Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Rainingthrees where did you hear Lawson is trying to prevent a football banquet? Who said that? What is he doing to prevent the banquet? Is there any truth to this or is this an urban legend?
Heard from a parent that there kid on the team said Lawson wasn't going to let Chappell have anything to do with the banquet or may not have one. He said Lawson would speak at the banquet and not Chappell if they had one. Heard it on Facebook so it could be "Fake News"! I hope the kids get to have a banquet and hope Chappell gets to be there.
TheColonel Wrote:That a Boy Douglas, we have to make sure coaches don't find out about Lawson and Siler. Keep deflecting the conversation and I will try to get this done ASAP. However, I think the jig is up on them.

Will the new coach be announced before or after Christmas? Smile
single shot Wrote:This is true, I was referring to the facilities and talent, I can’t believe they hired Siler as superintendent he’s the pure epitome of the good old boy network

How is Siler different than the ones in the past?
Ridiculous if true
single shot Wrote:Putting Doug down isn’t gonna help things, he obviously cares about the school just like you. Honestly until enough good people get tired of the whole charade and take over the school board nothing’s gonna change, the board right now does what they’re told.

What steps does enough good people to take to take over the school board? How many is enough?
Rainingthrees Wrote:Heard from a parent that there kid on the team said Lawson wasn't going to let Chappell have anything to do with the banquet or may not have one. He said Lawson would speak at the banquet and not Chappell if they had one. Heard it on Facebook so it could be "Fake News"! I hope the kids get to have a banquet and hope Chappell gets to be there.

I hope it's fake news,
There will be a banquet after Christmas break and Coach Chappell will be there.
footballfever Wrote:There will be a banquet after Christmas break and Coach Chappell will be there.

:Clap:
footballfever Wrote:There will be a banquet after Christmas break and Coach Chappell will be there.

I hope you are 100% correct. :Cheerlead
pjdoug Wrote:How is Siler different than the ones in the past?

Don't think Paul was told what to do. He hired Chappell and Shope didn't he?
Rainingthrees Wrote:Don't think Paul was told what to do. He hired Chappell and Shope didn't he?

Who is telling Siler what to do?
pjdoug Wrote:Who is telling Siler what to do?

The clique? Ever who that is, heck I don't have a clue what they think and do at Whitley. I just shake my head and cheer on! Go Colonels (until they hire a Corbinite). Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Who is telling Siler what to do?

Bob Lawson. It is like the blind leading the blind when it comes to football coaching.
TheColonel Wrote:Bob Lawson. It is like the blind leading the blind when it comes to football coaching.

I thought superintendent is a higher position. lol
pjdoug Wrote:I thought superintendent is a higher position. lol

Lawson thinks he is Jerry Jones!
Rainingthrees Wrote:Lawson thinks he is Jerry Jones!

I haven't seen that out of him. He either has multiple personalities or his critics do.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sure all you coaches from surrounding areas are convincing everybody that they shouldn't take this job Confusednicker:

I hope they do hire a great one. Good football is good football!
pjdoug Wrote:How is Siler different than the ones in the past?

IMO he’s gonna end up being worse, he’s 100% all about himself and you don’t get that position unless they know your gonna take care of the homies. Every resource that can take care of Siler and his cronies will be exploited.
pjdoug Wrote:What steps does enough good people to take to take over the school board? How many is enough?

Off the top of my head there are five elected members you’d want at least four to control the voting and all five would be best. Next election you have to register and run for the office, you should do it Doug it would allow you to really help the kids if nothing else and you weren’t able to take control of the board you could become a large thorn in their side.
Who is the clique? Or is this fake news like the football banquet?
single shot Wrote:Off the top of my head there are five elected members you’d want at least four to control the voting and all five would be best. Next election you have to register and run for the office, you should do it Doug it would allow you to really help the kids if nothing else and you weren’t able to take control of the board you could become a large thorn in their side.

Will you vote for me? They might put a hit out on me.lol
E's Army Wrote:Who is the clique? Or is this fake news like the football banquet?

You are the clique. lol
pjdoug Wrote:Will you vote for me? They might put a hit out on me.lol

You got my vote pj, I live in Whitley county and you are the #1 fan who speaks the truth about what needs fixed. It it will take the national guard to come in and break up the cult, or clique whatever you wanna call it.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:You got my vote pj, I live in Whitley county and you are the #1 fan who speaks the truth about what needs fixed. It it will take the national guard to come in and break up the cult, or clique whatever you wanna call it.

You can help me get the votes on that end of the county. lol
Will the new coach please stand up ?
Can I get a list of the coaches that have applied for this job? If all the good ones have applied I won't even try, because I'll know I don't have a chance.
E's Army Wrote:Who is the clique? Or is this fake news like the football banquet?

Those people that have multiple positions in the school system, for instance the high school math teacher who also drives a bus or does after school maintenance changing air filters for $20 an hour. The generations of teachers and administrators there, they make sure the family gets the jobs at the schools and the starting spots on the sports teams. Pretending they aren’t there or it isnt happening doesn’t change the problem. There’s more than one Bob Lawson type running around down there, and I’m not saying he’s a bad person, but this isn’t the first time this has happened and from the way it looks it won’t be the last, been going on since I was a kid. Wash, rinse, repeat
single shot Wrote:Those people that have multiple positions in the school system, for instance the high school math teacher who also drives a bus or does after school maintenance changing air filters for $20 an hour. The generations of teachers and administrators there, they make sure the family gets the jobs at the schools and the starting spots on the sports teams. Pretending they aren’t there or it isnt happening doesn’t change the problem. There’s more than one Bob Lawson type running around down there, and I’m not saying he’s a bad person, but this isn’t the first time this has happened and from the way it looks it won’t be the last, been going on since I was a kid. Wash, rinse, repeat

is nepotism allowed? any rules against it?
pjdoug Wrote:Will you vote for me? They might put a hit out on me.lol

One condition, you get elected I want a job, with a car, and a phone
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39