Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Madness Wrote:We went through this last year. Losing Qb will make it worse.

HCS, that is why I say toss up.

It looked like you said it's a win if he stays.
I'm not saying it's a definite Harlan County win by any means. I think it should be a good one with HCHS gaining a bigger edge the next two or three years after seeing the middle school games over the last few years.
Finis Wrote:Talked to a source today. It will be Duncum's job. The supt will not allow McPeek for a number of reasons, no matter how bad the 3 blind mice want him to be.

russellpride Wrote:I talked to source that says its Mcpeek job if he wants it and they give him what he needs to be successful which it sounds like on here they won't and sky is falling

This is exactly what I am talking about. I believe both of these post. 1 part of the committee has told Duncum and the other part has told McPeek. this is why we have no coach. :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
I agree Dud wouldnt come back but im sure bell fans would love to see him back. I also would like to see him come back and see if he could turn the program back around, with his health not being to well I think it would make sense to have one more run at it in an elite program.
Middlesboro is in the best financial shape in the county!!! Middlesboro will keep the QB and have some nice pieces to go with him! For the sake of the kids at Bell County I hope they give it to anyone that will accept it at this point! With the great players that played at Bell is there none that are teachers/coaches??? Be a shame to have that much history and bring an "Outsider" in to coach the train wreck
Trashtalker Wrote:Middlesboro is in the best financial shape in the county!!! Middlesboro will keep the QB and have some nice pieces to go with him! For the sake of the kids at Bell County I hope they give it to anyone that will accept it at this point! With the great players that played at Bell is there none that are teachers/coaches??? Be a shame to have that much history and bring an "Outsider" in to coach the train wreck

But that is exactly what the "brain trust" :biglmao: wants is an outsider. They think someone from the outside would have done better these last 30 years. Someone more modern. Now look at the names they are considering? 1 runs the wing T and the other power I. Both are mediocre at best.
Not to mention, if either of them was a "GREAT COACH" or even a candidate they would be in as a Head Coach now thriving and running a successful program. Oh wait, neither of them are or have been ran out of town in their previous job. I am honestly glad I do not live in Bell Co anymore. This literally is embarrassing.

IDIOTS......
You argue every point anyone makes how mature are you??

And you know absolutely nothing about Bell co support and how much a very small group has done to keep the program afloat with no help at all from any of the administration. Then they have been spurned away now. How do you think those parents, boosters and coaches feel now? Do you think they will support the program as long as the idiots are running the village? No they will not.

Alittle success in class A with a ton of " benefits" don't mean you can coach. We have saw the McPeek coaching tree up close. It was never impressive.
I had a conversation with a Bell School Board member a couple of years back who told me he was glad Dudly was gone and would not have him back...I was shocked by his comments and always wondered why he felt that way...
Duncum is a good guy, not sure it's a home run hire...
And you talk about classes let's be honest 3a isn't that bad. Corbin and belfry only teams that can play a lick on that side of bracket so again stop with the excuses of classes coaching is coaching never get why people use that reasoning other than just to complain
AnywayI'm beating a dead horse to some of you because you wouldn't be happy if saban came to bell county. I've heard many Dudley stories I wouldn't put him up on the top of the mountain either. Good luck hiring new coach and most of all those kids deserve it.
Everyone self imposed. You get off easier. That is not something that deserves an award.
Finis Wrote:Everyone self imposed. You get off easier. That is not something that deserves an award.

True but my point is it was offered not given which is opposite of people's statement. Look I agree Nate was wrong and should've known. I'm not turning my back on him like some people have. I feel like he does a good job running a program and I'm from Ashland Kentucky been here my whole life and he won at flipping Fairview. You can talk about kids coming in etc. just think your short changing is all. I'm going to let it go though in all seriousness good luck to bell county and the kids moving forward.
Trashtalker Wrote:Middlesboro is in the best financial shape in the county!!! Middlesboro will keep the QB and have some nice pieces to go with him! For the sake of the kids at Bell County I hope they give it to anyone that will accept it at this point! With the great players that played at Bell is there none that are teachers/coaches??? Be a shame to have that much history and bring an "Outsider" in to coach the train wreck

I am sure they are, they give their kids nothing, look at their buildings and athletic fields. Look at teacher turn over every year. Our teachers will have work, they can go to Middlesboro , those teachers are leaving in groves every year. That place is worse than Bell.

