Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Franklin Simpson must not have gotten that memo.

Honestly, imo, JC was more talented than FS both years they lost to them, but, they played very tight and uncomfortable in those matchups. They may be more talented overall than Boyle, but, if they play like they did in those games, Boyle will blow their doors off quickly. JC's biggest challenge will be between their ears, because regardless how good you've been throughout the season, this game on the big stage against great competition is a whole new ballgame. Matney needs to push the right buttons this week in getting those kids ready to play in this type game.

IMO, the 1st quarter will be very telling on how this game may playout. JC needs to play well early, get some confidence going and then just play their game. If they do that, they can certainly win this game. If they play poorly early or has a turnover or 2 and lets Boyle get up a couple of scores, it could be a long night.
It's almost on the verge of being stupid to even suggest that Franklin Simpson is anywhere close to the great Fort Thomas teams or some of the CovCath teams.....For one thing without Joe Jackson, JC had to have been an underdog in one of the FS games.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:According to CalPreps, Belfry is better than any team that Boyle County has played. So was Wayne County, although their starting QB went down early in their loss to JC.

Lexington Catholic and Central were the two best teams that Boyle Country has played but Central also lost their starting quarterback early in the loss to BC.

If Boyle County is the first real competition that Johnson Central will be facing, then the same must be said of Boyle County.

After looking at Boyle Co.'s schedule I have to agree. Any BC poster, or any other poster for that matter, that has the gall to even mention one word about JC schedule would be making an absolute fool out of themselves. Boyle Co.'s schedule is laughable.
Bob Seger Wrote:After looking at Boyle Co.'s schedule I have to agree. Any BC poster, or any other poster for that matter, that has the gall to even mention one word about JC schedule would be making an absolute fool out of themselves. Boyle Co.'s schedule is laughable.

Boyle County's opponents have a combined 80-84 Win/Loss record.

JC's opponents have a combined 87-75 Win/Loss record.
JC played Belfry & scrimmaged Bell County.... both are playing in the 3A state title game.
Boyle County is averaging 50.7 PPG.
Boyle County is allowing 9.4 PPG.
Boyle County has scored 710 points this season.
Boyle County has allowed 132 points this season.
That's a 578 point difference.

JC is averaging 46.8 PPG.
JC is allowing 9.6 PPG.
JC has scored 656 points this season.
JC has allowed 132 points this season.
That's a 524 point difference.
How many D1 players does Boyle have this year?
Boyle County has an 8-1 record in the state finals.
W: 1999 (2A), 2000 (2A), 2001 (3A), 2002 (3A), 2003 (3A), 2009 (4A), 2010 (4A) & 2017 (3A).
L: 2004 (3A)

JC has a 1-3 record in the state finals.
W: 2016 (4A)
L: 2015 (4A), 2017 (4A) & 2018 (4A).
After going back and forth I can't pick against the team that has Reese Smith on it. As much as I love Ryley Preece (IMO the most underrated player in 4A), Smith is just a special High School player and if the game comes down to one play I am going to expect Smith to make it.

Boyle County 34-30
One thing that keeps getting overlooked, IMO, is the fact that this is JC’s 5th straight title game appearance. QB Riley Preece, like a few have said, is probably the most underrated player in 4A, possibly the state. That boy has been the starting QB since he was a Freshman. I’m sure this group of Seniors for JC are just as hungry as Boyle’s. 2-2 in title games or 1-3. Which record would you rather have. You can bet your sweet ass JC is gonna come out fired up ready to play.
If Johnson Central can control the time of possession (ground and pound), I like their chances. I think this will be a great game to watch. Good luck to JC. Won't be easy for Paintsville or JC (and it shouldn't be), but I'd love to see both Johnson Central and Paintsville bring home the trophy.
This is going to be a great game IMO. I have no dog in this fight and I don't care who wins, but I do believe this is going to be a great game! I'm excited to watch this one, and I hope the other two I'll be watching will competitive as well. I hope all have safe travels and all the players come out of this weekend injury free! Good luck to everyone!!!
Josiewales Wrote:If Johnson Central can control the time of possession (ground and pound), I like their chances. I think this will be a great game to watch. Good luck to JC. Won't be easy for Paintsville or JC (and it shouldn't be), but I'd love to see both Johnson Central and Paintsville bring home the trophy.

This is pretty spot on JC needs to control the clock and tempo....however they’re gonna have to contain Boyle’s big play ability....your not gonna completely shut down the Boyle offense but you can still keep them out of the end zone....
I think this is going to be a great game and I consider it a toss up at this point. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I’m believe I’m done as far as I’m concerned y’all can discuss this game with each other the rest of the week, every time a Boyle fan says something positive about their team you get offended, I got to say the Corbin and Belfry fanbases are on another level.

I know you won’t miss me ��

I'm sure you'll be right back on here if Boyle Co. wins. The tell-all will be if you come back on here if they lose?
Rooting for JC in this one.

JC 28
Boyle 21
Heck, I love a good underdog win, so i'll go with Boyle by 2 scores!!
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm sure you'll be right back on here if Boyle Co. wins. The tell-all will be if you come back on here if they lose?

