Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Belfry Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I have never seen Scroggins coach,but his record speaks for itself.By the way I know every single player on the team and we have no Wva boys. You are confusing us with Fairview.

Oh yeah that's right.....i meant Ohio boys...........TongueirateSho
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I have never seen Scroggins coach,but his record speaks for itself.By the way I know every single player on the team and we have no Wva boys. You are confusing us with Fairview.

His record speaks for itself? Would you consider Louisville Central a good program? Just wondering here...
Pirate1991#8;1605177[B Wrote:[B]][[B]B]I assure you ft Thomas is not a better3A school..[/B[B]]..please show your proof on that[/B[/B][/B][/B]]....also remember that we had a few of our key players on the sideline last year...if you guys played us on JC date you would've lost.....and as for the 22 west Virginia players....your funny :Thumbs::Thumbs:because i know you got huntington players....lol....and no I'm not a move in...i was on the last team that won in putnum...that was when you guys made Juan Thomas a God and I pushed him all over the field. The film don't lie.and no you didn't beat us with a freshman......you faked cramps to slow down our offense....when you guys were tired:Thumbs:

I do think Belfry is a good football team, but to think you would be beating the 4A champs when you cannot win the 3A title. I am not going to quarrel with you, but give credit where credit is due. Not just state champs this year, but how many in a row? Think before you write. If FTH was in 3A they would be more dominant, if that is possible. Better yet, schedule them and see in person how good they are.
Well what I was saying is that FTH is not a 3A school....But I will say this...if FTH was 3A they would have a harder time with Belfry And Central than they do with Ashland or JC.....Why? Because its simple Belfry and Central have playoff expierience beyond the second round....and look back historically belfry has played with FTH...and blew them out my Senior yr....So the Awnser your Question Honest Johnny Boy.....I have seen how good they are cause I've played them.......How bout FTH schedule Louisville Central and see how close they stay.....IMO the Top Five teams in 4A is Weaker than the Top FIVE IN 3A....
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Well what I was saying is that FTH is not a 3A school....But I will say this...if FTH was 3A they would have a harder time with Belfry And Central than they do with Ashland or JC.....Why? Because its simple Belfry and Central have playoff expierience beyond the second round....and look back historically belfry has played with FTH...and blew them out my Senior yr....So the Awnser your Question Honest Johnny Boy.....I have seen how good they are cause I've played them.......How bout FTH schedule Louisville Central and see how close they stay.....IMO the Top Five teams in 4A is Weaker than the Top FIVE IN 3A....

You need to grow up. I know better than to argue with a pubescent kid, but here goes an attempt anyway. The last time Rockcastle Co played Highlands we beat them 45-6 (I believe that is right) in the final four of the state playoffs. That has nothing to do with the teams that have won so many consecutive titles, and I sure don't think Rockcastle Co is better than Highlands. If you think Belfry is equal to Highlands the past 10 years, then you are living in your own little WV loving world. I don't particularly like HHS, but I do respect them. They have built a dynasty and it may continue the way 4A looks. Truth is, Belfry's path to the title game in recent years has been weak until you play Bell, and you barely beat them the years you did win. I would go further and say Belfry has benefited more from the last realignment that any team I can think of in any class. I don't mean to mouth Belfry, I respect what they have done, but they are not even on the same level as Highlands---maybe the same level as Bell Co. Honest John Boy is signing off.

P.S. Good luck in that Harlan Co game, I have a feeling your going to need it.
You just showed your ignorance of the game....we haven't played Bell in recent years....and come on Rockcastle is garbage....Belfrybis on the same level as Highlands because we have a coach that watches film religously and knows how to play his team with talent and speed....And Harlan is gonna be a great matchup....we don't need luck we got heart....And I'm not a kid i assure you I a full grown man and I welcome your argument any day...
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:You just showed your ignorance of the game....we haven't played Bell in recent years....and come on Rockcastle is garbage....Belfrybis on the same level as Highlands because we have a coach that watches film religously and knows how to play his team with talent and speed....And Harlan is gonna be a great matchup....we don't need luck we got heart....And I'm not a kid i assure you I a full grown man and I welcome your argument any day...

I guess he is the only coach that watches film. LOL
HAT51 Wrote:I guess he is the only coach that watches film. LOL
No his staff watches also.....My point is that you have the most wins in the state because you know how to watch film.....
First off, argument aside as I have done plenty of times on this board, Pirate1991#8 is not a boy. Obviously he graduated in, yes you guessed it, 1991. Jeez, I wish as many people as I've seen talk shit to you would fight you Whitey.

