Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Game is set to kickoff at 4:30PM Saturday, Dec. 7 at Kroger Field in Lexington.
This will be the best game all weekend and in my opinion, it is to close to call!
28-14 Boyle!
35-28 Johnson central. Go Eagles!!!!!
We all get the 4A Championship we have been waiting for. Going to be a great one.
This is going to be the Super Bowl no other game matters....
JC brings it home 21-14
Go Rebels. Bring home number 9!!!
Gonna be a lot of anticipation, preparation, smack, and probably a few time out this week haha. I’ll save my thoughts for later.
Gimme Boyle by 2 touchdowns!
BC-28
JC-14
Will Be There Watching This One As Well-Lord Willing--Got To Cheer On JC
Let’s go, Eagles. Had the flight booked two weeks ago. See all of JoCo this weekend!
JC 35
Boyle 18
I'm sure it wont always be the case, but man I love how the RPI system worked so well this year.
It really gave the best teams a chance to play.
Hopefully JC can bring another title home.

Matney has proven you can take a loser and turn it into a winner.
No other program has any excuses for not turning it around.
I’d love to see Johnson Central win this one but I’m gonna say Boyle County wins in a hard fought game 21-14.
Bolt Wrote:I'm sure it wont always be the case, but man I love how the RPI system worked so well this year.
It really gave the best teams a chance to play.
Hopefully JC can bring another title home.

Matney has proven you can take a loser and turn it into a winner.
No other program has any excuses for not turning it around.

Before Chuck Smith, Boyle Co was less than stellar.
This game is actually hard to figure out, if Johnson Central can have long time consuming drives and keep that potent Boyle County offense on the sidelines they have a chance. If they don’t Boyle will score and in a hurry.Both teams definitely deserve to be here how it turns out is going to be fun to watch. So good luck to both
JC will keep this close, and will be doing everything within the rules to punish Boyle county. This game, to me, can be anything to a barn burner, to a possible route by Boyle, even against a great JC team. Can the D line of JC put the pressure on the QB to disrupt things? No way you beat Boyle's athletes depending on your coverage alone, without some QB pressure. If Boyle had Bartelson, and a running game alone, I think JC can stop that and focus on him, just like they were able to do to Sloan last week. But Boyle isn't even close as one dimensional as Wayne. Every skill kid they've got is a nightmare to cover, and then Smith is a legit D1 talent. But Belfry punished these guys last year, beat them and broke them physically, then Corbin capitalized on it the very next game... However this year, there are no more high school games, this is the final. Boyle gets beat up some, but overall team speed probably wins out here. I don't know the score, but I do think Boyle wins with just speed and talent and a more diverse offense. JC has speed as well, but no one in the state has overall speed like Boyle. JC will be the more physical and tough team, IMO, but you can't always hit a guy who is running a 4.4, and multiple kids that can do that!
Boyle 42-24
Boyle 35 JC 14
This game has been hard to figure out for me all season long. We all knew this game was coming and I've played it out in my mind on who would win based on the game film that I've seen. I think Boyle County will win and I think it will be close. 38-26 Rebels!
Eagles win 35-28, both teams very special but JC is very physical
Looked to me tonight that both Reese Smith and Bartleson are not close to 100% right now. They need both to beat Johnson Central.
This game is going to be sooooo good!!!

Boyle 36
Johnson Central 36

Don't know who will win in OT!!!!!

Good luck to both teams, and special love for all the Seniors.
“It’s time for war”
know1 Wrote:Looked to me tonight that both Reese Smith and Bartleson are not close to 100% right now. They need both to beat Johnson Central.

I have no inside information but Smith seem to tweak his ankle. Still, his performance on a bad ankle beats about anybody's day on two good legs. :Thumbs:

I don't know that Bartelson was hurting or not. He seemed fine on defense and that's where he has been most of the season. I think Boyle feels their RB depth allows him to stay there rather carry the ball a lot. He has great speed but it seems that McDaniel and Sacco hit the holes better and see the opening quicker so I think the key will be him playing defense. :Thumbs:
I guess we'll see how they are on Saturday afternoon. 😉
FoSho Wrote:Before Chuck Smith, Boyle Co was less than stellar.

Down right Turrible as Charles Barkley would say.😁
know1 Wrote:Looked to me tonight that both Reese Smith and Bartleson are not close to 100% right now. They need both to beat Johnson Central.

Reese is probably 70%-80% but Will still be faster than anyone JC will have covering him, on the other hand Bartleson is completely healthy.
maximus73 Wrote:Eagles win 35-28, both teams very special but JC is very physical

Boyle will be just as physical as JC I’m sure Central would agree after last night’s game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14