Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Belfry Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
It has nothing to do with changing from week 10 to week 3. Matney wants the game to be played at JCHS again in 2013 and is refusing to play unless Belfry switches. This is typical Matney.
Why is he doing this? What does it matter where the game is played? Is there some kind of benefit his team would get from playing at home instead of at Belfry.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Matney wanted to change the game to the 3rd game of the season and Coach said no Matney wanted us early you tell me why.

It probably is somewhat true that Johnson Central would rather play week 3 but I think from what I've heard that Johnson Central has no problem keeping the game where it is but it would like the game switched to Johnson Central this year and then they would travel to Belfry the following year. This upcoming season Johnson Central would have to be on the road the last two games of the season to Putnam Stadium and at Cam. I was told that Coach Matney was tried to get this done for the past couple of seasons but he hasnt had any success in doing so.. From what I've heard from some Sheldon Clark fans Coach Haywood asked Coach Hager if he would do the same thing with their series. I really dont see what the problem is to switch the two games. Coach Haywood doesnt seem to want to do this with Johnson Central but yet he has no problem wanting Sheldon Clark to do this for him. I really hope this gets worked out because I always enjoy the JC vs Belfry game.
Away from football for a second, a HUGE congratulations to Belfry's #30 Zack Thompson. As well as being a great rotation d-line guy this past year, and a terrific wrestler, Zack got a 36 on his ACT recently which is just a tremendous accomplishment for a kid who puts so much time into athletics so we're all really proud of Zack who still has another year at Belfry and will see a lot of time on the defensive line!
Cowboy D You Belfry boys kill me. You whined and cried and cried some more when Paul Blazer dropped you. What is the series between us and Haywood now? Isnt it 21 wins to only 2 losses. Every time someone drops you, you claim they are scared. Heck even Raceland has a better record against us than you do. I have seen better defensive schemes from several class A schools than you guys have. You already know what everyone else knows you play against the weakest teams in the state with the easiest playoff route in the history of the state.If you do get to play J C kick their rears, they are EZ, not as easy as you but EZ !
Yes sir, you nailed it. What I love is that awful defensive scheme of ours! Man it sure is bad! We held Central to less points than St. Xavier, actually the fewest points they scored all year playing I believe it was SEVEN 6A schools.
I'll give you that we haven't had success against the Kittens, probably the only school we haven't, but we play the hand we're dealt yearly. Not our fault your boys can't beat the hand they are. We'll try to make it through our cupcake schedule this year against Harlan County and a defending Tennessee state champ... it's okay though, as our losses to Ashland 2/3 years have shown... those games in the regular season don't really matter.
Blazer is not by far the only school you have not had success against. My father has watched Ironton wear you out many times. Haywood is what maybe 1 and 12 against Ironton. However you sure do have an impressive record against Eastridge and Pike Central.
Can't wait till Seger see this.
Ashland has dominated the series.

Now back to the matter at hand, if JC is now so stubborn about having Ashland and Belfry staggered home/away, why is it only now becoming an issue? Isn't it great for JC on the home years?
Don Carlo Wrote:It probably is somewhat true that Johnson Central would rather play week 3 but I think from what I've heard that Johnson Central has no problem keeping the game where it is but it would like the game switched to Johnson Central this year and then they would travel to Belfry the following year. This upcoming season Johnson Central would have to be on the road the last two games of the season to Putnam Stadium and at Cam. I was told that Coach Matney was tried to get this done for the past couple of seasons but he hasnt had any success in doing so.. From what I've heard from some Sheldon Clark fans Coach Haywood asked Coach Hager if he would do the same thing with their series. I really dont see what the problem is to switch the two games. Coach Haywood doesnt seem to want to do this with Johnson Central but yet he has no problem wanting Sheldon Clark to do this for him. I really hope this gets worked out because I always enjoy the JC vs Belfry game.
It isn't that black and white.

Belfry agreed to travel to Southwestern 2 years in a row, 2013 and 2014 because it was best for both schools frankly. Belfry needed an away game in 13 and SW had to have a home game in 14 or they would only have had 3 I think. The only way we could do that is if we adjusted our home/away schedule a little. SC agreed to make that switch and they were gracious about it. It was a mutual decision and it worked.

Keep in mind that it has been a long hard battle to fill out our schedule after having 2 teams drop off in the latter months. Thinking the rest of the schedule was set in stone, we made the above changes and thought it was finally over and done with.

