Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County @ Bell County 11/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Fantastic celebration for the team and crowd. Nothing wrong with the boys having fun and enjoying this win. Go Dawgs.
It's just a couple of people getting mad and being sore losers, great game sad to see it end this way.
Lawrence has had a great year--but it ends at Log mountain.Bell has dominated against 4A,5A, and top out of state competition. Lawrence has wins against 1A,2A, 3A, and 4A competition that are a combined 42-57. While they have been great wins --they have not been as tough as Bells(for the most part. Common opponents--LC beat Mcreary 42-19 , Greenup 52-12 and Knox 19-0. Bell beat Mccreary 63-0, Greenup 44-0, and Knox 34-6.
Bell rolls and Lawrence finishes what has been an astounding turnaround
Bell Co tasted a State Championship last year too. They want to taste it again.
That McCreary game was 42-0 in the 4th quarter and then JV gave up 3 Td's, they shutout Knox 19-0 and could have beat them worse but had a lot of bad calls ask anyone. Bell only beat Greenup 44-0. Lawrence beat them 52-12. It was 36-6 at halftime.
I'm sure they want to taste it again, But LC has one thing that Bell doesn't and that is dept and a lot of people know that. Bulldogs have also have a great senior class and they are proven leaders not just on the field but in the community.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:That McCreary game was 42-0 in the 4th quarter and then JV gave up 3 Td's, they shutout Knox 19-0 and could have beat them worse but had a lot of bad calls ask anyone. Bell only beat Greenup 44-0. Lawrence beat them 52-12. It was 36-6 at halftime.

See you guys havent been listening to us. The Greenup Co game could had been 80-0. We DONT play our VARSITY a long time. Cory Davenport only had SIX, count SIX carries that game! JV played after halftime in that game. Same for Rock game.
No we are listening to you guys unfortunately. just kidding. How come in last years game Bell vs LC the Bell Varsity players went to the locker room and changed and watched the rest of the game in street clothes?
Depth?

Bell Co's players that play both ways. LB/FB Hilton, WR/DB Cody Davenport, FB/DE Mills, QB/S Madon, TE/DE Lowe, and WR/DB Raines. ONLY 6 players that play both ways. Our STAR RB only plays offense. FRESH LEGS, FRESH LEGS, FRESH LEGS!!!
lcgrad2002 Wrote:No we are listening to you guys unfortunately. just kidding. How come in last years game Bell vs LC the Bell Varsity players went to the locker room and changed and watched the rest of the game in street clothes?

I know I saw that. To this day I have no clue. LOL...
LC only has 3 that play both ways and they don't even have to we have depth at all positions, well i take that back one doesnt anymore so he can stay fresh. Our whole defense is pretty much fresh the whole game prior to last year. Our depth is going to help us and we are just as fast as anyone else around here.
On the KC game did you guys miss some extra points? Do you all have a kicker that can kick a 30 yards FG too? Im just trying to find out.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:That McCreary game was 42-0 in the 4th quarter and then JV gave up 3 Td's, they shutout Knox 19-0 and could have beat them worse but had a lot of bad calls ask anyone. Bell only beat Greenup 44-0. Lawrence beat them 52-12. It was 36-6 at halftime.

Not too sure about that one....I think the clock was about to expire when the final touchdown was scored.
Yeah we have a couple of guys that kick for us, but yeah we do. Yeah the clock was about to expire when they scored last I meant earlier in the game there was a horrible block in the back call on the home side that was clearly a clean block on a punt return and then earlier a missed call on a face mask and a few others that hurt LC drives. I have it on film so don't say I'm wrong either. I have it all in front of me right now.
TrueDawg Wrote:I did not see anything wrong with the Video or the post game celebration. They had just won the biggest game of there lives. They should celebrate. This will go down as 1 of the biggest victories in LC history. I got the game film from 1 of my buddies on the staff. I did not realize how dirty KC was. Also I was a star in the Video as well.:rockon:

I read this and almost fell out of my chair! It shows that many people are in dulision in louisa and really are too young to remember or forgot what LC stands for. I don't really think you can make excuses for the way the kids acted in the video; IT IS NOT LAWRENCE COUNTY! Yes these boys deserve everything they get because of the struggles they have been through but them of all people should know carma comes back at you. I am speachless and can't believe Lawrence County is brought to acting in this way, never have I seen a LC team act this way (except after Breathitt in 97' and that was understandable because they really did knock off the giant; it's Knox Central). These kids have no idea about or respects their tradition; I dont' see UK fans rushing the floor after a big game: I wonder why a little thing called tradition and Lawrence County needs to remember when this would have been just another win not the Super Bowl. It really makes me think about my decision in the game Friday about the winner because these kids don't know how to deal with situations like these; because they have never been in one and Bell is defending state champs. Swagger and confidence is something that is needed but not histeria over a second round playoff game in Louisa; they have been to about 20 of those in the past. I hope that they can pull off this win and I will be there to support them but I think LC's balloon is just a little to high and it will be a tall mountain to climb.
I know having a GREAT kicker can make or break you sometimes. Hilton kicked a 30 yarder this year against Greenup Co and could had went 40. I know last year we had the Merrick kid and he won the Boyle Co game for us with a FG. The final was 17-15.
That Merick kid was awesome I have to say.He can flat out nail it. Lc hasn't kicked a field goal all season but 2 or 3 games #11 Josh Mills was perfect on extra point I think hitting 14-14.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Yeah we have a couple of guys that kick for us, but yeah we do. Yeah the clock was about to expire when they scored last I meant earlier in the game there was a horrible block in the back call on the home side that was clearly a clean block on a punt return and then earlier a missed call on a face mask and a few others that hurt LC drives. I have it on film so don't say I'm wrong either. I have it all in front of me right now.

