Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
As a Belfry fan I was a little disappointed as to how the Pirates came out Friday night and let West Carter play with them. But the more I think about it the better I feel because it gives teams like Russell that glimmer of hope that they can come into Belfry and beat them this Friday night.

Don't get me wrong, Russell is a good team year in year out but this year Belfry is the better team. Our boys came out flat last night and really played pathetic. I was disgusted at how horrible our Pirates could come out and play the first round of the playoffs. It wasn't until the 3rd quarter when the team woke up and put 28 points on the board that we saw the true Belfry team.

I'm not taking anything away from West Carter. They came out ready to play but Belfry was walking around the first half. It was only about 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter that the Comets got to see the REAL Belfry Pirates and then the Sophomores and Freshmen finished up the night.

So as for this coming Friday night when the Red Devils come to town. I can promise you that Coach Haywood will have his boys ready to play when they first walk on the field. It won't take until the 2nd or 3rd quarter to wake them up because if it does it might be a close game but like I said Belfry will be ready for Ivan and Russell Red Devils.

Friday night Belfry plays like the #1 team in 3 A and sends Russell home for basketball season.

Belfry: 48
Russell: 14

GO BIG RED!!!! :redboxer: :redboxer: :redboxer:
FBALL Wrote:I kind of like the way this is going right now.

Most people think Russell is down. Most Also think Belfry is unbeatable. There is the mind game in this.

True Russell has had some disappointments this year. Belfry has looked very good.

Here is the rub though. Belfry is still a team made up of a bunch of high school kids. They are not a machine they are human.

I'm sure that the kids from Russell don't feel like they are just going to go through the motions and lose. They have been in enough big games against some very good teams to know that they all bleed, sweat and hurt the same.

I think were in for a pretty good football game.

As ANY HIGH SCHOOL TEAM is made up of....

Hopefully, (not being sarcastic) Russell is a team made up of a bunch of high schoolers as well!!! Big Grin

These are young men we are talking about... NOT College or NFL football players.....
They haven't gotten their scholarships to play yet, they don't get paid millions, they ARE in it and OUT there because they love to play ball!!! No one said Belfry was a machine. They are a well practiced, well respected, WELL disciplined TEAM! Coach Haywood will have them ready to play come Friday night as I'm sure Russell will be as well. Good luck to both teams and I pray for no injuries on neither side!!!
phs1986 Wrote:As ANY HIGH SCHOOL TEAM is made up of....

Hopefully, (not being sarcastic) Russell is a team made up of a bunch of high schoolers as well!!! Big Grin

These are young men we are talking about... NOT College or NFL football players.....
They haven't gotten their scholarships to play yet, they don't get paid millions, they ARE in it and OUT there because they love to play ball!!! No one said Belfry was a machine. They are a well practiced, well respected, WELL disciplined TEAM! Coach Haywood will have them ready to play come Friday night as I'm sure Russell will be as well. Good luck to both teams and I pray for no injuries on neither side!!!

That was my point.

You might want to refer to post #8 for the machine remark. I know he is not from Belfry but with comments like that and "the real Belfry" and "Belfry wins rather easily" that I think you can see where I'm coming from.
jgrubby Wrote:I hope you all think you will just go right buy Russell!

Game is not played in here on the message boards...its all on the field. In here the battle is of words and opinions....

Out on the field...it's going to be won up front and in the trenches.
BelfryPirates Wrote:I'm kind of curious why all the Sheldon Clark people think Belfry will lose. Is it an actual prediction, or just hoping that we do lose?

Yeah, I noticed that too. They have their hands full with Mason County....and should worry about them first...
BelfryKy.com wants to invite the Russell fans to visit our message board and add some stats, news, and players to watch this upcoming Friday night.

It's going to be a great game, both programs have tradition and pride on the line.
Russell in a upset
FBALL Wrote:That was my point.

You might want to refer to post #8 for the machine remark. I know he is not from Belfry but with comments like that and "the real Belfry" and "Belfry wins rather easily" that I think you can see where I'm coming from.

"Big Red Machine" is a nickname that has been used at Belfry for many years now (and I graduated in 1985). I believe that is where that remark may have came from...
And after watching them play Friday night, I can also see where the "real Belfry" comment is coming from. I used the same expression, as probably did many other Pirate fans during that first half of play. Belfry did not show up until the third quarter. Maybe they were looking past West Carter to the next week, I don't know, but I bet you won't see Belfry do that again.

As with the JC game, I believe this one will be a close one either way...
Belfry wins with authority.
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, I noticed that too. They have their hands full with Mason County....and should worry about them first...

Read post #107.
I hope that Belfry doesn't get caught up listening to people thinking well Russell isn't as good there down.

It is going to be war. There players and fans are going to come to the CAM and they are going to bring there best.

I know that our Pirates are going to be focused especially after Friday night.

I remember going to Russell in 2005 we were the better team . Russell won

2006 at the CAM ,Russell probably the better team , they won . Russell held Belfry to 33 yards on 29 carries

Sometimes I get challenged on my loyalty to Belfry because I tell like it is . I am not really a homer. I get people upset.

Well I am going to challenge the loyalty of the Pond Creek Nation. Come out in full force don't worry about eating before the game. Make some noise. I am still mad that 49 West Carter fans out cheered you this past week.

The public address announcer shouldn't have to coach you to get excited. It isn't the players job to get you excited. The players more than ever need you. Make noise Friday. Be the 12th man. The louder it is while Russell has the ball that could cause communication problems.

It is going to be a great matchup between two schools and two great coaches.

Belfry fans make a difference. Be loud . Be vocal during the game.

Good luck to both teams.