Secondly, drive by the Belfry complex and you'll understand what he means by watch film. I recognize that all coaches watch film, but aside from Sunday Mornings during Church it's rare that you won't see Coach's Tacoma at the complex. It is literally incredible, I have seen it there at 7am, I have seen it there at 11pm. I've seen it there in August, I've seen it there in March. Coach Haywood is constantly watching film, of anyone. His film room and selection is incredible as well. He has every Belfry game since 1983 in a closet, a RIDICULOUS number of games that he's scouted, and just random games he watches to learn. I actually watched film with him one time, and he will give you a headache. Replays the same play for 20 minutes and I'm not exaggerating... he's a student of the game even 362 wins.
Belfry0304 Wrote:First off, argument aside as I have done plenty of times on this board, Pirate1991#8 is not a boy. Obviously he graduated in, yes you guessed it, 1991. Jeez, I wish as many people as I've seen talk shit to you would fight you Whitey.

Secondly, drive by the Belfry complex and you'll understand what he means by watch film. I recognize that all coaches watch film, but aside from Sunday Mornings during Church it's rare that you won't see Coach's Tacoma at the complex. It is literally incredible, I have seen it there at 7am, I have seen it there at 11pm. I've seen it there in August, I've seen it there in March. Coach Haywood is constantly watching film, of anyone. His film room and selection is incredible as well. He has every Belfry game since 1983 in a closet, a RIDICULOUS number of games that he's scouted, and just random games he watches to learn. I actually watched film with him one time, and he will give you a headache. Replays the same play for 20 minutes and I'm not exaggerating... he's a student of the game even 362 wins.

Thats just ridiculous. Just because 2 people disagree on something means they should fight?
As much as I get a kick out of the smack talk, I wish this thread focused more on the progress of the Pirate offseason, players, etc.

At least it is heading toward May. Smile
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:You just showed your ignorance of the game....we haven't played Bell in recent years....and come on Rockcastle is garbage....Belfrybis on the same level as Highlands because we have a coach that watches film religously and knows how to play his team with talent and speed....And Harlan is gonna be a great matchup....we don't need luck we got heart....And I'm not a kid i assure you I a full grown man and I welcome your argument any day...

I meant until you play Bell Co's side of the state playoff bracket--you know the hard side. I understand Belfry did not have anything to do with setting up the bracket, but the path to BG sure is easier from their side. I guess I see your point though, with the film watching and stuff, I guess Belfry is better than Highlands and dominating title run of who knows how many before it ends. You need to get out of the hills and watch other teams a little bit. You may be king of the holler, but there are many other mountains you can't see from your house and one of them is in Harlan Co.
Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to Belfry football. I should have never let myself get sucked in to a situation like this with an overzealous hometown fan. I respect Belfry football and I will say they are one of the best teams in 3A year in and year out. I should have never got on a Belfry site and mouthed the home team. Sorry to everybody associated with the team, which I doubt includes anybody I was talking to anyway. I actually have kinfolk in Pike Co and I know they live and breathe their sports. Good luck in 2013.
HonestJohn Wrote:I meant until you play Bell Co's side of the state playoff bracket--you know the hard side. I understand Belfry did not have anything to do with setting up the bracket, but the path to BG sure is easier from their side. I guess I see your point though, with the film watching and stuff, I guess Belfry is better than Highlands and dominating title run of who knows how many before it ends. You need to get out of the hills and watch other teams a little bit. You may be king of the holler, but there are many other mountains you can't see from your house and one of them is in Harlan Co.

Well as of right now, Belfry is no doubt the elite program in Eastern Kentucky. Yes, Bell and Harlan are very good programs, but Belfry is heads and shoulders above everyone else right now. Furthermore, Highlands recruits the elite talent in the greater Cincy area. While Belfry relies on local talent, year in and year out. So before you try to make any comparisons, you may need to think about this. The majority of the kids that play for Highlands arent even originally from Fort Thomas. My point is winning with local talent is more rewarding than winning with everyone elses talent.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Well as of right now, Belfry is no doubt the elite program in Eastern Kentucky. Yes, Bell and Harlan are very good programs, but Belfry is heads and shoulders above everyone else right now. Furthermore, Highlands recruits the elite talent in the greater Cincy area. While Belfry relies on local talent, year in and year out. So before you try to make any comparisons, you may need to think about this. The majority of the kids that play for Highlands arent even originally from Fort Thomas. My point is winning with local talent is more rewarding than winning with everyone elses talent.

