Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County Coaching Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Wayne Mills is a joke of a coach, give him time and he will ruin any program
Is Whitley going to wait until next Monday to announce the hire?
Real Badman Wrote:Jesus you all aren’t talking about yogi kinder?
If so, he would almost immediately rank up there with ol' Dudley in terms of lovability down there. Lol
Whitley don't deserve coaches like Mills and Russell!! The Fan base is a joke.
Agreed. If you have a chance at two guys that have previous head coaching experience, coming in tandem to work together, Whitley would but stupid to not take that.

People think this is college football and that there are hot up-and-comers all over the place.

Wayne Mills has had success and so has Russell, together that’s a good ticket that any school in EKY should be happy with.
Who are you holding out for Doug? Neil Brown from Troy?
Dial it down a notch Fan01 and don't personalize your insults.
E's Army Wrote:If Corbin hires Mills and Russell for Whitley they should send them a nice thank you card.

No:dontthink
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Who are you holding out for Doug? Neil Brown from Troy?

I'm not holding out for anybody. I don't make the decision.
Fan01 Wrote:Whitley don't deserve coaches like Mills and Russell!! The Fan base is a joke.

With all these Corbin and Middlesboro fans making the decisions it's no wonder Whitley County Athletics is in bad shape :biglmao:
PHSForever Wrote:If so, he would almost immediately rank up there with ol' Dudley in terms of lovability down there. Lol
I wouldn't mind seeing them get a coach that everybody hates. lol
pjdoug Wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing them get a coach that everybody hates. lol
Kinder is one of those coaches who really inflames passions both good and bad. I've heard reverential references to him, and I've also heard him referred to in language that would make a sailor or a marine blush. I will say he seems to be a proven winner, but that his antics seem to draw a lot of ire. Sounds very similar to Dudley. While I don't know Kinder, I know Dudley. He was never anything but good to my family during his time in Pikeville, BUT I will say I have seen how he can grate on people's nerves.
Fan01 Wrote:Whitley don't deserve coaches like Mills and Russell!! The Fan base is a joke.

Corbin can keep them, thanks.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Corbin can keep them, thanks.
Will they keep them? or will you see a bad moon rising in Whitley County?:moon:
PHSForever Wrote:Kinder is one of those coaches who really inflames passions both good and bad. I've heard reverential references to him, and I've also heard him referred to in language that would make a sailor or a marine blush. I will say he seems to be a proven winner, but that his antics seem to draw a lot of ire. Sounds very similar to Dudley. While I don't know Kinder, I know Dudley. He was never anything but good to my family during his time in Pikeville, BUT I will say I have seen how he can grate on people's nerves.

I feel the same about Dudley. He beat Whitley County badly for years, and I don't hate him. lol. Whitley County probably doesn't need a coach that other schools love either. They had a good coach and a good man they let go. They probably don't need to replace him with a moon man.:biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:Will they keep them? or will you see a bad moon rising in Whitley County?:moon:

I see a bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

:Cheerlead
Rainingthrees Wrote:I see a bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

:Cheerlead

I hoped you had better news than that. lol
Mnt boy fb Wrote:Wayne Mills is a joke of a coach, give him time and he will ruin any program

Can you give me one example how he’s a joke of a coach and “ruins programs?” If anything he makes programs better. I’ll admit Bell was already at a contending level but it’s hard to win your district for 3 straight years with Corbin in it with you. Also Knox had maybe 4-5 wins combined in two years when he took over and when he left they were playing for regional championships and were winning district championships. Another Bell County fan on here pouting because they’re upset for him leaving so they hide behind a message board😭😭
pjdoug Wrote:Will they keep them? or will you see a bad moon rising in Whitley County?:moon:

You always complain about Whitley having the pieces to be a good football program then complain when someone is mentioned that knows how to do that😁😁
Pj is like most women I know... never happy, always something better, or is simply just gonna complain to both sides.... maybe he can be Wayne’s lil b&@$h..
colonelfan944 Wrote:Can you give me one example how he’s a joke of a coach and “ruins programs?” If anything he makes programs better. I’ll admit Bell was already at a contending level but it’s hard to win your district for 3 straight years with Corbin in it with you. Also Knox had maybe 4-5 wins combined in two years when he took over and when he left they were playing for regional championships and were winning district championships. Another Bell County fan on here pouting because they’re upset for him leaving so they hide behind a message board😭😭

