Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Bell County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
WhyLie Wrote:Wow...easy big guy. How did you get film on his offense? Interesting to say the least.

Film isn't as hard to find as some might think... sorry... just get frustrated hearing someone knock any coach on false info. A casual Youtube search can even be helpful. I even found this breakdown of their veer play... I have more from my own study of offense but here is a taste:

whoever it may be will take over a great hs football program, and has big shoes to fill. Dudley Hilton was outstanding, and wish him the best of luck in Pikeville
This thread seems a little cliquish...........maybe the users here have several screen names............
Coach Mills from KC has the job if he wants it.. He has been offered and the ball is in his court. Will be giving his answer in the next couple of days.. Heard this from a very reliable ex Bell asst.
Interesting night on Log Mountain. I may be reading to much into this but 4 coaches on the list were there tonight at the BB game. Shaking hands like politicians. The #1 choice Mills was there with Russell in tow. I look up early and Frazier is in the corner with Hoskins. Obviously they are all friends....but....this may show interest in the job. What do you think? I know Hoskins is an assistant on the BB team and had to be there. Mills, Frazier and Russell do they enjoy BB that much. Could have been more coaches there but that was all I saw for sure. I don't know Woolum, but if he is in for Christmas, may have been there also.
CoachA Wrote:Film isn't as hard to find as some might think... sorry... just get frustrated hearing someone knock any coach on false info. A casual Youtube search can even be helpful. I even found this breakdown of their veer play... I have more from my own study of offense but here is a taste:

Veer that is what Kenny ran at M'boro, did the Woolum boy get his playbook? I don't think the Bell fans would be very happy with the Kenny Roark option.

Whylie don't read too much into it. Scott Co. is 1 of the better programs in the state and Russell if I am not mistaken is married into Scott Co. Coaches family? Neice or daughter? So that would explain him and Wayne being in attendance.
Ya'll Crackin me up...lol
William Muney Wrote:Veer that is what Kenny ran at M'boro, did the Woolum boy get his playbook? I don't think the Bell fans would be very happy with the Kenny Roark option.

Whylie don't read too much into it. Scott Co. is 1 of the better programs in the state and Russell if I am not mistaken is married into Scott Co. Coaches family? Neice or daughter? So that would explain him and Wayne being in attendance.

I'd say Kenny probably got that veer thing from someone else. It's been around for pretty long time!
WhyLie Wrote:Interesting night on Log Mountain. I may be reading to much into this but 4 coaches on the list were there tonight at the BB game. Shaking hands like politicians. The #1 choice Mills was there with Russell in tow. I look up early and Frazier is in the corner with Hoskins. Obviously they are all friends....but....this may show interest in the job. What do you think? I know Hoskins is an assistant on the BB team and had to be there. Mills, Frazier and Russell do they enjoy BB that much. Could have been more coaches there but that was all I saw for sure. I don't know Woolum, but if he is in for Christmas, may have been there also.

Crawford in the corner with Dudley I forgot. That makes 5 on the list. Again I may be reading to much....but.....who knows. Crawford staying with the old man is afraid to show interest in others. Mills just getting a feel of Morris and the BB program. Russell coming with Mills. Frazier may have been buying pizzas with Papa.
footballfever Wrote:I'd say Kenny probably got that veer thing from someone else. It's been around for pretty long time!

Yea I know, I saw Remember the Titans too. :Thumbs:
CoachA Wrote:Film isn't as hard to find as some might think... sorry... just get frustrated hearing someone knock any coach on false info. A casual Youtube search can even be helpful. I even found this breakdown of their veer play... I have more from my own study of offense but here is a taste:

Is this Woolums team on the video? Is he making trainning films on the Veer?
WhyLie Wrote:Interesting night on Log Mountain. I may be reading to much into this but 4 coaches on the list were there tonight at the BB game. Shaking hands like politicians. The #1 choice Mills was there with Russell in tow. I look up early and Frazier is in the corner with Hoskins. Obviously they are all friends....but....this may show interest in the job. What do you think? I know Hoskins is an assistant on the BB team and had to be there. Mills, Frazier and Russell do they enjoy BB that much. Could have been more coaches there but that was all I saw for sure. I don't know Woolum, but if he is in for Christmas, may have been there also.