Hopefully Belfry continues the march to the pizza box
I thought Belfry was in no way going to get beat this year. After JC getting beat by Belfry. Then when West Carter played with Belfry Over 3 Q. When Russell comes they are not West Carter not even close. My goodness I cant believe if you even come out flat WC could play with Belfry. I think it doesn't look good for JC or Belfry. Then they said JC beat Ashland and belfry beat JC so that were belfry stands with Russell. You cant gauge where you stand playing Ashland because You never know what Ashland team your going to play. When they played Russell they were on a mission. A friend of mine told me when they played JC they had a bunch of kids hurt. Plus JC didn't see the real Ashland team that night. Ashland up or down on any Friday night. Russell Is Back. Come Friday night they will answer all of your questions like where does Belfry stand in line with Russell. I would say behind. Russell by 14.
I dont think this will be as close as people think...Ivan Lee will rush for atleast 250...Belfry in a big way
Boozer Wrote:I thought Belfry was in no way going to get beat this year. After JC getting beat by Belfry. Then when West Carter played with Belfry Over 3 Q. When Russell comes they are not West Carter not even close. My goodness I cant believe if you even come out flat WC could play with Belfry. I think it doesn't look good for JC or Belfry. Then they said JC beat Ashland and belfry beat JC so that were belfry stands with Russell. You cant gauge where you stand playing Ashland because You never know what Ashland team your going to play. When they played Russell they were on a mission. A friend of mine told me when they played JC they had a bunch of kids hurt. Plus JC didn't see the real Ashland team that night. Ashland up or down on any Friday night. Russell Is Back. Come Friday night they will answer all of your questions like where does Belfry stand in line with Russell. I would say behind. Russell by 14.

Well said.:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:I dont think this will be as close as people think...Ivan Lee will rush for atleast 250...Belfry in a big way
Just keep on thinking that!
Good post Joe. I say way down here in Johnson City Tn I was louder than most of those Belfry fans. They need to be excited about the playoffs,no matter who they are playing.....Go Pirates!
Where is this game gonna be played at and when,time etc...
footballnut Wrote:Where is this game gonna be played at and when,time etc...

At Belfry this coming Friday. Kick off at 7:30.
Russell "Red Devils" will travel
to Belfry "Pirates" Friday.
November 21st kickoff 7:30 p.m.
footballnut Wrote:Where is this game gonna be played at and when,time etc...
kick off is 7:30 @ CAM stadium. Belfry, KyCool TongueirateSho Go Big Red! Beat Devils!TongueirateSho
jgrubby Wrote:Russell "Red Devils" will travel
to Belfry "Pirates" Friday.
November 21st kickoff 7:30 p.m.
Will ya be there JGRUBBY and what about you Midee?
Boozer Wrote:I thought Belfry was in no way going to get beat this year. After JC getting beat by Belfry. Then when West Carter played with Belfry Over 3 Q. When Russell comes they are not West Carter not even close. My goodness I cant believe if you even come out flat WC could play with Belfry. I think it doesn't look good for JC or Belfry. Then they said JC beat Ashland and belfry beat JC so that were belfry stands with Russell. You cant gauge where you stand playing Ashland because You never know what Ashland team your going to play. When they played Russell they were on a mission. A friend of mine told me when they played JC they had a bunch of kids hurt. Plus JC didn't see the real Ashland team that night. Ashland up or down on any Friday night. Russell Is Back. Come Friday night they will answer all of your questions like where does Belfry stand in line with Russell. I would say behind. Russell by 14.
1st of all West Carter DID NOT play with Belfry for over 3 quarters. Belfry's defense simply did not show up for the first 2. West Carter could not stop Belfry's offense the entire game. There is a big difference in "playing" with someone (Bryan Station/Highlands) and playing flat (Belfry/West Carter first half). West Carter was never in the ball game the 2nd half. 2nd, who cares if you think it doesn't look good for JC or Belfry. Look at the score at the end of the game when JC played Ashland. Enough said. "You never know what Ashland team your going to play." When they play everyone else. "They were on a mission." Only when they play Russell. Blah Blah Blah.Rolleyes You yourself are gauging Belfry from the West Carter game. So, Russell is finally back (after 3 loses) beating PC, they are world beaters. Confusedhh: I'm glad they have fixed all the problems the Devil fans have been complaining about the 4 or 5 weeks. Come Friday night, the only thing I have to say is Prove it.
I am a Russell fan all year and have never denied it, (except when they play Belfry), but some of your all's "opinion's" in these post are unbelievable.

Another thing, "Russell is not West Carter", Well Belfry is not Ashland, or PC.Smile
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Will ya be there JGRUBBY and what about you Midee?
Does a bear crap in the woods? Do fat kids like cake? Does Fball hate Raceland?:rockon:
We've got snow (flurries) in Russell, Kentucky today! What do you all think about the weather conditions and its roll in Fridays game?
jgrubby Wrote:We've got snow (flurries) in Russell, Kentucky today! What do you all think about the weather conditions and its roll in Fridays game?
We are getting snow flurries today and the early part of the week is supposed to be colder. I am tired of rainy Friday nights! I have my gear ready for cold weather. I would much rather be chilly than wet!TongueirateSho
[ My point. They gave belfry trouble. Belfry will get killed.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:We are getting snow flurries today and the early part of the week is supposed to be colder. I am tired of rainy Friday nights! I have my gear ready for cold weather. I would much rather be chilly than wet!TongueirateSho
You may get both!
Boozer Wrote:[ My point. They gave belfry trouble. Belfry will get killed.
Smile Thanks man, I've had a bad week and needed the comedy relief. Do you do birthday parties?

Belfry may lose, but get killed they will not.
Doubtful!
Boozer Wrote:[ My point. They gave belfry trouble. Belfry will get killed.
jgrubby Wrote:You may get both!
Wink Wouldn't be the first time...lol...Actually kinda getting used to it..Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24