Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Bell County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Gummie Bear Wrote:Slow down partner...
Just last year your panthers went 7-5 and was 3 points away from a losing record yet they beat Rockets by 1 in OT and beat little Williamsburg by 2 points.

And this year youy beat up on an

0-10 S Laurel school
1-10 Southern
5-6 Greenup
2-8 Mccreary
1A Williamsburg
1A Harlan City
2A Middlesboro who has been down and out for years
A Clay Co, team by 2 points that got beat to death by your neighborsConfusedhh:

What is your definition of championships? Because winning against those teams will not any championship Ive ever heard of and going 7-5 with a weak schedule will not either.

I agree with most you say but you have been the cart way ahead of the horse with your exepctations of KC program that is still barely 500. with Coach Mills.

:Thumbs:
Agree what has Knox really done yeah they are better than they was before Mills took the job but they were in the toilet bowl they could only go up!
Smart hire for Bell anyway...it keeps the assistants together. Any other hire that may not happen.
WhyLie Wrote:Smart hire for Bell anyway...it keeps the assistants together. Any other hire that may not happen.

True and it keeps everyone happy in Bell Also!
HugyBear Wrote::Thumbs::Thumbs:

Agree what has Knox really done yeah they are better than they was before Mills took the job but they were in the toilet bowl they could only go up!
Wrong season. In 2008 we were 9-3 losing Regional Championship on a "trick" play in final minutes. In 2009 we were 7-5 (the season you point out) due mostly to fumble itis inside the 10. Last year, 2010, we again eclipsed school record for best ever by going 10-3. One loss to JC and two to Hilton's Bell and a dominant senior class (both are gone now).

My point is simple. Bell just graduated the Senior class that has been whipping everybody for years. They have a great back in Davenport who will be the horse they ride to glory in 2011. And he is awesome. I still think we can stop him and win in 2011. (And yes, I know I'm betting against history here BobCat Dad. But if I didn't write the check that would mean I dont believe - and we believe!). But after 2011 Bell will be hard pressed to stay State Champ level (unless you really have talked Coach Mills into coming there). If you get Wayne, you will have a great shot. But for reasons, aforementioned; I don't see that happening. And if you do get Mills, he too will get beat by Knox in 2011. This is the year that starts a whole new world for that rivalry. Trust me.
I think that the smart coach is the one that takes it in 3-4 years. Can't follow Dudley and when they are having trouble, step in and be the hero. IMO
HugyBear Wrote:True and it keeps everyone happy in Bell Also!
Dear Mr. Hugy Bear,

Its really difficult for me to engage in honest debate with you while you have that mean old bear picture growling like that. Please consider a less "ferocious" rendering of the bear in your Avatar to keep the ideas flowing openly...

Sincerely,

Football1
Football1 Wrote:Wrong season. In 2008 we were 9-3 losing Regional Championship on a "trick" play in final minutes. In 2009 we were 7-5 (the season you point out) due mostly to fumble itis inside the 10. Last year, 2010, we again eclipsed school record for best ever by going 10-3. One loss to JC and two to Hilton's Bell and a dominant senior class (both are gone now).

My point is simple. Bell just graduated the Senior class that has been whipping everybody for years. They have a great back in Davenport who will be the horse they ride to glory in 2011. And he is awesome. I still think we can stop him and win in 2011. (And yes, I know I'm betting against history here BobCat Dad. But if I didn't write the check that would mean I dont believe - and we believe!). But after 2011 Bell will be hard pressed to stay State Champ level (unless you really have talked Coach Mills into coming there). If you get Wayne, you will have a great shot. But for reasons, aforementioned; I don't see that happening. And if you do get Mills, he too will get beat by Knox in 2011. This is the year that starts a whole new world for that rivalry. Trust me.

It wasn't a trick play. It was a shovel pass. Hardly what most would classify as a trick. Unexpected maybe, but not a trick.
Time to take another off the list.

