Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
cobra67 Wrote:Must not be too observant tonight.Why do you need $20.00?

NO... I don't need it!!! LMAO.... I guess I should say...

Can you hold on to $20.00 for more than a day????

Does that refresh your memory?
ryandamaste5 Wrote:Is it possible that this thread could be bigger than the JC Belfry thread?
This game means more than the JC game.
I am a huge Belfry fan. I live for football season here on Pondcreek. I love games like this one. What this game boils down to, is two teams with a tremendous amout of pride. tradition and two coaches that obviously know how to coach and win big games. I am sure both coaches will do their best to prepare their teams for a battle. This is one of those games that you can throw the records out the window, because its the playoffs now, and its a matter of pride. Its win or go home and get ready for basketball. I think that Belfry has an edge in this one. Going to the big game last year gives us a little more experence in big games and the desire to get back, will be the fuel to drive us to a VICTORY.

Belfry 35
Russell 20
Big Willie Wrote:I am a huge Belfry fan. I live for football season here on Pondcreek. I love games like this one. What this game boils down to, is two teams with a tremendous amout of pride. tradition and two coaches that obviously know how to coach and win big games. I am sure both coaches will do their best to prepare their teams for a battle. This is one of those games that you can throw the records out the window, because its the playoffs now, and its a matter of pride. Its win or go home and get ready for basketball. I think that Belfry has an edge in this one. Going to the big game last year gives us a little more experence in big games and the desire to get back, will be the fuel to drive us to a VICTORY.

Belfry 35
Russell 20

Welcome to BGR! :Thumbs:
cuppett777 Wrote:yea thats why asland blows you guys out and only scores 6on jc,wake up..

I personally dont think Belfry would have a problem with Ashland
belfry wins this one fairly easily. go pirates!!!

belfry-35
russell-14
Going to go with the Pirates in this one. It's tough to go into Pond Creek and come out with a W.
Belfry 34 - 14
I have been sitting back watching this thread and most of it is funny. Let's get one thing straight. Belfry was only flat defensively against WC. Belfry had the ball three times in the first half and they scored three times. The first team offense was not stopped and was only forced into a third down a couple of times. The D did give up some yards and two scores, but give WC credit, they came to play. The second half was dominated by the Pirates, and once again a team (WC), leaves their varsity in against Belfry's JV to get a couple of meaningless scores.

This week. Nothing less than a war for the first part of the game, then Belfry takes over. I really believe the key to the game is how well the Russell D plays. Belfry is explosive on O, and I think the Pirates O line will be the key for them. Turnovers and special teams, as always, will be big. In the end I do not believe the Devils have the weapons to beat Belfry. I believe they will make it a game and play Belfry tough early. In the end I like Belfry 28, Devils 14. BTW, to answer a previous question, the series, according to the Belfry program, which lists the all-time records versus each team, has Russell ahead 11-9.
Belfry 40 - 14
Okay, okay, here we go. Belfry WILL beat Russell this Friday night and it will not be pretty. The Junior and Senior Class for the Pirates remember the 06' game very well. They will be out for revenge! All the bashing and bickering is way far fetched. Yes West Carter did plan an excellent first half against the Pirates but did anyone catch a glance at the scoreboard at the END of the game? Belfry won. So just because a little miracle team came in and made a couple of big plays does not mean they were better than Belfry. If so, they would have kicked Belfry's tail all four quraters which has yet to be seen. So if you Russell fans HONESTLY think you can drive down to Cam Stadium and take a big "W" home with you than c'mon down!

-Jealousy is a sickness, GET WELL SOON RED DEVILS! Smile

Belfry 35 Russell 14
..I am shocked at some of Belfry fans' predictions of how this game turn out.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:..I am shocked at some of Belfry fans' predictions of how this game turn out.

Why are you shocked? What's the big deal?:confused:
Belfry 55-28
The first half of the ballgame Friday night at the CAM was a total let down of the players. The Pirates learned that they can't overlook anyone when you're on top of that mountain where everyone else wants to be.

Believe me the Pirates got the wake up call and will be ready to play when Russell comes a callin Friday night.

Russell is good but Belfry will pull away by the end of the 2nd quarter.

The Pirates O is too explosive to stop and that 3 headed monster in the backfield will run wild. Trust me there will not be a repeat of the West Carter game come Friday night. The Pirates want back at the Pizza Box and come this Friday night they will prove why they are still the #1 "overrated" 3A team in the state. Big Grin

"To be the man, you have to beat the man!" Sorry, Red Devils you don't have what it takes this year. Coach Haywood and his Pirates will show you just how "overrated" they are this Friday night when they send you home for basketball season.

No disrespect just speaking the facts here. Belfry is the better team and will prove that come Friday night.
From the sounds of things Russell should just forfiet this game and save them the embarrasment and fuel money.
Russell is playing great right now they are hitting on all cylinders.

Russell 28

Belfry 21:devilflam
footballcrazy08 Wrote:Why are you shocked? What's the big deal?:confused:

Two weeks ago Belfry, a great tradition and great program, was painted into a corner by JC fans who thought that their team could't lose and would dominate Belfry. The response? The Pirates came into Paintsville and outplayed the Eagles en route to a victory.

