Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry 11/1/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Is he going to listen to Spike and Company or Bobby Norman and Steve Mickey? If he listens to Bobby and Steve I have a suspicion he could just get a shoutout on the radio tonight.

What's the station's dial #?
[SIZE="7"]OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo............ J - C - H - S

Go Big Black!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/SIZE]
For real.....

This rivalry is shaping up to be better than the Apple Bowl ever thought about.

2 public schools in 2 different counties.... and both are ranked in the Top 5 in the state in their respective class.

#MountainFootball
Pulp Fiction Wrote:What's the station's dial #?

WDHR 93.1

Sends bucslover68 a PM with your grandpa's name and he may just end up having his name called out on the radio as he listens
EKUAlum05 Wrote:WDHR 93.1

Sends bucslover68 a PM with your grandpa's name and he may just end up having his name called out on the radio as he listens

That would be so cool for his grandfather EKU. I really hope he does.
Anyone know if the game will be streamed online? Have a JC alum wanting to see the game but can't make the trip. Told him I'd find out.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:That would be so cool for his grandfather EKU. I really hope he does.

If anyone can pull it off it is bucslover... he's got connections..he's kind of a big deal Big Grin

It's like the Mafia though..once bucslover does you a favor you must eventually settle your debt in the form of paying him in baked dessert at some point
^^
He conned me for one before I even met him!!
Gameday tale of tape

[Image: 1395982_710069575689044_1583935838_n.jpg]

A few more notes.

Johnson Central:
- Opponent Holy Trinity only played 6 games and are 3-3 and playoff bound
- JC has scored 60+ 2x and 70+ once
- They have not scored less than 36
- No opponent has scored more than 14 against since week 2
- Most points allowed was to Noblesville IN in a 72 - 28 drubbing
- Average score on the road 50 - 7
- Very good special teams
- Schedule stacked in favor of 5 straight home games to open the season.

Belfry:
- Have give up 20+ 4x this year (Southwestern, Pikeville, CAK, PCC)
- Has scored 40+ 2x and 50+ 2x this year
- Most points allowed was 34 to Pike County Central last week
- Lowest scored was 21 at Harlan County
- Explosive offense has covered up for sloppy offensive timing and lackluster defense at times
- Best special teams in years
- Average home score 42 - 15
- Schedule has been tough with no back to back home games and lots of travel
- Of their opponents with winning records 3 are 5 - 4
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Gameday tale of tape

[Image: 1384275_710060235689978_1973204307_n.jpg]

A few more notes.

Johnson Central:
- Opponent Holy Trinity only played 6 games and are 3-3 and playoff bound
- JC has scored 60+ 2x and 70+ once
- They have not scored less than 36
- No opponent has scored more than 14 against since week 2
- Most points allowed was to Noblesville IN in a 72 - 28 drubbing
- Average score on the road 50 - 7
- Very good special teams
- Schedule stacked in favor of 5 straight home games to open the season.

Belfry:
- Have give up 20+ 4x this year (Southwestern, Pikeville, CAK, PCC)
- Has scored 40+ 2x and 50+ 2x this year
- Most points allowed was 34 to Pike County Central last week
- Lowest scored was 21 at Harlan County
- Explosive offense has covered up for sloppy offensive timing and lackluster defense at times
- Best special teams in years
- Average home score 42 - 15
- Schedule has been tough with no back to back home games and lots of travel
- Of their opponents with winning records 3 are 5 - 4

I'm just glad we played 10 regular season games....
Traveled to Ironton, OH., Greenup County, Ashland and Belfry
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I'm just glad we played 10 regular season games....

I hear ya, inclusion wasn't meant as a dig. Just worth mentioning I thought. I am a firm believer in the 12th man and I believe that 5 straight home games allowed the team to gel. Not that it appears they needed it looking at the scores and closing the season with 4 of the last 5 on the road isn't a bad thing at all.
Belfry will win..... The past two games were a wake up call for this group of Pirates. Johnson Central is tough and will be by far the best team Belfry has seen yet but I feel Haywood will have his boys ready to defend CAM Stadium and finish up the regular season 10-0.

Central hasn't had a team yet to line up across from the and smack them in the mouth like they have been smacking their opponents. We'll tonight the Pirates will hit back and finally I feel for 4 quarters. 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust, I mean tire pieces. lol

Pirates pull this one off at home.

Belfry 35
Central 24

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Slight note on the info graphic above. Not that it matters but with the Fairview ruling Belfry's opponent win/loss record is 40 - 41
Johnson Central by about Tree Fiddy
True question is, who will stop who...
Tonite the Pirates win by a little. But hey a win is a win. Good luck to both teams. May the best Pirate team win.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Not to mention a wager he was trying to make!
all I am saying is I hope you like the taste of crow brother!

With that being said go Eagles! I hope both teams havea injury free game amd that they both make deep runs into the playoffs or win it all!

