Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
belfry forever Wrote:I was there too!
Gosh, Hobart! He was a character!
...Remember :rockon: Hobart and Louies concerts?:rockon: :rockon:
i think that Belfry will win againist Russell!
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:...Remember :rockon: Hobart and Louies concerts?:rockon: :rockon:

How could I forget? I had 2nd lunch with them! LOL!

Before I get in trouble for being off topic- Go Belfry!
Boozer Wrote:I would say Belfry did because W Carter run down hill on Belfry. Cool

Indian Chief not understand what you say.
kybaseball Wrote:What I thought everybody agreed with me all the time.I am always right ya know.Smile Smile Smile Smile jkg

you going to return your pm's??
If Belfry executes thier strategy.. they will win impressively.. we need 110% on every down..
I don't have a problem with a little trash talk but can we all please try to not personally insult each other.
My prediction.

After this game Ivan McGlone will tell Ivan Lee that he is no longer worthy of using the name Ivan.
DevilsWin Wrote:My prediction.

After this game Ivan McGlone will tell Ivan Lee that he is no longer worthy of using the name Ivan.

LOL.. he dont.. he likes being called MR. LEE
Thats pretty funny
mrfootball03 Wrote:LOL.. he dont.. he likes being called MR. LEE
Not hardly.
mrfootball03 Wrote:you going to return your pm's??

Returned.:Clap:
DevilsWin Wrote:Not hardly.

lol.. you can refer to him friday night as "that guy who just scored on my red devils".. SmileBig Grin

I got to thinking about that.. and you might get that name mixed up with Thomas Varney, Charlie Dotson, or a host of Belfry Pirates Wink
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol.. you can refer to him friday night as "that guy who just scored on my red devils".. SmileBig Grin

I got to thinking about that.. and you might get that name mixed up with Thomas Varney, Charlie Dotson, or a host of Belfry Pirates Wink

Or Drew Abrams, David Bailey, Justin Mitchell or a host of Red Devils.
FBALL Wrote:Or Drew Abrams, David Bailey, Justin Mitchell or a host of Red Devils.
We will get those guys mixed up as guys who just scored on your Red Devils lol? Are they trading teams or going to get tackled for a lot of safties haha. Smile
we talk the talk.. then we walk the walk.. russell will walk the plank!!
Hope the Oline is ready. I would still either like to see Storm moved to that LT position, or put Dillon there. I mean if your not throwing the ball to Dillon might as well use him to sure up the line. Smith does a decent job sometimes, but he also seems to miss important blocks. Hopefully though 63 can step up Friday and proove me wrong. I have come to enjoy the taste of Crow since I have had to eat so much of it the last 2 years being a UK fan and their lack of ability to do anything when it counts. Its been a tough year for the Devils, but everything has been in preperation for this week. Its the start of a new season, learn from the mistakes of the past, correct them, and come away with a victory. If anything, I would be aching just for a chance to avenge the loss to Mason Co.
DevilsWin Wrote:My prediction.

.... or Belfry wins so badly that the circle of life continues with Ivan McGlone being forced into retirement whereas Ivan Lee turns in a performance so dominant that it garners national attention and scholarship offers....Smile
I heard word of Whetstone and Lovern having to go see Dr. Johnson for some sore throats. Anyone else?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry had a 4 yard surge every play vs. Johnson central, you see their O-line as a weakness?

Belfry traditionally has issues in the secondary, but this secondary is just as good as the 2005 and 2006 units Russell faced. What team was able to exploit Belfry in the secondary? Johnson Central only had 90 yards passing with the majority of that on three catches (two of which by ian Wlech), Russell has noone as talented as Welch at WR.
To answer about the line, I was not saying they are weak on the line, but not quite what they have been in the past! I think they had one lineman quit, but not for sure. As for receivers Bailey is as good a receiver as anyone in eastern KY. But it doesnt show on a team that runs all the time! I dont think he has dropped a catchable pass all season, and last year made some remarkable catches. Especially at Raceland and again against Breathitt. AJ has not thrown the ball that well this season until just lately. I watched the passing league in the preseason and Russell did pretty well! But I do think play calling could go a long way in Russells uphill battle! But you got to BELIEVE!!!!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:.... or Belfry wins so badly that the circle of life continues with Ivan McGlone being forced into retirement whereas Ivan Lee turns in a performance so dominant that it garners national attention and scholarship offers....Smile
OMG You guys are seriously ate up with it. Worse than us.Smile
DevilsWin Wrote:OMG You guys are seriously ate up with it. Worse than us.Smile

Mirroring fan bases and programs...

- Run dominated offense
- Blue collar approach
- Legendary head coaches
- Winning traditions
- Great Asisstant Coaches

- ....and smart ___ fanbases lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Mirroring fan bases and programs...

- Run dominated offense
- Blue collar approach
- Legendary head coaches
- Winning traditions
- Great Asisstant Coaches

- ....and smart ___ fanbases lol
True Dat!
16 total pages and barely 1 full page worth reading.

What happened to incite filled posting?
Leonidas Wrote:16 total pages and barely 1 full page worth reading.

We were waiting for you to post something worth reading Leonidas.Cool
SmackDaddy2 Wrote:To answer about the line, I was not saying they are weak on the line, but not quite what they have been in the past! I think they had one lineman quit, but not for sure. As for receivers Bailey is as good a receiver as anyone in eastern KY. But it doesnt show on a team that runs all the time! I dont think he has dropped a catchable pass all season, and last year made some remarkable catches. Especially at Raceland and again against Breathitt. AJ has not thrown the ball that well this season until just lately. I watched the passing league in the preseason and Russell did pretty well! But I do think play calling could go a long way in Russells uphill battle! But you got to BELIEVE!!!!!!

I do agree that Dave made some outstanding catches against Raceland and the game before that at Mason he made some really great catches in traffic, and he may have made a couple against Breathitt too, but if I remember there was one where we had gotten behind breathitt's DB and was "wide open" and Tyler lofted one that we all in the stands were raising our hands signaling '6' and it went right through his hands. That would have put us up by 2 scores and most likely sealed the game for us. Then on Breathitts game winning drive, he had a pass deflected right to him and he could'nt hang onto it. But as the old saying goes sometimes you are only remembered for the "ones that got away".

After Saying that, let me close by saying, "Catch them all this Friday Dave!!" Bring a Victory home with the rest of your 'mates from Pirate Land!!
Leonidas Wrote:16 total pages and barely 1 full page worth reading.

Smile

We've had a lot of incite filled posting from both sides.

But not much insightful posting from either.
DevilsWin Wrote:True Dat!

My momma didn't raise no fool! :mad: Smile
mrfootball03 Wrote:Indian Chief not understand what you say.

Whats not to understand. West Carter ran the football right threw Belfry's defense all night. Russell will kill them come Friday. Thats all Russell will have to do is show up. They will beat them by 2 TDS. :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
Looks like a chilly Friday night ,Clear & cool. Great football weather.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24