Now, Belfry is suddenly being picked to hang 40+ and when by 3+ TD's against a team who has histroically played Belfry tough every year.

Sounds to me alot like the week leading up to the State Finals last year. I figured all of us Belfry fans would have learned a lesson that game about voluntarily making your opponent the underdog, but I guess not.
Mueller 86 Wrote:Russell is playing great right now they are hitting on all cylinders.

Russell 28

Belfry 21:devilflam

Saturday you predicted Russell to win 35-14 :confused:
I would love to see Russell win...but I don't think they can. I think Belfry comes out and takes care of business.
footballcrazy08 Wrote:Okay, okay, here we go. Belfry WILL beat Russell this Friday night and it will not be pretty. The Junior and Senior Class for the Pirates remember the 06' game very well. They will be out for revenge! All the bashing and bickering is way far fetched. Yes West Carter did plan an excellent first half against the Pirates but did anyone catch a glance at the scoreboard at the END of the game? Belfry won. So just because a little miracle team came in and made a couple of big plays does not mean they were better than Belfry. If so, they would have kicked Belfry's tail all four quraters which has yet to be seen. So if you Russell fans HONESTLY think you can drive down to Cam Stadium and take a big "W" home with you than c'mon down!

-Jealousy is a sickness, GET WELL SOON RED DEVILS! Smile

Belfry 35 Russell 14

Why aren't you in class?
mrfootball03 Wrote:what about in 04' when the undefeated and invincible Josh Gross & Co. came struttin' into Belfry with that same Russell "Attitude" you talk about, and got demolished.. lol
We settled that one the next year in 2005.
DevilsWin Wrote:We settled that one the next year in 2005.

And 06 at the CAM.Big Grin
Crossbones Wrote:You are very knowledgeable of high school football and I usually agree with your post. I agree that Raceland is a good football team, but Grubby was saying they would beat JC. You can't be agreeing with that. Just because Ashland, rebounding against a lot lesser team than JC, put 400 yards on Dixie Heights, ( who is not a decent team, they are a 4-12 team), still doesn't take away from the fact that JC thumped them and Raceland beat them by 3. Scores comparing can be misleading, but sometimes you have to compare them.
4-12. That's 16 games already. Wow what a schedule!Smile
If I was a Russell fan I wouldn't look at the Belfry/West Carter game as a good thing. You guys ever had the game that you just didn't have your heads on straight and Ivan stays on you all week and you come out a new team on the next game?
I really don't think this Belfry team is overrated and I think they are the better team as long as they play their game. Belfry is better on the line this year than Russell and whoever is better on the line and makes the less mistake wins these games.
The last time Russell came to CAM they won but in all honesty most unbiased Belfry fans would tell you they had the better team no doubt. That team was the best team you guys have had in a long time, better than Gross and company.
In general the better team usually wins this game. In 2005 the two teams were pretty even but Belfry made big mistakes early. 2004 Belfry was better, 2006 Russell was better. The reason I believe the better team usually wins is because netiher team makes a ton of mistakes and these two coaches don't get outcoached, so it all comes to talent.
But the game is played on the field and not on paper, so only time will tell, but I believe Belfry will win the game. I say Belfry is ahead 14-7 at the half and wears Russell down a bit and wins 35-13.
DevilsWin Wrote:4-12. That's 16 games already. Wow what a schedule!Smile
That's what it would be if they played JC twice and Belfry 3 times.Big Grin
I already exlpained it once, that it was a miss type. And admitted I messed up. Won't explain it again.Wink
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Awwwwww...You don't feel welcomed in the press box..Least you are dry!!!TongueirateSho
It was the smell.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Two weeks ago Belfry, a great tradition and great program, was painted into a corner by JC fans who thought that their team could't lose and would dominate Belfry. The response? The Pirates came into Paintsville and outplayed the Eagles en route to a victory.

Now, Belfry is suddenly being picked to hang 40+ and when by 3+ TD's against a team who has histroically played Belfry tough every year.

Sounds to me alot like the week leading up to the State Finals last year. I figured all of us Belfry fans would have learned a lesson that game about voluntarily making your opponent the underdog, but I guess not.

So are you saying that you do not believe the Pirates will put 40+? If that's the case then fine that's your opinion just like it's MY opinion to say they will win by 3 TD's.

I do not question anyone elses predictions and believe mine should not be questioned either; unless you have a crystal ball beside your computer and can tell the future MR. CLEO ;o)
BTW on scheduling: Russell has played the tougher schedule, but Belfry's wins are more impressive. JC is obviously a better win than anybody on Russells schedule. I seen Boyd County scrimage Belfry and would say that the Sheldon Clark win for Belfry and the Boyd County win for Russell equals out. I really say Sheldon Clark is a bit better, but like said earlier they haven't faired well against teams that are any good.
But IMHO playing a tough schedule doesn't give you the edge. Pikeville played five brutal out of district games and got creamed in most of them. That doesn't make them better than Belfry because of the schedule.
BTW I'm not dishing Russell by saying that just comparing, Russells schedule was better but Belfry's victories were better, anybody disagree with that either way and your wearing blinders.
IRISH4 Wrote:Going to go with the Pirates in this one. It's tough to go into Pond Creek and come out with a W.
Unless you're wearing Russell Maroon and Gold.:devilflam
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24