Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Hatz Wrote::lmao: I’m with the good guys but I’m not shivering. :dontthink

Optical illusion, on your part.

These Eagle boys will be pouring "out of the cornfields where the woods get heavy" on a seek and destroy mission....You best be grateful that this game will be played in the daylight, trust me, ya'll want no part of their vast arsenal of Night Moves.
My thoughts on the pep rally. I do not agree with what was said and nor would I say anything like that. I apologize to anybody that is offended by it and sorry it was ever said. I'm curious as to how anybody needs this to get them fired up anymore than playing for a State Championship this weekend?
single shot Wrote:It’s in bad taste sure but I’m also sure the guy didn’t realize it was gonna be recorded for everyone to see, still don’t make it right but I’d say he never dreamed anyone from JC or anywhere else would ever see or hear it...Thing is while the Boyle Co / Danville area is flatter there’s not a big difference unless it’s changed drastically since last time I was up that way, A whole lot of farm land with hay and tobacco wagons setting around everywhere...Unless your in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green etc Kentucky don’t change much with the exception of some geographical features...

You’re exactly right most of the people in Boyle are as country as they come, I’ve been labeled a Redneck most of my life and I probably fit that label as well as anyone��

In all Seriousness I work for Boyle County schools and believe me when I say his views doesn’t represent the views of the rest of the people in the county, I have kin-folk In eastern Kentucky and back thru the family tree I’m related to Randall MCcoy as far as I’m concerned we all just good old country folks.
Bob Seger Wrote:There is more than one video with different people involved, Hatz.

Can you link the other videos? I’m only aware of one.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You’re exactly right most of the people in Boyle are as country as they come, I’ve been labeled a Redneck most of my life and I probably fit that label as well as anyone😁

In all Seriousness I work for Boyle County schools and believe me when I say his views doesn’t represent the rest of the people in the county, I have kin-folk In eastern Kentucky and back thru the family tree I’m related to Randall MCcoy as far as I’m concerned we all just good old country folks.

Hmmm, ever been to the stomping grounds of your ancestors, the Blackberry area of Pike County?
Boyle has a great tradition, great team, and great coaches. These comments however are spot on how most fans from Boyle I have ran across, or interacted with; Uppity to say the least. Take some time and read the comments on here half the time, are insults towards other lowly programs. Whatever floats your boat. JC is a much different kind of country than those in Boyle County. Boyle to me wins the game but lets not be naive to those who think they are better than others actually saying it out loud once in a while.
BCHSrebs Wrote:It's pep rally with young kids and people saying stuff there have no bearing on this game. Thicken up to skin. The boys there play have influence on this game, not words from those that don't. Players decidw

More insulted by the one who said they couldn’t even count to 100. When you’ve fought EKy stereotypes your entire life PRECISELY because of people who think like that administrator, it will rub you wrong. Telling me, or Johnson County people (I’m from Pikeville) to get thicker skin shows you don’t even understand what was wrong about what they said in that rally. It’s one thing to say you’re gonna beat the brakes off a team, but to perpetuate a stereotype to a bunch of middle schoolers and others, makes them part of the PROBLEM and continues to reinforce the stereotype.

Hopefully, since we all can’t count to 100 or come out of the holler to get good interweb signal because our horses are tired from plowing our hardscrabble cornfields and tobaccy fields in the side of a mountain while dealing with our barefoot and pregnant wives, this message explaining stereotypes will suffice.
I’m ol’ Pike Co.Holler boy for 32 years and I’m about as proud of that as can be!! As far as counting to 100 goes, with the new adding contraption on the new beepers they make these days, who needs to count!! If what was said, by whoever said it offends you, then you should probably never have any kind of human contact again, because anything said by anyone offends you!! Oh & one more word of advice, stay off the da#n internet!
Bob Seger Wrote:Optical illusion, on your part.

These Eagle boys will be pouring "out of the cornfields where the woods get heavy" on a seek and destroy mission....You best be grateful that this game will be played in the daylight, trust me, ya'll want no part of their vast arsenal of Night Moves.

Bob you’re having way too much fun if you don’t ease up your gonna be headed off to Fire Lake.😁
Didn't Johnson Central win the last Governor's Cup?

Terrible look for the Boyle County Administration....
Bob Seger Wrote:Hmmm, ever been to the stomping grounds of your ancestors, the Blackberry area of Pike County?

Once when I was a youngan, when I was a kid Dad use to take the family east every year for visits and as he got older the trips grew less and it’s sad to say but theirs family that I used to see yearly that I haven’t seen since I was a kid.
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:I’m ol’ Pike Co.Holler boy for 32 years and I’m about as proud of that as can be!! As far as counting to 100 goes, with the new adding contraption on the new beepers they make these days, who needs to count!! If what was said, by whoever said it offends you, then you should probably never have any kind of human contact again, because anything said by anyone offends you!! Oh & one more word of advice, stay off the da#n internet!

I'm in a holler in a different county, but I can count to 100 in English and Spanish. Can you believe that? I can also speak a little German Smile . Seriously Boyle County has some fine folks like you'd see in any other county.
Hatz Wrote:Can you link the other videos? I’m only aware of one.

