the question? Or do you just want to bash coaches?

listen man I haven't bashed anyone so be careful who you call out
:please:
PRIDE101 Wrote:Whylie, Madness, bobcat9108, Topcat, bobcat4years, Muney, bobcatforever ,Finis`, trenches
if I am leaving anyone out sorry, you can answer also.

who do you want.........can you answer the question? Or do you just want to bash coaches?

so unless you can show me where I have bashed a coach keep your puffer to yourself!!!
This thread is insane. Entertaining, but insane.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:This thread is insane. Entertaining, but insane.

How long will it be before they make their decision? I look for them to shock the world with their choice :biggrin:
I think they are going to wait till July 1.
William Muney Wrote:I think they are going to wait till July 1.

Are you being sarcastic? lol
Nate McPeek will be the next HC at Bell and will be a great choice! tireless coach with a lot of experience and the kids will love to play for him!
And the search keeps going..
pjdoug Wrote:How old was Old Bell County High School?

I remember the old high school's main entrance having an engraved stone dating the school's construction some time in the 1920s. These recent pics of the place brings back some memories: http://blueeyedkentucky.blogspot.com/201...chool.html

The old football field sat right on the banks of the Cumberland River. The flood of 1977 almost destroyed what little semblance of a "facility" there was.
I have an image of my head of Wayne rolling on the floor laughing each day that passes that BC has no coach. What a debacle.

Duncum was QB at Union just before I got there. He gets my vote. Knows this culture, has a nice football resume, and will win games there. The only bad part of that is I almost hate to see such a good guy land in this garbage.
Football1 Wrote:I have an image of my head of Wayne rolling on the floor laughing each day that passes that BC has no coach. What a debacle.

Duncum was QB at Union just before I got there. He gets my vote. Knows this culture, has a nice football resume, and will win games there. The only bad part of that is I almost hate to see such a good guy land in this garbage.

If I were Mills I would re-apply for the job.

Worst case scenario you get to laugh and joke with your buddies.

Best case scenario they ask you in for an interview and if they offer the job out of depetaion you demand a steep raise for the job you were just fired for Big Grin
Should have never let Mills go. Paying the price now.
Duncum pulls his name completely out of the mix in 3...2...1...

...and the circus resumes.
If we want to salvage anything from this circus, they better call Duncum and introduce him tomorrow. If they hire a guy with this type baggage and let Mills go for his, they will be fired as soon as the board changes.
Madness Wrote:If we want to salvage anything from this circus, they better call Duncum and introduce him tomorrow. If they hire a guy with this type baggage and let Mills go for his, they will be fired as soon as the board changes.

Exactly!! Removes no doubt of ignorance if they hire McPeek!!!
Wildcat18 Wrote:Duncum pulls his name completely out of the mix in 3...2...1...

...and the circus resumes.

Pulled his name out over a week ago. This isn't new news sorry.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Pulled his name out over a week ago. This isn't new news sorry.

Didn't pull his own name. Remember the powers that be?
Remember the blonde
Running Back Wrote:Didn't pull his own name. Remember the powers that be?

Can't accuse others of what the previous did.
Really? What a shame.
Running Back Wrote:Didn't pull his own name. Remember the powers that be?

What do you mean? Was he turned down or did he decline?