Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Madness Wrote:One post says you didn't and the other proved it by saying multiple lawsuits. Facts that you post. I agree with you he should not come back, but that is not what I said.

There has been multiple lawsuits and complaints in 2 separate years. I do not know all the details but I the "facts" that I was referring to is that he was fired whether he should or should not have been is a different story. But is it a fact that if you are fired especially this mess that has followed all I am saying is 1. It's bad for mills and 2. It makes us look like even bigger fools. Best thing to do at this point is find someone who wants it and let's make the best of it. For better or worse were still going to have to put a team on the next fall.
It is a whole different world now that we have the Internet. What might have been kept hush-hush15 or 20 years ago is Now out there for anyone to see. All a coach has to do is go on this site, read this thread and know that this is a toxic situation with administrators who couldn't care less about this football program. Word is out and NOBODY wants the job. I feel sorry for the kids but I don't feel a bit sorry for the administrators.
redrocket Wrote:I know the facts! And more than anything I know if a MAN is fired by someone that means he's not wanted to turn around and even think about taking it is completely stupid. I think a lot of coach he's made some poor decisions but taking this job again would by far be the worst. Those are the facts

One suit vs multiple Bell people. Not multiple suits as you commented in previous post. That's the facts. I think it's saying something that the person who fired Mills is trying her dangest to get him back. Seems like the decision was premature. Must not of been that bad to ask him backwouldn't you agree? Better investigate your facts a little more.
Running Back Wrote:One suit vs multiple Bell people. Not multiple suits as you commented in previous post. That's the facts. I think it's saying something that the person who fired Mills is trying her dangest to get him back. Seems like the decision was premature. Must not of been that bad to ask him backwouldn't you agree? Better investigate your facts a little more.

100% :truestory:
William Muney Wrote:100% :truestory:

Haha I guess I'll keep saying it. Everyone needs to stop sugar coating this mess. Mills was fired (for good reason) don't want to get fired don't act like a complete idiot period! As far as assistants go i hate the situation for them. Especially the one who they won't let come back. I know him a little bit and seems like a pretty good guy. But if we bring mills back/ he chooses to come back it will looks terrible on both sides. Let's just move on from this there's no turning back let mills go to Corbin or wherever let the assistants either leave or just teach and let's move on. Too many things already done. And I'll say it again those are the FACTS. 1 or 1000 lawsuits you're a head coach and the stories I've heard do not display behavior I would expect from a man in that position PERIOD.
And I do not mean anything negative toward coach mills or any of the assistants. I know many of them personally. But when you make a decisions this big that's impacts this many people for right or wrong you stick by your guns. You never double over and give in. This wasn't a bad decisions to fire mills the bad decisions was made in the hiring process. Let's not make it worse by back tracking stick to your guns and find a guy who wants this job and wants to work and wants to NOT make immature decisions.
redrocket Wrote:There has been multiple lawsuits and complaints in 2 separate years. I do not know all the details but I the "facts" that I was referring to is that he was fired whether he should or should not have been is a different story. But is it a fact that if you are fired especially this mess that has followed all I am saying is 1. It's bad for mills and 2. It makes us look like even bigger fools. Best thing to do at this point is find someone who wants it and let's make the best of it. For better or worse were still going to have to put a team on the next fall.

I agree. It looks like we were talking about two different things. There is only one suit.
The past, let it go. Are we any closer to the future? What Coach now that Donahue has passed on this. Who is it going to be 4theplayerz , maybe one of your friends in higher places can add something to get us a coach. What are the three amigos doing now?
redrocket Wrote:Haha I guess I'll keep saying it. Everyone needs to stop sugar coating this mess. Mills was fired (for good reason) don't want to get fired don't act like a complete idiot period! As far as assistants go i hate the situation for them. Especially the one who they won't let come back. I know him a little bit and seems like a pretty good guy. But if we bring mills back/ he chooses to come back it will looks terrible on both sides. Let's just move on from this there's no turning back let mills go to Corbin or wherever let the assistants either leave or just teach and let's move on. Too many things already done. And I'll say it again those are the FACTS. 1 or 1000 lawsuits you're a head coach and the stories I've heard do not display behavior I would expect from a man in that position PERIOD.