Then, in MARCH, after that is all complete, Matney calls with an ultimatum, either Belfry comes to JC in 2013 or JC is going to drop the game and find somebody else. Sooooo, Johnson Central has the contract and if they want to continue the series they can sign it. If not I guess both of us will be looking for another opponent.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Cowboy D You Belfry boys kill me. You whined and cried and cried some more when Paul Blazer dropped you. What is the series between us and Haywood now? Isnt it 21 wins to only 2 losses. Every time someone drops you, you claim they are scared. Heck even Raceland has a better record against us than you do. I have seen better defensive schemes from several class A schools than you guys have. You already know what everyone else knows you play against the weakest teams in the state with the easiest playoff route in the history of the state.If you do get to play J C kick their rears, they are EZ, not as easy as you but EZ !

Come on guys you can't blame Ashland for dropping us....Have you seen their middle school program..not alot of talent....Frankly I'm glad they dropped us because the competition wouldn't be as good for us....So TomCat pride don't hate because we might have what you think is softer teams...learn to beat Highlands oh wait that ain't never ggonna happen.....IMO you guys are bout to be the East Ridge and Pike Central of your Class...Well you kinda already are......:Thumbs:Confusedinglepar
Buc-a-roo Wrote:It isn't that black and white.

Belfry agreed to travel to Southwestern 2 years in a row, 2013 and 2014 because it was best for both schools frankly. Belfry needed an away game in 13 and SW had to have a home game in 14 or they would only have had 3 I think. The only way we could do that is if we adjusted our home/away schedule a little. SC agreed to make that switch and they were gracious about it. It was a mutual decision and it worked.

Keep in mind that it has been a long hard battle to fill out our schedule after having 2 teams drop off in the latter months. Thinking the rest of the schedule was set in stone, we made the above changes and thought it was finally over and done with.

Then, in MARCH, after that is all complete, Matney calls with an ultimatum, either Belfry comes to JC in 2013 or JC is going to drop the game and find somebody else. Sooooo, Johnson Central has the contract and if they want to continue the series they can sign it. If not I guess both of us will be looking for another opponent.
I think coach Matney feels like he may have been misled by his good friend coach Haywood. JC only had 4 home games and 9 total games. Matney has been working on this since last July with Haywood and others. Coach Haywood told him Belfry was in the same boat. Two weeks ago, Sheldon Clark calls Coach Matney wanting to switch the site of their game this year, to help their own schedule saying Belfry would have too many home games and would give them them a home game next year. The good news is this week Central finally got a 5th home game and may be able to keep Belfry. Everything is not always about Belfry. Schools have to do what is best for themselves. I guess to make a long story short Coach Matney has been trying for nine months to swap the game location with Belfry and then Coach Haywood calls Coach Hager at Sheldon Clark wanting him to do the same thing, fully aware that Coach Matney has been wanting to do this since before the school year started. So the question is why would Coach Haywood do this with Sheldon Clark and not Johnson Central? If the shoe was on the other foot Coach Haywood would be upset also.
First off Ft. Thomas is tough no doubt. However F T Highlands is and has been class 3A playing up. If they played in your league like they should, Belfry would be blown out every year,even with the 22 West Virginia players you have on your roster.As for our young Cats dont worry about us. We beat you this year starting a FRESHMAN tailback .As for people not wanting to play you ,maybe people get tired of you guys thinking you are special when your not. A PIRATE in ASHLAND told me one time it was usually not the people raised in Belfry who runs their mouths,it was usually the move ins . IDK
Tomcat Pride Wrote:First off Ft. Thomas is tough no doubt. However F T Highlands is and has been class 3A playing up. If they played in your league like they should, Belfry would be blown out every year,even with the 22 West Virginia players you have on your roster.As for our young Cats dont worry about us. We beat you this year starting a FRESHMAN tailback .As for people not wanting to play you ,maybe people get tired of you guys thinking you are special when your not. A PIRATE in ASHLAND told me one time it was usually not the people raised in Belfry who runs their mouths,it was usually the move ins . IDK

Were you even there bro? Baker got hurt in the first quarter. Malik Massey played halfback. Oh and in case you forgot Johnson and Hatfield were both out for Belfry, ask Breathitt, Bourbon, and Central ... and Johnson Central about Hatfield. They'll tell you good things! With that said, hush, I don't even think you went to the game this year bro! Quit talking shit. And that Ironton and Ashland dominance really has sucked, ya know, winning region in 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, and 12... and going to state in 03, 04, 07, 10, 11, and 12... we'll take that trade EVERY. DAMN. TIME. TongueirateSho
Yes Malik our 4th string tb came in after Baker got a freak injury making a block. Malik made you look silly trying to tackle him. Before he went to running back it was comical watching Malik get open deep behind your slow dbs. Heck your backs could not even catch our lineman on the 50 yard fumble refurn.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:First off Ft. Thomas is tough no doubt. However F T Highlands is and has been class 3A playing up. If they played in your league like they should, Belfry would be blown out every year,even with the 22 West Virginia players you have on your roster.As for our young Cats dont worry about us. We beat you this year starting a FRESHMAN tailback .As for people not wanting to play you ,maybe people get tired of you guys thinking you are special when your not. A PIRATE in ASHLAND told me one time it was usually not the people raised in Belfry who runs their mouths,it was usually the move ins . IDK

