Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Jack Lambert Wrote:Reese is probably 70%-80% but Will still be faster than anyone JC will have covering him, on the other hand Bartleson is completely healthy.

Hoping he still is today cause watching him last night he looked like he couldn’t hardly walk at the end of the game but he made several incredible catches. Can Boyle win if not completely healthy? Last year at Corbin is concerning to me.
Is Bryce Tackett definitely out for the season or is there a chance that he will be available next week? I know that he was injured in the Belfry game but I never heard how serious his injury was. (Tackett was JC's starting fullback during the regular season.) Dillon Preston, Cody Rice, and Devin Johnson form a great backfield, but it would be great if Tackett was available if needed.
I was shocked last night to not see Boyle win in a blowout. They are human. I still think they win this one.
mysonis55 Wrote:I was shocked last night to not see Boyle win in a blowout. They are human. I still think they win this one.

Central had a fast defense and matched up well with the Rebels WR corps. But Boyle Co was very vanilla last night.

Now the fun starts.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Is Bryce Tackett definitely out for the season or is there a chance that he will be available next week? I know that he was injured in the Belfry game but I never heard how serious his injury was. (Tackett was JC's starting fullback during the regular season.) Dillon Preston, Cody Rice, and Devin Johnson form a great backfield, but it would be great if Tackett was available if needed.

I think he was in on a few plays against Wayne Co.
Bob Seger Wrote:I think he was in on a few plays against Wayne Co.
Thanks, Bob. He wasn't in the players list in the stats for the Wayne County game. (I thought that I had heard his name mentioned in a recent game.) I'm glad that he will be suited up for next week's game.
JC QB Riley Preece leading Eagles to four straight title games really impressive. The experienced Preece leads JC to 28-21 win.
FoSho Wrote:Central had a fast defense and matched up well with the Rebels WR corps. But Boyle Co was very vanilla last night.

Now the fun starts.

I thought Boyle had a very conservative game plan last night too.
I think the big difference Saturday will be Boyle’s speed advantage on both sides of the ball.
I see this game as a toss up but I think that either team is capable of winning in a blowout. If Johnson Central's lines are as dominant they have been all season, then I like the Golden Eagles' chances because this may be the most talented, experienced, and balanced Johnson Central backfield ever.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Thanks, Bob. He wasn't in the players list in the stats for the Wayne County game. (I thought that I had heard his name mentioned in a recent game.) I'm glad that he will be suited up for next week's game.

Just going by what I was told Hoot. I asked someone who has a son playing on the team yesterday before the MNH game, on his status.
I haven't seen Johnson Central play but if they can beat Boyle, they have one heck of a team. It will take a lot to stop the Rebel seniors this year.
Bob Seger Wrote:Just going by what I was told Hoot. I asked someone who has a son playing on the team yesterday before the MNH game of his status.
:Thumbs: I was not disagreeing with you, Bob. I thought that I had heard his name called during a game after his injury by the WSIP crew and what you said confirmed it. If he is healthy, I hope that he gets a chance to make an impact against Boyle County.
FoSho Wrote:Central had a fast defense and matched up well with the Rebels WR corps. But Boyle Co was very vanilla last night.

Now the fun starts.

Jack Lambert Wrote:I thought Boyle had a very conservative game plan last night too.

Yeah, kind of like the wet field Boyle County played on let year.
Westside Wrote:Yeah, kind of like the wet field Boyle County played on let year.

And once again, you're a mod. I'm thinking your job is to MODERATE not INSTIGATE.

But to each his own.

Everyone else is playing nice and being cool.
The Game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnson Central 49
Boyle County 42

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:The Game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnson Central 49
Boyle County 42

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

As potent as both offense are, I find it hard to believe that either defense will give up that many points.

28 is the most Boyle has given up in a game and Johnson Central has only given up 29 in a game before. :Thumbs:
This was the type of game Boyle needed to get ready to play Johnson Central. Both teams were very physical with some tremendous hits both ways. For this type game I thought the sportsmanship was very good. A lot of mutual respect between them.
Hatz Wrote:As potent as both offense are, I find it hard to believe that either defense will give up that many points.

28 is the most Boyle has given up in a game and Johnson Central has only given up 29 in a game before. :Thumbs:

I agree. I look for JC to try and control the clock with sustained drives.
FoSho Wrote:I agree. I look for JC to try and control the clock with sustained drives.

That will be JC’s best defense to try and keep Boyle’s offense off the field, I don’t think JC will have the speed on defense to slow Boyle’s offense down.
FoSho Wrote:And once again, you're a mod. I'm thinking your job is to MODERATE not INSTIGATE.

But to each his own.

Everyone else is playing nice and being cool.

Once again you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Westside Wrote:Once again you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I know what you are. And I know you don't act like it. This isn't the first time you've trolled me for no reason. At least be man enough to admit it.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I see this game as a toss up but I think that either team is capable of winning in a blowout. If Johnson Central's lines are as dominant they have been all season, then I like the Golden Eagles' chances because this may be the most talented, experienced, and balanced Johnson Central backfield ever.

Most games are won in the trenches and for me that would be hard to bet against JC. I think you give JC the advantage there and give BC skill players the advantage in that category. I think JC is every bit as good as BC so that makes this game a must see. I feel both teams will leave it all on the field I hope for an injury free game. No matter who wins both teams have had great seasons.
I would really like to catch this game also. I’ve heard a LOT of talk about how explosive Boyle is but haven’t seen them. Sounds like this will be a heck of a game!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I would really like to catch this game also. I’ve heard a LOT of talk about how explosive Boyle is but haven’t seen them. Sounds like this will be a heck of a game!

All of their home games are on YouTube.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Most games are won in the trenches and for me that would be hard to bet against JC. I think you give JC the advantage there and give BC skill players the advantage in that category. I think JC is every bit as good as BC so that makes this game a must see. I feel both teams will leave it all on the field I hope for an injury free game. No matter who wins both teams have had great seasons.

Are Boyle’s Lineman really that inferior? There are two D Lineman that have been offered or have Division 1 Scholarships. :popcorn:
Hatz Wrote:Are Boyle’s Lineman really that inferior? There are two D Lineman that have been offered or have Division 1 Scholarships. :popcorn:

IMO no they are not, Boyle’s line will be every bit as good as JC on both sides of the ball.

On a side note I just read that JC’s D-line gave up a 184 yds rushing to Hightower last night.
Jack Lambert Wrote:IMO no they are not, Boyle’s line will be every bit as good as JC on both sides of the ball.

On a side note I just read that JC’s D-line gave up a 184 yds rushing to Hightower last night.

He had 153 yards on 32 carries....Not exactly like he steamrolled.
Did Boyle's QB leave game with an injury last night?
No disrespect to Boyle Co., but this is hardly the first time that Johnson Central has faced really good teams in the playoffs, and probably some that were better. They went almost a whole decade going against the great Highland (ranked #2 nationally) and CovCath teams. Won some of them and lost some of them, but they always showed up to play and each opponenrt always knew they had been in a game. For several years and for all intents and purposes the actual state championship game was played when they went up against each other.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14