Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Belfry Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
we know what there losing, and whos coming back,and know there will probally be some freshman coming in that will help this teams nxt yr,but does anyone have any clue to who there playing besides there district games and Harlan County and I guess JC?
I'd love to see them play Bell. That would be an intense match up.
Hey'll get to BG, and lose to Central in heart-braking fashion, the end.
I would love to know the schedule also.
I know Belfry went to the state championship game..
But truly, they are choke artist.

And if they do play Harlan Co...
Count that as an automatic L on the season.
Offense Returners: (5)

QB: 6 Sani Warren 6' 170 (Sr)
RB: 7 Trenity Carr 5'10 190 (Sr)
FB: 5 Austin Hatfield 5'9 210 (Jr)
RB: 28 Justin Johnson 5'7 175 (Sr) (unclear if he will be cleared to play)
WR:
TE:
T:
G:
C: 55 Macky Francis 5'11 300 (Jr)
G:
T:

OTHER EXPERIENCED RETURNERS:

4 Keaton Taylor - RB/WR/QB 5'9 135 (Jr); 1 Devontae Dari - RB 5'11 160 (Sr); 64 Joe Duty - OT 5'11 220 (Sr); 73 Zach Lester - OG 5'8 225 (Sr);

Defensvie Returners: (6)

DE: 5 Austin Hatfield 5'9 210 (Jr)
DT: 8 Hayden Hatfield 5'11 155 (Sr)
NG: 71 Michael Barnes 6'4 345 (Sr)
DT: 64 Joey Duty 5'11 220 (Sr) 5'11 220
DE:
LB:
LB:
CB:
CB: 6 Sani Warren 6'0 170 (Sr)
FS: 2 Cameron Johnson 5'11 170 (Sr)
SS:

16 Richard Nelson - DT 6'1 190 (Sr); 30 Zach Thompson - DL 5'7 161 (Sr); 18 Timmy May - DE 5'10 165 (Sr) *(started several games);
Ballers Wrote:I know Belfry went to the state championship game..
But truly, they are choke artist.

And if they do play Harlan Co...
Count that as an automatic L on the season.

I'm gonna have fun with you on this one Tiny Baller.....ain't nothin automatic pal....so would you say Harlan are choke artist to....or have they ever made it to the big stage....or are you sayin you guys shocked against Cooper .......Garland is good but So is Belfry....will be a great game for both sides.....since you obviously don't know football...i will be looking forward to hearing you play in the band for harlan.......TongueirateSho
Ok spell check got me....shocked=chocked........garland=harlan.....
Great year
Could a few of the upcoming FROSH contribute on varsity next season?

I have only seen a couple of games on IHIGH, but I would like to see RayQuan Horton get a shot at ILB.
Belfry are poised to make a run for a few more years. For the people that say Belfry are choke artists. At least they are playing on the final day of the football season.
Pay To Play about a month ago i was told that Belfry was needing one more game. Harlan County is going to be on the schedule. Ashland no contract was signed then but both programs have agreed to play. Belfry was needing one more game. But that was as of a month ago.
Lineman at Belfry are pretty easy to find but this group will be tough to replace. I think we can put together a pretty good line but probably not one to touch this one. Offensively, I'm excited for 2013. When your skill position two-deep depth chart returns four guys who can play HB (Carr/Johnson/Taylor/Dari) only graduating one, your QB returns, two guys who can play FB (Carr/Hatfield), two who can play receiver (Taylor/Johnson), it can set up to be a pretty good year offensively. Also, coming from the Belfry Middle squad is 6'5 tight end Cole Bentley (Brother Morgan was a 3 year starter at TE) who has won a ton of awards and is currently playing for a Team KY FBU National team.

Defensively, your defensive line returns 5/6 men in the two deep. Though 3/4 of the linebackers are gone, Hatfield returns and Timmy May started several games there last year. 2/4 of the secondary goes as well but Taylor, Dari, TJ Dotson, and freshman Cameron Catron (also starting safety for the FBU National team) can all go after those spots.

Another kid I'm looking for a good offseason from is #3 Xondre Willis. Goes a little small, but fast and a good back and could add to the already DEEP offense, allowing breaks for the starters. I listed a couple of middle school kids above, normally a team as talented as Belfry wouldn't start freshman but this group went 18-0 this year at BMS and won the KYMSFA state title and had 5 all state players. Austin Hall is a long athletic kid with a mean streak who could see playing time with hard work.

Final good note about 2013, Belfry is getting BMS kicker Austin Woolum who went 5/5 XP's in the MS State Title game (One of those XPs from the 15) and also nailed a 30 yard field goal.
Good info Belfry0304. It will take time for the offensive line to mesh next year. On defense we will have to work in some new guys on the backside of the defense.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Ok spell check got me....shocked=chocked........garland=harlan.....

Looks like you know your stuff.

