Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
PJ- would you hire a coach that is 26-20 record?
Craze JACKET man Wrote:PJ- would you hire a coach that is 26-20 record?

I would hire a coach that you don't like, because you're not a Whitley County fan. I'm one of the few Whitley County fans here.
I looked at last 5 years and steady improvements that ended 9-3 District Champs and 2 rounds in playoffs then it ended when principal got involved. You are much like the principal Pj.
Who would you hire PJ, it seems like you’ve got all the answers. I ask you a simple question about a coach that has a record of 26-20 in 4 years
I would love to see Whitley hire a coach and become a state recognized contender every year.
They have a ton of resources and good facilities..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Who would you hire PJ, it seems like you’ve got all the answers. I ask you a simple question about a coach that has a record of 26-20 in 4 years

Depends, if record was 9-3 , 8-3, 5-6, 3-8......NO

If record was 3-8, 5-6, 8-3, 9-3. Yes
anybody heard any accurate information concerning update on the coaching search
A good coach at a traditional great program with rich tradition becomes a great coach. A good coach at a place that has always been average will have some up and down years.. since the 90s there has been some good coaches at Whitley.
TheColonel Wrote:Depends, if record was 9-3 , 8-3, 5-6, 3-8......NO

If record was 3-8, 5-6, 8-3, 9-3. Yes

If you are using record as your sole indicated to hire a coach, you are doing it wrong.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I would love to see Whitley hire a coach and become a state recognized contender every year.
They have a ton of resources and good facilities..

I hope for the best at Whitley. But I don’t think they’ll ever be a state contender. They’re in a bad class for a school like them. But i do think with the right hire, they could be very successful around this area and deep into the region. They have the talent most years to do it anyways.
^ I think it's funny that all these non- Whitley County fans up here are complaining and trying to make the hire. You don't accept mediocrity for your team yet you wish for Whitley County to. :gtfo:
Sounds like The Colonel, or Bobby Joe, or Super Siler or whoever is in charge has their man.
The Spread Wrote:Sounds like The Colonel, or Bobby Joe, or Super Siler or whoever is in charge has their man.

Does it? Smile
Who did they get?
pjdoug Wrote:^ I think it's funny that all these non- Whitley County fans up here are complaining and trying to make the hire. You don't accept mediocrity for your team yet you wish for Whitley County to. :gtfo:

The first thing all these Whitley county fans need to do is stop worrying so much about where a coach comes from. Whitley needs to hire a good coach that can have success there, period.
pjdoug Wrote:^ I think it's funny that all these non- Whitley County fans up here are complaining and trying to make the hire. You don't accept mediocrity for your team yet you wish for Whitley County to. :gtfo:

You might need to run for board member and have a say. :popcorn:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The first thing all these Whitley county fans need to do is stop worrying so much about where a coach comes from. Whitley needs to hire a good coach that can have success there, period.

Going by the post on here I'd say corbin fans are more worried about it than anyone else
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Going by the post on here I'd say corbin fans are more worried about it than anyone else

Nobody is bigger than the program at Corbin. If you get an assistant from there, you've got a winner for a head coach. But Corbin will march on either way.

If they don't win, it says more about the school than it does the coach. JMO.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The first thing all these Whitley county fans need to do is stop worrying so much about where a coach comes from. Whitley needs to hire a good coach that can have success there, period.

:eyeroll:
64SUR Wrote:You might need to run for board member and have a say. :popcorn:

Will you be my campaign manager?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Going by the post on here I'd say corbin fans are more worried about it than anyone else

Corbin fans are worried that Whitley County might get a good coach :biglmao:
The Spread Wrote:Nobody is bigger than the program at Corbin. If you get an assistant from there, you've got a winner for a head coach. But Corbin will march on either way.

If they don't win, it says more about the school than it does the coach. JMO.

You need the assistants. keep them.
Hopefully this hire will be wrapped up quickly. The uncertainty is hard on the players.
E's Army Wrote:Hopefully this hire will be wrapped up quickly. The uncertainty is hard on the players.

TheColonel is working out the details.
plantmanky Wrote:If you are using record as your sole indicated to hire a coach, you are doing it wrong.

Trust me son I know what I am doing. My problem is Bob and John have me handcuffed as to the needs and wants . I was replying to a straight question. But let me say this if any coach has a declining record such as described it will be off the table for me. Record play a huge role, if not we would not be looking now would we.
TheColonel Wrote:Trust me son I know what I am doing. My problem is Bob and John have me handcuffed as to the needs and wants . I was replying to a straight question. But let me say this if any coach has a declining record such as described it will be off the table for me. Record play a huge role, if not we would not be looking now would we.

Can you get John to take the cuffs off?
Yes.... hard on everyone. The baseball hire will hold some that might have left otherwise. Baseball and then volleyball had great hires.... if football lands big hire and basketball will surely be next in line. Be nice to have great coaches in every sport instead of good ol boys or daddyballers.
KEEPITREAL Wrote:Yes.... hard on everyone. The baseball hire will hold some that might have left otherwise. Baseball and then volleyball had great hires.... if football lands big hire and basketball will surely be next in line. Be nice to have great coaches in every sport instead of good ol boys or daddyballers.
I agree.
Why don’t Whitley Co bring Bozeman back?
BossEric Wrote:Why don’t Whitley Co bring Bozeman back?

:trolldad:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39