Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Belfry Wins Wrote:If I was a Russell fan I wouldn't look at the Belfry/West Carter game as a good thing. You guys ever had the game that you just didn't have your heads on straight and Ivan stays on you all week and you come out a new team on the next game?
I really don't think this Belfry team is overrated and I think they are the better team as long as they play their game. Belfry is better on the line this year than Russell and whoever is better on the line and makes the less mistake wins these games.
The last time Russell came to CAM they won but in all honesty most unbiased Belfry fans would tell you they had the better team no doubt. That team was the best team you guys have had in a long time, better than Gross and company.
In general the better team usually wins this game. In 2005 the two teams were pretty even but Belfry made big mistakes early. 2004 Belfry was better, 2006 Russell was better. The reason I believe the better team usually wins is because netiher team makes a ton of mistakes and these two coaches don't get outcoached, so it all comes to talent.
But the game is played on the field and not on paper, so only time will tell, but I believe Belfry will win the game. I say Belfry is ahead 14-7 at the half and wears Russell down a bit and wins 35-13.
Yea, they did. Russell's last 3 regular season games.:p Smile
The last loss in CAM Stadium
Russell.

The last game Steve Phillips ever called
Russell.

The last time Belfry was shut out
Russell.

Gotta love that motivation.
BTW how many total wins will be on the field this week by the head coaches. I know both have over 300 wins, even though Ivan's all didn't come in Kentucky, they are still wins.
Belfry0304 Wrote:The last loss in CAM Stadium
Russell.

The last game Steve Phillips ever called
Russell.

The last time Belfry was shut out
Russell.

Gotta love that motivation.
I forgot that was his last game, man I miss Steve, but he will watching this game no doubt.
DevilsWin Wrote:Unless you're wearing Russell Maroon and Gold.:devilflam

I don't care what you're wearing. You came over and got us once... That just don't happen twice! Smile
Let's not start down the slander road. Keep it about the game and not about trivial nonsense.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Considering you can be in about 8-10 different school districts within a 10 mile radius of Russell those are bold words Wink

Raceland
Ashland
Boyd County
Fairview
Greenup County
Ironton, OH
Rock Hill, OH
Coal Grove, OH
South Point, OH

Should I remind you that Belfry lost 1-0 against Russell in the 1980s due to a KHSAA player Violation? He was from WV too.

All the good players in Ohio play at Ironton.

There are no good players at Greenup.

If you're good but not great you go to Raceland to get Playing time.

Fairview gets all the Ramey Home Kids.
DevilsWin Wrote:Should I remind you that Belfry lost 1-0 against Russell in the 1980s due to a KHSAA player Violation? He was from WV too.

Kasey Clark... can we now end this? Has no bearing on the game.
Midee1 Wrote:I agree and this needs to stop. That game is over.

BTW Does anyone know what school district Kasey Clark lived in?

It can go both ways.

That's an adjoining district Raceland, which is perfectly legal according to KHSAA.
Russell wins
DevilsWin Wrote:Should I remind you that Belfry lost 1-0 against Russell in the 1980s due to a KHSAA player Violation? He was from WV too.

For both sides, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." What's the big deal either way. Kids want to play at great programs, and as has been said on here before, Belfry did get in trouble 1 time and they learned their lesson. BTW, anyone who doesn't want to come up to the press box, then stay away. Why would anybody want to be in a warm, nice, press box that has people who get you a drink, an order of food, and homemade candy. Also, rosters from both teams and depth charts(both teams if the visitors provide one), and a game itinerary. Not knocking on Russell, but a cold(no heat), press box without any type of drinks or food was no picnic back in 2005.
DevilsWin Wrote:That's an adjoining district Raceland, which is perfectly legal according to KHSAA.
Same token, it was perfectly legal according to KHSAA for David Jones to attend Belfry.

DevilsWin Wrote:Russell wins
Very Possible. That's why the game is played.
David Jones lived in Huddy when he went to Belfry.. so lets get that straight right now.. 99% of the kids that go to Belfry, who have WV ties are in situations where thier parents are divorced and one parent lives in wv, and the other on the kentucky side.. so that is perfectly legal for a kid to go to Belfry.. GET OVER IT.. Wink

And I can't believe you guys let one player beat your whole team.. wow.. thats about as sucky as gettin' beat by a 5A team in the 3A State Finals.. Smile
i think this will be a good game a nail biter to the end
i think belfry has more experiance and I just think they are a better TEAM than russell......

still hope russell wins tho
bucslover68 Wrote:For both sides, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." What's the big deal either way. Kids want to play at great programs, and as has been said on here before, Belfry did get in trouble 1 time and they learned their lesson. BTW, anyone who doesn't want to come up to the press box, then stay away. Why would anybody want to be in a warm, nice, press box that has people who get you a drink, an order of food, and homemade candy. Also, rosters from both teams and depth charts(both teams if the visitors provide one), and a game itinerary. Not knocking on Russell, but a cold(no heat), press box without any type of drinks or food was no picnic back in 2005.

