Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Jack Lambert Wrote:Just my opinion but I don’t think JC has seen a passing game like Boyle’s.

That’s not an opinion that’s a fact jack!! No way to prepare for it physically either. You can’t simulate speed and quickness in practice on a practical level anyways.

At the same time though, I don’t think Boyle has seen a rushing attack like JC’s either though. While it’s easier to prepare for than what JC has to do, it all comes down to both knowing assignments and executing them.
This game has the feel of a heavyweight MMA or Boxing title match.

Two prior champions with Knockout power in either hand and they both have ability to land a quick submission hold.

Do not leave this game in the hands of the judges, do not let this fight go the full 12 rounds....... get the 1st round KO or TKO. Make their corner throw in the towel, have the ringside doctor stop the fight.

Three penalties (a holding call when JC has the ball on the Nutter field house end zone side, then having an INT. returned for a TD & a Kickoff return for a TD called back on penalties) cost JC the 4A state title last year vs. Franklin-Simpson.
Hound05 Wrote:That’s not an opinion that’s a fact jack!! No way to prepare for it physically either. You can’t simulate speed and quickness in practice on a practical level anyways.

At the same time though, I don’t think Boyle has seen a rushing attack like JC’s either though. While it’s easier to prepare for than what JC has to do, it all comes down to both knowing assignments and executing them.

Sheesh, in that case, and I hate to do it, but I guess I'll have to volunteer a couple of days of my time as a simulatator for the guys to prepare for such extremism of power and lightnin' quickness.

It's always something!!:Shaking::Shaking:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This game has the feel of a heavyweight MMA or Boxing title match.

Two prior champions with Knockout power in either hand and they both have ability to land a quick submission hold.

Do not leave this game in the hands of the judges, do not let this fight go the full 12 rounds....... get the 1st round KO or TKO. Make their corner throw in the towel, have the ringside doctor stop the fight.

Three penalties (a holding call when JC has the ball on the Nutter field house end zone side, then having an INT. returned for a TD & a Kickoff return for a TD called back on penalties) cost JC the 4A state title last year vs. Franklin-Simpson.
I watched the games on YouTube, trying to get a feel for Johnson Central, I haven’t got to see them in person or on film this year. I thought the same thing. A play here, a play there, and they win. In the Championship games. No doubt about it. Very good team.
Bob Seger Wrote:Sheesh, in that case, and I hate to do it, but I guess I'll have to volunteer a couple of days of my time as a simulatator for the guys to prepare for such extremism of power and lightnin' quickness.

"Just take those old records off the shelf . . ." :biglmao:
Bob Seger Wrote:Sheesh, in that case, and I hate to do it, but I guess I'll have to volunteer a couple of days of my time as a simulatator for the guys to prepare for such extremism of power and lightnin' quickness.

Like I tell my son all the time Bob, if it ain’t one thing it’s another!!!
Bull got out! Wrote:I watched the games on YouTube, trying to get a feel for Johnson Central, I haven’t got to see them in person or on film this year. I thought the same thing. A play here, a play there, and they win. In the Championship games. No doubt about it. Very good team.

Where did you watch JC's games on YouTube? I only found highlights of games on MaxPreps.

Nevermind. You were talking about last year's title game.
Hatz Wrote:"Just take those old records off the shelf . . ." :biglmao:

Well Hatz, you're too good of a guy for me to lie to. There have been occasions where I'd have to "sit and listen to them by myself".

:Sad04:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Like I tell my son all the time Bob, if it ain’t one thing it’s another!!!

You're lucky then Jack..

I have 3 of them. For me it was always "if it aint one thing, it's 32".

Confusednicker: Your gonna have to stop it Bob your having to much fun....

Wellllllll...... I’m sure either team will take what they can get from whomever, just remember to stretch.
I know Wilson Kelly gets a lot of publicity as a dominant force on the defensive line (which he 100% deserves) but I wanted to give a shot out to one of the guys he will be going up against. JC’s center Andrew Clifton is one of the most underrated offensive linemen in the state. He has worked his tail off to improve over the past 4 years and I am sure he is looking forward to going up against one of the best players in the state. Be on the look out for Clifton because he is as solid as they come on the offensive line.
I feel like Smith will be used as a decoy and the other 5-6 receivers will have big games. You can’t just take away one weapon on this Boyle team especially in the passing game. Smith is special but so are the others. If JC doesn’t get to the QB and they play man to man on the receivers and if Boyle doesn’t stop the JC run this game could be a shootout. This is gonna be the best offense either teams defense has face by FAR. No offense to the others on the schedule but they don’t stack up to what these 2 bring to the table. Both teams do what they do to perfection not just good but down right almost perfect! I can’t wait!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This game has the feel of a heavyweight MMA or Boxing title match.

Two champion boxers but different. Neither corner is gonna throw the towel in on this one. It’s just not in their blood.

One boxer uses its strength to consistently land body blows to break the opponent down, hoping they’ll lower their guard so they can land a killer hit.

The other relies on its speed to keep getting quick hitters. Has multiple combos it can throw against an opponent, and like the first landing a knockout when the opponent lets his guard down.

Lucky for us fans, this one can’t be decided by the judges and at the end the score card will show who the champ is.
blackandgold4life Wrote:I feel like Smith will be used as a decoy and the other 5-6 receivers will have big games. You can’t just take away one weapon on this Boyle team especially in the passing game. Smith is special but so are the others. If JC doesn’t get to the QB and they play man to man on the receivers and if Boyle doesn’t stop the JC run this game could be a shootout. This is gonna be the best offense either teams defense has face by FAR. No offense to the others on the schedule but they don’t stack up to what these 2 bring to the table. Both teams do what they do to perfection not just good but down right almost perfect! I can’t wait!

