Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trashtalker Wrote:Fraizer head and they let Hoskins coach saves kids safes face saves season!!!!!! Then they go 5-5 and lose to Middlesboro

Sounded good right up till the part that is 5-5 and Middlesboro was going to beat someone. 0-10 Middlesboro in 2016. That is if Harlan will learn how to call offensive plays.

We will more than likely go 6-4 and that will not be great at all.
How long does Donahue have to give answer?
Hurry up and hire so you don't surpass the 55 pages of the #1 thread about the Whitley hire two years ago
So let me get this straight...

Duncum wanted Donahue to be a coordinator under him if he got the job. Bell reached out to Donahue for the head coaching spot behind Duncum's back. Donahue still considering the position. How tight are Duncum and Donahue? Doesn't seem like much loyalty there if either one are still considering the opening.

McPeek turned Bell down, not Bell turned McPeek down. That's a head shaker to me in itself.

Who else has even applied for this position? This may be the worst opening left in the state in all aspects of the position.
Madness Wrote:Sounded good right up till the part that is 5-5 and Middlesboro was going to beat someone. 0-10 Middlesboro in 2016. That is if Harlan will learn how to call offensive plays.

We will more than likely go 6-4 and that will not be great at all.

As much as I support bell this is why it's hard sometimes. We have some of the most uneducated football fans in the state. We may very well go 6-4 but to say JB is the right go or that were in any shape to talk about another program is stupid. We have less talent than anyone in the county coming back or coming up. Also middlesboro has a very good young staff pineville has a veteran staff and we are here with a million dollar turf field with no staff no talent and no leadership. Let's stop looking at this through rose colored glasses. Our best possible hired right now is JB if that doesn't put things into perspective you are in denial. We may beat mboro and pineville next yearMAYB. After that if something doesn't change fast we might as well start wearing the maroon and white again. TRUTH
You have lost your mind if you think we have less talent than anyone in county. I was at the Harlan , Middlesboro game and play calling got them beat. Know what you are talking about. Look at the schedule , final numbers 7-5. Truth. My point is we will never be in the shape of Middlesboro, even with this going on. They won 1 game, and may not win one next year. Fact
I have to agree we will never be in the shape Middlesboro sports are in. After next year Pineville will be lucky to field a football team. Things are bad here , but they could be a lot worse. Let me say if we keep these people in charge they may get a lot worse.
panther nation Wrote::please:
What are you Confusedmoke: there is no way he would leave KC to go there. Think about it, if he wouldn't go home to Harlan County why would he want to step into such a mess in Bell County....

I hope Bell gets Russell and you get a mediocre at best coach Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I hope Bell gets Russell and you get a mediocre at best coach Confusednicker:

Will be hard for him to get the job considering he's never applied for it.
I for one don't have anything negative to say about JB. But I don't think our boys need a coach who would not be working in the building. They need a person with them. Not someone who will drive every day to practice as I hear he'd be coaching only after retiring with no teaching job. They need a weight program during the day. Seems like the program would be going backwards. Then this week I hear of another scenario as meetings have gone on to ask a head coach back. And his name does not start with D.
Madness Wrote:You have lost your mind if you think we have less talent than anyone in county. I was at the Harlan , Middlesboro game and play calling got them beat. Know what you are talking about. Look at the schedule , final numbers 7-5. Truth. My point is we will never be in the shape of Middlesboro, even with this going on. They won 1
game, and may not win one next year. Fact

I'm telling you after this year we have ZERO talent. I don't know what pineville has coming up but yoy can see middlesboro actually has a good amount of young talent. Seems as they have a really good young staff if they all stick around. I hate to say it but we're in the worst situation of all. Believe what you want and I hope I am wrong....
pjdoug Wrote:I hope Bell gets Russell and you get a mediocre at best coach Confusednicker:

Why would you even put Russell's name in the mix? Not even a part of the conversation.

Bell County will not fall as far as Middlesboro has, people will vote out administration at Bell. They are going to fall on some hard times the next few years after the 2016 season. Hard times for Bell is .500. I do not see them falling below that, unless they are scheduling tough teams right now. One aspect is that coaches are scheduling games and if Bell has to play what is left because no one is taking care of it, then things could go below .500 and they will look for another coach in a few years.
WhyLie Wrote:I have to agree we will never be in the shape Middlesboro sports are in. After next year Pineville will be lucky to field a football team. Things are bad here , but they could be a lot worse. Let me say if we keep these people in charge they may get a lot worse.