You do NOT know what you are talking about with regard to Highlands. Highlands has NO out of state students on the team. It would make no sense for a student to cross the river given th quality of the football programs in the Greater Cinncinati League. All of the starters from 2011 and2012 were residents of Ft Thomas and most of them are the sons of people I graduated from Highlands with in 1984. The "Highlands recruits" whine is so tiring. Please provide names of indiviuals on the teams that were from Ohio, recruited, or not residents of Ft Thomas or the directly bordering cities in Campbell County. :lame:

Highlands versus Bellfry
1966 HHS 40 Belfry 7
1968 HHS 48 Belfry 0
1979 HHS 8 Belfry 14
1989 HHS 21 Belfry 14 (overtime)
1990 HHS 7 Belfry 38

Overall, Belfry has a better record than most Kentucky schools against Highlands but:

Highlands overall
842 wins, 225 lossed, and 26 ties since 1915 (second in nation in total wins)
57 consecutive winning seasons
13 undefeated seasons
22 state titles

Highlands since 2007
87 wins and 3 losses (2 losses to Ohio schools and 1 to a Kentucky school)
6 consecutive state titles (4 in 5A playing up a class over enrollment and 2 in 4A as one the schools with the smallest enrollment in this class)

I guess you can provide the Belfry numbers that show equivalency. Do not get me wrong, Belfry has a strong tradition in football and good teams but maybe you are overstating things a bit...

Highlands success is due to more than coaching and includes strong community support, an extremely strong grade school football program, and a tradition that drives young men in the community to want to follow in their father's and grandfather's footsteps and win a state title. (No, it is not recruiting from Ohio or Krypton or anywhere else.)

Data from here:

http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/history
Frozenbird Wrote:You do NOT know what you are talking about with regard to Highlands. Highlands has NO out of state students on the team. It would make no sense for a student to cross the river given th quality of the football programs in the Greater Cinncinati League. All of the starters from 2011 and2012 were residents of Ft Thomas and most of them are the sons of people I graduated from Highlands with in 1984. The "Highlands recruits" whine is so tiring. Please provide names of indiviuals on the teams that were from Ohio, recruited, or not residents of Ft Thomas or the directly bordering cities in Campbell County. :lame:

Who said anything about any players being from Ohio. If I am not mistaken there are seven counties in Kentucky, including Campbell County, that are a part of the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area. You are right, It would make no sense for a student to cross the river, given the the quality of football in Cincinnati, but it does make sense to recruit students in the NKY area, where there are only a handful of schools who have a legit shot at a state title on a regular basis.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Who said anything about any players being from Ohio. If I am not mistaken there are seven counties in Kentucky, including Campbell County, that are a part of the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area. You are right, It would make no sense for a student to cross the river, given the the quality of football in Cincinnati, but it does make sense to recruit students in the NKY area, where there are only a handful of schools who have a legit shot at a state title on a regular basis.

Forgive my misinterpretation of your comment. However, please provide the names of said recruited players, especially any from outside of Campbell County or the communities directly bordering Ft Thomas. All of the starting players on the recent teams have lived in Ft Thomas all their lives, attending grade school there. Again, many of these student's fathers, uncles, and grandfathers also attended Highlands. People always claim recruiting but never offer any evidence.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Thats just ridiculous. Just because 2 people disagree on something means they should fight?

No, sir, not what I meant. I meant that if these people who do come on here and say stuff like they do would actually back it up, then we'd be in a better place. Instead we live in "crap talk" world and no one would ACTUALLY back it up... especially after they saw the guy. Didn't mean they SHOULD brawl ... not that I wouldn't mind watching.
Don't worry, Frozenbird, we have players from WV ... ya know, guys that their dad played at Williamson and even though they've went to Belfry feeder schools since 2nd grade they're "from West Virginia" ... We know the feeling!

Oh, and as far as the "hard side" of the bracket goes, 2011 & 2012 Belfry combined loses by 7 points, 2011 & 2012 Bell loses by a combined 30. If you'd like to makes the Wales point in 2011, we'll point out the Taeshawn Gibbs didn't play against Bell this year.

TRIVIA QUESTION: Who on Central's schedule held them to the lowest point total in 2012? Here's a hint, it wasn't one of the SEVEN 6A schools.
Frozenbird Wrote:Highlands versus Bellfry
1966 HHS 40 Belfry 7
1968 HHS 48 Belfry 0
1979 HHS 8 Belfry 14
1989 HHS 21 Belfry 14 (overtime)
1990 HHS 7 Belfry 38

Overall, Belfry has a better record than most Kentucky schools against Highlands but:

Highlands overall
842 wins, 225 lossed, and 26 ties since 1915 (second in nation in total wins)
57 consecutive winning seasons
13 undefeated seasons
22 state titles

Highlands since 2007
87 wins and 3 losses (2 losses to Ohio schools and 1 to a Kentucky school)
6 consecutive state titles (4 in 5A playing up a class over enrollment and 2 in 4A as one the schools with the smallest enrollment in this class)

I guess you can provide the Belfry numbers that show equivalency. Do not get me wrong, Belfry has a strong tradition in football and good teams but maybe you are overstating things a bit...