He made Bell County better by having illegal scrimmages, and was heartbroken when they fired him during a full moon Confusednicker:
colonelfan944 Wrote:Can you give me one example how he’s a joke of a coach and “ruins programs?” If anything he makes programs better. I’ll admit Bell was already at a contending level but it’s hard to win your district for 3 straight years with Corbin in it with you. Also Knox had maybe 4-5 wins combined in two years when he took over and when he left they were playing for regional championships and were winning district championships. Another Bell County fan on here pouting because they’re upset for him leaving so they hide behind a message board😭😭

Colonelfan, these people have no idea what kinda coach Wayne Mills is. They are letting one single goofy action that was done amongst other fellow coaches dictate their entire view point of this man. I bet you this, you wont find a man that will work harder then him, a man that puts his emotion and love into building young mens character and discipline. You will not complain about your team underachieving like they do year in and year out. So, I think some of these people should not talk about a man's character unless they know the man.
Mnt boy fb Wrote:Wayne Mills is a joke of a coach, give him time and he will ruin any program

Yep, he’s definitely ruined us fans, going to two title games in how many years again? Haha. He really ruined KCs program too.
colonelfan944 Wrote:You always complain about Whitley having the pieces to be a good football program then complain when someone is mentioned that knows how to do that😁😁

A question is complaining? I complain about people like you keeping the program down and wasting talent. The boys play their guts out and work as hard as any team in the state. Maybe they should hire a coach Smile
I talked to a Whitley player at the gas station the other day. Couldn’t tell ya who he was, but he did say he thought they wouldn’t know anything for another month at least. He did say he thought they would go for someone good out of the area. Now, he’s a kid, he does play, but he might not understand the politics of the admin, but I thought I’d share FWIW.
Trenches07 Wrote:Colonelfan, these people have no idea what kinda coach Wayne Mills is. They are letting one single goofy action that was done amongst other fellow coaches dictate their entire view point of this man. I bet you this, you wont find a man that will work harder then him, a man that puts his emotion and love into building young mens character and discipline. You will not complain about your team underachieving like they do year in and year out. So, I think some of these people should not talk about a man's character unless they know the man.

I thought the man that just left the coaching position is of the highest character. I'm sure Mills is too.
Hound05 Wrote:I talked to a Whitley player at the gas station the other day. Couldn’t tell ya who he was, but he did say he thought they wouldn’t know anything for another month at least. He did say he thought they would go for someone good out of the area. Now, he’s a kid, he does play, but he might not understand the politics of the admin, but I thought I’d share FWIW.

I talk trash on here, but think most of you, even some redhounds are good people. lol. Some quality coaches are being named, and I hope they get the best leader to help the kids. and help them win on the field and in life. it will be hard to replace the last coach as far as being a great role model and doing things the right way.
Seky Wrote:Rumor going around is Wayne mills is taking over and taking Russell with him as OC. Area coaches and prominent members of Whitley community talking this.

They better hope they win it this year. They’ll never sniff it again.

IMHO, this is the best case scenario for Whitley compared to other names that have been thrown out. That is as much a homerun hire as you can get down there.
Trenches07 Wrote:Colonelfan, these people have no idea what kinda coach Wayne Mills is. They are letting one single goofy action that was done amongst other fellow coaches dictate their entire view point of this man. I bet you this, you wont find a man that will work harder then him, a man that puts his emotion and love into building young mens character and discipline. You will not complain about your team underachieving like they do year in and year out. So, I think some of these people should not talk about a man's character unless they know the man.

We had one in Coach Chappell but Lawson and Siler wouldn't let him do his job. Also if it is Mills, we all know who the real Coach ruining ( I mean running) the team will be, wanna-be coach bobby joe!
footballfever Wrote:If Mills gets the job will your 2 boys return to Whitley?

Very possible. I have absolutely no loyalty to either.
Whoever gives them the best chance to win with the best staff and coaches who care about there future and will work their tales off to get them a scholarship is exactly where they will go.

The new staff will have to demonstrate that first though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39