I'm sure there are some on here that can. I've seen them, but don't know that I would know where to access them...Anyone?
When I was a kid a lot of kids and adults would insult each other by saying you need to be sent to Danville.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Bob you’re having way too much fun if you don’t ease up your gonna be headed off to Fire Lake.😁

Ahh, the land of "those bronze beauties, lying in the sun"...:Clap:
pjdoug Wrote:When I was a kid a lot of kids and adults would insult each other by saying you need to be sent to Danville.

I was always told when I was a kid, that if I didn't straighten up and fly right, that is where I'd wind up when I died.

:devilflam:devilflam
PHSFAN Wrote:Didn't Johnson Central win the last Governor's Cup?

Terrible look for the Boyle County Administration....
Yes, they did and Johnson County Middle School has won the most middle school state titles in the history of the Governor's Cup competition by a wide margin. JC usually places in the top tier but competition at the high school level is much stiffer.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Once when I was a youngan, when I was a kid Dad use to take the family east every year for visits and as he got older the trips grew less and it’s sad to say but theirs family that I used to see yearly that I haven’t seen since I was a kid.

I can relate to that. My mom passed a couple of years ago and that took a heavy toll on family get together activities.

A lot of the historical sites involving the feud have been preserved, of both on the Hatfield clan (Grapevine area) and the McCoys (Blackberry).
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm sure there are some on here that can. I've seen them, but don't know that I would know where to access them...Anyone?

I saw one that was about counting and education.

Then I saw the other at Boyle Elementary that mentioned sending the Eagles back to the hollers crying.

Those two individuals are far from several.

I’m not going to defend what was said. It was stupid, arrogant and wrong.
Hatz Wrote:I saw one that was about counting and education.

Then I saw the other at Boyle Elementary that mentioned sending the Eagles back to the hollers crying.

Those two individuals are far from several.
I have seen three of them. Didn't say there was several, said there was more than one.
So we have a Hatfield and a McCoy that are Boyle posters on here.

I ate the the Hatfield and McCoy dinner theater in Pigeon Forge and they asked which side would I like to set on. Had to choose the Kentucky boys. Also thinking about running the Hatfield-McCoy half marathon in 2020.
Rebel55 Wrote:So we have a Hatfield and a McCoy that are Boyle posters on here.

I ate the the Hatfield and McCoy dinner theater in Pigeon Forge and they asked which side would I like to set on. Had to choose the Kentucky boys. Also thinking about running the Hatfield-McCoy half marathon in 2020.

Wouldn't you like to see the repulicans and the democrats follow suit of the Hatfields/McCoys and get along and work together for awhile?
Perpetuating hillbilly stereotypes has real consequences. I remember my elementary school in central Ohio soliciting old shoes, books, and canned goods to send to eastern Kentucky. There was a widespread impression among school children and teachers that many people were too poor to afford shoes. Add in shows like the Beverly Hillbillies and the media's practice of seeking out the poorest, least educated with the fewest teeth among us to feature in national stories and it is little wonder that large companies are so reluctant to locate new businesses there.
I wonder if the Paintsville folks have noticed that Johnson County includes them too...
Well coming from an outsider who lives in the county with the highest mountains and the deepest hollers, allow me to say that Boyle has a representation here of some of the best most passionate fans in the state. They also have some of the most perfect butt holes, too. The identical thing could be said about Johnson Central. The same SHOULD be said of Harlan County.

I have so enjoyed this thread and the banter and debating. Tomorrow's game is going to be one for the ages.

Prayers for safe travels and safe play!!! Stay warm, stay dry and eat well!!!
Diogenes Wrote:I wonder if the Paintsville folks have noticed that Johnson County includes them too...
I remember the irony of Bourbon County players calling Johnson Central players hicks and hayseeds while their head coach from Paintsville, Chuke Williams, walked up and down their sidelines.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Perpetuating hillbilly stereotypes has real consequences. I remember my elementary school in central Ohio soliciting old shoes, books, and canned goods to send to eastern Kentucky. There was a widespread impression among school children and teachers that many people were too poor to afford shoes. Add in shows like the Beverly Hillbillies and the media's practice of seeking out the poorest, least educated with the fewest teeth among us to feature in national stories and it is little wonder that large companies are so reluctant to locate new businesses there.

Isn't it ironic that half of Ohio, Michigan and Indiana are eastern Kentucky migrants that went north looking for work?
pjdoug Wrote:When I was a kid a lot of kids and adults would insult each other by saying you need to be sent to Danville.

That’s because there’s a youth facility up there or used to be...Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I remember the irony of Bourbon County players calling Johnson Central players hicks and hayseeds while their head coach from Paintsville, Chuke Williams, walked up and down their sidelines.

And on top of that, their current head girls basketball coach that just took over the reins at Bourbon just moved there from Paintsville/Johnson Co.
I still can’t forget Highlands was able to play Boyle for three quarters and still keep game in I
doubt until 4th quarter when Highlands D was gassed from being on field all night do to terrible highlands offense. Because of that I have to lean towards JC in this game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14