For the record good reason must not have been good reason or he wouldn't be asked back point blank. Superficial at best. End there. Political power means a lot in a small town. Those powers will sink after this decision.
Stay on topic. This is about a coaching search for our team. Focus on them if you are a true supporter. Move on.
Redrocket I am beginning to think mills must not have played your son or something. Just because there is a lawsuit doesn't make him or anyone else guilty. I have never coached but my 2 sons played football and I saw and heard more than 2 or 3 absolutely very very very stupid parents. I really don't know why a man would want to get into this business today with all these parents who think their kid is the next one Saban is going to fly in and watch! I will never forget at one of my sons game there was a SEC coach there and a bunch of fathers were standing along the fence and one them said that coach was there to watch his son, I almost fell out with laughter. His son was a 5'10 200 pound TE!!!! Needless to say he didn't get offers from anyone. It sounds like to me some parents had it out for mills and redrocket if you haven't figured it out NO ONE WANTS THIS JOB!!!! You all are going to end up getting a Jr. high coach because no varsity guy asst or head wants his NU$## cut off. And that is a shame because of the GREAT TRADITION Bell has. FIRE THE SUPER AND THE PRIN and then you might get a good coach or mills might take it back, IMO that is the only way your football program gets a good head coach and your tradition stays in tack.
Here is how bad it is, a guy at a Class A school that is not a Class A power has TURNED DOWN THE BELL CO. JOB!!!!!!! That is unbelievable folks!!!!!! And I drop the mik with that one.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Redrocket I am beginning to think mills must not have played your son or something. Just because there is a lawsuit doesn't make him or anyone else guilty. I have never coached but my 2 sons played football and I saw and heard more than 2 or 3 absolutely very very very stupid parents. I really don't know why a man would want to get into this business today with all these parents who think their kid is the next one Saban is going to fly in and watch! I will never forget at one of my sons game there was a SEC coach there and a bunch of fathers were standing along the fence and one them said that coach was there to watch his son, I almost fell out with laughter. His son was a 5'10 200 pound TE!!!! Needless to say he didn't get offers from anyone. It sounds like to me some parents had it out for mills and redrocket if you haven't figured it out NO ONE WANTS THIS JOB!!!! You all are going to end up getting a Jr. high coach because no varsity guy asst or head wants his NU$## cut off. And that is a shame because of the GREAT TRADITION Bell has. FIRE THE SUPER AND THE PRIN and then you might get a good coach or mills might take it back, IMO that is the only way your football program gets a good head coach and your tradition stays in tack.

Upset much? First of all none of my kids have ever played for coach mills. As I said before most what what you said I had already said. Mills was fired because of poor judgment. Did some parents make a bigger deal out of it than what it was, maybe I don't know. All I am saying is you don't fire someone and then bring them back and you definitely don't get fired and come back. All I am saying is that both parties meaning the school and the former head coach need to move on. There is no positives in him being the coach again none! As I said before just like you I don't see any chance we get a current head coach. Maybe some assistants I don't know. What I do know is that this is the biggest mess I have seen and the only thing that could make is worse is hiring mills again completely stupid! Now I'll drop the MIC on that one.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Redrocket I am beginning to think mills must not have played your son or something. Just because there is a lawsuit doesn't make him or anyone else guilty. I have never coached but my 2 sons played football and I saw and heard more than 2 or 3 absolutely very very very stupid parents. I really don't know why a man would want to get into this business today with all these parents who think their kid is the next one Saban is going to fly in and watch! I will never forget at one of my sons game there was a SEC coach there and a bunch of fathers were standing along the fence and one them said that coach was there to watch his son, I almost fell out with laughter. His son was a 5'10 200 pound TE!!!! Needless to say he didn't get offers from anyone. It sounds like to me some parents had it out for mills and redrocket if you haven't figured it out NO ONE WANTS THIS JOB!!!! You all are going to end up getting a Jr. high coach because no varsity guy asst or head wants his NU$## cut off. And that is a shame because of the GREAT TRADITION Bell has. FIRE THE SUPER AND THE PRIN and then you might get a good coach or mills might take it back, IMO that is the only way your football program gets a good head coach and your tradition stays in tack.
http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...11574.html
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Here is how bad it is, a guy at a Class A school that is not a Class A power has TURNED DOWN THE BELL CO. JOB!!!!!!! That is unbelievable folks!!!!!! And I drop the mik with that one.

