Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Bell County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Saying that Bobcat faithful will be happy narrows down the choices considerably. Bell faithful would be happy to welcome a winning coach or a Bell boy back home, maybe both. That said, looks like Mills or Frazier. Hard for me to believe Frazier didn't even attempt. Other than Mills, I can't imagine Bell going after the other neighboring coaches.
Where are all the Knox fans? I have a question for them.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Where are all the Knox fans? I have a question for them.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Lets pretend I'm a Knox fan for a minute...Shoot?
Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.xxxxxxout
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggers

Let put the Bear fans at ease. I don't think he leaves either. Larkey out.

I'm a Knox fan so go ahead and ask your question. If I can't answer it Muney can...
easyM Wrote:I'm a Knox fan so go ahead and ask your question. If I can't answer it Muney can...

Guess no one fell for me playing off as a Knox fan although I do like the people and the program of that area (especially my buddy William Muney).
Now to just mention something that I think is obvious. Who I know doesn't honestly know in their heart and mind who the new coach of the Bobcats will be/is? Come on, you have to know if you're being real with yourself. It's very obvious. Don't ask who I know that coach is. Ask yourself.
easyM Wrote:I'm a Knox fan so go ahead and ask your question. If I can't answer it Muney can...

LOL...Im sure Muney can for Bell and Knox. :biggrin:
easyM Wrote:Guess no one fell for me playing off as a Knox fan although I do like the people and the program of that area (especially my buddy William Muney).
Now to just mention something that I think is obvious. Who I know doesn't honestly know in their heart and mind who the new coach of the Bobcats will be/is? Come on, you have to know if you're being real with yourself. It's very obvious. Don't ask who I know that coach is. Ask yourself.

I was going to ask the Knox faithful about Turpin. I heard he was leaving and headed back to VA.
Said that he would never play for Mills again. So indeed may be leaving.
We all know the name of the man.....MILLS....will he take it or not. Obviously not being honest with one of the sides, Bell or Knox. If he has taken it come out and tell it. This is high school football, not the SEC. No ground work needed.

Now on the other hand if he has not decided ...well....that is another story. He has till Jan 15. Then maybe 3 days after that to let them know.

But stop acting like it is a secret .....we put on here 300 post ago that Mills was the first choice.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I was going to ask the Knox faithful about Turpin. I heard he was leaving and headed back to VA.

What does his parents do...I hear the job market is pretty good in Harlan...lol

JUST KIDDING
I'm a bit of a Knox fan...LOL. I have just been quietly reading all the fun. Time to speak my mind on this one. If Coach Mills heads to Bell it will be a heart breaker for us for the obvious reasons. But here are some things that I will add to that:

1. If he goes to Bell he will have the dubious distinction of being the first Bell Coach in recent memory to get his butt beat by Knox. We will beat Bell next year I don't care if Nick Saban takes the job.

2. If he takes the job I for one will not be angry about it. I know him pretty well and believe he is really torn right now between his home town; a family of players he has worked hard to build into champions; and a Bell program that he knows at the 3A level will coast to many wins and a few state titlles. Tough call for any man in his shoes.

3. I have to say this though. He who dodges competition usually comes out behind. I know it has to be compelling to see the green pastures of 3A land for a Bell team that the head cheerleader could coach to a State title with Davenport carrying the rock in 2011; but I hope he sees the bigger crown of Canady, Diamond, Grubb, Helton, and Barger leading him to victory over teams like Boyle and Highlands in the toughest division of KY football.

Finally, if indeed he has already accepted the job it does my heart good to know the head football coach for big Bell County is organizing our off season weight training program. That has to make us better... LOL.

BTW, our core group of kids literally started lifting the Saturday after the Bell loss. I have never seen such focus and intensity so early from a group. I can't flippin wait for fall even if our head cheerleader is the new football coach at Knox. The mouth smashing will be plenty as will the wins.
Last I heard Turpin was training for baseball. He throws a mean curve ball.
Turpin has indeed said something about going back to his old town
Football1 Wrote:Last I heard Turpin was training for baseball. He throws a mean curve ball.

His Facebook clarifies that he is indeed leaving and moving back to VA..
bear_paw Wrote:what does his parents do...i hear the job market is pretty good in harlan...lol

just kidding
no jobs in harlan !
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:His Facebook clarifies that he is indeed leaving and moving back to VA..

Nice curve ball, huh?
Football1 Wrote:Nice curve ball, huh?

Yes...lol... I couldnt believe it when someone told me he was. Thats why I wanted to ask a Knox fan.
Haha. What do you think about Hilton's move there BellCoBobcats?