I can see penalties as drive killers, but not sure you can say it could have been worse. Penalties are part of the game. KC has a decent defense. Just leave it at that.
kdrn Wrote:What eased KC long ride home after they was thrashed by Lawrence? Ice packs I bet, and pain meds.
No pain meds needed. We had a great season and are well on our way to building a great Program that wins year after year. After losing 13 exceptional Seniors last year, we still had a solid performance. We will see if LC is one hit wonder or truly coming into the world of a "great program" after you lose your 15 seniors and have to start the season next year on the heels of a major trouncing. Bell 50 - LC - 0 (that is ZERO touchdowns, ZERO dances, ZERO references to tracks that have no relation to their mascot, ZERO opportunities to show their lack of class after a big win - ZERO!)

Never thought I'd say it but here goes - Go BobCats!!!!!!!!!! I feel so wrong...
Football1 Wrote:No pain meds needed. We had a great season and are well on our way to building a great Program that wins year after year. After losing 13 exceptional Seniors last year, we still had a solid performance. We will see if LC is one hit wonder or truly coming into the world of a "great program" after you lose your 15 seniors and have to start the season next year on the heels of a major trouncing. Bell 50 - LC - 0 (that is ZERO touchdowns, ZERO dances, ZERO references to tracks that have no relation to their mascot, ZERO opportunities to show their lack of class after a big win - ZERO!)

Never thought I'd say it but here goes - Go BobCats!!!!!!!!!! I feel so wrong...

We may have to rope off a special section for our Knox Co. friends coming to the game Friday.....TongueirateSho
Lets see. Who all is attending this game thats a member on Bluegrassrivals.

Count me in!!!
KC fans be serious not being biased or nothing. Who has a better team LC or Bell Co? Dont pick BC just because LC just beat you guys but be honest. Same goes for Greenup Co fans on here. Im just curious.
Football1 Wrote:No pain meds needed. We had a great season and are well on our way to building a great Program that wins year after year. After losing 13 exceptional Seniors last year, we still had a solid performance. We will see if LC is one hit wonder or truly coming into the world of a "great program" after you lose your 15 seniors and have to start the season next year on the heels of a major trouncing. Bell 50 - LC - 0 (that is ZERO touchdowns, ZERO dances, ZERO references to tracks that have no relation to their mascot, ZERO opportunities to show their lack of class after a big win - ZERO!)

You keep saying zero ....are you referring to how many points you scores in this game? Sounds like your mad because your team got beat! Your going a little far with all your blame. If KC would have won all this would not have been a issue.

You guys definately handed us a fine butt kicking but I was at the KC game and I though the officials were pretty good. Now that is not to say they didn't miss one or two but they were very consistant all night long. Also, LC scored all they could from the 1st play until they scored with 10 or15 sec. left in the game so I will say again I was at this game and the score could not have been any worse than it was. That is not just my opinion that is the facts, this was an outstanding ball game to watch as a spectator and fan of high school football. Sometimes as fans we see our teams as unstoppable or at least better sometimes than they actually are and I guess that is human nature. I am not trying to take anything away from LC win because it was a hard faught and well deserved win but they gave everything they had to score the 19 points that they scored. Their defense did an outstanding job shutting KC down and in my opinion it was the stellar defensive play that won this game for LC!
wow
IMO if LC can sustaine some drives that result in TD's and control the ball we will win this game.
What type of offense does Bell Co. run?
For you fans that are interested in these things Cantralls ratings came out today and out of the 8 teams left in the 4-a class Bell is ranked #2 behind Boyle and Lawrence is ranked #8. Bell had a power rating of 85.8 and ranked # 7 over all in the top 25 of all classes. Lawrence Co. had a 55.2 power rating and was not ranked in the top 25 teams. Really looking foward to the game no matter what anyone says Bell doesn't pay any attention to what is being said and is preparing for and not overlooking a very good undefeated Lawrence County team that could possible upset Bell, but due to Bells preparation, talent and coaching I'm going with Bell 42 to 0. Bells Defense is super fast and aggressive.:redboxer:
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:LC fans/players. I just wanted to take this time to thank all of you all for pulling for Shelby Valley this year and helping us out before games and stuff, I really have appreciated it alot and im glad ive got the chance to become friends with all of you all. Its been Great, and yes it does suck REALLY BAD that we lost tonight but im not going to get on that subject because it kills me....But thank all of you all, and you know im pulling for you all 100% and will probally be at this game..

@Topic, Should be a great game but im going to have to predict Lawrence County in the upset 27-21. Lawrence go out and play your ball and you will come out on top. And in my opinion, Whoever wins this game will bring home a state championship. GO DAWGS....

Incredible Class.

I think come friday LC is gonna be the king of the mountain, according to everyone else there season should have ended weeks ago.. but they continue to roll on Confusedhh:
CATDAD2 Wrote:For you fans that are interested in these things Cantralls ratings came out today and out of the 8 teams left in the 4-a class Bell is ranked #2 behind Boyle and Lawrence is ranked #8. Bell had a power rating of 85.8 and ranked # 7 over all in the top 25 of all classes. Lawrence Co. had a 55.2 power rating and was not ranked in the top 25 teams. Really looking foward to the game no matter what anyone says Bell doesn't pay any attention to what is being said and is preparing for and not overlooking a very good undefeated Lawrence County team that could possible upset Bell, but due to Bells preparation, talent and coaching I'm going with Bell 42 to 0. Bells Defense is super fast and aggressive.:redboxer:

WOW #7 in the whole state including all classes!!! TongueirateSho
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40