Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Bell County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
On a serious note, who could really have a chance to take the job at Bell?
It looks as though Mills will not be it.
I'm personally thinking in house or out of state. I dont see Bell hiring a coach from a mountain school to be there next head coach.
I just hope Bell makes a good quick hire soon so that the Bell players wont have to go without a coach during winter weight training. There needs to be a move fast.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:On a serious note, who could really have a chance to take the job at Bell?
It looks as though Mills will not be it.
I'm personally thinking in house or out of state. I dont see Bell hiring a coach from a mountain school to be there next head coach.
I just hope Bell makes a good quick hire soon so that the Bell players wont have to go without a coach during winter weight training. There needs to be a move fast.

I think there next coach will be Fred Hoskins.i could be wrong,but i think that would be the safe move.
I don't think Hoskins will get the call. I agree it should be someone who understands the program and done quickly.
A-can someone give a brief run down on each of these names?
1)current job
2) current school
3)years as a coach (or at least young/old)
4) ties if any to Bell
B-what do you think Bell is looking for ?
1) ties to Bell?
2) head coaching success?
3) style of play
4) young coach or long track record
C-who will make the pick ?
1) central office
2) school administration
3) AD
4) committee from the community

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobb
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roark
Hensley
Matney
Holcomb
Greer
Crawford
DaBears Wrote:I think there next coach will be Fred Hoskins.i could be wrong,but i think that would be the safe move.

I think that would be a great move. The parents of Bell Co. could not ask for a better Coach to lead their youngmen in football and life. He has a great understanding of the game and what it takes to win. No matter who I faced he always made me believe we were going to win. We are lucky he is still around I know he has had plenty of chances to leave.
How about Larry French..? If you cant beat them join them!
DaBears Wrote:Well, your not Bell. and Mike Holcomb will retire from Breathitt Co.

Seriously? My post had nothing to do with you. Don't point your posts toward me.

I didn't say he was going to Bell, nor did I say Bell would even want him. I just think he would do an excellent job there.

I really hope you have better things to do than to follow my posts. Probably not, though.
Another person I believe to be a good person for the job would be Jim Black from Whitley County. He likes the same style of football that Bell is accustomed to, and he has been successful with two different schools. Black is a heck of a football coach and a good person. I don't know if he would move away from Whitley County, but he would be a good fit.
LivingTheDream Wrote:Seriously? My post had nothing to do with you. Don't point your posts toward me.

I didn't say he was going to Bell, nor did I say Bell would even want him. I just think he would do an excellent job there.

I really hope you have better things to do than to follow my posts. Probably not, though.

I really dont have anything better to. calm down i'm just pulling your chain a lil. im bored and snowed in.:igiveup::biggrin:
LivingTheDream Wrote:Another person I believe to be a good person for the job would be Jim Black from Whitley County. He likes the same style of football that Bell is accustomed to, and he has been successful with two different schools. Black is a heck of a football coach and a good person. I don't know if he would move away from Whitley County, but he would be a good fit.

I have to agree with you on that one.WOW!!! I cant believe i just said that,but all jokes aside.He is a good man and a good coach.He would be a good fit for there progrem.:Thumbs:
So much speculation. In the real world a Coach Mills can say he isn't going to people in Knox and have reason to change his mind if it is best for him to make the move in the end. Even though his heart has been in Knox for 7 years now remember his heart was in Bell for about a decade.
LivingTheDream Wrote:Another person I believe to be a good person for the job would be Jim Black from Whitley County. He likes the same style of football that Bell is accustomed to, and he has been successful with two different schools. Black is a heck of a football coach and a good person. I don't know if he would move away from Whitley County, but he would be a good fit.

The double wing is definitely not Bell County style. It is running the football but I am guessing to risky for Hilton. He coached the way it was supposed to be played. Run the ball. Play good defense. Punt when you are supposed to. Throw is now and again to keep them honest. Get them to play hard. Black is a good coach and guy, but his schemes are not the same style as Bell is accostomed to.
How about nelson ??LOL jk :Thumbs:

Aint happenin.
Coach Black will stay at Whitley where i expect him to coach for a couple more years before he retires. Hes got a lot of ties to the community of Williamsburg and wouldnt leave. His wife works directly under the mayor and hes close with all of the people and the Cumberlands as well.

Im sure ill be starting a thread asking who the next coach at Whitley will be in the next couple of years after Black retires, but hes about at the end of his career.

