Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County Coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
russellpride Wrote:He coaches offensive line at a 6a school in 6a school in GA which plays very good competition. I think you need to apply maybe you can coach. You guys kill me with the way you treat people.

I want to apply for free pizza.
russellpride Wrote:He hasn't applied for bunch of Kentucky jobs just a few. If he has to stay in GA he will, his wife is very unhappy being 7 hours away from home.

Tell us what a few is too you? 3,5,9 or what? If not for resigning things would have been worse from KHSAA.
Finis Wrote:JB glad to see you made a re-appearance. McPeek is not the answer at Bell county on many fronts. 1. Too many problems with KHSAA (of course he knew don't kid yourself) 2. He will have ZERO help, he knows nobody in this area and nobody will be beating down the doors to help coach with a guy that has been down this path. 3. The people that are bringing him in are short timers.

So the committee goes down when the ship sinks in November?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I don't know if that's fair.

I don't know many head coaches out there that question their AD, Principal, Super, Guidance Counselors, etc when they say all is good to go on a kid (s).

They trust them to be honest in their jobs as they are expected to be honest and doing the right thing in theirs.

It's like the whole Pitino deal. I get him not knowing. I played football all through college. There were things our head coach and coaches knew, and then there were things they had no clue about.

Come on man are you serious you are going to say Pitino didn't know???? I cant stop laughing, the head coach knows everything that is going on and if he doesn't he shouldn't be allowed to run a little league team much less a high school or college. You all need to get a grip DUDE IS DIRTY and that is the bottom line and again if he didn't know then he is not very smart and that is as nice as I can say it!!!
Finis Wrote:JB glad to see you made a re-appearance. McPeek is not the answer at Bell county on many fronts. 1. Too many problems with KHSAA (of course he knew don't kid yourself) 2. He will have ZERO help, he knows nobody in this area and nobody will be beating down the doors to help coach with a guy that has been down this path. 3. The people that are bringing him in are short timers.

You are classless
William Muney Wrote:Tell us what a few is too you? 3,5,9 or what? If not for resigning things would have been worse from KHSAA.

Lol nope your wrong read the report if you can read
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Come on man are you serious you are going to say Pitino didn't know???? I cant stop laughing, the head coach knows everything that is going on and if he doesn't he shouldn't be allowed to run a little league team much less a high school or college. You all need to get a grip DUDE IS DIRTY and that is the bottom line and again if he didn't know then he is not very smart and that is as nice as I can say it!!!

Dude explain dirty? How the hell can a guy be dirty by ineligible player? Even if he knew why risk it with a kid that didn't play much? You haven't read the report
Nothing is free, especially with these guys. Time for them to go. ALL of them. I just heard there is a new guy in the mix. I can not wait for this to get out.
russellpride Wrote:Who cares he's terrible

You criticize anyone who speaks negatively about Mcpeek, yet you call Duncum terrible. You don't even know the man. I'm tired of listening to your garbage. You're a punk and Mcpeek is a cheater. I despise Bell, but I do respect them. They don't need his baggage and I highly doubt he's anymore of a players coach than Duncum or have the football IQ of Duncum.
Say tomorrow if the system did make a hire. I wonder how many of the formers apply for assistants position. Let that sink in. If any former(s) are here weigh in on this statement
English please? What is a former?
WhyLie Wrote:English please? What is a former?

Maybe you should take to a English dictionary. Quote what a "former" is when you do. I'll be here
I would assume he means former assistants.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You criticize anyone who speaks negatively about Mcpeek, yet you call Duncum terrible. You don't even know the man. I'm tired of listening to your garbage. You're a punk and Mcpeek is a cheater. I despise Bell, but I do respect them. They don't need his baggage and I highly doubt he's anymore of a players coach than Duncum or have the football IQ of Duncum.

