Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Bell County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Robbins has done one of the best jobs in the state with Marion County. You talk about bringing a bottom dweller into the upper level of programs, he has done it. Granted, they havent won any titles or made any state final appearances. But, making it to the 2nd round twice, winning a region championship and earning a birth to the state semis, to go along with winning district championships at Marion was beyond imaginable before he arrived.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Robbins has done one of the best jobs in the state with Marion County. You talk about bringing a bottom dweller into the upper level of programs, he has done it. Granted, they havent won any titles or made any state final appearances. But, making it to the 2nd round twice, winning a region championship and earning a birth to the state semis, to go along with winning district championships at Marion was beyond imaginable before he arrived.
Rags to riches for sure. He is a very solid coach.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Robbins has done one of the best jobs in the state with Marion County. You talk about bringing a bottom dweller into the upper level of programs, he has done it. Granted, they havent won any titles or made any state final appearances. But, making it to the 2nd round twice, winning a region championship and earning a birth to the state semis, to go along with winning district championships at Marion was beyond imaginable before he arrived.

Has done an outstanding job and a great coach. Just don't see the Bell committee giving him a chance and don't know if he is even interested. I guess what I'm trying to say would be a shock.......have not heard his name mention......but who am I. I'm sure they are a lot I haven't heard of, that are interested.
How can one have a chance of ever being a head coach if never given the opportunity? There are qualified people on all of these lists, some with more expereince than others but you never know what qualities anyone may possess until they are given the opportunity to have a head coaching job. :Clap:
Jeff played at Bell, coached at bell for a short time. Went to Pineville had some problems then left. He would not come back to SEKY, nor would he be given the chance.
If Mills or Hoskins isnt the coach then something is way wrong in Bobcat land.
Southern may be waiting on Hoskins to make a decision and Hoskins may be waiting on Bell to make a decision and Bell may be waiting on Mills to make a decision.
That might be the hold up on all this.

I just find it funny that so many Bell people would have written off so many good coaches cuz of the past. It sounds like Michigan, you must have to be a Bell co man to get the job cuz if Rains came calling why not interview him yet so many fans on here are quick to say no to some of the best, it is quite weird. And when it all comes down to it, you are left with Mills or Hoskins id say. Yet all Bell fans say that it is the best job and so mnay people want it, yet you end up with Knox Centrals coach or an assistant. If so high profile job why arent the coaches being mentioned that are high profile? Just curious, there are 100 pages of filth on this topic and it boils down to the above.
One word says it all.....POLITICS
When do you think they will have a head coach by?
WhyLie Wrote:One word says it all.....POLITICS

There's other good coaches that are interested in this job that are getting consideration that none have mentioned!

Orange, to answer your question how one can be overlooked just from the lack of not being a head coach before........Same reason so many good, qualified people get overlooked everyday across our country in the job market, that are fresh out of college. PEOPLE ARE SCARED AND TO LAZY TO TAKE A CHANCE ON THAT ONE THATS NOT PROVEN HIM/HERSELF already. What happened to this being the land of equal opportunity.
Luke Salmons just quit Lawrence Co going to Cabell Midland
I'm sure many applied...serious consideration??????? Name some Trenches. In your honest opion who gets the job?
WhyLie Wrote:I'm sure many applied...serious consideration??????? Name some Trenches. In your honest opion who gets the job?

One of 2 people will get the job (just an opinion). Coach Mills will be one of the finialist as we all know and he should be. The man has done nothing but good things as an assistant at Bell and now building a program that was everyone's cupcake. I think you can take Woolum out of the equation and the other that will be a finalist will be some what of a SHOCKER to everyone but he is a very qualified coach and has been a head coach for several year and done a great job.
Someone not on this list? Who, I'm sure they don't mind, if they really want it. Or are you just saying you don't know and it will be a surprise to all of us.
My opinion - cupcakes made me fat so I had to lay off. Further, Mills looked great in his Navy and Gold last night at the Knox vs BHS game (which we won thanks to an awesome QB, RB, and WR who also shoot a little round ball: Barger was amazing) cheering on the Panthers. I hope our BBall coach thanked our Football coach for producing such exceptional athletes in his weightroom and training program... TJ Kelly also showed up very big for the Panthers last night. Would have loved to have him as a TE! Hoping Coach Mills did a little post game recruiting there.

What will end up happening with this coaching job is anyone's bet. Mills aint coming there. That means Bell can hire the best assistant in the area in Hoskins who will do a bang up job or they can lure some Head Coach who could improve his situation by coming to a top notch program. Woolum hasn't head coached but seems to have a solid track record so that is up to the folks on Log Mountain.

That 100 pages of filth comment is a little perplexing to me? Debate, even argument, conjecture, rumor, and all the other fine elements that produce a good thread on a respectable blog; but filth? Not so much.
WhyLie Wrote:One word says it all.....POLITICS

OMG, again we agree!!
Must be raining pigs today.
:biggrin:
Filth??

