Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Football1 Wrote:Most schools have several vol coaches. I'm sure Bell has a load of ex players and the like that would stand in line to help the program regardless of who head coaches.

Not just anybody can go into the weight room and work the kids out. They have to have certification.
Cardinals ride Wrote:Not just anybody can go into the weight room and work the kids out. They have to have certification.

If you mean teaching certificate, yes. If you mean strength certificate, false.
I believe you need to be hired as a an official coach and have undergone a background check conducted for every school official who works with kids. I don't think you need to be a certified teacher... Probably up to each school district ..
I say give it to 64sur he's the only one willing to take the job.
Get your whistle ready pal.
Yeah, after all today is his birthday!! What a great gift.
A couple of noteworthy developments the last few days. First the pizzaman is trying to convince people he had nothing to do with the coaching search which we all know is BS, must be thinking of future political campaigns. 2nd McPeek is trying to hold off a descion a few days, is our committee not smart enough to know he is stalling because he is trying to pin down other jobs he had rather have? 3rd it appears the next option is a coach that lost to Mboro last year, that of course was mboro' only win.
So, Duncum is completely out of the mix?
bcpc Wrote:So, Duncum is completely out of the mix?

Duncum pulled his name out.
If he wanted too he may get back in. Seems like everyone else has had at least 2 times on the radar.
whoever gets it I hope for his sake and the kids sake they give him some help and I am sorry if your feelings get hurt but he doesn't need bubba from bubbas gas station. They need to get real coaches not some guy that coached the little league baseball team to the state games. Sorry if you are mad but that aint even close to coaching high school football.
I would think at this time they would be happy as hell to get JB
Finis Wrote:If he wanted too he may get back in. Seems like everyone else has had at least 2 times on the radar.

I was told that Duncum and Frazier was given the runaround so bad that both told them not to call them back.
I'll take the job if I can hire Demarcus.
Finis Wrote:A couple of noteworthy developments the last few days. First the pizzaman is trying to convince people he had nothing to do with the coaching search which we all know is BS, must be thinking of future political campaigns. 2nd McPeek is trying to hold off a descion a few days, is our committee not smart enough to know he is stalling because he is trying to pin down other jobs he had rather have? 3rd it appears the next option is a coach that lost to Mboro last year, that of course was mboro' only win.

I don't think we need to take shot at middlesboro in order to prove that JB is not a home run hire. His resume speaks to that. You can watch his teams and see he's no guru. However he is really good guy who kids think very highly of. IMO a good hire for us at this point.
Bell County would be Lucky to get JB.... With that being said I don't see him leaving Harlan
Why not pay Dud enough to come back?
BasketballManiac Wrote:Why not pay Dud enough to come back?

good question Smile
Trashtalker Wrote:Bell County would be Lucky to get JB.... With that being said I don't see him leaving Harlan

I agree. why would he leave a school where there is no pressure he can have years where we wins 2 games and it's ok then he can have Years where he wins 8 and it's still ok haha no one gets excited either way. Expectations way too high for realistic outcomes at bell.
insideinfo Wrote:I would think at this time they would be happy as hell to get JB

I agree!! Heck at this point anyone is an improvement. It amazes me at what a HUGE miscalculation this hiring group has made. This was a great job 10 years ago. It is not a good job at all now. They have no clue about any of those factors. No connection to any football. Not even at their own school.
To put a staff together Duncum is the only option. If he will take it!
BasketballManiac Wrote:Why not pay Dud enough to come back?

Because it would take a lot? Taylor has deeper pockets than anyone on here probably realizes. And, if he just makes the playoffs every year, he'll be considered a great coach. Bell has slightly loftier expectations.

However, I think one thing that no one really thought about is the fact that he isn't viewed in the same light, outside of eastern Kentucky. I mean, he's come under some heat last season for things that he probably did while at Bell. It's just no one over there would turn him in. The opposing coaches, fans and boosters don't care who he is. He has absolutely no pull in central Kentucky.

I think that could be a big factor in what Dudley would choose to do. Although, I still maintain that he won't leave Taylor. Because he's making too much money with very low expectations. They don't have State Final requirements. Heck, reach a regional final once in a decade and you'll be a god.
Hearing Andrew Roark name again......
No disrespect intended because he was a great coach but Dudley was not the easiest person for the administration to get along with. Sime were glad he left. Take that for what it is but he is not wanted back here by them for that reason. At this point I'm thinking Duncum is the only one who is capable of keeping boys in place so they won't want. To pack up and move. Better turn ship and try again in that direction.
I have been away for a while because of this political nonsense. To my understanding this is what has happened. Woolum first choice by Brock and offered 1st, has turned the job down a record 6 times since the beginning. Next offered was Frazier and he was to bring a local head coach to be DC and the principal called the guy and wanted to know if he was interested in the job. The coach calls Frazier and ask if he turned it down because they ask him, Frazier bails immediately. Duncum accepts the job and is waiting for call from principal for announcement and principal never calls back, then tells Duncum that they are looking at McPeek again, because of Brock brings him back in picture. Several other coaches have been ask. I think we can all see why there is no Coach at Bell County. This is what my source says is a brief description of what has taken place. Trust issues, I have said it from the beginning.
What makes Woolum stand out enough to be offered 6 times? He was 3-7 last year I believe. What had he accomplished prior?
Need to ask John Brock, he was the one that calls him.
I agree Dud is getting paid alot and doesnt have the expectations, but Id fire the SI and Princ and give him the money and let him live up to those expectations. With that being said I think everyone around knows the talent isnt thier like it used to be, so his expectations would be a tad lower than usual.
WhyLie Wrote:I have been away for a while because of this political nonsense. To my understanding this is what has happened. Woolum first choice by Brock and offered 1st, has turned the job down a record 6 times since the beginning. Next offered was Frazier and he was to bring a local head coach to be DC and the principal called the guy and wanted to know if he was interested in the job. The coach calls Frazier and ask if he turned it down because they ask him, Frazier bails immediately. Duncum accepts the job and is waiting for call from principal for announcement and principal never calls back, then tells Duncum that they are looking at McPeek again, because of Brock brings him back in picture. Several other coaches have been ask. I think we can all see why there is no Coach at Bell County. This is what my source says is a brief description of what has taken place. Trust issues, I have said it from the beginning.

IF this is true WOW.....any idea who the DC was?
Not saying that is 100% true but I have heard that in similar version from some people that would know. The asst coach that was called after his name was brought up was Donahue.
I need to say McPeek was offered once before also. The order of offers is unclear, except Woolum. I have also heard different people have offered the job to different coaches, at the same time. Not sure how that worked. We do not have a coach. McPeek ask for extra time, now that he is considering for the second time. Turned it down earlier. Say what you want about Jeff Saylor, he would have gotten this done. He did the last time.