Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Belfry Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
PaytoPlay Wrote:When is spring practice? It is very early, but is anyone in particular turning heads with offseason progression?

Two or three times a week they are working out before school and working out after school....They seem to be focusing on the line, yes they will be young but i assure you they will be ready come kickoff time........I see the improvement firsthand...it's gonna be a tough season but i see a trophy back in pond creek this year....I would love to see Taylor put on about ten or fifteen pounds of muscle and get in the backfield with Carr and Hatfield with of course Sani behind center....but I'm not sayin this because mine has a chance to see some playin time on the line but they are gonna be good, young but good....
Keaton plays baseball right? He certainly could use to fill out his frame, as he will be expected to be a playmaker.

I think the line will be ok. Glad to hear they are working hard.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Keaton plays baseball right? He certainly could use to fill out his frame, as he will be expected to be a playmaker.

I think the line will be ok. Glad to hear they are working hard.

Yes he is a baseball player....
Kickoff is 6 months away, but between now and then you have spring practice, summer workouts, and then two-a-days are just about 5 months so it's really not that far off.
I am so excited to get to play the, in my opinion, the most successful mountain team in the past several years. I have GREAT respect for Belfry. We welcome you!!!!!
^ The respect is mutual. I hope to make the drive to that game. Would love to see that stadium in person.
When is spring practice? Will anyone be able to watch and keep the thread updated?
I hope kids like Dakota Stanley, Zach Thompson, and Hayden Hatfield are taking this offseason seriously and working as hard as they can. They may very well be called upon to play in the middle 4 this upcoming season.

Any kid for Belfry who thinks they will ultimately play DE or LB should be VERY motivated right now because those spots are wide open. I know a kid like Carr could play DE or LB if called upon but Haywood has been trending toward playing more kids one way.

There are several kids like Richard Nelson, Stanley, Thompson, etc - who can play with their hand down at DT. SOMEONE will have to decide they are gonna be able to play standing up.

Harlan County will run the ball down our throat if we don't come up with a personel package in the middle 4 of defense. I hope that group of players doesn't have to also be be guys we so desperately count on to move the ball on offense, but at this point who knows.
Quiet in this thread.
I will really miss having Belfry on our schedule this year. Best of luck to you guys.
Had a chance to talk to a coach for Miami Trace (OH - DIV III) and he showed a little respect for Gallia Academy. Not that much though as most of the schools from the Central part of the state seem to kinda look down on the SE OH schools. Probably for historically legit reasons - outside of Ironton's past success.

Nevertheless, Gallia won a game in the OH Division III playoffs. That has to be respected by anyone's measure. I have been completely unable to see what kind of team they have coming back next season tho.

KAC however was VERY impressive on video. You can google KAC v. Milan 2013 and watch thier state title game. The good news is - KAC seemingly graduated around 16-22 starters. Yet even though that made me feel a bit better, I got the impression their underclassmen bide their time.
IMO Knoxville will pass alot....I wasn't impressed.....But BELFRY is gonna be fine and back in .BG once again....We have guys that bide their time also.....Our Pirates have been working their butts off this offseason....Alot of people have doubts but you are the most Successful Coach in the State because you know how to assemble a staff and make young kids better so you can win football games.....yes there are some holes to fill but they will be filled with young men who want to carry on the BELFRY tradition and willing to give it all they got....
I heard rumor that Belfry has (Pulaski) Southwestern on the schedule now. Anyone know if theres any truth to this?
That is true, week 3, Pulaski Southwestern.

That should fill out the schedule but there is a slight chance we may still have to find one more game late in the season.
Another solid opponent. Is the game home or away?
Who "might" they have replace? Only late non-district games I see are week CAK (week 7) and Johnson Central (week 10). I sure hope there isn't a chance we lose the JC game.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Another solid opponent. Is the game home or away?
Away
Buc-a-roo Wrote:That is true, week 3, Pulaski Southwestern.

That should fill out the schedule but there is a slight chance we may still have to find one more game late in the season.

I like it a lot.

Not only be another quality opponent who should be able to match Belfry from the physical standpoint, maybe it opens the line of communication so the middle school's can start playing each other regularly.
Pumped for Southwestern! Worth noting IF that series goes on for 4 years, BMS and Southern Pulaski middle school were BY FAR the 2 best teams this year, and there was a HUGE debate on who was better, perhaps we'll see! Incoming freshman Cole Bentley (Belfry) and Floyd Fannin (SW) shared the field for the Eastbay All American MS Game this past year, maybe they will both be on the field come week 3.

What a brutal schedule for BHS. Best one in a while, maybe ever? Some of you guys older than me can let me know about that
Buc-a-roo Wrote:That is true, week 3, Pulaski Southwestern.

What game might we lose? Please elaborate
I was looking at Southwestern's schedule from last year and they don't look too impressive. Hope they've gotten better. Is this where Southern Pulaski's middle school team goes to high school? Didn't know if they transferred to Pulaski County or Somerset for high school.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/sou...hedule.htm

Above it their schedule from the previous year. They were 3-7.
They had a down year last season but IIRC the season before they made the semis. Historically, they have a nice team.
JC pulled out so we had to pick up Southwestern.
How come Belfry and Johnson Central couldn't agree on this matchup for next year?
Not exactly, 99. The Southwestern game is week 3, to replace the void left when East Ridge and Ashland fell off the schedule.

That has nothing to do with Johnson Central and whether or not they will be on the schedule. If JC chooses not to renew our contract then that will leave us with an open date in week 10.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Not exactly, 99. The Southwestern game is week 3, to replace the void left when East Ridge and Ashland fell off the schedule.

That has nothing to do with Johnson Central and whether or not they will be on the schedule. If JC chooses not to renew our contract then that will leave us with an open date in week 10.

thats crazy for JC not to renew..
Matney wanted to change the game to the 3rd game of the season and Coach said no Matney wanted us early you tell me why.
You would have to ask Matney that question, 99. I have no idea what his thought process is.

You said JC pulled out and we had to get Southwestern, which seemed to indicate that we had a contract with JC for that week and they dropped it. That isn't the case at all. Our long standing contract with JC is for week 11 and 2013 should be at Belfry. JC has not yet returned the signed contract but as of right now they haven't dropped the game. Rumor says Matney wants Belfry to come to JC for 2013 and is threatening to drop the game if we don't agree. Let's hope he doesn't keep that threat because scheduling is hard enough without having to scramble for games at this late date.
You can't blame Matney for asking to move the game to week 3 if that move would benefit his team. Likewise, you can't blame coach for saying no if he thinks it is in the best interests of Belfry.

Hopefully whatever feelings are hurt can mend and the two fellas can keep the series going. It has been a great series.
PaytoPlay Wrote:You can't blame Matney for asking to move the game to week 3 if that move would benefit his team. Likewise, you can't blame coach for saying no if he thinks it is in the best interests of Belfry.

Hopefully whatever feelings are hurt can mend and the two fellas can keep the series going. It has been a great series.

i think it only helps both teams when they have it the last game,so u can really see where ur at and what u need to improve before the playoffs,having it week 3 gives u false hopes...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19