Not so much Jack, he’s usually pretty fair and balanced, but what happens to a certain other Boyle poster if Central wins? Does he commit seppuku? Join a monastery in shame? Good for him, he knows that couldn’t POSSIBLY happen...right?
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm sure you'll be right back on here if Boyle Co. wins. The tell-all will be if you come back on here if they lose?

I’d be shocked if Boyle Co loses and Jack doesn’t come back to congratulation the JC faithful he was one of the first to congratulate us last year...

Will you if JC loses? I believe Jack came back on here after Boyle didn’t even make the finals last year. I am a Boyle fan but I agree with a poster above I think this game Is a coin flip. Two great teams and should be a battle. My only question about both teams is are they both healthy?
Jack is still posting just not on here to many JC people for him I guess lol.
Good Luck JC!
How many of you believe that Boyle County has already faced and beaten stronger defenses than they will face in the championship game? Such as the team that returned one starter this season or the team that gave up 38 points to Conner as they bowed out of the playoffs in round 2?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:How many of you believe that Boyle County has already faced and beaten stronger defenses than they will face in the championship game? Such as the team that returned one starter this season or the team that gave up 38 points to Conner as they bowed out of the playoffs in round 2?

I think personally that Louisville Central program that Boyle faced last weekend, came in with a win attitude. They were written off this year, gotten better all season and like they do(there history speaks for itself defensively)defensively knew all they could do is slow the game and hope for the best. Is Johnson Central better defensively, Your dang right they are. I love defense. I personally think defense is what wins championships. I also think matchups play a key role in how teams win in a particular game. I know in these championship games, its the nerves that play a big roll as well. I have looked at scores like Johnson Central and Boyle puts up in the regular season and when it gets to the championship, it wont be half that. Nerves, opponent, great coaching, atmosphere and a team on the other side wanting what your wanting.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Will you if JC loses? I believe Jack came back on here after Boyle didn’t even make the finals last year. I am a Boyle fan but I agree with a poster above I think this game Is a coin flip. Two great teams and should be a battle. My only question about both teams is are they both healthy?

Actually I believe most Boyle posters, even one some seem to think is over the top, came back on here last year and congratulated Corbin, may have took a couple days but no one likes to lose...Really looking forward to this game I’ve got a pick but not at all sure it’s the one who can pull it off...will be one of if not the most competitive game of the weekend in my opinion...good luck to both teams on a injury free game...
Bull got out! Wrote:I think personally that Louisville Central program that Boyle faced last weekend, came in with a win attitude. They were written off this year, gotten better all season and like they do(there history speaks for itself defensively)defensively knew all they could do is slow the game and hope for the best. Is Johnson Central better defensively, Your dang right they are. I love defense. I personally think defense is what wins championships. I also think matchups play a key role in how teams win in a particular game. I know in these championship games, its the nerves that play a big roll as well. I have looked at scores like Johnson Central and Boyle puts up in the regular season and when it gets to the championship, it wont be half that. Nerves, opponent, great coaching, atmosphere and a team on the other side wanting what your wanting.

Yep I think you could question different aspects of both these teams games but this is prolly the one for sure game everyone has seen coming since August, two Mack trucks getting ready to collide on Kroger field high school football don’t get any better than this...
Bull got out! Wrote:I think personally that Louisville Central program that Boyle faced last weekend, came in with a win attitude. They were written off this year, gotten better all season and like they do(there history speaks for itself defensively)defensively knew all they could do is slow the game and hope for the best. Is Johnson Central better defensively, Your dang right they are. I love defense. I personally think defense is what wins championships. I also think matchups play a key role in how teams win in a particular game. I know in these championship games, its the nerves that play a big roll as well. I have looked at scores like Johnson Central and Boyle puts up in the regular season and when it gets to the championship, it wont be half that. Nerves, opponent, great coaching, atmosphere and a team on the other side wanting what your wanting.
I agree and I believe that Boyle County has the best offense and best defense of any team that Johnson Central has faced this season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree and I believe that Boyle County has the best offense and best defense of any team that Johnson Central has faced this season.

I agree, I know that Johnson Central was no doubt the team from the East side of the state, the question was could anyone take the spot from them and the answer is no. Johnson Central has anchored themselves as the Team to beat. I was watching a Mountain sports special on Johnson Centrals Coach Matney and the team. I really like Mr. Matney.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Will you if JC loses? I believe Jack came back on here after Boyle didn’t even make the finals last year. I am a Boyle fan but I agree with a poster above I think this game Is a coin flip. Two great teams and should be a battle. My only question about both teams is are they both healthy?

And why wouldn't I? It's a game played by kids, and I don't personally have a dog in the fight.
Ballbuster Wrote:Jack is still posting just not on here to many JC people for him I guess lol.
I see.

Doesn't say much for intestinal fortitude, now does it?
Bob Seger Wrote:I see.

Doesn't say much for intestinal fortitude, now does it?

And just think, you two were so close to changing each others minds on who the best team is.:eyeroll:
single shot Wrote:Actually I believe most Boyle posters, even one some seem to think is over the top, came back on here last year and congratulated Corbin, may have took a couple days but no one likes to lose...Really looking forward to this game I’ve got a pick but not at all sure it’s the one who can pull it off...will be one of if not the most competitive game of the weekend in my opinion...good luck to both teams on a injury free game...

Is that the same one who publicly stated he didn't want to stay in the discussion? For no logical reason?

:popcorn:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14