Can you explain to me how middlesboro sports are that much worse than us? From the outside looking in they have young talent and good young coaches. Minus the 1-10 season I don't know what's not trending upward for them. I understand pineville they're always going to be pineville. I have to say that I really am worried that we may be losing the edge in the future in the county.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Why would you even put Russell's name in the mix? Not even a part of the conversation.

Bell County will not fall as far as Middlesboro has, people will vote out administration at Bell. They are going to fall on some hard times the next few years after the 2016 season. Hard times for Bell is .500. I do not see them falling below that, unless they are scheduling tough teams right now. One aspect is that coaches are scheduling games and if Bell has to play what is left because no one is taking care of it, then things could go below .500 and they will look for another coach in a few years.

That's what I'm saying stop looking at records. We play a terrible schedule. I'll admit that. There's not many teams on it that we shouldn't beat every year. We're not playing schools 2-3 times bigger than us a 5 win season with our schedule is a terrible terrible football team bottom line.
Really, Middlesboro , everyone needs a money game.
Boyle
Wayne Co.
Harlan Co.
Whitley Co. ? 1/2 and 1/2
Campbell Co. Tn. Better check how good they are now.

Why do you say a weak schedule, better learn a little football if that is weak.
WhyLie Wrote:Really, Middlesboro , everyone needs a money game.
Boyle
Wayne Co.
Harlan Co.
Whitley Co. ? 1/2 and 1/2
Campbell Co. Tn. Better check how good they are now.

Why do you say a weak
schedule, better learn a little football if that is weak.

Oh I know football sir. I'll say then and get back on the topic. You that's 3 good games Boyle Wayne and maybe Campbell...Harlan county is bad...and Whitley come on...a big school like that who consistently lost kids to wburg there's no way Whitley should play us close ever!...Chappell??? There's a reason his track record is what it is....
So you think that schedule is weak?

I said Whitley Co. 50/50

You would not last two seasons then, schedule yourself out of a job. Or maybe you are looking for one now?
WhyLie Wrote:So you think that schedule is weak?

I said Whitley Co. 50/50

You would not last two seasons then, schedule yourself out of a job. Or maybe you are looking for one now?

No thank you I've been out of it a while but I guess I have a as good of a shot as any at this gig!
Just wait a week or so they will call. LOL

I am hearing if JB turns this down they may turn to Brian Crawford.
Then things will get as bad as anywhere else. :HitWall:
Is it the same D I'm hearing about also RunningBack? Confusednicker:
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Hurry up and hire so you don't surpass the 55 pages of the #1 thread about the Whitley hire two years ago
27 pages of that was Dougggiee having Dudley sightings. I sure hope he went to the eye doctor, because he wasn't to reliable.
BasketballManiac Wrote:Is it the same D I'm hearing about also RunningBack? Confusednicker:

He said it did NOT start with a D. So not your guy.
Donahue , what did he say?
And another week has come to a end and still no hire...
Each week that goes by I want to give a big Bobcat thanks to Richard Gambrel , for the hard work he has done to keep us from hiring a coach. Tom Lefevers for his ability to do nothing as AD. A special thanks to John Brock for his insight as to what a football coach at Bell should be. With each passing day you show why you should not be in charge of anything in a school system. Thanks guys.:please::please::please:
redrocket Wrote:Oh I know football sir. I'll say then and get back on the topic. You that's 3 good games Boyle Wayne and maybe Campbell...Harlan county is bad...and Whitley come on...a big school like that who consistently lost kids to wburg there's no way Whitley should play us close ever!...Chappell??? There's a reason his track record is what it is....

I'd say they lost wayyyyy more to Corbin than Williamsburg :biglmao:
insideinfo Wrote:27 pages of that was Dougggiee having Dudley sightings. I sure hope he went to the eye doctor, because he wasn't to reliable.

to and too are two differen't words.
:biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:to and too are two differen't words.

Look at you. English major.......now stay on topic
WhyLie Wrote:Each week that goes by I want to give a big Bobcat thanks to Richard Gambrel , for the hard work he has done to keep us from hiring a coach. Tom Lefevers for his ability to do nothing as AD. A special thanks to John Brock for his insight as to what a football coach at Bell should be. With each passing day you show why you should not be in charge of anything in a school system. Thanks guys.:please::please::please:

Think all the administration should get s shout out..