:Shaking:
It took time this year, as well. Love to see Austin Gibbs get a tackle spot. 6'4 and will only be a sophomore next year. Huge kid. Drew Mullins is another option at about 6'2. I would almost certainly pencil in Zach Lester for a guard spot as he played a ton this year. As for defense, I think we have the players in place to get in that secondary. Linebackers are what worry me the most.
Who's on the schedule for the PCB? I heard it was suppose to be Montgomery County but heard they backed out and that it was going to be Somerset. Anyone know for sure?
Linebacker/DE will be a trouble spot for sure. Have to expect A. Hatfield to hold down 1 spot. Timmy May probably has the inside track at one of the OLB/DE spots. Then the following are in the mix IMO:

#30 Zack Thompson (Sr) 5'7 161
#56 Josh Murphy (Jr) 5'8 196
#38 Dakota Stanley (Jr) 5'8 189

Beyond ^ guys, maybe Matt Varney will consider using Hayden Hatfield at DE since he has Richard Nelson he could plug in at DT. If anyone knows who else might fit at those positions, I would appreciate the info. These 4 slots will definately be critically important in determining what kind of success Belfry has next year.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Offense Returners: (5)

QB: 6 Sani Warren 6' 170 (Sr)
RB: 7 Trenity Carr 5'10 190 (Sr)
FB: 5 Austin Hatfield 5'9 210 (Jr)
RB: 28 Justin Johnson 5'7 175 (Sr) (unclear if he will be cleared to play)
WR:
TE:
T:
G:
C: 55 Macky Francis 5'11 300 (Jr)
G:
T:

4 Keaton Taylor - RB/WR/QB 5'9 135 (Jr); 1 Devontae Dari - RB 5'11 160 (Sr); 64 Joe Duty - OT 5'11 220 (Sr); 73 Zach Lester - OG 5'8 225 (Sr);

Defensvie Returners: (6)

DE: 5 Austin Hatfield 5'9 210 (Jr)
DT: 8 Hayden Hatfield 5'11 155 (Sr)
NG: 71 Michael Barnes 6'4 345 (Sr)
DT: 64 Joey Duty 5'11 220 (Sr) 5'11 220
DE:
LB:
LB:
CB:
CB: 6 Sani Warren 6'0 170 (Sr)
FS: 2 Cameron Johnson 5'11 170 (Sr)
SS:

16 Richard Nelson - DT 6'1 190 (Sr); 30 Zach Thompson - DL 5'7 161 (Sr); 18 Timmy May - DE 5'10 165 (Sr) *(started several games);
Coach Haywood always finds new young men to step up and then him and his staff mold them into great players. I was just talking to one of the (SR) linemen and we where talking about the 2013 players. Heres what we where figuring, WR-Johnson, TE-Duty, G-Lester, G-Ferral, T-Gibbs. Now for the defence, Hatfield moves to LB, DE-Thomson, DE-May, LB-Murphy, CB- we have a young man coming up as a freshmen but should be a sophmore. Coach Haywood has also started dipping into the youth groups and turning them into big teams and there coaches are turning those young boys into play makers. I know the 6th grade had around 55 players. From the 3rd to the 8th we are starting to pick up big numbers of kids. These kids all will be steping up to the plate. I also heard we dropped Ashland, Prestonsburg, Henry Clay, and Pikeville.
I have NO idea why Belfry would drop Ashland. Hope that isn't true. Good post though man.
I would love to see an annual game between Bell and Belfry begin next year. The Harlan game next will should be a good one. I personally think Coach Haywood should give Ironton a call and try to get them back on the schedule.
pirateforlife Wrote:Who's on the schedule for the PCB? I heard it was suppose to be Montgomery County but heard they backed out and that it was going to be Somerset. Anyone know for sure?

What week is the PCB? Harlan County is playing in the Roy Kidd bowl in week 1 and I think Belfry is week 2 or 3.
Heard talk of a possible game with Wayne, WV next season. The source wasn't very reliable but I figured I'd share here to see if anyone had heard anything like that and if its true?
Don't think belfry will play bell in regular season. There is always that chance these two teams will meet in the state finals. There is a good crop of freshmen coming in and as always Haywood and his coaching staff will find a place to use them and fill the voids left by the seniors leaving. Future looks good for the Belfry football program. Is it August yet?
IronMan86 Wrote:Heard talk of a possible game with Wayne, WV next season. The source wasn't very reliable but I figured I'd share here to see if anyone had heard anything like that and if its true?
I am from Louisa KY but I have family in Wayne WV. If this is true then you got a quality opponent. This is a powerhouse program from WV. They win a championship about every 2 or 3 years and they just won one this season. I might be wrong but I think they were back to back this year.
I did hear that Ironton was signed as a team we play. I know we used to play them back in the 80's. They always would set the pace for the rest of the season. I do know the last 2yrs Haywood has made a big effort to stick his hands in on the youth football program. From the 3rd to the 8th these kids and coaches are running and practicing everything that the high school is doing. I would say this will make a big differance in them when they make it to the high school level. If everything work out the incoming kids will already have a heads up and will be able to fall right in place. Coach Haywood also dont let just anyone coach the youth groups anymore, I think 90% of them are x-players witch is a big help. I also know back when these 3rd & 4th teams and the 5th & 6th teams played in the county touraments they would end up with 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. Tough group of kids coming along. In these groups they have 4 team each, so that give the 8th grade and the high school 4 QB, 4RB, 4 HB, 4 of every position to look at and to choose from. Belfry is going to get nothing but get better every year.
Steve Mickey is over the youth leagues now so that's a very good thing. As for the line if I had to pick right now it'd be Gibbs, Lester, Francis, Mullins, Duty. I think you can find a tight end easier than a lineman. Defensively I can't get my thoughts together just yet. Still kind of heartbroken to be losing Ghormley and Mullins.
wow that's going be a lot of seniors will be losing next yr that will be starters,and belfry0304 I would have thought u would know all who they will be playing next yr..
Do not see anyone getting in the way of Belfry making it to BG in 2013, or at least to the semi-finals.
From what I know, we have the district games and four more scheduled. Pike Central, Sheldon Clark, and Lawrence County. Then, you have Harlan County, Johnson Central, the Pike County Bowl (which I've heard is Somerset or Henry Clay?) and a school from Ohio who I don't have a name for. But that's just what I've heard...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19