I have a pretty good idea who will be coming to Whitley once he leaves. That will be a conversation starter.:biggrin:
I was hearing Bobby Gibbs as the appointed replacement. Is that not what is going to happen at Whitely. Big mistake if it does not in my opinion.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Aint happenin.
Coach Black will stay at Whitley where i expect him to coach for a couple more years before he retires. Hes got a lot of ties to the community of Williamsburg and wouldnt leave. His wife works directly under the mayor and hes close with all of the people and the Cumberlands as well.

Im sure ill be starting a thread asking who the next coach at Whitley will be in the next couple of years after Black retires, but hes about at the end of his career.

I have a pretty good idea who will be coming to Whitley once he leaves. That will be a conversation starter.:biggrin:

I think Coach Black has 7 more years before he can retire.
Bell will need to be open to a whole new way of football. Coach Hilton did things his way and got success. The next guy will need to do things his way and make it be successful. He may run the spread and a 3 - 4 defense. He may continue the "smash mouth" run it style that has been the signature there. Or he may not. Whoever the coach is cannot be expected to replicate what Coach Hilton did.
How would the people of Bell Co. react if the next coach came in and threw it 25 times a game?
Yogibear Wrote:The double wing is definitely not Bell County style. It is running the football but I am guessing to risky for Hilton. He coached the way it was supposed to be played. Run the ball. Play good defense. Punt when you are supposed to. Throw is now and again to keep them honest. Get them to play hard. Black is a good coach and guy, but his schemes are not the same style as Bell is accostomed to.

Well the offense isn't the same, but, as far as smash-mouth football is concerned, Black and Hilton are on the same page. It wouldn't feel right if Bell Co. came out with an option attack.

Black is just one of my favorite coaches on this side of the state. He's a class act, and will put his team up against anyone. If you take a look at his schedule the past couple seasons, he likes to bang with the big boys, and he could be more successful at that at Bell Co.
Jackson05 Wrote:How would the people of Bell Co. react if the next coach came in and threw it 25 times a game?

I don't think the key is the style of play in which the new coach will favor, but how he stacks up in the wins and losses column. Winning heals all wounds, and as long as the new coach competes for state titles, all will be well.
Winning overpowers everything in BC. I believe most Bell fans want to see a Bell boy of some sort get the chance. Mills or Frazier sound like good fills. They both have head positions already, but who wouldn't want this job? Well, Hilton did leave big shoes to fill.
Given what he has established at Knox and the teams he's likely to have for the next few years, I'm not so sure that Mills should make the move to Bell.

Frazier, however, might be a different matter, particularly since his Middlesboro program was recently placed in the same AA district with Danville, Lexington Christian and Somerset.
being a bell fan and former player i am not sure if i want a coach hilton clone (playing style) or even someone from his coaching line. i think it time to change the play style of the team. to be honest the success of bell county had less to do with the playing scheme of the team (especially offensively) and more to do with the motivation of team to win by coach hilton, his staff as well as playing with good fundamentals. while it has worked for coach hilton having a new coach come in and try to copy the play style or have a former assistant bring in his version of the play style while familiar may not be the best for bell.

while i think that coach hilton has done an amazing job and i am proud to say that was able to play for him i think it is time for Bell to make from the coach hilton play style. i would love to see them bring in a new coach that has a more modern play style. both the offense and defense playing styles are basically evolved from the 80's. sure there is more to them now but fundamentally they are the same.
Hagar
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobb
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcomb
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappell
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout

Three more out. Just don't see it. Chaney hunts two much and has it made in MS. Crawford to many other things going on and Hoskins and Woolum are the only assistant that have a chance.
Sometimes being an assistant means just that, you are an assistant. You don't always do what you want, but rather what you are told. Undeniably, these boys learned something valuable from their time on Log Mt. Frazier proved that he is not scared of the pass. However I agree that Mills plays a traditional Bell style game.
When I think of Bell football.....I think of Dudley Hilton............This past wednesday was one of the saddest day of my life.......especially to here him say that his leaving was an over nite thing.....But we as a community shall survive his present here.......SO COME ON ADMIN LETS NOT JUST SETTLE FOR A COACH......LETS BRING THE BEST THERE IS AVAILABLE TO US..........WE DESERVE NOTHING BUT THE BEST.......:redboxer:
Does Jared Lorenzen have a teaching degree? :biggrin:
What about that coch allen from Southwestern who is helping carter part time as a para professional at Jackson. He was the D coordinator on the that staff that beat Bell for the 2000 District Championship and ended Boyle's 52 home game winning streak in 2006.........
footballfever Wrote:I think Coach Black has 7 more years before he can retire.

Retire from coaching, not teaching.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Does Jared Lorenzen have a teaching degree? :biggrin:

I know it seems like a far stretch, but how crazy would that be?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29