Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just dropped by to see if anyone has been hired.

See you again in 3 months.

^ Confusednicker:
64black&gold Wrote:2A and 3A out of 4 classes. Also I agree if you get that many you should win A LOT of games !!!!. But there have been many who had that many and didn't. Don't have to like Chucky of course but I think he's a pretty good coach.

anybody would like him after he coached their team to multiple state championships.
NO there haven't been anyone that had 2 D 1 Dlineman one of which played in the NFL, 1 NFL TE that also played Defensive in high school and a first team ACC guard in 2A football in Ky!!!!! You are not talking about Texas high school football buddy. To have that many D 1 players on any football team in this state is unheard of. I would say Trinity hasn't had that to many times!
pjdoug Wrote:I know. I'm a Jerry Reed fan Smile

Just for you PJ. I think the former coaches at Bell may get the gold mine, while the new guy may get the shaft??Confusednicker:
TopCat Wrote:Just for you PJ. I think the former coaches at Bell may get the gold mine, while the new guy may get the shaft??Confusednicker:

unfortunately. that sounds about right. I guess the former coaches are loaded up and truckin'? Confusednicker:
So.....no coach yet?
Bert Browne is coming to town.
All adversity creates opportunity. Rising seniors will step up and lead. Those guys have not grown up in a winning program to watch the adults tank their last season in pads. My bet is they are already pushing each other and getting ready to go compete for a championship next year.
Football1 Wrote:All adversity creates opportunity. Rising seniors will step up and lead. Those guys have not grown up in a winning program to watch the adults tank their last season in pads. My bet is they are already pushing each other and getting ready to go compete for a championship next year.

We can play our JV with no coach and win most of our regular schedule games. I am a big optimist about a lot of things football isn't one of them in football i see myself as a realist. And the reality is there won't be any kind of championship won by us this year. Unless of course you're taking about district then that's probable.
I think District is completely locked up by the hounds. Bell lost a Ton and Corbin didn't loose much outside of Lambert that actually played this year.
redrocket Wrote:We can play our JV with no coach and win most of our regular schedule games. I am a big optimist about a lot of things football isn't one of them in football i see myself as a realist. And the reality is there won't be any kind of championship won by us this year. Unless of course you're taking about district then that's probable.

That is the arrogance and attitude that we are used to from Bell, and it is also the attitude that is put them in the position of not having a coach and not even having anyone who when offered will take it......It is also the reason that several members here have been forecasting (correctly) that Bell would be in the position.

Bell may be able to compete this year but the next two or three could be a situation where they will have the Bobcat faithful on suicide watch..............
I still say that this is a program that year in, year out is going to have a shot at winning anywhere from 6-10 games and a very legit shot of playing for a Region Championship most every year.

Again, no offense to the other schools, but I don't see Bell County falling on any harder times than Casey, Estill, Knott Central, Powell, Jackson, Magoffin, Morgan, Breathitt, etc. are going through (and, some have unfortunately been going through those hard times for a good while).

There are so many teams across our state that know their fate every year in January. There isn't an offseason program and/or a coach that will change any of that because of outside factors that they can't control; others in their district/region are just better..always have been, always will be (yearly-random exceptions, obviously). Bell, though? That district and region (outside of Corbin) is as wide open and level of a playing field as an aspiring head coach could ever hope to find.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:That is the arrogance and attitude that we are used to from Bell, and it is also the attitude that is put them in the position of not having a coach and not even having anyone who when offered will take it......It is also the reason that several members here have been forecasting (correctly) that Bell would be in the position.

Bell may be able to compete this year but the next two or three could be a situation where they will have the Bobcat faithful on suicide watch..............

You are badly mistaken! There is no arrogance in anything i said. And in no way shape or form does what i said have anything to do with the situation we are in. So whatever "attitude" you are referring to don't associate it with what i said. I was simply speaking the truth. We play an extremely weak schedule regular season if anything i was pointing out that fact more so than i was bragging or being "arrogant" about our team. I think we are in a terrible situation and the reason for that is our past head coach made immature decisions, and our current administration wouldn't know football if it bit them on the rear. So make sure you read the posts and understand the context before you (incorrectly) forecast arrogance from me.
Weak schedule? You will see next year. I thought Bell played a pretty darn good 1.
An another week goes by and still no hire..... sad.
ArchieAdams Wrote:Weak schedule? You will see next year. I thought Bell played a pretty darn good 1.