Mills, Mills, Mills....:biggrin: You are right. You didnt see into it at all. Thats all for now. :Thumbs:
4ThePlayerz Wrote:This thread seems a little cliquish...........maybe the users here have several screen names............

There is... I wont ruin it for those..
I talked with a Coach that had talked to Coach Mills on thur. and Mills said Bell wants him said he was torn between schools knox and bell that is said he would make his mind up quickly sais there was a lot on his mind and he thought knox was content with were there at but Bell will always want better and he was a little concearned about following a Coach as good as Dudley but the challange he would be up to but that Knox was ready to get over top. So look for Coach Mills at Bell County and Bell will still be tough.
Would Scotty Russell take over the KC job?
Weighing all the options, it is a very tough decision, but I have to believe Mills will take it.
WhyLie Wrote:Is this Woolums team on the video? Is he making trainning films on the Veer?

Yes, that's his team. His coaching staff has been working on a multimedia playbook. One of his assistants has been posting parts on a X's and O's website.
Generals2010 Wrote:I believe Bell County got beat by a state championship team too. But the difference is Bell continues to make it back every year. And Harlan County being in existence for 3 years. I am pretty sure Harlan has been around for quite some time. I mean there was Cawood, Evarts, and Cumberland. They never really amounted to anything. :flush:
There are a lot of posts on this thread and I have not read them all. This one caught my eye with reguard to the old teams . Wasn't there a team called Lynch in that area? I seem to remember somehow the name Ed. Miracle. I am just trying to remember if they"amounted to anything"??? :biggrin:

co. teams
Daddycat27 Wrote:Scott Russell. He coached for Hilton and Mills. He's young and a solid coach. Mr. Football!!!

No way!
Interesting Post. Has anyone from Bell ever won Mr. Football?
Earlier i mentioned the building materials on the tennis courts near the high school......does anyone here care to mention what that may mature into????
Bear_Paw Wrote:Interesting Post. Has anyone from Bell ever won Mr. Football?

Not that I know of. As mentioned earlier, Dudley was not in the business of promoting kids.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Interesting Post. Has anyone from Bell ever won Mr. Football?

Does "mr. football" mean you win state championships or that your program has reached greatness. NO but if you were to approach any one of the hundred or so people in Bell Co. and ask if they would tread off those state champion rings or regional champion banners for a "mr. football". I would bet my money on the fact that they would tell you to keep your "mr. football" trophy. Just a thought
Trenches07 Wrote:Does "mr. football" mean you win state championships or that your program has reached greatness. NO but if you were to approach any one of the hundred or so people in Bell Co. and ask if they would tread off those state champion rings or regional champion banners for a "mr. football". I would bet my money on the fact that they would tell you to keep your "mr. football" trophy. Just a thought

Not meant as a shot at the Bell program (they have a great one) but they only have 2 state title rings to trade off. '91 and '08.
Hatz Wrote:Not meant as a shot at the Bell program (they have a great one) but they only have 2 state title rings to trade off. '91 and '08.

How many do you have to trade off????
Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggers

We have to add one to the list. Heard his name a couple times. He has expressed interest. Jaggers, Marty
Hatz Wrote:Not meant as a shot at the Bell program (they have a great one) but they only have 2 state title rings to trade off. '91 and '08.

I am very aware of that, but thanks for reminding me. You a pal:Thumbs:
Here is something for some of you to talk about. I believe that whoever the next coach is will only be here 5 years tops, if that long. The next one will not live up to the standards set here by Hilton. Plus the talent in numbers will not be what it has been in the past few years.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Earlier i mentioned the building materials on the tennis courts near the high school......does anyone here care to mention what that may mature into????

WhyLie Wrote:Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggers

We have to add one to the list. Heard his name a couple times. He has expressed interest. Jaggers, Marty

They are putting a new roof on the school.

Marty will not even get an interview. His name is not even been mentioned. People that have been around the football program for some time know Marty well.
[quote=Amped 88]They are putting a new roof on the school.

Thought that may have been part of the "ground work" mentioned in this thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29