Why you dropping milk for? :biglmao:
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Here is how bad it is, a guy at a Class A school that is not a Class A power has TURNED DOWN THE BELL CO. JOB!!!!!!! That is unbelievable folks!!!!!! And I drop the mik with that one.

I understand exactly why? Here is a coach that has struggled with th class A cycle of athletes one year and not the next two. He is retiring from teaching and would just coach. Then you take a tradition rich program like Bell and he says no thanks. That makes the statement on the type people running this system. No question, says it all.
If you don't think ole dud took his teams to camp and scrimmaged when he was at bell I have ocean front property in Iowa to sell you. And you bring back mills and FIRE THE SUPER AND THE PRIN that is how you do it. Or get ole Johnny Ray that coached the 6th grade team somewhere to a mythical state championship to be your coach. Good luck with that one. A man that has ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING GOING for him wont touch this thing with a 10 foot pole as long as you have the admin still there!!!
The Eagle has landed Wrote:If you don't think ole dud took his teams to camp and scrimmaged when he was at bell I have ocean front property in Iowa to sell you. And you bring back mills and FIRE THE SUPER AND THE PRIN that is how you do it. Or get ole Johnny Ray that coached the 6th grade team somewhere to a mythical state championship to be your coach. Good luck with that one. A man that has ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING GOING for him wont touch this thing with a 10 foot pole as long as you have the admin still there!!!

Not going to happen
redrocket Wrote:Not going to happen

And ol dud with things how they are today would have been let go too
Ok Dud would not have done what got Mills fired. KHSAA sanctions were not that reason.
Isn't Dudley's team the one who was illegally scrimmaging Bell Co
The Eagle has landed Wrote:If you don't think ole dud took his teams to camp and scrimmaged when he was at bell I have ocean front property in Iowa to sell you. And you bring back mills and FIRE THE SUPER AND THE PRIN that is how you do it. Or get ole Johnny Ray that coached the 6th grade team somewhere to a mythical state championship to be your coach. Good luck with that one. A man that has ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING GOING for him wont touch this thing with a 10 foot pole as long as you have the admin still there!!!

You cheat is how you do it.if you want to win.fire a cheater then hire him back is how you win Confusednicker:
PRIDE101 Wrote:Ok Dud would not have done what got Mills fired. KHSAA sanctions were not that reason.

I see the bad moon rising. I see trouble on the way
former Wrote:Isn't Dudley's team the one who was illegally scrimmaging Bell Co

I wish the other cheating slime balls in the state would get caught :biggrin:
WhyLie Wrote:The past, let it go. Are we any closer to the future? What Coach now that Donahue has passed on this. Who is it going to be 4theplayerz , maybe one of your friends in higher places can add something to get us a coach. What are the three amigos doing now?

Different decision when both sides are hugging necks with one arm. While in the same sense stabbing in the back with the other arm
So to get back on topic. Realistically who are we looking at? What are some real possible names we could or should go after? Someone of us have to at least have some names or ideas.
redrocket Wrote:Upset much? First of all none of my kids have ever played for coach mills. As I said before most what what you said I had already said. Mills was fired because of poor judgment. Did some parents make a bigger deal out of it than what it was, maybe I don't know. All I am saying is you don't fire someone and then bring them back and you definitely don't get fired and come back. All I am saying is that both parties meaning the school and the former head coach need to move on. There is no positives in him being the coach again none! As I said before just like you I don't see any chance we get a current head coach. Maybe some assistants I don't know. What I do know is that this is the biggest mess I have seen and the only thing that could make is worse is hiring mills again completely stupid! Now I'll drop the MIC on that one.