I assure you ft Thomas is not a better3A school....please show your proof on that....also remember that we had a few of our key players on the sideline last year...if you guys played us on JC date you would've lost.....and as for the 22 west Virginia players....your funny :Thumbs::Thumbs:because i know you got huntington players....lol....and no I'm not a move in...i was on the last team that won in putnum...that was when you guys made Juan Thomas a God and I pushed him all over the field. The film don't lie.and no you didn't beat us with a freshman......you faked cramps to slow down our offense....when you guys were tired:Thumbs:
For the record Fort Thomas has never blew Belfry out. As a matter of fact the last time Belfry played Highlands it was the other way around with Belfry dominating Highlands. Highlands is now in a different league of their own but TP is bringing a lot of history up that he has no idea about. TP can keep talking his talk, but after Ashland keeps getting beat in the first round of the playoffs, he knows where he can come watch a title run.
4th string TB my ass dude, Massey was the quickest player on the field and moved to HB because no one else could get a thing. Have you even watched football in the past 35 years? You're clueless, dude.
Will it be rough for them?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Away from football for a second, a HUGE congratulations to Belfry's #30 Zack Thompson. As well as being a great rotation d-line guy this past year, and a terrific wrestler, Zack got a 36 on his ACT recently which is just a tremendous accomplishment for a kid who puts so much time into athletics so we're all really proud of Zack who still has another year at Belfry and will see a lot of time on the defensive line!

his mom and dad are very smart as well.
Sorry for the interuption, a teacher confiscated my phone. This just shows you how much you know. Baker started the year our number 3 tb and Massey our number 4. I thought you Belfry people at least watched the news. Massey was switched to wr. We lost our starter and backup earlier in the season. By the way Juan Thomas went to the major leagues and where exactly did you go number 8. On the draw?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Sorry for the interuption, a teacher confiscated my phone. This just shows you how much you know. Baker started the year our number 3 tb and Massey our number 4. I thought you Belfry people at least watched the news. Massey was switched to wr. We lost our starter and backup earlier in the season. By the way Juan Thomas went to the major leagues and where exactly did you go number 8. On the draw?

No sir.....I decided to defend my country for the last 21 years...giving you the freedom to be an idiot.....so now we talkin baseball.....that's a different thread...good thing he could play baseball cause he didn't prove nothing to me on the field....
And to prove your facts are blown out of whack...he never made it to the majors.....only the minors....
Was anyone particularly impressive in spring practice? Anyone turning heads this offseason? Great news getting Johnson back. The more weapons the better.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Was anyone particularly impressive in spring practice? Anyone turning heads this offseason? Great news getting Johnson back. The more weapons the better.

I haven't heard much....i just hope JJ can play with the better teams we picked up....he is a good kid but he just hasn't stepped up in any big game.....IMO.....but he has been at the practices working with the boys and showing leadership......and the line will be ok.....
Buc-a-roo Wrote:You would have to ask Matney that question, 99. I have no idea what his thought process is.

You said JC pulled out and we had to getouthwestern, which seemed to indicate that we had a contract with JC for that week and they dropped it. That isn't the case at all. Our long standing contract with JC is for week 11 and 2013 should be at Belfry. JC has not yet returned the signed contract but as of right now they haven't dropped the game. Rumor says Matney wants Belfry to come to JC for 2013 and is threatening to drop the game if we don't agree. Let's hope he doesn't keep that threat because scheduling is hard enough without having to scramble for games at this late date.
I am just telling you what two of the coaches told me No JC next year i told what they said the reason was Matney wanted a different and earlier date.
For Pete's Sake!

So, because Coach Haywood doesn't want to change the arrangement which has been in place for years now, and agree to travel 2 years in a row when it is Johnson Central's turn to be away, both teams are just going to forgo a football game? That is bull****. I hope Matney feels good about letting his seniors go out with 9 games and losing their last against Belfry.
Hey Tomcat Pride, do you think Ty Scroggins is a good coach?
I have never seen Scroggins coach,but his record speaks for itself.By the way I know every single player on the team and we have no Wva boys. You are confusing us with Fairview.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19