The Pressbox is better now.

At least we have a phone line for you to broadcast your games on and a roof.

In 2004 all we had was a piece of wood outside to stand on.

Not even a chair to sit on. :lmao:

If it had rained we would have had to pack it up and cancelled the B'cast for the Russell fans at home.
mrfootball03 Wrote:David Jones lived in Huddy when he went to Belfry.. so lets get that straight right now.. 99% of the kids that go to Belfry, who have WV ties are in situations where thier parents are divorced and one parent lives in wv, and the other on the kentucky side.. so that is perfectly legal for a kid to go to Belfry.. GET OVER IT.. Wink

And I can't believe you guys let one player beat your whole team.. wow.. thats about as sucky as gettin' beat by a 5A team in the 3A State Finals.. Smile

not trying to start anything but wasnt their another really really good corner that you all had in 04 besides jones
mrfootball03 Wrote:David Jones lived in Huddy when he went to Belfry.. so lets get that straight right now.. 99% of the kids that go to Belfry, who have WV ties are in situations where thier parents are divorced and one parent lives in wv, and the other on the kentucky side.. so that is perfectly legal for a kid to go to Belfry.. GET OVER IT.. Wink

He's the only player playing D1 from that game. UK's roster had him listed as hometown Red Jacket, WV his Freshman season.

I had to point that out just to get you Pond Creekers Riled up!Cool
Where is Devilologist??????

No predictions or thoughts yet??
I don't know why opposing fans ALWAYS bring up the "WV Thing". Anyone who has ever been to Belfry knows that driving into WV takes about 5 minutes from Belfry High School. It isn't like we get players shipped in from Europe. Jeez...
DevilsWin Wrote:He's the only player playing D1 from that game. UK's roster had him listed as hometown Red Jacket, WV his Freshman season.

I had to point that out just to get you Pond Creekers Riled up!Cool

hometown, is where you were originally from hoss.. my hometown is pikeville, ky.. but i've lived in belfry for 18 years.. get it?
DevilsWin Wrote:The Pressbox is better now.

At least we have a phone line for you to broadcast your games on and a roof.

In 2004 all we had was a piece of wood outside to stand on.

Not even a chair to sit on. :lmao:

If it had rained we would have had to pack it up and cancelled the B'cast for the Russell fans at home.

Nice to know it is better. The old press box at Vipperman was, well, old. There is no place you will go that will treat you better than the folks at Belfry will. The homemade candy is provided by Mrs. Brenda Phillips, widow of legendary Belfry PA announcer Steve Phillips. She and a group of ladies from their church, which Haywood attends, fixes it each week. Each member of the print or radio or TV media gets their own individual container of candy. Also, any film crew or others from a visiting school get one as well. The Pirettes, the school's representatives for football, will take your food order for halftime and a stand-up cooler of drinks is provided. Also, coffee and hot chocolate can be ordered as well.
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice to know it is better. The old press box at Vipperman was, well, old. There is no place you will go that will treat you better than the folks at Belfry will. The homemade candy is provided by Mrs. Brenda Phillips, widow of legendary Belfry PA announcer Steve Phillips. She and a group of ladies from their church, which Haywood attends, fixes it each week. Each member of the print or radio or TV media gets their own individual container of candy. Also, any film crew or others from a visiting school get one as well. The Pirettes, the school's representatives football, will take your food order for halftime and a stand-up cooler of drinks is provided.

and a 45 minute deep tissue massage before & after game, and the hydro spa Smile

you can pick your robe up at the complex 2 hours before kick-off

j/kj/k lol
footballcrazy08 Wrote:I don't know why opposing fans ALWAYS bring up the "WV Thing". Anyone who has ever been to Belfry knows that driving into WV takes about 5 minutes from Belfry High School. It isn't like we get players shipped in from Europe. Jeez...

because at belfry, "we're winners, and winners get to do whatever they want" LMAO Smile
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice to know it is better. The old press box at Vipperman was, well, old. There is no place you will go that will treat you better than the folks at Belfry will. The homemade candy is provided by Mrs. Brenda Phillips, widow of legendary Belfry PA announcer Steve Phillips. She and a group of ladies from their church, which Haywood attends, fixes it each week. Each member of the print or radio or TV media gets their own individual container of candy. Also, any film crew or others from a visiting school get one as well. The Pirettes, the school's representatives football, will take your food order for halftime and a stand-up cooler of drinks is provided.
Why do the visiting teams get less accomodations than the other Radio stations? I'm not knocking the system you have set up there but let me tell ya.

There is no emphasis on getting the visitor(at least when it's Russell) the stuff they need like a phone line.

All that fudge and stuff is great but it doesn't get the broadcast on the radio.
mrfootball03 Wrote:because at belfry, "we're winners, and winners get to do whatever they want" LMAO Smile

That is how people think though. :p
mrfootball03 Wrote:and a 45 minute deep tissue massage before & after game, and the hydro spa Smile

you can pick your robe up at the complex 2 hours before kick-off

j/kj/k lol

Hey, that is funny. Did I make it sound like Sandals resort, Ha Ha. Oh gosh, I was just pointing out how it is good to be treated at Belfry, unlike any other place. BTW, do not forget the five-course sit down meal provided with a fine wine list. Oh, sorry, that's what we call tailgating
russelldevils54 Wrote:not trying to start anything but wasnt their another really really good corner that you all had in 04 besides jones

Matt Maynard... moved to RB on defense the next season and was a really special player. One of the most explosive players to ever come trhough Belfry.

Belfry has another excellent CB this year in Andrew Elkins (also the QB) Elkins doesn't ahve the shear athleticism as Maynard and Jones but he rarely makes any mental errors on defense and is as sure of an open field tackler as you will find.
DevilsWin Wrote:Why do the visiting teams get less accomodations than the other Radio stations? I'm not knocking the system you have set up there but let me tell ya.

There is no emphasis on getting the visitor(at least when it's Russell) the stuff they need like a phone line.

All that fudge and stuff is great but it doesn't get the broadcast on the radio.

How unappreciative. I am in the press box every game. The sports director from East Ky. Broadcasting, Andrew Joyce, personally helped the Russell radio crew get on the air. The line was there the whole time,but it was not labeled properly and it was at the other end of the press box. It did take too long to find it, but it was found with the help of Andrew Joyce. Please tell the whole story and not bits and pieces. BTW, I know for a fact that radio equipment for cell, or any other way to transmit, would have been provided by EKB, had it come to that. I also know that most radio stations send backup plans for their broadcasters, such as cell phone equipment, should the original plans not work out.
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey, that is funny. Did I make it sound like Sandals resort, Ha Ha. Oh gosh, I was just pointing out how it is good to be treated at Belfry, unlike any other place. BTW, do not forget the five-course sit down meal provided with a fine wine list. Oh, sorry, that's what we call tailgating

There is always a five course meal sent to the pressbox for the visiting team..but due to the genious engineers that force all people going to the pressbox to walk through the crowds and not up an aisle.... the crew of people to the right featuring Jimbo, Jackie, et all typically takes their toll for passage and the only thing remaining is the dessert
bucslover68 Wrote:How unappreciative. I am in the press box every game. The sports director from East Ky. Broadcasting, Andrew Joyce, personally helped the Russell radio crew get on the air. The line was there the whole time,but it was not labeled properly and it was at the other end of the press box. It did take too long to find it, but it was found with the help of Andrew Joyce. Please tell the whole story and not bits and pieces. BTW, I know for a fact that radio equipment for cell, or any other way to transmit, would have been provided by EKB, had it come to that. I also know that most radio stations send backup plans for their broadcasters, such as cell phone equipment, should the original plans not work out.
I called Andrew and made a desperate plea for help. The other 2 radio guys could have cared less if we had any problems or not. The AD who assured me everything would be ok wasn't there and everyone else in the Press box was just shrugging their shoulders.

In 2004 we had the same problem, plus we got kicked outside and treaded extremely Rude. No one from the school wanted to help. My partner at the time said "we should just pack up and leave" before the game even started.

I had to run 60 feet of extension line and use a calling card on someone elses phone line. They had a booth but didn't show up.

No thanks to the staff at Belfry High School. Just to Andrew Joyce.

If you want details I got em.

Additionally, over 6 seasons Belfry is the only place we had this bad a problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24