Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would guess a current assistant will take over if Dudley doesn't come back Smile
From my time in the know, there will be no current assistant at Bell hired as head coach. No Way, so you can put that to rest.
WhyLie Wrote:From my time in the know, there will be no current assistant at Bell hired as head coach. No Way, so you can put that to rest.

[Image: 616400]
WhyLie Wrote:From my time in the know, there will be no current assistant at Bell hired as head coach. No Way, so you can put that to rest.

What about a former Evarts Wildcat?
Maybe a certain neighboring school has 2 options that are Assistants.... One a Offensive and one a Defensive guy....
bcpc Wrote:Maybe a certain neighboring school has 2 options that are Assistants.... One a Offensive and one a Defensive guy....

Who would they be?
They are #1 and #2 from what I hear...... Mcpeek turned down log MTn job is the word...
What in the world is going on on Log Mountain when a coach the caliber of McPeek , and his wanting to return to Kentucky , turns down Bell County. Something is not right with this job.
bcpc Wrote:They are #1 and #2 from what I hear...... Mcpeek turned down log MTn job is the word...

Who is #1 and #2?
2 assistants from a nearby school
bcpc Wrote:2 assistants from a nearby school

You have all ready said that. There aren't any nearby.
PRIDE101 Wrote:What in the world is going on on Log Mountain when a coach the caliber of McPeek , and his wanting to return to Kentucky , turns down Bell County. Something is not right with this job.

Would you accept a job where you have to win ten games a year and a state championship once in every five years all the while making very little money and having no assistants or a viable feeder system?
Why lie or someone else can fill ya in.... All I am gonna say is, 2 assistants from a close by rival school. One has been a head coach before. One hasn't.
bcpc Wrote:Why lie or someone else can fill ya in.... All I am gonna say is, 2 assistants from a close by rival school. One has been a head coach before. One hasn't.

I assume Frazier is one. He would be quality because of coaching experience. I do remember someone said that Roark from Corbin applied. So 1 out of 2 not bad.
Frazier is not one I was told......
bcpc Wrote:Frazier is not one I was told......

Oh. I don't have a clue.
Well, it looks as if all someone has to do is call and say I want it. How many coaches have turned this down?
Anyone smart will turn it down.

The only thing this administration has done well is run good people off. It has been going on for a few years with some of our better teachers moving to other districts. It is only now coming to light because a larger part of the county knows about it b/c it involves football.
Frazier has not applied and there for not being considers is the word. Would be if he would apply I guess he is waiting on them to come to him. Super is setting up the Principle to fail she is pulling back from the hiring process and putting him in the firing line since it has been a mess. Who would have imagine the might might Bell co having to beg for a assistant coach to take the job.
Frazier or anyone else that has knowledge of the program would not get involved in this mess. Bell has not had a losing season in over 30 years now. The next HC could possibly be seen as the guy the sunk the ship!! Next years schedule is not easy.

Only name I have heard that I think could handle the job is Greg Duncum. He has had success before at a school similar to Bell and runs the style of offense to fit in. Has tons of experience. I am sure the administration will find something wrong with him.
Don't go giving up now... The ship will be righted.... The kids play the game, and there will be kids full of pride on the roster. In my opinion, anyone who follows a winning coach such as Hilton or Holcomb has a job on their hands... Fans on this board and as well as fans in the stands should realize this however hard it may be.... Bell will be back, they have pride, tradition, and kids whose daddies played and won.. So will they. As far as the ADMINISTRATION... That will also work itself out, you can run, but not hide.......
It's about the kids!!
Bobcat4years Wrote:It's about the kids!!

Whose kids?????Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
DUNCUM would be a Great Choice!
No one wants this job. Sound like everyone under the sun has turned it down. We're still on here talking about so and so would be a great hire or great choice. When your down to the 100th name on your list of coaches there is no great choice or great hire anymore. Sounds like Bell County better take the next caller who wants the job that knows how to spell football. Unless something unexpected happens there won't be a "good" hire here.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:DUNCUM would be a Great Choice!

If Greg wants it you better sign him up now!!!
johnnyd Wrote:Would you accept a job where you have to win ten games a year and a state championship once in every five years all the while making very little money and having no assistants or a viable feeder system?

Exactly. 1 + 1 is not equaling 2 for these guys.
Greg would be an excellent choice. I hadn't thought about him but he would be a great hire. All the kids like playing for him plus he is a no B.S. type of guy.
johnnyd Wrote:Would you accept a job where you have to win ten games a year and a state championship once in every five years all the while making very little money and having no assistants or a viable feeder system?

I don't understand why they have the expectations to win a state title every 5 years. They didn't even do that with Dudley. Granted, he brought them their first ones ever (and, who knows if they do it again), but those were 17 years apart.

Back in the old 4 classes, scheduling was easier when you had 7-8 teams in your district. Teams couldn't run from you because of being locked in. Now? You only have 3 and at the most 4-5 teams locked into play you & all of the others in your area that you USED to play and still SHOULD be playing, run like the wind.
panther nation Wrote:Greg would be an excellent choice. I hadn't thought about him but he would be a great hire. All the kids like playing for him plus he is a no B.S. type of guy.
Right now Duncum is an unpaid assistant at Corbin so I can see him being interested in the Bell job. He would be an excellent choice.