Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Belfry Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
That news Cardinals ride delivered really make the Week 10 annual matchup even more exciting! Makes me wonder why if he was going to transfer he'd go there. Seems like he wouldn't want to deal with Highlands, I surely wouldn't.

I wonder if there's any college buzz going on for Sani Warren or Mike Barnes? Sani has grown into a good sized QB, and still adding weight. He's up to about 6'2 180 I would imagine.
Belfry0304 Wrote:That news Cardinals ride delivered really make the Week 10 annual matchup even more exciting! Makes me wonder why if he was going to transfer he'd go there. Seems like he wouldn't want to deal with Highlands, I surely wouldn't.

I wonder if there's any college buzz going on for Sani Warren or Mike Barnes? Sani has grown into a good sized QB, and still adding weight. He's up to about 6'2 180 I would imagine.

I can see Sani playin at the next level because he has the work ethic and heart to make it....as for Barnes he has the size for the next level but he has to work harder and have some heart to compete at the college level....
If those kids aren't getting some real interest now, they probably aren't going to get an offer from a D-1 program. Hopefully they both have excellent seasons and end up somewhere like EKU.
^ Barnes size has to make colleges at least a little interested. You just wonder if he is on the radar. So much depends on going to showcases/combines/camps, not necessarily how you play on the field on Friday nights.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Barnes size has to make colleges at least a little interested. You just wonder if he is on the radar. So much depends on going to showcases/combines/camps, not necessarily how you play on the field on Friday nights.

that right there has almost everything to do with it, right on..
Are all of the kids going to be participating in speed camp, or just the skill guys?
Will let you know, PTP.

Baseball is officially over. Some of the guys were already discussing field work tomorrow. This is a STRONG Belfry team that you have to be excited about... 3 MONTHS UNTIL THE PIKE COUNTY BOWL!!!
Saw a pic of Trenity Carr floating around Facebook yesterday. Kid is an absolute monster, up to 220 LB's and almost all muscle. Said he was running a 4.6 40 (Although we all know to take that with a grain of salt) and was working hard to hit a 4.5 by the end of Summer.

Considering his improvement between his Soph and Junior seasons... and seeing how monstrous he is now... it would not surprise me to see Trenity absolutely explode this year on the field and become one of the top backs in the State.

If the line can mesh..there is no denying that a backfield with the Tasmanian Devil Hatfield at FB, Carr as the feature back toting the rock the majority of carries, and Johnson using his quickness and agility as the secondary home run guy gives me goosebumps.

Throw in Sani's ability to tuck it he showed in the playoffs, and Taylor as the wildcard to throw a wrinkle and force teams to gameplan.... well...basically if the OL can create the whole this may be the most potent backfield in the State of KY.

If I am a new O-lineman..or in the Front 7 on defense..I have to be busting my butt right now knowing that the skill positions are beyond ready and that it is my role that will determine my team's success.
Since I love stats and havent really posted in 4 months..to expound on my last post:

Here is the production of the skill guys returning from last season, rushing and receiving combined:

Carr: 162 Touches, 1314 yards, 14 TD
8.1 yards per touch, TD every 11.6 Touches

Hatfield: 100 touches, 840 yards, 7 TD
8.4 yards per touch, TD every 14.3 touches

Johnson: 67 Touches, 1012 yards, 16 TD
15.1 yards per touch, a TD every 4.2 Touches (<-- both simply mind numbing stats)

Taylor: 51 Touches, 572 yards, 9 TD
11.2 yards per touch, a TD every 5.7 touches

Sani (does not include passing): 48 touches, 332 yards, 7 TD
6.9 yards per touch, TD every 6.9 touches

Combined:
428 Touches, 4070 yards, 53 TD's...

28.5 touches per game, 271.3 yards per game, 3.5 TD's per game

9.5 yards per touch, TD every 8.1 touches

Once again.. simply deadly skill returning... come on OL and Front 7!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Since I love stats and havent really posted in 4 months..to expound on my last post:

Here is the production of the skill guys returning from last season, rushing and receiving combined:

Carr: 162 Touches, 1314 yards, 14 TD
8.1 yards per touch, TD every 11.6 Touches

Hatfield: 100 touches, 840 yards, 7 TD
8.4 yards per touch, TD every 14.3 touches

Johnson: 67 Touches, 1012 yards, 16 TD
15.1 yards per touch, a TD every 4.2 Touches (<-- both simply mind numbing stats)

Taylor: 51 Touches, 572 yards, 9 TD
11.2 yards per touch, a TD every 5.7 touches

Sani (does not include passing): 48 touches, 332 yards, 7 TD
6.9 yards per touch, TD every 6.9 touches

Combined:
428 Touches, 4070 yards, 53 TD's...

28.5 touches per game, 271.3 yards per game, 3.5 TD's per game

9.5 yards per touch, TD every 8.1 touches

Once again.. simply deadly skill returning... come on OL and Front 7!

Just beautiful isn't it? According to our stats via the KHSAA, everyone who carried the ball in 2012 EXCEPT Robinson returns in 2013. Don't forget EKUAlum05, X Willis and Davontae Dari are also going to be ball carrying options.