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Frazier

Frazier is off today. I think that he wants it .....but can not put forth the effort it will take to get (if Mills turns it down). Middlesboro would not be happy with him. That leaves 3...

Mills
Woolum
Hoskins

If Mills decides not to come this thing will get interesting.
If Mills takes the Bell position Knox fans don't need to take it personal. If he takes it he must think it is best for him and his family. Also Bell and Knox have NOT officially scheduled that game for next year who some have already determined the outcome for.
Yogibear Wrote:It wasn't a trick play. It was a shovel pass. Hardly what most would classify as a trick. Unexpected maybe, but not a trick.
Can we settle on "unexpected trick"? :-)
WhyLie Wrote:Time to take another off the list.

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Frazier

Frazier is off today. I think that he wants it .....but can not put forth the effort it will take to get (if Mills turns it down). Middlesboro would not be happy with him. That leaves 3...

Mills
Woolum
Hoskins

If Mills decides not to come this thing will get interesting.
Its interesting.
I think a new name could emerge. Someone that is a wishbone guy and does many things based on what he has learned from Dudley over several years. Bell fans should be able to figure this one out. Don't know for sure if he has responded but I hear someone called him to check on his possible interest.
Foxtrot Wrote:I think a new name could emerge. Someone that is a wishbone guy and does many things based on what he has learned from Dudley over several years. Bell fans should be able to figure this one out. Don't know for sure if he has responded but I hear someone called him to check on his possible interest.

Terry nelson?LOL
Nope. I'm not sure he would want me to disclose his name on here due to his current position.
Foxtrot Wrote:I think a new name could emerge. Someone that is a wishbone guy and does many things based on what he has learned from Dudley over several years. Bell fans should be able to figure this one out. Don't know for sure if he has responded but I hear someone called him to check on his possible interest.

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to Mr. Wayne Mills........:HitWall:
Foxtrot Wrote:Nope. I'm not sure he would want me to disclose his name on here due to his current position.

Then he probally don't want it very bad.
I know who is talking about.
Are you talking about Carter from Jackson. He played at bell and coached under Dudley?? But I dont think is doing so hot?
Not enough experience or success. Sorry, no way.
You're talking about the guy from Marion County...I forget his name...He is from there. Wishbone triple guy.
Go Eagles Wrote:You're talking about the guy from Marion County...I forget his name...He is from there. Wishbone triple guy.

jeff robbins
WhyLie Wrote:Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rainsxxxxxxxxxout
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.xxxxxxout
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matneyxxxxxxxxout
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggersxxxxxxxxout
Whitakerxxxxxxxout

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Frazier

Here is the list for all you late comers. Just in case we have discussed your man before. Hard to read all the pages.
Mills is the man until he turns it down. Then things may get interesting. Try to go back and at least skim through.
johnnyt Wrote:jeff robbins

Talked about him early. No way.....
WhyLie Wrote:Talked about him early. No way.....

Good coach, why completely dismiss him like that?
Football1 Wrote:Dear Mr. Hugy Bear,

Its really difficult for me to engage in honest debate with you while you have that mean old bear picture growling like that. Please consider a less "ferocious" rendering of the bear in your Avatar to keep the ideas flowing openly...

Sincerely,

Football1

Les Miles stay at LSU Maybe Coach Mills might stay home. I sure hope so. You know the grass sometimes looks greener on the other side, but you still have to mow it.
Yogibear Wrote:Good coach, why completely dismiss him like that?

Great Coach....Pineville guy......rub some the wrong way at Bell.
WhyLie Wrote:Great Coach....Pineville guy......rub some the wrong way at Bell.
Marion is a solid program and Robbins has done a great job there. Did not know he had any ties to the area. Seems like the kind of coach that might do well at Bell. But then again I don't claim to understand the Pineville vs Bell disconnect that seems to emerge in this conversation...
Boo Boo bear Wrote:Terry nelson?LOL

This may be the funniest post I have ever read anywhere! LMAO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29