Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Bell County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
i think everyone needs to calm down on this, no matter who is coaching bell is gonna have a dominant team next year.
they will get a good coach in, everyone wants this job
doomsday Wrote:i think everyone needs to calm down on this, no matter who is coaching bell is gonna have a dominant team next year.

I have a different opinion on 2011 for the Bobcats. While they will be as good as anyone, the one thing that was better than most if not everyone in the Mountains was the Coaching. No matter who gets the job, it will be a step back. But that is just my opinion.
doomsday Wrote:i think everyone needs to calm down on this, no matter who is coaching bell is gonna have a dominant team next year.

It does matter who the coach is at Bell...getting the right coach is more important than getting a good coach because it will have an affect on who the assistants will be. That will in turn determine how dominant the bobcats will be next season as far as post season success is concerned.

Dudley was successful as a head coach because of the strength of his assistants...which the new head coach may not have...if the right coach is not hired!!!

If Mills does not take it, Hoskins is not hired and Frazer is not interested...it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Trenches07 Wrote:You arent missing anything Football1. The problem here is like any other situation where there is more opionions than facts! Just to much spectulation on stuff that has no substance to it! Fact is this (again....IMO) that Coach Mills will be the first choice for the COMMITTEE and Hoskins will be right behind him as the second choice. Either way the CATS will be in good hands.
Makes sense to me.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I have a different opinion on 2011 for the Bobcats. While they will be as good as anyone, the one thing that was better than most if not everyone in the Mountains was the Coaching. No matter who gets the job, it will be a step back. But that is just my opinion.
I agree with you overall. But for 2011 they will be near unstopable. They have an All State brute of an OLman making gaps for a running back that folks really only have seen glimpses of his greatness. Davenport will be the toughest back in KY alongside Jude in 2011 to stop. He is faster than Jude and no doubt doing work to get stronger. its 2012 and beyond where the coach will feel the pressure of winning without a back who is a Right Sweep away from making you look like a genious on every play.
Mills will be the next Bell Co. Coach. If for some reason he changes his mind then its Woolum's job to turn down. Those are the only two getting a serious look. Mark it down!
William Muney Wrote:Talked to Coach Hoskins the other day and he said he would not coach for another asst. coach if named Head Coach. He did not name anyone specific but I guess we can all read between the lines.

I don't think that any of the coaches will. I have talked to several and they won't be back if that happens.
BearClaws Wrote:Mills will be the next Bell Co. Coach. If for some reason he changes his mind then its Woolum's job to turn down. Those are the only two getting a serious look. Mark it down!
I try to keep an open ear to all opinions but so many have said Mills is taking the Bell job I'm compelled to ask why? Why would he take that job? It doesn't take a degree in psycology to understand change is hard and only undertaken when marked improvement in circumstances can be achieved. Consider what he would be leaving:

-His hometown football program which he has built from nothing to a powerhouse poised to win championships
-Superior facilities (indoor training field, gym, etc)
-A pro-football principal and Super who stands behind him
-Arguably, the toughest and thereby most prestigious division of football in KY - 4A
-The best feeder program in Eastern KY. Yes, winning in K-6 and and Middle does not gurantee success (I get that) but it sure doesn't hurt your chances considering the alternative
-Maybe most importantly: a corp of talented assistants that LOVE Panther football that in some cases even volunteer their time to support him and this progam

Yes, if he goes to Bell he gets a great 2011 team and an easier 3A schedule. But the money will be no different, the past successes of that program while a great source of pride for Bell county will only serve to create a pressure cooker to work in daily. That would be worth it to a guy who did not already have what Coach Mills has. But to think a guy who is already creating a superb legacy in his hometown will endure "change" for what would not be a dramative improvement in circumstances (a decline in my humble opinion) is impossible for me to grasp. And that is not to say the Bell job is not a great opportunity for somebody - it really is. Just not for a coach who is already in the position Coach Mills is in...
I will agree with that 99%.........1% Bell and 3A will be easier. I believe 4 years will be the length of the next coach at Bells tenure. I don't care who takes it.
WhyLie Wrote:I will agree with that 99%.........1% Bell and 3A will be easier. I believe 4 years will be the length of the next coach at Bells tenure. I don't care who takes it.
With Corbin, Central, Belfry, and others to deal with - you are right; it might not be easier. Which ultimately will likely prove your second point...
Football1 Wrote:With Corbin, Central, Belfry, and others to deal with - you are right; it might not be easier. Which ultimately will likely prove your second point...

