Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
E's Army Wrote:What did Dudley eat when he stopped at the Colonel Market?

Maybe a Red Storm Burger?
Whitley is moving into a very tough district. The job isn't as intriguing as it would have been if they stayed in the weak district they were in. Pulaski and Southwestern will be 1 and 2 every year. The other teams will be fighting for 3rd. If Corbin assistants are chasing money they should go for it. If they want to compete for region and state titles, they better stay put.
Alright so make a list of candidates that are for real talked about as the new head colonel.
Seky Wrote:Whitley is moving into a very tough district. The job isn't as intriguing as it would have been if they stayed in the weak district they were in. Pulaski and Southwestern will be 1 and 2 every year. The other teams will be fighting for 3rd. If Corbin assistants are chasing money they should go for it. If they want to compete for region and state titles, they better stay put.

Also in '19 the opposite district is Scott Co, Fred Doug, in 20 & 21 its Cov Cath, Highlands. So this entire district will be done in the second round until 22 when the opposite district is Mad. Southern's. So as far as playoffs go it's going to be tough.
Please understand that NO Corbin assistant will be getting this job. They are not wanted to be a Head Coach here.
Seky Wrote:Whitley is moving into a very tough district. The job isn't as intriguing as it would have been if they stayed in the weak district they were in. Pulaski and Southwestern will be 1 and 2 every year. The other teams will be fighting for 3rd. If Corbin assistants are chasing money they should go for it. If they want to compete for region and state titles, they better stay put.

There is no reason Whitley shouldn't be better than those programs.
Granny Bear Wrote:I have heard Mills. I have heard Hilton. I have heard Larkey. I have heard about a million other names. Whitley tried very very hard for Hilton when he went back to Bell. From the RUMORS that I heard (I have no inside information about this), Hilton seriously considered it before Bell out bid them by a large margin. IMO Hilton goes where the cash flows.

Dudley is only 63. He is actually younger than I, but he looks a dang sight older!!! (dang sight is also Old English)
Dudley has always recruited like a college coaches. I don't want to speculate on him because I can't be objective about him. He wins. But at what cost?

As a complete outsider looking in, I'll just be honest.
If the next coach at Whitley really wants to win and advance in the playoffs, they better know how to recruit. They need to at least recruit as well as Highlands, Cov Cath, and Scott County
Granny Bear Wrote:I have heard Mills. I have heard Hilton. I have heard Larkey. I have heard about a million other names. Whitley tried very very hard for Hilton when he went back to Bell. From the RUMORS that I heard (I have no inside information about this), Hilton seriously considered it before Bell out bid them by a large margin. IMO Hilton goes where the cash flows.

Dudley is only 63. He is actually younger than I, but he looks a dang sight older!!! (dang sight is also Old English)
Dudley has always recruited like a college coaches. I don't want to speculate on him because I can't be objective about him. He wins. But at what cost?

I believe you are off on that. Coach Hilton is almost 70 I am pretty sure.
pjdoug Wrote:Maybe a Red Storm Burger?

Is the guy who owns colonel market the same one who owns John Evan jacks? I know off topic. But just curious. Got a dang good burger. Heard the market was even better
yep for the most part.... at least theyre family....
danny at colonels and nathan and dannys daughter miranda at jonevan jacks

What does Pulaski have that Whitley County doesn't have? Harlan County beat Southwestern a couple times. Some of you talk out your A$$.
TheColonel Wrote:Please understand that NO Corbin assistant will be getting this job. They are not wanted to be a Head Coach here.

:Clap:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There is no reason Whitley shouldn't be better than those programs.

Right. coaching and leadership are the only things different.
Hound05 Wrote:Is the guy who owns colonel market the same one who owns John Evan jacks? I know off topic. But just curious. Got a dang good burger. Heard the market was even better

Yes. You'll probably see some of the same burger on the menu at both places. The Pineapple Express is surprisingly good if you haven't tried it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As a complete outsider looking in, I'll just be honest.
If the next coach at Whitley really wants to win and advance in the playoffs, they better know how to recruit. They need to at least recruit as well as Highlands, Cov Cath, and Scott County

They might as well join the sneaky snakes, huh?lol. Maybe they should go to Maryville and get a coach and some players.
ArJay Wrote:I believe you are off on that. Coach Hilton is almost 70 I am pretty sure.

I think he was coaching at Breathitt County in 1975 - if he is 63 now he would have been 20 then.
HCS Wrote:I think he was coaching at Breathitt County in 1975 - if he is 63 now he would have been 20 then.

Maybe we can ask him age tomorrow night or after that when Whitley County signs him :biglmao:
ArJay Wrote:I believe you are off on that. Coach Hilton is almost 70 I am pretty sure.