No crow here...I make another wager...I bet I can stand toe to toe with you a nd come out on top also....we are gonna find a way to win......I still think you guys haven't been tested....so don't get beat by backups....
This thread hasn't been as heated as some others this year towards JC.....

With the absense of a few posters and the class that Belfry has.... I don't know how to act not having to stand up for my Golden Eagles.

BTW.... JC wins.
Belfry is good.... Playing Belfry at Belfry is challenge for any team.
But playing JC is like fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr.... You gotta play a pefect game, no penalties & no turnovers.. you can't have 3 & out's and you gotta have good special teams.... Beause JC has made a living capitalizing on other teams mistakes. Look at the Harlan Co. game... for real if that was a fight, it would have been stopped early in the 2nd qtr.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:No crow here...I make another wager...I bet I can stand toe to toe with you a nd come out on top also....we are gonna find a way to win......I still think you guys haven't been tested....so don't get beat by backups....

Looking at all the numbers I think you may be correct on this statement. The average state ranking of Belfry's opponents is 118 while Johnson Centrals is 155. JC has played 2 teams in the Top 100 in their respective state while Belfry has played 5 in the Top 100 of their state. Our common opponent is Harlan Co at 44th in the state and a lot of people are looking at that games outcome and thinking Belfry has no chance in the this one. However I have heard from several reliable sources that the HC team that lost to JC that night was not on the same level as the one that lost to Belfry. Looking at everything it looks like JC has big wins against several weaker opponents.

All in all I think JC has dominated a weaker schedule while Belfry has won ugly against stronger opponents.
Cant wait to drive up tonight and watch this war it should be a good one
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:No crow here...I make another wager...I bet I can stand toe to toe with you a nd come out on top also....we are gonna find a way to win......I still think you guys haven't been tested....so don't get beat by backups....

Is that a threat?! I will tell you my number isn't hard to find lmao. I will be at the game for sure and would love to meet a few good rivals members. I dont know how to take that comment just yet so I wont get to riled up. I will say that you thought JCHS was the third best team in the mountains! I guess you are still thinking that we will lose in the second round of the playoffs!Tonight we put to rest who has the better team tonight. I will tell you that I hope you enjoy your crow! There sure will be a plate full!

Good luck and may the best team win!
Trust me when I say I Respect Belfry and their historic program. When we are not playing belfry I route for the pirates!

I guess tonight The Eagles will have to get their respect the hard way! Every play to the whistle. This is where win or lose both teams get better! The famous words of podunker the PLAYOFFS are coming!
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Looking at all the numbers I think you may be correct on this statement. The average state ranking of Belfry's opponents is 118 while Johnson Centrals is 155. JC has played 2 teams in the Top 100 in their respective state while Belfry has played 5 in the Top 100 of their state. Our common opponent is Harlan Co at 44th in the state and a lot of people are looking at that games outcome and thinking Belfry has no chance in the this one. However I have heard from several reliable sources that the HC team that lost to JC that night was not on the same level as the one that lost to Belfry. Looking at everything it looks like JC has big wins against several weaker opponents.

All in all I think JC has dominated a weaker schedule while Belfry has won ugly against stronger opponents.

Holy Trinity, Ontario Canada
67-7 JC. This game could have been 100-0 if the coaches all it to be.

Noblesville, IN.
72-28 JC. Last minute replacement game. They had a great qb.

Perry Central
53-7 JC. Same as the others... JC could have hung 100+ if the chose to.

Harlan County
36-14 JC. This game was over before the 2nd qtr. started.

Boyd County
69-14 JC. District Game.... Not much can said about district games

@ Ironton, OH.
56-14 JC. Game at Tank Memorial.... JC blew it open in the 3rd qtr.

@ Greenup County
54-0 JC. District Game.... Not much can said about district games

Rowan County
59-10 JC. District Game.... Not much can said about district games

@ Ashland
42-7 JC. District Game.... Not much can said about district games. But Ashland did have a great gameplan for JC.... but like I said before, you gotta play a perfect game to beat JC.

@ Belfry
---------

@ Ironton, OH.; @ Ashland; @ Belfry would be hard for any team to go to those 3 places and win. You can say Ironton and Ashland are down.... but they still aren't teams you schedule for your homecoming game.

I'm not sure about Belfry's schedule... but what I can say is JC has left no questions so far this season about who the better team was on the field. Offense, Defense & Special Teams.

There's not been one JC game this year that anybody can say that 1 bad call changed the outcome.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Is that a threat?! I will tell you my number isn't hard to find lmao. I will be at the game for sure and would love to meet a few good rivals members. I dont know how to take that comment just yet so I wont get to riled up. I will say that you thought JCHS was the third best team in the mountains! I guess you are still thinking that we will lose in the second round of the playoffs!Tonight we put to rest who has the better team tonight. I will tell you that I hope you enjoy your crow! There sure will be a plate full!

Easy bro.... