Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Belfry - 49
Russell - 28
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, the original comment that Crossbones was replying to was this one, from cuppett777...

Crossbones then stated that Belfry beat them, but not as impressively. One would have to assume that the "them" he was speaking of was Pike Central, based on the context.

He has since said that it was not his intent to say Belfry's win over PC was not as impressive as Russell's, but that he was just being facetious. Which is fine.

Russell was in cruise controll last night after the first qtr Ivan broke out the victory cigar and sent in the the JFL team.Big Grin So yes there win was more impressive plus Russell had no trouble at all against West at there place. Sounds like West put up a pretty good fight against Belfry.
All joking aside this is going to be a tough game for both teams. I will give Belfry the advantage they are at home and they can draw from the JC win to bolster there confidence. Russell will have an uphill battle but I feel confident Ivan will have the boys ready to roll come this Friday night. GO RED DEVILS

With that being said this is a great 3A match up between two very successful football programs, you have two legendary coaches with over 300 wins each 5 state titles thrown in the mix.The game will be played at a great facility.

This is what high school football is all about.
Belfry 35, Russell 17.
Look West Carter is not that good. Belfry had their hands full with them. Next week Russell comes rolling in with a new attitude. Belfry goes down this week. Russell comes out and takes care of business. Starting to get their cocky attitude back. Thats when they are their best. Good luck to Russell and hope for injury free game. Then you can get another shot at Mason.
Boozer Wrote:Look West Carter is not that good. Belfry had their hands full with them. Next week Russell comes rolling in with a new attitude. Belfry go down this week. Russell comes out and takes care of business. Starting to get their cocky attitude back. Thats when they are their best. Good luck to Russell and hope for injury free game. Then you can get another shot at Mason.
WOW, Boozer, I take back all the things I have said on here about you!! You are correct about the ATTITUDE! Trust me the have plenty to share! Cool
jgrubby Wrote:WOW, Boozer, I take back all the things I have said on here about you!! You are correct about the ATTITUDE! Trust me the have plenty to share! Cool

And I havent had one all morning.Big Grin
Russell's coaches better shore up there offensive line for Belfry! If not they will never have a chance! They have some players that just cant cut it playing on the line! The right side for Abram's looks great, but you cant run the same play over and over and beat Belfry! They need to use Storm on the left and they will have a real chance of winning this game. You have to use misdirection to beat Belfry and Russell has not been able to do that all season long.
This game is to hard for me to choice, but whoever wins I don't think they will win by more than 1 td.
Belfry 41
Russell 13

Too much Belfry in this one. Anyone that puts stock in last nights game with West Carter is fooling themselves. Belfry is bigger, stronger, faster and fundamentality more sound than Russell. Just my honest opinion on this one. Not a homer pick. FWIW, Ive picked against Belfry many times, including last week and also the last time these two teams played but it would take a ton of things to happen for Russell to pull the upset in this one.
someone correct me if i am wrong,wasnt it RUSSELL that gave BELFRY there last lost at HOME,that in its self should get them fired up....go PIRATES...
wooderson Wrote:Belfry 41
Russell 13

Too much Belfry in this one. Anyone that puts stock in last nights game with West Carter is fooling themselves. Belfry is bigger, stronger, faster and fundamentality more sound than Russell. Just my honest opinion on this one. Not a homer pick. FWIW, Ive picked against Belfry many times, including last week and also the last time these two teams played but it would take a ton of things to happen for Russell to pull the upset in this one.

FINALLY!! A voice of reason. :Thumbs:
You guys will think I'm crazy but.....
Belfry 58
Russell 20
If belfry beats Russell then who do they most likelly play?
Belfry wins this game
Belfry-35
Russel-14 GO PIRATES i hope u guys take it all the way
belfryrocks Wrote:If belfry beats Russell then who do they most likelly play?

The winner of the Mason/Sheldon Clark game so most likely Mason.
Belfry
Anyone know if Russell or Belfry choose to work 1/2 of last week on each other as opposed to last night's oppenent?
I think that both defenses will determine who wins. Whoevers defense stops the other for the first time will end up winning. Russell will come out pumped up after their good win at PC and wanna take it to Belfry. Thats easier said than done, but I think Russell can do it. Belfry is playing at home and as I know its hard to go to CAM and come away with a win. Im not gonna predict any score but I think its gonna be very close, its a flip of a coin for me who wins, lets see, its tails and Ill go with Russell.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Anyone know if Russell or Belfry choose to work 1/2 of last week on each other as opposed to last night's oppenent?
Could you rephrase the question, don't get it?
schs_06 Wrote:if russel does win and sc wins were would they play at

The even numbered district school, since it is an even year.
Boozer Wrote:Look West Carter is not that good. Belfry had their hands full with them. Next week Russell comes rolling in with a new attitude. Belfry goes down this week. Russell comes out and takes care of business. Starting to get their cocky attitude back. Thats when they are their best. Good luck to Russell and hope for injury free game. Then you can get another shot at Mason.
Instead of looking at the uninspired First Half against West Carter, it would be wiser to look at what Belfry did to West Carter in the Third Quarter to get a true read on what the Pirates bring. Once Belfry got lit into at Halftime they responded with 27 points in the 3rd Quarter and forced WC to three and outs on each of their drives. Had the Pirates came out of the gate that way it would have been 40+ to 0 at Halftime.

If you want to base how Russell played WC then you are in for a rude awakening when you see Belfry Friday. Both teams are going to have their game face on for this one. I just personally feel that Belfry playing at full potential is still better than Russell at full potential.
jgrubby Wrote:Could you rephrase the question, don't get it?

He was asking did Russell use half of last week's preperations to get ready for Belfry's style, instead of gearing everything towards a Pike Central team that everyone knew the Devils were much better than. And vice versa for Belfry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Instead of looking at the uninspired First Half against West Carter, it would be wiser to look at what Belfry did to West Carter in the Third Quarter to get a true read on what the Pirates bring. Once Belfry got lit into at Halftime they responded with 27 points in the 3rd Quarter and forced WC to three and outs on each of their drives. Had the Pirates came out of the gate that way it would have been 40+ to 0 at Halftime.

If you want to base how Russell played WC then you are in for a rude awakening when you see Belfry Friday. Both teams are going to have their game face on for this one. I just personally feel that Belfry playing at full potential is still better than Russell at full potential.
Yes, but you have to realize this will also be a game fought mentally too. I have seen teams who should have won but beat themselves mentally. If one or the other makes a mistake the outcome could be decided.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Instead of looking at the uninspired First Half against West Carter, it would be wiser to look at what Belfry did to West Carter in the Third Quarter to get a true read on what the Pirates bring. Once Belfry got lit into at Halftime they responded with 27 points in the 3rd Quarter and forced WC to three and outs on each of their drives. Had the Pirates came out of the gate that way it would have been 40+ to 0 at Halftime.

All I can say is If you let W Carter play with you in the first half. Belfry has had it this week. Russell come to Belfry with an attitude. :eek:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He was asking did Russell use half of last week's preperations to get ready for Belfry's style, instead of gearing everything towards a Pike Central team that everyone knew the Devils were much better than. And vice versa for Belfry.
I would say no. Russell doesn't really deviate from the plan. Until backed into a corner. Like the Mercer game in 06 they moved to the power I and tried to force it up the middle and were succsessful in gaining yardage. But the mistake of passing did Russell in. They may attempt to load the box but Belfry is use to that. Who knows whats up Ivan's sleeve. I see a great game, Not a blowout like some think. Typical Russell-Belfry matchup. The game will only be in the teen's and the one with the most mistakes loses.

Russell- 17

Belfry- 12
I agree Grubby..... Ivan will have something ready.:Thumbs:
i know you cant compare scores,but you russell guys give belfry no credit,do you really think in your right minds your guys defence is better than johnson cental...point bank no way...
cuppett777 Wrote:i know you cant compare scores,but you russell guys give belfry no credit,do you really think in your right minds your guys defence is better than johnson cental...point bank no way...

Uh, Yes.
yea thats why asland blows you guys out and only scores 6on jc,wake up..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24