Highlands success is due to more than coaching and includes strong community support, an extremely strong grade school football program, and a tradition that drives young men in the community to want to follow in their father's and grandfather's footsteps and win a state title. (No, it is not recruiting from Ohio or Krypton or anywhere else.)

Data from here:

http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/history

You said the same thing i said....our young men are just like yours....following tradition....My point was we are on the same level as FTH...I say it again the Top five teams in 3A is stronger than the Top Five in 4A.......
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I say it again the Top five teams in 3A is stronger than the Top Five in 4A.......

So you are saying the top 5 schools in 3A would beat Highlands and Covington Catholic? I sort of doubt that. :eyeroll: Maybe next realignment Highlands will be down in 3A, depending upon enrollment numbers, and we shall see.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Don't worry, Frozenbird, we have players from WV ... ya know, guys that their dad played at Williamson and even though they've went to Belfry feeder schools since 2nd grade they're "from West Virginia" ... We know the feeling!

Yeah, those "recruitment discussions" on these forums sort of get tiring after a while. The success of the program never has anything to do with the quality of the program, hard work of the boys and the coaches, etc but rather the mythical recruits from distant lands who are never identified.
Frozenbird Wrote:So you are saying the top 5 schools in 3A would beat Highlands and Covington Catholic? I sort of doubt that. :eyeroll: Maybe next realignment Highlands will be down in 3A, depending upon enrollment numbers, and we shall see.

Not all of the top Five...But you won't blow out Central or BELFRY like you guys do everyone else in 4A....IF you win at all..I hope you guys do go down to 3A....Cause they Prolly will put you in the west with Central and you will never see Bowling Green...and Bell can come to the East where they belong in the first place...
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Not all of the top Five...But you won't blow out Central or BELFRY like you guys do everyone else in 4A....IF you win at all..I hope you guys do go down to 3A....Cause they Prolly will put you in the west with Central and you will never see Bowling Green...and Bell can come to the East where they belong in the first place...

I like neither Highlands or Belfry and I'm going to estimate Belfry being able to beat Highlands about 1 out of 8 years. Anyone who thinks differently is nuts.
johnnyd Wrote:I like neither Highlands or Belfry and I'm going to estimate Belfry being able to beat Highlands about 1 out of 8 years. Anyone who thinks differently is nuts.

Well dude I think your ESTIMATE and you are Nuts....
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Well dude I think your ESTIMATE and you are Nuts....

Look you guys cant beat Central and most years they aren't on the same level as Highlands. It's a much different animal. You can think what you want and support your team but in the last few years Belfry wouldn't have beat Highlands. Which Belfry team would have beat the teams with Collinsworth and Towles on them? None.
Yikes... my comments:

1. Ft. Thomas is in select company in this state..specifically over past decade. There are only 3 KY teams in the National discussion and Highlands is one of them. They are a Top 3 team year in year out regardless of class. Belfry is a Top 15 team... there really is no comparison IMHO.

Ft. Thomas >>>> 4A
Ft. Thomas>>>>> 3A

2. Belfry is the premier mountain football team over the past decade and to be honest it ain't even close. 2 State Titles (in the old 4 class system at that), 4 Runner-Ups, Semi-Finals EVERY season except one.

Bell has had a couple teams that were better than Belfry, but 7/10 years I would take Belfry including the past two.

For all the talk of how much "tougher" Bell's path is.. it loses merit in the fact that noone is beating Central either. In addition, with the exception of the past two seasons (and this upcoming one) the West really hasn't been the Juggernaut region.. Breathitt County, Russell, Mason County, Somerset,and even Sheldon Clark made a stronger Semi-State..realignment two years ago changed that but Belfry has played the hand they were dealt, and STILL did their thing.

3. Recruiting talk is old... very old.

If you guys saw the stuff that goes on in Georgia with High School Football you would laugh at the recruiting allegations.

Heck... people always want to bash Highlands... that program is angelic in comparison to some of the shady things schools across the river from them are doing.
So can we talk about the team now? perhaps the defense or the offensive line.
when is spring practice?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19