No sir Mills and the whole staff got fired from a kids immature choice without going into more detail. They took the fall for his decision. That reason came straight from the admin when 30 varsity players stormed her office to stand up for their coaches and begging for their return. Figure since you're in the know that'd be something you'd know.
^I heard something like that, but could never confirm it.
Running Back Wrote:No sir Mills and the whole staff got fired from a kids immature choice without going into more detail. They took the fall for his decision. That reason came straight from the admin when 30 varsity players stormed her office to stand up for their coaches and begging for their return. Figure since you're in the know that'd be something you'd know.

What I know is that kids decisions were immature and shouldn't have happened. However you don't neglect to "be around" and let that happen without going into further detail. I also KNOW you don't show your rear to someone when you're a head coach regardless how close you are to that person. Can I prove all this NO but there's an old saying where there's smoke there's fire and there sure was a lot of smoke. I have said multiple times I'm not in "the know" as you say. Don't forget I'm not the bad guy I am a bell count guy and support the program. I'm nit here to laugh or make light of this situation. What I am saying although mills in my opinion is a good coach made some poor decisions that resulted in him being fired. Now I'll say it again I just think we need to move on quit complaining about administrators regardless how pitiful they are and try to find the best possible guy. Now since you are in "the know" go ahead and tell me how wrong I am and how none of this happened.
redrocket Wrote:What I know is that kids decisions were immature and shouldn't have happened. However you don't neglect to "be around" and let that happen without going into further detail. I also KNOW you don't show your rear to someone when you're a head coach regardless how close you are to that person. Can I prove all this NO but there's an old saying where there's smoke there's fire and there sure was a lot of smoke. I have said multiple times I'm not in "the know" as you say. Don't forget I'm not the bad guy I am a bell count guy and support the program. I'm nit here to laugh or make light of this situation. What I am saying although mills in my opinion is a good coach made some poor decisions that resulted in him being fired. Now I'll say it again I just think we need to move on quit complaining about administrators regardless how pitiful they are and try to find the best possible guy. Now since you are in "the know" go ahead and tell me how wrong I am and how none of this happened.

well said. any idea on how many people have applied for the job?
redrocket Wrote:What I know is that kids decisions were immature and shouldn't have happened. However you don't neglect to "be around" and let that happen without going into further detail. I also KNOW you don't show your rear to someone when you're a head coach regardless how close you are to that person. Can I prove all this NO but there's an old saying where there's smoke there's fire and there sure was a lot of smoke. I have said multiple times I'm not in "the know" as you say. Don't forget I'm not the bad guy I am a bell count guy and support the program. I'm nit here to laugh or make light of this situation. What I am saying although mills in my opinion is a good coach made some poor decisions that resulted in him being fired. Now I'll say it again I just think we need to move on quit complaining about administrators regardless how pitiful they are and try to find the best possible guy. Now since you are in "the know" go ahead and tell me how wrong I am and how none of this happened.

This is well said, however , it is the Richard Gambrel , Tom Lefevers AD , and John Brock that has made this hire such a cluster. If they knew how to do this, then it would have been done weeks ago. It is directly because of them and indirectly the super on the hire. What these three have done to coaches that wanted and was accepting this job is unacceptable in this business. So we can not stop talking about the administration and the job they are doing with this. I for one will be years talking about what they did to this program. I will not let them forget, make no mistake it will not be on this site, it will be face to face at every game they attend. I will remind them of their incompetence, and what they failed to do. Hire a Coach. If I could hire it would have been done, they are in charge of it. Put the blame where it goes, because you nor I can fix it, we can pressure it to be fix.