You are correct we needed to hire a person close to our program, but our leadership can not see the light of day.
I have tried to avoid deleting any posts because of the nature of the thread. But you guys have started talking about identity, getting off topic, etc.

Please continue to post but stick to the new rules. I really can understand your frustration and anger.

Thank you.
[quote=Trashtalker]Middlesboro is in the best financial shape in the county!!! Middlesboro will keep the QB and have some nice pieces to go with him! For the sake of the kids at Bell County I hope they give it to anyone that will accept it at this point! With the great players that played at Bell is there none that are teachers/coaches??? Be a shame to have that much history and bring an "Outsider" in to coach the train wreck[/QUOTE

I do not want to make this a Middlesboro/Bell arguement, but politics has gotten you or your kids nothing, our politics are now hurting our kids. Politics has no place in schools but where is the first place it shows itself. We need to hire a great coach, not one because he is from Bell High. Middlesboro nor Bell should be giving any advice on how to run a school system, both have some critical short comings that do not have the kids first , mentality.

HIRE A COACH TOMMORROW, we all know you read this board.
BasketballManiac Wrote:I agree Dud wouldnt come back but im sure bell fans would love to see him back. I also would like to see him come back and see if he could turn the program back around, with his health not being to well I think it would make sense to have one more run at it in an elite program.

I keep reading this long and rich football history and elite program at Bell County. What was their overall record prior to Dudley Hilton? How many championships?
Dudley was here over 30 years....that is what we consider long. over 300 wins and adverage 10 wins a season. Just because we have had one coach that long and lets not forget Mills record, this speaks for itself.
Bell high is only a little over 30 years old Doug. Pretty good 30 years. The old bell county school is the old school. We were terrible. We just played football for fun. Basketball is the only thing we could win at. That all changed with the "new school." Sad thing is we will not be able to win at either in the coming years.
I haven't commented on this cause I figured things would be a mess I hate this is happening especially to our kids man its bad and these boys have worked hard and feel like they have been just tossed to the wolves and that no one cares about them I mean darn if you knew you was letting your coach go why not already have a plan for replacement:lame: It is Pathetic!!!!
and if they do not hire the right guy it will be the worst I have ever seen it since way before Dudley came
Who is the right guy? There has not been a good word said aout any of the coaches mentioned, including Dudley. My observation says ,there is no right guy.

Good Luck
BobcatForever Wrote:I haven't commented on this cause I figured things would be a mess I hate this is happening especially to our kids man its bad and these boys have worked hard and feel like they have been just tossed to the wolves and that no one cares about them I mean darn if you knew you was letting your coach go why not already have a plan for replacement:lame: It is Pathetic!!!!

I agree 100%. The way this move has been handled is going to be detrimental to the program for a while. I feel really bad for the kids that are stuck here now. The ones that can leave will. Really sad.
I challenge any Bell fan to name the right guy.
NextGeneration Wrote:I challenge any Bell fan to name the right guy.

I think that is the point, should not have made a move. Especially if anyone looked at the big picture but obviously they didn't.
I would like to see that also. Who you want? There are at least 4 of you viewing this now, let's here it.

So you talk bad about every coach?
TopCat Wrote:I think that is the point, should not have made a move. Especially if anyone looked at the big picture but obviously they didn't.

So you talk bad about others because of it?

That is not the real reason. He is gone, get by it. Are you going to be apart of the problem or solution. Name your guy.
PRIDE101 Wrote:So you talk bad about others because of it?

That is not the real reason. He is gone, get by it. Are you going to be apart of the problem or solution. Name your guy.

No I talk the truth about the others because it is the truth. As someone said if you are going to get rid of someone that is doing a good job and is good to the kids you better damn well have a plan. Obviously not much of a plan or forward thinking here.
Name your guy. My point is you guys will not be happy with anyone. That is why I think Bell is in trouble. Everyone including the administration is now apart of the problem and not the solution. JMO
Whylie, Madness, bobcat9108, Topcat, bobcat4years, Muney, bobcatforever ,Finis`, trenches
if I am leaving anyone out sorry, you can answer also.

who do you want.........can you answer the question? Or do you just want to bash coaches?
Of the 2 choices Duncum is the only 1 that has a chance at success. Is that better?