Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Belfry Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
^ Belfry has a very nice 10 game schedule.

When does practice start? It seems like last year it was some time after the first of August. Can't wait until practice starts going and we see how they look.
eagles2011 Wrote:Looks like belfry and jchs should just play each other home and home deal this year two make out a 10 game schedule

where it is again for those who didnt see it a page or so back.........
Schedule set. Somerset, Harlan Co., Southwestern, Pikeville, SC, Gallia Academy, Knoxville Christian, Lawrence Co, PC, and JC...5 home 5 away.
Practice, I'm fairly certain starts July 22nd.. full pads not until a few weeks.
Sorry it doesn't show the two out state teams on the khsaa . I guess that's what jchs is going have two do . Good luck this year, I always cheer for u guys unless u play my eagles.
LESS THAN A MONTH UNTIL PRACTICE.
Anybody pumped?
Belfry0304 Wrote:LESS THAN A MONTH UNTIL PRACTICE.
Anybody pumped?

Pumped, and can't wait!
Saw a few sweat drenched Pirates a few mornings ago. Good to see that hard work going in. Shout out to the ones I saw personally (and there were more out I just saw these) which were Macky Francis, Dakota Stanley, Ethan Stanley, Andrew Fletcher, and Nick Francis. As well as Cameron Catron.
Nice mix of older an younger guys there. Hopefully, many more are putting in work!
Davontae Dari's physically matured some this offseason, saw a photo of him a few days ago he's added some noticeable muscle.
Heard from a reliable source, that the Bucs have been hitting it hard during the off season! Doing what it takes to be a champion!
Practice is 3 weeks from today right? The competition for open spots should be fierce.
Are we looking forward to another Central vs. Belfry 3A state title game??
^ I would say that is the odds on bet. But Bourbon County, Mason Co. and others will have a lot to say about that in the East.

The West is even more open IMO. Central will get a real challenge from Wayne Co. and Paducah Tilgman (who is benefiting tremendously from Macracken Co. transfers)
Does Bourbon Co. return much from last years squad? The had some nice looking athletes, they just weren't prepared for the physicality that Belfry hit them with in the semi-finals. Once the pads started popping they seemed to pack it in.
^ I think they return nearly everyone, save Hopkins.

I wonder if Haywood will take a look at Frosh, Austin Hall at WR? I realize that probably isn't his projected position once he matures a bit, but I know he goes 6'3" ish and ran sub 12 seconds in the 100 meter in track. Could be an option out there as he looked pretty physical and would be a rangy perimeter blocker.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ I think they return nearly everyone, save Hopkins.

I wonder if Haywood will take a look at Frosh, Austin Hall at WR? I realize that probably isn't his projected position once he matures a bit, but I know he goes 6'3" ish and ran sub 12 seconds in the 100 meter in track. Could be an option out there as he looked pretty physical and would be a rangy perimeter blocker.

In a word, yes. His hands I'm not sure about, but he's big and physical and could be a decent blocker. Once he gets stronger he will be scary good.
With the whole backfield returning from last year, providing Johnson suits up this year. I would like to see Keaton Taylor at the wide receiver position. Taylor had speed to get behind secondary's and runs the bubble screen nicely. He's very dangerous In open space. Another year maturity should be another great weapon for the Bucs.
Agree Taylor is a great talent. I expect to see him get a lot of carries too though.
I know Belfrys freshman class is loaded. Does anyone know if the Horton kid could possibly see playing time?
^ I am also excited about this young man. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the rotation at DT. Assuming he can run good enough, LB would be the place I would take a look at him.
LB Is where I was assuming may be a good fit for him. I haven't really got to see him play other than on the Internet. Looked like a big athletic kid. Just wondering.
In my opinion, Horton would do a good job at linebacker. BUT... to benefit us most in the future unless he gets much quicker our best bet is to play Ray at DT. He is a freak at that position and I believe that's what could get him to the next level. He is probably as fast as Mullins.

I believe that Duty and Hatfield should be your linebackers.
Schedule is Complete and Posted:

Aug 30, 13 Somerset at Belfry/Pikeville 8:30 PM Community Trust Pike County Bowl
Sep 6, 13 Harlan County away 7:30 PM
Sep 13, 13 Southwestern away 8:00 PM
Sep 20, 13 Pikeville home 7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13 Sheldon Clark away 7:30 PM
Oct 4, 13 Gallia Academy, OH home 7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13 Christian Academy of Knoxville, TN away 7:30 PM
Oct 18, 13 Lawrence County home 7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13 Pike County Central away 7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13 Johnson Central home 7:30 PM

Everyone book your hotels for the 11th
I believe the sc game is at belfry. ^^
Belfry should be the favorite to make it back to Bowling Green from the East. I'm really looking forward to watching my Briar Jumpers take on the Pirates in the Pike County Bowl. Should be a lot of points scored in that one as I think both offenses will be ahead of the defenses at that point in the season.
IntheZone Wrote:I believe the sc game is at belfry. ^^

Nope, it was discussed earlier in this thread it'll be back at SCHS.
Practice in two weeks.
Does anyone know if Justin Johnson is going to play this year?
lunaticfringe Wrote:Does anyone know if Justin Johnson is going to play this year?

last i heard he was cleared to play and was going to play,but thats been while back...
I hope Justin can play and have a healthy season. If he can stay on the field and injury free, I think he could have an excellent year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19