Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Goingdeep Wrote:Ok. Rumors are just that, rumors. But heard today they've offered to 4 different coaches and all have turned it down. Now they're trying to "Re-offer" to one of those. Obviously, administration stinks but is this job really that bad? Sounds like the commitee is trying plenty hard enough they just can't find anyone who wants it.

May be best at this point to go with someone that really wants it. At least they will be all in with the program, rather than begging someone to take it. If they wait too long those who do want it may not be there anymore...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:May be best at this point to go with someone that really wants it. At least they will be all in with the program, rather than begging someone to take it. If they wait too long those who do want it may not be there anymore...

I think that is what happened to Duncum.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I think that is what happened to Duncum.

Duncum hasn't been a head coach in a lot of years.Why would they want to hire him? or is he even interested? seems like he would rather be where he is.
pjdoug Wrote:Duncum hasn't been a head coach in a lot of years.Why would they want to hire him? or is he even interested? seems like he would rather be where he is.

He was interested but the kept jerking him around and he took his name out. I don't blame him.
Does anyone know if they are anywhere close to naming a coach.
FIRE THE PRINCIPAL AND THE SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold them accountable like they hold others accountable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY NOT?????? These sorry A%$ admin get a pass all the time but they don't care to mess a coaches life up!!!! You never see one of these turds fired because of this.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:FIRE THE PRINCIPAL AND THE SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold them accountable like they hold others accountable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY NOT?????? These sorry A%$ admin get a pass all the time but they don't care to mess a coaches life up!!!! You never see one of these turds fired because of this.

Agree but it takes a 4-1 board vote to remove a Super, do they have the votes...
OldJacket Wrote:Agree but it takes a 4-1 board vote to remove a Super, do they have the votes...

aren't the superintendent and board members usually "one" big clique?:biggrin:
I can't believe they still haven't found a coach! Does anyone have any news or anyone know of any names currently in the running?
I was told this morning that a group of parents and boosters were going to Supt this afternoon to halt the hiring of McPeek? Any truth?

This was not from a Pepsi guy. I hate to see Bell fall off the face of the earth, they are 1 of the few rivalries we have left.
ArchieAdams Wrote:I was told this morning that a group of parents and boosters were going to Supt this afternoon to halt the hiring of McPeek? Any truth?

This was not from a Pepsi guy. I hate to see Bell fall off the face of the earth, they are 1 of the few rivalries we have left.

That wouldn't shock me.
ArchieAdams Wrote:I was told this morning that a group of parents and boosters were going to Supt this afternoon to halt the hiring of McPeek? Any truth?

That is the rumor. We will see.
Nate is a great person and a great coach! The way all these people are acting who would want to join that circus! Control control,control parents want to control every move of the school and thats very sad. Nate would make you a winner again but this is another prime example of parents trying to be administrator, AD, and Head Coach no wonder the kids quit when tough times arise instead of fighting thru it, because their parents teach them to argue, be disruptive, lack of respect just like all you people are acting.
coach77 Wrote:Nate is a great person and a great coach! The way all these people are acting who would want to join that circus! Control control,control parents want to control every move of the school and thats very sad. Nate would make you a winner again but this is another prime example of parents trying to be administrator, AD, and Head Coach no wonder the kids quit when tough times arise instead of fighting thru it, because their parents teach them to argue, be disruptive, lack of respect just like all you people are acting.

That is the reason it has blown up. They have not allowed anyone parents, boosters, community members that follow football or anyone else to take part in this process. It has been all been on these 3 people. All the credit or blame falls on them.
coach77 Wrote:Nate is a great person and a great coach! The way all these people are acting who would want to join that circus! Control control,control parents want to control every move of the school and thats very sad. Nate would make you a winner again but this is another prime example of parents trying to be administrator, AD, and Head Coach no wonder the kids quit when tough times arise instead of fighting thru it, because their parents teach them to argue, be disruptive, lack of respect just like all you people are acting.

Oh COME ON!....I have to disagree regardless of whether he would make Bell a winner again or not (i don't think so) the man is cheater. You can say whatever you want to I've heard all the excuses over the years the bottom line is they cheated and truly the majority of it got covered up/overlooked. I think (and seems most agree with me) that Bell county does not want this man. period! its a sad day when you fire a coach for wrong doing and bring someone like this is....pathetic i truly HOPE bell county is smarter than that!
coach77 Wrote:Control control,control parents want to control every move of the school and thats very sad. . . no wonder the kids quit when tough times arise instead of fighting thru it, because their parents teach them to argue, be disruptive, lack of respect just like all you people are acting.

Today's "helicopter parents" make all aspects of teaching, coaching and even administrating a much more difficult and ineffective endeavor than it should be.
Im in no way saying parents or even fans of the program should be involved in the hiring process. However, i do know as a parent there is no way if my son were to play at a school someone like Mcpeek was about to be the coach at my son would be "GONE".
your a prime example what is wrong with social media ! your assuming things you are ignorant about! if you want to comment on Bell Football your option but when you make comment on someones character that you are completely clueless about that is not being a man its being a coward!
if you dont want him fine but I do know every aspect of what happened at Fairview and you are totally way off base! have some cuth!
coach77 Wrote:your a prime example what is wrong with social media ! your assuming things you are ignorant about! if you want to comment on Bell Football your option but when you make comment on someones character that you are completely clueless about that is not being a man its being a coward!
if you dont want him fine but I do know every aspect of what happened at Fairview and you are totally way off base! have some cuth!