Don't forget Ft. Campbell (Class 2A Champs 3 of the last 4 years) and Paducah Tilghman, the '09 Class AAA champs, who have played Lou. Central in the state semis the last two years.

3A will definately be more of a challenge than 4A was. Bell knew before the season started the last four years that they were going to be in the state-semis at worst every year. From what I have heard, Bell will fall back quite a bit after the '11 season, any truth to this? Granted, their 'down' years are 90% of the teams good years.
Football1 Wrote:I try to keep an open ear to all opinions but so many have said Mills is taking the Bell job I'm compelled to ask why? Why would he take that job? It doesn't take a degree in psycology to understand change is hard and only undertaken when marked improvement in circumstances can be achieved. Consider what he would be leaving:

-His hometown football program which he has built from nothing to a powerhouse poised to win championships-Superior facilities (indoor training field, gym, etc)
-A pro-football principal and Super who stands behind him
-Arguably, the toughest and thereby most prestigious division of football in KY - 4A
-The best feeder program in Eastern KY. Yes, winning in K-6 and and Middle does not gurantee success (I get that) but it sure doesn't hurt your chances considering the alternative
-Maybe most importantly: a corp of talented assistants that LOVE Panther football that in some cases even volunteer their time to support him and this progam

Yes, if he goes to Bell he gets a great 2011 team and an easier 3A schedule. But the money will be no different, the past successes of that program while a great source of pride for Bell county will only serve to create a pressure cooker to work in daily. That would be worth it to a guy who did not already have what Coach Mills has. But to think a guy who is already creating a superb legacy in his hometown will endure "change" for what would not be a dramative improvement in circumstances (a decline in my humble opinion) is impossible for me to grasp. And that is not to say the Bell job is not a great opportunity for somebody - it really is. Just not for a coach who is already in the position Coach Mills is in...

While I'll give it to you for wanting to keep coach Mills. I am sure even he knows that championships in 4a are out of reach. I am sure he is like ever other coach that has been courted before. He wants to win. Bell will contend most years, Knox hasn't proven to be contenders.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Don't forget Ft. Campbell (Class 2A Champs 3 of the last 4 years) and Paducah Tilghman, the '09 Class AAA champs, who have played Lou. Central in the state semis the last two years.

3A will definately be more of a challenge than 4A was. Bell knew before the season started the last four years that they were going to be in the state-semis at worst every year. From what I have heard, Bell will fall back quite a bit after the '11 season, any truth to this? Granted, their 'down' years are 90% of the teams good years.

You may want to sit back and digest that. It is not too late to edit your post.:lmao:
WhyLie Wrote:I will agree with that 99%.........1% Bell and 3A will be easier. I believe 4 years will be the length of the next coach at Bells tenure. I don't care who takes it.

I will agree with that statement excluding Mills. He will work and there won't be a reason for him to ever leave. Quality coach and an even better person.
Do you all really believe 3A the next four years is going to be tougher than 4A? No way IMO!!! Those are great programs you listed but 4A has schools like Highlands, Boyle Co, Lex Cath, Cov Cath, Johnson Central etc. Not even close IMO.
Regional runner up last 2 of 3 years. Best record in school histroy last year only losing to Bell twice and JC by one point. And a team returning with size and speed and depth that will be better than any of the last 3 year teams. Contenders? I think so.
Football1 Wrote:Regional runner up last 2 of 3 years. Best record in school histroy last year only losing to Bell twice and JC by one point. And a team returning with size and speed and depth that will be better than any of the last 3 year teams. Contenders? I think so.