I agree you can’t just take away Smith and still have a good shot at winning, like you said too many other talented kids at the WR spot. But I disagree in general about the one weapon part. If you shut down the QB, or slow him by constant and heavy pressure, switching up where it’s coming from, you give yourself a solid chance. Actually a pretty favorable chance. Boyles run game and offense isn’t designed to be one dimensional. It’s easier said than done, but it can be done.

Hound05 Wrote:Two champion boxers but different. Neither corner is gonna throw the towel in on this one. It’s just not in their blood.

One boxer uses its strength to consistently land body blows to break the opponent down, hoping they’ll lower their guard so they can land a killer hit.

The other relies on its speed to keep getting quick hitters. Has multiple combos it can throw against an opponent, and like the first landing a knockout when the opponent lets his guard down.

Lucky for us fans, this one can’t be decided by the judges and at the end the score card will show who the champ is.
Good breakdown of the fighters.

My comparisons

Johnson Central
Boxer - Mid-Late 80's Iron Mike Tyson. Vicious KO power that can come from out of nowhere & a defense that will have you swinging at air.
MMA Fighter - Mid 00's Anderson Silva. World Class Muay Thai striking and a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Anderson had some of the best body striking using his knees from the clinch that the MMA world has ever seen.

Boyle County
Boxer - Sugar Ray Leonard. KO'ing people with overwhelming speed & power. Can hit you about 5 times before you realize you are in a fight.
MMA Fighter - Mid 00's Georges St. Pierre. Crazy Athletic & can win by KO or submission.

When I said not to leave this in the hands off the judges... I was implying not to let this game come down to needing a field goal to win or needing a TD to win by having to have a 90+ yard drive.
J. Central 42
Boyle Co 35
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Good breakdown of the fighters.

When I said not to leave this in the hands off the judges... I was implying not to let this game come down to needing a field goal to win or needing a TD to win by having to have a 90+ yard drive.

I know bud. I had to figure in a way to get that part in there hah
JC beats BC 31-28. JC line both ways will be the difference. Good luck Eagles !
blackandgold4life Wrote:I feel like Smith will be used as a decoy and the other 5-6 receivers will have big games. You can’t just take away one weapon on this Boyle team especially in the passing game. Smith is special but so are the others. If JC doesn’t get to the QB and they play man to man on the receivers and if Boyle doesn’t stop the JC run this game could be a shootout. This is gonna be the best offense either teams defense has face by FAR. No offense to the others on the schedule but they don’t stack up to what these 2 bring to the table. Both teams do what they do to perfection not just good but down right almost perfect! I can’t wait!

Boyle's receiving corps is quality no doubt, but Reese Smith is truly special.

If Boyle tried to use Smith as a decoy it would be the worst decision they could make. In a game this big you want to get the ball in the hands of probably the best player on the field as many times as possible.

They may not force feed him, but there is no doubt they are going to give Smith more than ample chances to make the big play.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Boyle's receiving corps is quality no doubt, but Reese Smith is truly special.

If Boyle tried to use Smith as a decoy it would be the worst decision they could make. In a game this big you want to get the ball in the hands of probably the best player on the field as many times as possible.

They may not force feed him, but there is no doubt they are going to give Smith more than ample chances to make the big play.

Watching online, Reese looked a bit gimpy the last few games.
know1 Wrote:Watching online, Reese looked a bit gimpy the last few games.

Just the last one. I think he tweaked his ankle early in the Central game.

Of course if gimpy means 4 catches for 102 yards and 1 TD and outrunning the secondary more than a few times, I'll take it. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Just the last one. I think he tweaked his ankle early in the Central game.

Of course if gimpy means 4 catches for 102 yards and 1 TD and outrunning the secondary more than a few times, I'll take it. :Thumbs:

No doubt he's still performing for sure.

But I think he even looked more gimpy in the Lex Cath game the week before.
know1 Wrote:No doubt he's still performing for sure.

But I think he even looked more gimpy in the Lex Cath game the week before.

He hurt his ankle the week before Madison Southern and played limited time over the next couple of weeks.

I thought he looked fine until last week. But I think he'll probably be ready to go this week. :Thumbs:
I'm pulling for JC, but I think Boyle will be a little to much. 31-20.
How bout it Boyle County fans. Is this how y’all do pep rallies? Who is this ass clown?

Redneck Wrote:How bout it Boyle County fans. Is this how y’all do pep rallies? Who is this ass clown?

I keep getting a video of some idiot bail bondsman?
Redneck Wrote:How bout it Boyle County fans. Is this how y’all do pep rallies? Who is this ass clown?

Nevermind after trying it a different way I got it. Don’t know who that was? I can see why people would get offended. But he’s talking a a middle school to a bunch of kids. So while I don’t think it’s really that disrespectful, Because it’s more or less joking around I guess, I do think it’s slightly classless. Overall to me though, not that much of an issue. I’m sure much worse has been said on here before from both sides.
You can tell the BC guys to his right and left didn’t like that comment.

Matney and his players will definitely take that one personally. Not a good look for that guy either.
Boyle County has the best quarterback, the best receivers, the best kicker. Boyle wins 38-24.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14