Its not garbage but I was joking about duncum take a joke I don't know him I'm sure fine man and coach. Just gets old I've known Nate for over 20 years and he's solid. Did he caught up in winning too much I think he did and mr. Musick is piece of trash to throw him under bus. He can coach and has been Coaching at a great school with several d1 players. I just think it's been long enough and as a person that knows him I do get upset when garbage is said by people that only read Google. He did outstanding job at Boyd county, Fairview, and now Tucker HS. Has great references but yet people continue to hold crap against him that honestly can happen to any coach. When are people going to get over it? Are people that petty? Miserable with their lives? Kids get hurt when people that can coach aren't leading kids. Sorry just felt I needed to explain myself.
[quote=goBIGblue82]I would assume he means former assistants

Good educated guess.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Come on man are you serious you are going to say Pitino didn't know???? I cant stop laughing, the head coach knows everything that is going on and if he doesn't he shouldn't be allowed to run a little league team much less a high school or college. You all need to get a grip DUDE IS DIRTY and that is the bottom line and again if he didn't know then he is not very smart and that is as nice as I can say it!!!

Laugh all you want.

I love your insight. You speak a lot of truth. But, I can promise you that the head coaches don't know all.

Did you play college ball?
Ok, if I were to guess only two will return. The freshman and JV coaches. Are you trying to blame coaches for the problem?
russellpride Wrote:Its not garbage but I was joking about duncum take a joke I don't know him I'm sure fine man and coach. Just gets old I've known Nate for over 20 years and he's solid. Did he caught up in winning too much I think he did and mr. Musick is piece of trash to throw him under bus. He can coach and has been Coaching at a great school with several d1 players. I just think it's been long enough and as a person that knows him I do get upset when garbage is said by people that only read Google. He did outstanding job at Boyd county, Fairview, and now Tucker HS. Has great references but yet people continue to hold crap against him that honestly can happen to any coach. When are people going to get over it? Are people that petty? Miserable with their lives? Kids get hurt when people that can coach aren't leading kids. Sorry just felt I needed to explain myself.

I think they're both quality candidates that would bring a winning mentality to Bell County. I just took exception with your hypocrisy. I understand you taking up for Mcpeek and I understand he is a quality coach. But, then you turned around and did the same to Duncum when you took offense to people talking about Mcpeek. I went overboard calling him a cheater, but just as you I don't like to see people talk about my friends when they don't even know them. I wish everyone involved in this situation the best and it's almost to the point I feel bad for Bell. ALMOST...
Hoskins will not be hired, Frazier is off to Whitley, and Yankey will not coach anymore.
[quote=WhyLie]Ok, if I were to guess only two will return. The freshman and JV coaches. Are you trying to blame coaches for the problem?[/QUOTE

Where in any of my post have I mentioned a blame on a coach.......zero.......none .......notta.
I just guess I really did not understand the point you are trying to make on that one post. Sorry

Hoskins may be leaving as well.
The point is not blaming any coach for what happened......u know sh@! happens. But don't come here putting down the process and then try and be part of it (program) later
Process has been pathetic. Don't kid yourself.
Running Back Wrote:Process has been pathetic. Don't kid yourself.

I could not agree more. But with that said. The power that be. Is greater than the committee.
pjdoug Wrote:Which Pepsi man? and what does he have to do with Bell County? talking out your @ss as usual.

Let me explain it good for you sense you don't understand this.

Pepsi Cola from Corbin, you know, the factory that is there that distributes all over the area, you know from Corbin.

Well Greg Duncum works and lives in Corbin, you know the place where Pepsi Cola is.

Are you following so far.

Well the Pepsi guy who delivers pop to my work told me about Duncum.

You know since both are from Corbin and since Pepsi people are pretty influential in Corbin and usually know a lot.

So know do you understand.

Oh wait, it has to do with Bell Co too since the Pepsi guy said a guy from Corbin, you know the Duncum guy took the job.
[quote=4ThePlayerz]The point is not blaming any coach for what happened......u know sh@! happens. But don't come here putting down the process and then try and be part of it (program) later[/QUOTE

This process and those involved are clueless. I will stand by that. i will continue to be a Bobcat. I will do whatever it takes to make sure this type process never happens in our system again. That is one thing you can count on. One more board race and you will see what I am talking about.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:I could not agree more. But with that said. The power that be. Is greater than the committee.

Stop ttrying to blame the hiring process on the super. Gambrel, Brock and Lefevers. We will not forget this hiring process. The super for the firing, 3 Amigos for the hire.
[quote=4ThePlayerz]So the committee goes down when the ship sinks in November?[/QUOTE
All will go down after the board race.
I am an outside person. I hear about the blunders daily. Good to have friends in higher places than Bell Co