Couldn't beat Bell. And now Highlands?? keep drinking the kool-aid.....I love your enthusiasm:lmao:
Lady Cat keep laughing. Prior to Dudley coming Bell couldnt beat Lone Jack. We will We will beat Bell soon. Remember David slew the Phillistine.Bell is top notch, no doubt, but we are getting close.
Radio Wrote:Lady Cat keep laughing. Prior to Dudley coming Bell couldnt beat Lone Jack. We will We will beat Bell soon. Remember David slew the Phillistine.Bell is top notch, no doubt, but we are getting close.

:Thumbs:

You can save this post to your favorites. The 2011 game will be a barn burner, close game with one team winning by less than a TD. And Yes, I think it will be Knox. But with Davenport toting the rock, it will be a grand challenge. But 2012 on starts a string of wins for Knox where the only question mark will be the look on the people's faces walking out of the stadium. And that is not taking anything away from a great Bell program. It is however commentary on how Knox's program has reached a "Tipping Point" where momentum gained from the weight room, community, athletes not playing bball only, and a culture of winning have taken root. And to stay on topic; yes, this should factor into at least one candidates decision.
Radio Wrote:Bell is top notch, no doubt, but we are getting close.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]WTH you really think so???? Seems to me you are getting farther away now. Did you not watch the playoff game......or any of the JV games?????? Don't be so sure.

Reason Bell is a better job.

A. More tradition and players now how to Get the W's.

B. They will be very talented the next 2 years.PERIOD! Some good players in the 8th grade class, very good 7th grade class, 5th and 6th beat Knox this year. [B]Plus the Jr. League runs the same offense and defense.......don't rely on reverses and trick plays to score in Jr. League like other teams. :lmao:
[/COLOR]
[/B]
[COLOR="Blue"]C. Nobody besides Highlands will win 4A! Nobody!

D. Bell will have a chance to compete with anyone in 3A, the field is pretty even.

E. For someone with Young Children (as Coach Mills does I believe?) the Bell school system is better than Knox.

F. Bell facilities are going to get a HUGE improvement in the next 2-3 yrs, Turf new press box.

G. Many proven asst. coaches that know the game.

Need anymore?

BTW I think Coach H. will get the job in the end so it is a argument for nothing but some of this stuff makes me scratch my noggin.[/COLOR]
Football1 Wrote::Thumbs:

You can save this post to your favorites. The 2011 game will be a barn burner, close game with one team winning by less than a TD. And Yes, I think it will be Knox. But with Davenport toting the rock, it will be a grand challenge. But 2012 on starts a string of wins for Knox where the only question mark will be the look on the people's faces walking out of the stadium. And that is not taking anything away from a great Bell program. It is however commentary on how Knox's program has reached a "Tipping Point" where momentum gained from the weight room, community, athletes not playing bball only, and a culture of winning have taken root. And to stay on topic; yes, this should factor into at least one candidates decision.

Easy big guy!!! How many starters did KC loose? How many did Bell loose? Don't start writing checks again like you all did last year, the year before, the year before and the year before.
Football1 Wrote::Thumbs:

You Knox fans keep bringing up what dudley meant to the Bell program. So, heres another twist that we havent talked about. If coach mills comes to the Bell job, wow, what was Knox before he got there? And what will Knox be without him being at the helm?
ladycats09 Wrote:I will agree with that statement excluding Mills. He will work and there won't be a reason for him to ever leave. Quality coach and an even better person.

The reason for this statement is not the Coach.....the talent level and interest in Middle School football is going to be very low. 2013 doesn't look very good. Next year things will be good. The next just OK. After that things go bad. One can write what ever they want how it is OK it is NOT. 4 years trouble.
WhyLie Wrote:The reason for this statement is not the Coach.....the talent level and interest in Middle School football is going to be very low. 2013 doesn't look very good. Next year things will be good. The next just OK. After that things go bad. One can write what ever they want how it is OK it is NOT. 4 years trouble.