I think that this has been one of the better threads. I can't remember one bad thing said about any coach on here. Rumors and discussion yes, what is a message board for?
Football1 Wrote:My opinion - cupcakes made me fat so I had to lay off. Further, Mills looked great in his Navy and Gold last night at the Knox vs BHS game (which we won thanks to an awesome QB, RB, and WR who also shoot a little round ball: Barger was amazing) cheering on the Panthers. I hope our BBall coach thanked our Football coach for producing such exceptional athletes in his weightroom and training program... TJ Kelly also showed up very big for the Panthers last night. Would have loved to have him as a TE! Hoping Coach Mills did a little post game recruiting there.

What will end up happening with this coaching job is anyone's bet. Mills aint coming there. That means Bell can hire the best assistant in the area in Hoskins who will do a bang up job or they can lure some Head Coach who could improve his situation by coming to a top notch program. Woolum hasn't head coached but seems to have a solid track record so that is up to the folks on Log Mountain.

That 100 pages of filth comment is a little perplexing to me? Debate, even argument, conjecture, rumor, and all the other fine elements that produce a good thread on a respectable blog; but filth? Not so much.

I would not county my chickens before they hatch there pal. You never know whats going to happen tomorrow in this life. I still say if they offer it to Coach Mills he is gone but time will tell.
Luke Salmons has accepted the head coaching job at cabell-midland and will no longer be the coach at LC...
Trenches07 Wrote:I would not county my chickens before they hatch there pal. You never know whats going to happen tomorrow in this life. I still say if they offer it to Coach Mills he is gone but time will tell.

Still waiting on the other guy, Trenches
Football1 Wrote:My opinion - cupcakes made me fat so I had to lay off. Further, Mills looked great in his Navy and Gold last night at the Knox vs BHS game (which we won thanks to an awesome QB, RB, and WR who also shoot a little round ball: Barger was amazing) cheering on the Panthers. I hope our BBall coach thanked our Football coach for producing such exceptional athletes in his weightroom and training program... TJ Kelly also showed up very big for the Panthers last night. Would have loved to have him as a TE! Hoping Coach Mills did a little post game recruiting there.

I wish there were some way we could wager on a couple of your statements.
WhyLie Wrote:Still waiting on the other guy, Trenches

WhyLie, I dont think I will say that mans name. He may not want it talked about yet and its not my place to open that can of worms at this time. :rules:
A name not on the list?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I wish there were some way we could wager on a couple of your statements.
I'm not much for betting. Gets me in trouble with my preacher. And with that very scarry Avatar you are sporting I assume you are the kind that collects on all bets - so I will ere on the side of caution here.

And yes, for the record - sure, I could be wrong about Coach Mills. But if I am, so are many many others over here in Panther land... time will indeed tell. But I stand firmly by my statements. That job, while great, is not an "Upgrade" for Coach Mills. So why endure the pain of change and the risks of loss needlessly?
Wolf Pack Wrote:Luke Salmons has accepted the head coaching job at cabell-midland and will no longer be the coach at LC...
Holy surprises Batman!
WhyLie Wrote:A name not on the list?

That is correct! His name is not and has not been on the list.
My top guess is not on the list. I think Mills wont take it,,they know that(Im guessing)...but this coach has not came up and Im not saying it first....but he is from the area
If I was Mills I would stay at Knox. He has done a fantastic job there. Bell is up right now but that talent will be gone after a year or so and it will be hard to ever replace Dudley over there. When you think Bell County you think Dudley Hilton.
SLHSCard Wrote:If I was Mills I would stay at Knox. He has done a fantastic job there. Bell is up right now but that talent will be gone after a year or so and it will be hard to ever replace Dudley over there. When you think Bell County you think Dudley Hilton.

SLHS, you know its funny to me that people have said the same things since I played at Bell that the talent will be gone! NOT HAPPENED YET:Thumbs:
Now, it going to be hard to replace coach hilton I know but Mills could/will do just fine.

And the coach I am refering to IS NOT from the area! Nor has he EVER been from SEKY.
Trenches, I'm baffaled by your post as to one who isnt from that part of the state and the name as to who you are talking about.....My mind is rolling as I try to piece together who you are talking of.

As to not having a chance if you arent/weren't a head coach. I don't agree with it. Noone gets a chance unless you eventually become a head coach. How is one to gain the title if never given the chance. I think that the administration needs to look long and hard into those applicants who dont have the experience and give everyone a free chance. :biggrin:
Trenches07 Wrote:SLHS, you know its funny to me that people have said the same things since I played at Bell that the talent will be gone! NOT HAPPENED YET:Thumbs:
Now, it going to be hard to replace coach hilton I know but Mills could/will do just fine.

And the coach I am refering to IS NOT from the area! Nor has he EVER been from SEKY.

That is a very interesting twist to this tale for sure. To see such a wild card injected at this juncture... fun stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29