No!!!! I was talking about how old he was, and someone who knew him very well told me his age. I was humiliated that he was younger than I!!!

Confusednicker:
Or maybe they lied just to get at me!!
Oh my God!!! I looked him up. Date of birth May 1, 1948.

I know two men that are on my list now!!!
Dudley is not the answer.
And never will be the answer.
And hes not coming to Whitley. He never was.

There are about 4 to 5 possible names. We've seen a curve ball before just like with Chappell though.
The biggest question is what type of offense and defense do you want your new coach to run.
If you want to stay in the power I, wing T, and veer offense than go ahead. But also put up a sign on the side of the stadium that reads, "warning. Before you pay to get in, please not this offense has no shot at a state title therefore dont get your Hope's up"
Whitley needs a coach who is going to structure a system that replicates a balanced offense with mobile quarterbacks who can spread the field. Not ones who can run the triple option. The first time you run these run heavy offenses on a team quicker than you, you're beat.

You also need a coach who is adequate enough to coach defensive backs and to allow your disadvantage in speed to be covered by your ability to run a zone with athletes capable of understanding timing and routes.
Why don't you apply?

And I'm not being a smart alec, I'm being serious.
Granny Bear Wrote:Why don't you apply?

And I'm not being a smart alec, I'm being serious.

I have been asked to coach before as an assistant. Pre Chappell.
My short answer.....the pay cut. It's just way too much. I have two different degrees and could pick up a teaching cert pretty easily. It's just not worth it to me in ways it is to others. And If i could pick an age group to coach it would be 5th and 6th graders. To many prima donna's and egos for me to handle.

I have no envy for high school coaches. I think they are underpaid and underappreciated and it's hard to come on here, as in this case, and be happy with the firing of coaches. At the same time the kids need voices. They cant speak for themselves in these situations. A lot of people go about it the wrong way but as long as the intention is good and not for self recognition and accolade, then I think its acceptable.

But the number one reason? I'm not good enough. If you hire me or someone like me than you have not hired the best possible candidate. You've settled. Whitley seems to be great at settling.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The biggest question is what type of offense and defense do you want your new coach to run.
If you want to stay in the power I, wing T, and veer offense than go ahead. But also put up a sign on the side of the stadium that reads, "warning. Before you pay to get in, please not this offense has no shot at a state title therefore dont get your Hope's up"
Whitley needs a coach who is going to structure a system that replicates a balanced offense with mobile quarterbacks who can spread the field. Not ones who can run the triple option. The first time you run these run heavy offenses on a team quicker than you, you're beat.

You also need a coach who is adequate enough to coach defensive backs and to allow your disadvantage in speed to be covered by your ability to run a zone with athletes capable of understanding timing and routes.

I understand what your saying but I would think Scott Co, Belfry, Johnson Cent. and a few others would disagree with not being able to win a State Champ with that style of offense.
About Mobile QB's Wayne Mills if I'm correct has a son who is a Freshman or Sophmore that plays QB seen him play against Whitley twice and he is definitley a straight playmaker. So scary to watch him go one on one with someone because it was very likely he was gonna make him miss. This isn't my opinion I've seen him play and he's for sure a football player.
pjdoug Wrote:Yes. You'll probably see some of the same burger on the menu at both places. The Pineapple Express is surprisingly good if you haven't tried it.

That one is my favorite. They have good wings too.
33 power Wrote:I understand what your saying but I would think Scott Co, Belfry, Johnson Cent. and a few others would disagree with not being able to win a State Champ with that style of offense.

The difference there is talent. Belfry goes across state lines. That’s not a shot. It’s the truth. JC is kind of the same way. And Scott county you have or had your choice of athletes. Those are also coached by top coaches. Whitley won’t get that. With what Whitley has, and they’re not short on talent, you wouldn’t be able to do that type of thing and be successful. You have to give yourself every advantage possible. Spreading the field and balancing would be exactly that
That is why I don't hire any of you guys.....spread offense. LOL We just ran into what spread does without a QB. Of course it works on all of your Madden games and you rule that.
Hound05 Wrote:The difference there is talent. Belfry goes across state lines. That’s not a shot. It’s the truth. JC is kind of the same way. And Scott county you have or had your choice of athletes. Those are also coached by top coaches. Whitley won’t get that. With what Whitley has, and they’re not short on talent, you wouldn’t be able to do that type of thing and be successful. You have to give yourself every advantage possible. Spreading the field and balancing would be exactly that

from the games i saw that is what whitley did, shotgun all the time and spread out
but still not good for you

campers spread it out too, come play for us
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39