Pike county central, Casey county, Jackson county, Whitley county, Harlan, and estill...absolutely brutal!! Go and look at the total wins-loss records of these teams.
However we did play Boyle and Corbin. I'm not saying our schedule is any weaker than anyone else's or that we should change it. My point was this year we should be able to do well at least in the Region season without seeing a big drop off but after that it seems to be all downhill
Georgia
Did he take it?

About the schedule, you can leave district out. Our schedule has been above average across the board.
WhyLie Wrote:Did he take it?

About the schedule, you can leave district out. Our schedule has been above average across the board.

Average..yes if you mean comparative to other teams schedules. But as far as average combined wins losses of opponents no. Anyway did someone take the job?
redrocket Wrote:Average..yes if you mean comparative to other teams schedules. But as far as average combined wins losses of opponents no. Anyway did someone take the job?

If you have a good team, or are perceived to have a good team no one wants to play you. Scheduling is getting rediculous because everybody get into the playoffs. The Khsaa is going to have to do something or some of these schools will be playing 9 games every year.
Where are the fab 3 with all the info. Come on Papa did he take it? He was suppose to be here today.
What number did they take 1-20????
insideinfo Wrote:If you have a good team, or are perceived to have a good team no one wants to play you. Scheduling is getting rediculous because everybody get into the playoffs. The Khsaa is going to have to do something or some of these schools will be playing 9 games every year.

One of the worst things about 6 classes: scheduling.

Great point.

I don't know why some of these places, especially those that struggle with numbers, don't play 9 games a year as is.

In some of the mid Atlantic, Northeastern states, etc..all they play are 8-9 game regular seasons.

Practice doesn't start until the 1st or 2nd week of August, games not until Labor Day weekend or the week after. State finals still played the same weekend as ours. Traditional Thanksgiving Day/weekend games for both those in the playoffs and those who aren't (don't ask me how they go about it, but it happens).

...all kinds of good stuff. Makes way too much sense, I know. After all...if we play 15 and go all summer long, use damn near all of July as the new preseason, we will eventually be as good as GA, TX, FL, AL, etc., right?! Smile
So who was supposed to be here today?
21. Mcpeek
22. Woolum
23. Duncam
24. Fraizer
25. Donahue
26. Herron
27. C.Larkey
Oh wait that's all the guys that's turned this job down at least once!!!
I can't believe this is still going at this point. Anyone with a pulse will be good. The old guy maybe the answer for a year or two. To think we have a shot at winning the district is crazy and puts pressure on the new Coach before he starts. With what graduated 5-6 wins is good. Redrocket reality will set in for you soon.

If it is McCreary that takes it he will be in a tough position off the bat with no help coaching. I just hope he does his research and don't take things at face value from the 3 stooges and his Evarts buddy.
Finis Wrote:I can't believe this is still going at this point. Anyone with a pulse will be good. The old guy maybe the answer for a year or two. To think we have a shot at winning the district is crazy and puts pressure on the new Coach before he starts. With what graduated 5-6 wins is good. Redrocket reality will set in for you soon.

If it is McCreary that takes it he will be in a tough position off the bat with no help coaching. I just hope he does his research and don't take things at face value from the 3 stooges and his Evarts buddy.

Don't see what you mean? Thats exactly what i said i said there won't be any championships for us IF notice i said IF there was district is the only possibility. and Finis you have had all the answers from the beginning you're one of those people who seem to know everything or SAY you don't and just don't ever say a whole lot. I don't think we will win district at all but i know we darn sure aren't winning region or state. From now on ill Pm you my posts and make sure everything is ok. Thanks!
Don't know how to PM. Just meet me at DQ and we can talk it over. I thought you said we would win the district? My bad if is misread that.

RR how successful has our younger classes been in Jr. League and Middle school? I know our Seniors to be were pretty good in Middle school but what about the rest?
Finis Wrote:Don't know how to PM. Just meet me at DQ and we can talk it over. I thought you said we would win the district? My bad if is misread that.

RR how successful has our younger classes been in Jr. League and Middle school? I know our Seniors to be were pretty good in Middle school but what about the rest?

I don't think we will win district i think we have a more realistic shot in doing that than the 0% chance we have at region and state. Our younger classes are not very good right now we don't have much talent coming up. The talent we do have in middle school are former coaches sons. Youth league is a mess anyway hard to tell. Dudley was a great coach for us and Mills was good but make no mistake that those guys had talent. i just don't think we have anywhere near that same talent level right now.