Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is to bad for McPeek, everything will be stacked against him, everything. Next year , will be just ok, then things get bad. I do not care if Nick Saban is coaching.
Duncum and a couple more could have kept a player or two we need.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County lost to Highlands because they had no passing game whatsoever.

You are dead wrong. Whitley had 314 yards total offense that game but turned the ball over on downs three times inside the 25 and had a couple of fumbles as well. HHS had a great team and made plays went it counted. Passing or not passing did not play a factor in that game. You dance with who brought you and running the ball got them there. The HHS defense had the responsibility of stopping the run and they did.
Heard today they may be a new guy in the mix. Going to get very interesting .
Can't believe they are considering McPeek, his history is a lot more marked than Mills ever was.

Something to consider is that Bell may not get past the 2rd for the forseable future. KHSAA changes would mean you will play in your own district for the first 2 rounds. They will not be in the same league as the pups for the next 5-6 years.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Never heard of him who is it?

He is the young and talented coach at Campbell County.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Whitley County lost to Highlands because Highlands is better than Whitley County in every aspect of the game.

Whitley County lost to Highlands because they had no passing game just like I said.:lame:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Whitley lost to highlands because highlands was twice the team Whitley county was. It doesn't matter if Urban Meyer or Nick Saban was coaching Whitley, they lose.

talking out your @ss again. Whitley had a big strong and physical team in 08 that could hang right with Highlands if they had a passing game. Johnson Central has been the same way for years and wasted talent due to lack of passing game.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:You are dead wrong. Whitley had 314 yards total offense that game but turned the ball over on downs three times inside the 25 and had a couple of fumbles as well. HHS had a great team and made plays went it counted. Passing or not passing did not play a factor in that game. You dance with who brought you and running the ball got them there. The HHS defense had the responsibility of stopping the run and they did.

You are dead wrong and :lame:.Highlands obviously had a great and balanced team which is why they won the game.it wasn't very difficult for Highlands to stop what they knew was coming .You sound like a Whitley coach. no wonder they have never been any good.
Back on topic please.
So who is the new guy in the mix?
Chip Kelly. ... Confusednicker:
Get it back on topic or it will be shut down very quickly!

Thanks
What about Dan Turner he is back coaching and a Bell Co guy! Position coach of the year in Tn a few years back!
is Larkey in the mix?
If they don't make a hire soon, I'm going to apply. And I'll let everybody here help me with the team.

Sound like a good deal?
I haven't post in this treat in a long time because I'm so close to so many people that's involved and I'm emotionally connected as Bell co Football is one of my favorite past times.

I wish that everyone would remove their personnel feeling and wants. Pick a coach that's local or one associated with the program. I'm tired of the program and the administration being the center of attention of high school football. Time for Bell co football to move on.
AGAIN!!! Archie Madness McPeek rating by the KHSAA commissioner is very high! so quit speculating and listening to rumors!! He will be the next HC at Bell and he will win!!:1
Objective Wrote:I haven't post in this treat in a long time because I'm so close to so many people that's involved and I'm emotionally connected as Bell co Football is one of my favorite past times.

I wish that everyone would remove their personnel feeling and wants. Pick a coach that's local or one associated with the program. I'm tired of the program and the administration being the center of attention of high school football. Time for Bell co football to move on.

Limiting your pool of applicants is a surefire way to be disappointed.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Limiting your pool of applicants is a surefire way to be disappointed.

Yea having it opened up to everyone outside sure has worked out well the last 2 months hasn't it???:lmao:
William Muney Wrote:Yea having it opened up to everyone outside sure has worked out well the last 2 months hasn't it???:lmao:

So, what you're saying, is that Bell County is filled with elite level coaches? It's not my fault no one wants the job. I'm just saying that, statistically, limiting a pool to on a certain demographic or region is never the wise move. Not just with football, but with anything in life. Better numbers available results in better people available.
I agree with both sides. If there is a good quality coach available in program then yes you can give them a shot. Its always best to have it completely open. My only question to all of those saying hire someone in the program would be WHO?? Everyone said Frazier turned it down..to my knowledge and i could be wrong there is no one else in that program that has even been a coordinator let alone a head coach.... I can tell you what you DONT do....you don't just give a head coaching job to some assistant just because they have been there. You hire the best person for the job. Granted a lot of people have supposedly turned it down but you can't just hire someone because they're familiar with Bell county. Now maybe i am wrong but who else on that staff would even be qualified?
There are several, Randy Frazier(HC) ,Fred Hoskins (DC), Bo Calebs has been a head coach. Brian Crawford (OC) , and I am missing someone else.
Madness Wrote:There are several, Randy Frazier(HC) ,Fred Hoskins (DC), Bo Calebs has been a head coach. Brian Crawford (OC) , and I am missing someone else.

Where did Bo Calebs coach at?
He was a head coach at Cawood High School
Madness Wrote:He was a head coach at Cawood High School

I thought the name sounded familiar. Cawood used to be a dreaded opponent.
Objective Wrote:I haven't post in this treat in a long time because I'm so close to so many people that's involved and I'm emotionally connected as Bell co Football is one of my favorite past times.

Well stated. The problem is ,The committee members loves the attention. It is all about them. The next few years we will remind them daily how it is all about them.
Madness Wrote:Well stated. The problem is ,The committee members loves the attention. It is all about them. The next few years we will remind them daily how it is all about them.

:Thumbs:
Ok. Rumors are just that, rumors. But heard today they've offered to 4 different coaches and all have turned it down. Now they're trying to "Re-offer" to one of those. Obviously, administration stinks but is this job really that bad? Sounds like the commitee is trying plenty hard enough they just can't find anyone who wants it.
They are the reason some have turned it down.