Now now don't get angry...Actually i am not ignorant to what happened at fairview. I am actually very knowledgable to what happened. If you are as well like you say you are then you know you are wrong and just blatantly lying. I would not take a shot at someones character if i didn't know. Im not saying people can't change or that people can't make mistakes and bad decisions. There is no doubt that there was cheating at fairview by a few not just one but a few. There was more to it than playing one ineligible player (you know that if you really do know the situation). I am not from Bell county and i have no dog in this fight but there is no way you fire someone for wrong doing and hire someone with the baggage that comes with Mcpeek. Dont want to get into a big back and forth because thats not going to go anywhere. You have your opinions and i have mine but don't act like Mcpeek is some innocent person who got a raw deal.
coach77 Wrote:your a prime example what is wrong with social media ! your assuming things you are ignorant about! if you want to comment on Bell Football your option but when you make comment on someones character that you are completely clueless about that is not being a man its being a coward!

No one is attacking his character, they're attacking his baggage. His former school forfeited 18 games in a 2-year span under his watch. Whether or not he knew anything is one thing, he SHOULD have known. That's the bigger problem in my opinion. If his name is still in the mix with the Bell County position, he must have killed the interview process because his resume has a very large stain on it.
I would tend to think that a hiring committee would consist of Principal, Ad, parent of player, booster member , alumni or businessman (that knew the game of football). Not just a principal and his buddy that knows nothing of the game, with an AD . None of the three know anything of the game. That has been most of the problem. With what has happened with these guys, I am not sure they know anything about hiring process at all. I have heard that two members have offered to two different guys at the same time.
And the drama goes on....Confusednicker: what a mess this has turned into. At this point I dont think they'll get a coach bye the time schools out
There are still a lot of schools lookin for coaches right now, not just Bell.
It's still just January.
I probably wouldn't want mcpeek if I was bell county either. Not because of the recruiting violations the only thing that was done differently than most top tier programs was use of school funds. The thing that bothers me most was that a player was allowed to repeat his junior year. Now I'm not saying the he did those things but where there is smoke there is fire. Best case Scenario is he was naive and negligent. Worst case scenario is the he is a flat out cheater. Neither is deserving of a job as good a bell county. Duncum would have been the best choice imho. He has won with little or no support before. Which is nowhere near the situation in bell county.
admin can you please shut this thread. It's a jealous rage up in here
4ThePlayerz Wrote:admin can you please shut this thread. It's a jealous rage up in here

No do not close this thread. You are right about the rage but it's rage because our program is being destroyed by political reasons. This program has been elite for many years and it's being taken from the people of Bell Co. Destroyed if no change happens. They took away a whole staff who our boys and parents were happy with who knew the program. Then you have no back up to replace them? The people need to know what's been done. Why do you think nobody will take this mess you've made? Your dang right we have rage! At this point there may be only one way to redeem yourselves to the tribe of 4 who are shutting it down. Bring Mills and staff back.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I probably wouldn't want mcpeek if I was bell county either. Not because of the recruiting violations the only thing that was done differently than most top tier programs was use of school funds. The thing that bothers me most was that a player was allowed to repeat his junior year. Now I'm not saying the he did those things but where there is smoke there is fire. Best case Scenario is he was naive and negligent. Worst case scenario is the he is a flat out cheater. Neither is deserving of a job as good a bell county. Duncum would have been the best choice imho. He has won with little or no support before. Which is nowhere near the situation in bell county.

If he is naive and negligent, then more than you probably ever will want to know are as well.

When Guidance Counselors (in charge of actual enrollment and class placement), AD's (in charge of grade checks and KHSAA eligibility in terms of moving) among others TELL head coaches that kids are good to go, guess what? Head coaches trust THEM in doing their jobs just as those ADMIN and others trust the HC and his staff to handle their duties.

Fact.
Running Back Wrote:No do not close this thread. You are right about the rage but it's rage because our program is being destroyed by political reasons. This program has been elite for many years and it's being taken from the people of Bell Co. Destroyed if no change happens. They took away a whole staff who our boys and parents were happy with who knew the program. Then you have no back up to replace them? The people need to know what's been done. Why do you think nobody will take this mess you've made? Your dang right we have rage! At this point there may be only one way to redeem yourselves to the tribe of 4 who are shutting it down. Bring Mills and staff back.

All that needs to be said. As the kids say drop the mic and walk away.
Wildcat18 Wrote:No one is attacking his character, they're attacking his baggage. His former school forfeited 18 games in a 2-year span under his watch. Whether or not he knew anything is one thing, he SHOULD have known. That's the bigger problem in my opinion. If his name is still in the mix with the Bell County position, he must have killed the interview process because his resume has a very large stain on it.

Ironic that this is such an issue for Coach McPeek when Sir Dudley himself had to forfeit a number of games in '91 for the exact same reason, playing an ineligible athlete.

Not saying either position is the wrong one. Just noting the irony.
I have heard Nate has been offered the job. Heard some other schools in the mix to get him but not sure.