And you know, even if Trenity isn't running a 4.6 and only a 4.7 or 4.8... he's still 220 and benching 390 so at any rate not an easy task to tackle him no matter what speed he is moving at!
I also look for Carr to have a very good season. I think the offense will purr. Even if few young lineman step up and become productive, Haywood will be able to put 5 guys across the front who are pretty solid. 55, 73, along with Duty and Barnes (if ya had to play them on offense) would only leave one spot to fill. I personally feel there will be some guys step up and allow Barnes to play nose only and maybe even not require Duty to play both sides.

I still find myself spending most of my time wondering where they turn at LB/DE
PaytoPlay Wrote:I also look for Carr to have a very good season. I think the offense will purr. Even if few young lineman step up and become productive, Haywood will be able to put 5 guys across the front who are pretty solid. 55, 73, along with Duty and Barnes (if ya had to play them on offense) would only leave one spot to fill. I personally feel there will be some guys step up and allow Barnes to play nose only and maybe even not require Duty to play both sides.

I think that if it was my guess, I'd put Joey Duty at LB with Austin Hatfield, Dakota Stanley at the other DE and wing it at the 4th. Perhaps they could use Trenity at DE only at certain situations (certain downs and distances) leaving Hayden, Nelson, Barnes, and the others at DT.
^ I tend to agree with Hatfield & Stanley at this point. I agree with you that Duty could work at LB, but who knows if Haywood will go that direction. If Duty stays on the DL, I think Stanley might play ILB as opposed to DE.

I think they staff would prefer not to have to, but you have to think Carr would be a great option at DE if need be. (only drawback is lack of experience)
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ I tend to agree with Hatfield & Stanley at this point. I agree with you that Duty could work at LB, but who knows if Haywood will go that direction. If Duty stays on the DL, I think Stanley might play ILB as opposed to DE.

I think they staff would prefer not to have to, but you have to think Carr would be a great option at DE if need be. (only drawback is lack of experience)

Coming off of a knee injury, I'd just rather not risk it.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I also look for Carr to have a very good season. I think the offense will purr. Even if few young lineman step up and become productive, Haywood will be able to put 5 guys across the front who are pretty solid. 55, 73, along with Duty and Barnes (if ya had to play them on offense) would only leave one spot to fill. I personally feel there will be some guys step up and allow Barnes to play nose only and maybe even not require Duty to play both sides.

I DOUBT you see Barnes on both sides of the ball...One..he don't have the stamina, and two i don't think he knows the blocking schemes but i could be wrong....Duty IMO is your tight end.....I really feel in my heart Timmy May comes back to play your the DE....Me personally i would put Hayden Hatfield at the other DE and put Austin Hatfield and Dakota Stanley at you LB...but remember your gonna have to have a 3rd linebacker cause #5 is gonna get winded at times......Cody Bostic and Nate singer can play that position....
^ Hope May comes back, but if he is going to do so, he should start putting in the work with his teammates now. I have been a big fan of Hayden at DE but a few people have said they don't see it happening. The kid runs a sub 12 100 meter.

Nate Sanger is a kid I know nothing about but he seemed to have the right size. Just young.

Lots of questions but that is what makes it so exciting.
Is there organized weight training going on at this time?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Is there organized weight training going on at this time?

Not sure about organized but the boys who want it bad are at it and have been for months. By the looks of things on social networks, Ethan Stanley is trying to put some work in and make a run at a starting position. He's a big kid that was a solid lineman in middle school. Potentially, Belfry could have a big line this year. While Zack Lester and Macky Francis are your average run of the mill guys other candidates to start are Barnes (6'3, 325), Austin Gibbs (6'3, 260), Drew Mullins (6'2, 245), and Ethan Stanley (6'4, 240) which doesn't always mean good but it's nice to have some big men on the front line. Those are mostly guessing on their weights hope I don't insult any of the guys, haha.

I would say with so many spots wide open the first month or two of lineman practice will be absolute warfare. Guys will beat the crap out of each other vying for those starting spots, and honestly will make each other a lot better in doing so.
Is Belfry still stuck with only 9 games? Below is the schedule for next year as of now and it only has 9 games on it.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bel...hedule.htm
pirateforlife00 Wrote:Is Belfry still stuck with only 9 games? Below is the schedule for next year as of now and it only has 9 games on it.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bel...hedule.htm

Schedule set. Somerset, Harlan Co., Southwestern, Pikeville, SC, Gallia Academy, Knoxville Christian, Lawrence Co, PC, and JC...5 home 5 away.
Speed camp starts today right?
What is the date for the Knoxville Christian Academy game?

Think I may come up for that and make a weekend in Gatlinburg out of it.
I'm not sure but I was told that the game will be played on a Saturday during the early part of the day. Just what I've heard though.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What is the date for the Knoxville Christian Academy game?

Think I may come up for that and make a weekend in Gatlinburg out of it.

The dates on that and Gallia aren't posted yet. I have been told Friday and Saturday both on Knoxville so I have no idea.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The dates on that and Gallia aren't posted yet. I have been told Friday and Saturday both on Knoxville so I have no idea.

Going to be on Friday.
Anything happening in Belfry? Been a bit quiet.
I can't wait! It's going to be another great season!
I would to love watching this game belfry and Harlan co. 2 powerhouse teams in the mountains.:Thumbs:
Looks like belfry and jchs should just play each other home and home deal this year two make out a 10 game schedule
Belfry has a 10 game schedule.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19