For once anyway we are in total agreement
TopCat Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]WTH you really think so???? Seems to me you are getting farther away now. Did you not watch the playoff game......or any of the JV games?????? Don't be so sure.

Reason Bell is a better job.

A. More tradition and players now how to Get the W's.

B. They will be very talented the next 2 years.PERIOD! Some good players in the 8th grade class, very good 7th grade class, 5th and 6th beat Knox this year. [B]Plus the Jr. League runs the same offense and defense.......don't rely on reverses and trick plays to score in Jr. League like other teams. :lmao:
[/COLOR]
[/B]
[COLOR="Blue"]C. Nobody besides Highlands will win 4A! Nobody!

D. Bell will have a chance to compete with anyone in 3A, the field is pretty even.

E. For someone with Young Children (as Coach Mills does I believe?) the Bell school system is better than Knox.

F. Bell facilities are going to get a HUGE improvement in the next 2-3 yrs, Turf new press box.

G. Many proven asst. coaches that know the game.

Need anymore?

BTW I think Coach H. will get the job in the end so it is a argument for nothing but some of this stuff makes me scratch my noggin.[/COLOR]

Talk about scratching noggins......

a. More players????
b. 2 years and that is it Period!!!!!!!!!!! Very average after that.
c. Highlands very talented......Bell beat them...and should have beat them more....I think that you are two young to remember 2004.
d Agree
e how do you know that? I guess you you have studied those cats test.
f If you think that I will sell you some land ....ect. George Thompson will not spend that kind of money. A new press box sure....that one will fall off in the next couple years and insurance will pay for it.
g Agree

You have given two. Maybe 3 I agree 4A is harder...if that is what you are trying to say.
Trenches07 Wrote:You Knox fans keep bringing up what dudley meant to the Bell program. So, heres another twist that we havent talked about. If coach mills comes to the Bell job, wow, what was Knox before he got there? And what will Knox be without him being at the helm?

Here is a twist.......All those people that keep saying middle school and JR. league means nothing, it is how you develop the talent in high school. If so then we will miss Hilton. I think you can see where this is going with Knox.......Personally I think it means a lot.
Hilton did develop players. This is still a great job. Whylie I think you down play this job. It may not be the best job for Mills, but he will decide that. It is one of the best in the mountains. I do agree that there will be no money besides what the boosters raise. There will be a ton of pressure, so whoever takes it better be ready for that. I agree the level of talent will not be what it has been in the pass and it will be trickey down the road. Still a great job. Wins will come.
Football1 Wrote:-His hometown football program which he has built from nothing to a powerhouse poised to win championships

Slow down partner...
Just last year your panthers went 7-5 and was 3 points away from a losing record yet they beat Rockets by 1 in OT and beat little Williamsburg by 2 points.

And this year youy beat up on an

0-10 S Laurel school
1-10 Southern
5-6 Greenup
2-8 Mccreary
1A Williamsburg
1A Harlan City
2A Middlesboro who has been down and out for years
A Clay Co, team by 2 points that got beat to death by your neighborsConfusedhh:

What is your definition of championships? Because winning against those teams will not any championship Ive ever heard of and going 7-5 with a weak schedule will not either.

I agree with most you say but you have been the cart way ahead of the horse with your exepctations of KC program that is still barely 500. with Coach Mills.
The catch here for Mills is he does take this job......can he beat Knox the next two years. He better........maybe should have never scheduled the game if he is going to Bell. Not to mention win the region...Central is loaded make no mistake about it. Pressure vs no pressure...non here thinks they will beat Boyle / Highlands.
Mills will be the next coach at Bell unless he changes his mind! IMO Who will take over at Knox when he goes to Bell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29