You guys had this one coming. Wink
So, if Mills does ultimately head back to Log Mountain, what do those Knox fans think will happen with the Panthers' head coaching job? Will they open up a search or hire from within?

And for what it's worth, I simply don't see Bell County's move to AAA one that will necessarily put any more state titles in the trophy case. Breathitt, Belfry, Corbin, Russell, Tilghmann and (oh yeah) Louisville Central might pose a little bit of competition for the Bobcats.
Football1 I respect your football knowledge BUT every stinking year we hear we will beat Bell this year blah, blah, blah and guess what it never happens!!!! If you think Coach Hilton was the sole reason for that then........well I guess you have another thing coming.
Gitback Coach Wrote:So, if Mills does ultimately head back to Log Mountain, what do those Knox fans think will happen with the Panthers' head coaching job? Will they open up a search or hire from within?

And for what it's worth, I simply don't see Bell County's move to AAA one that will necessarily put any more state titles in the trophy case. Breathitt, Belfry, Corbin, Russell, Tilghmann and (oh yeah) Louisville Central might pose a little bit of competition for the Bobcats.

I doubt it.......
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Football1 I respect your football knowledge BUT every stinking year we hear we will beat Bell this year blah, blah, blah and guess what it never happens!!!! If you think Coach Hilton was the sole reason for that then........well I guess you have another thing coming.

I totally think Coach Hilton made the difference in the Bell program. If Bell does not get a coach close to the pedigree of Dudley it will drop dramatically. To quote a true Bell County fan "coaching is not 90% its 100%". I wish Bell County luck in finding a coach, I just hope it is not ours that goes.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Football1 I respect your football knowledge BUT every stinking year we hear we will beat Bell this year blah, blah, blah and guess what it never happens!!!! If you think Coach Hilton was the sole reason for that then........well I guess you have another thing coming.
History is definitely on your side in this debate. For the record, I don't think Hilton had as much to do with us losing this year as Davenport did. So even though the great coach is gone the 4.4 back will still be there. We will be better next year but so will Davenport. Our advantage will be our QB. Maddon had more to do with Bell success than he got credit for. Barger has improved dramatically over the years. Watched him score 20 on the bball court in Hoop it Up with speed and moves that rival anybody.

The outcome of this contest likely will hinge in great part on the outcome of this coaching move. I look forward to the speculation ending so the kids can simply work without distraction and we can all go back to arguing over who really runs a 4.4.
Gitback Coach Wrote:So, if Mills does ultimately head back to Log Mountain, what do those Knox fans think will happen with the Panthers' head coaching job? Will they open up a search or hire from within?

I'm on record (and prepared to eat Crow) with strong belief that Coach Mills will lead the Panthers to their 1st District and Regional Championship in 2011. God forbid, I eat crow I would hope our school would conduct a thorough search for a qualified coach. We have a good internal candidate in Russel but others should be brought to the table and a decision made solely based on who will be the kind of leader that teaches young men to be winners on the field, the classroom, the community, their churches, and their families. We have the epitome of that today in Wayne Mills. If he leaves for 3A land, we should settle for nothing less than the same.

The kids who play here now have given thousands of hours starting for many in Kindergarten to get where they are now as players. They, under Mills, have brought unparalled success to what once was a joke of a program. They deserve the best.
Mills is the next coach.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yes...lol... I couldnt believe it when someone told me he was. Thats why I wanted to ask a Knox fan.
Yes, I too have heard this is his direction. He came here to be a star and that has just not happened. He's an awesome player and a great kid. I wish him the very best and many blessings in whatever he decides to pursue. I will never forget watching this 16 year old 185 pound lump of muscle bench press 415 pounds the South Laurel meet.
I have heard a lot of reasons why someone should follow Dudley, how about some reasons why not. I will start #1 without resarch who follwed Lambardi, Wooden, Bear Bryant, Sparky Anderson, George Hallace, just to name a few. I feel the true Great Ones follow no one. They make a name and a place themselves. Bell is Dudleys program. At Knox, Wayne is the program.
Radio Wrote:I totally think Coach Hilton made the difference in the Bell program. If Bell does not get a coach close to the pedigree of Dudley it will drop dramatically. To quote a true Bell County fan "coaching is not 90% its 100%". I wish Bell County luck in finding a coach, I just hope it is not ours that goes.

Yes he did. Also talent.....we still have it for at least 2 years. Then things do drop off quiet a bit. That is why 4-5 years and the new coach will be in trouble. 2 years and the Hilton effect will be gone. Again it is a trap for the new coach....will be compared to the previous success. Mark it down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29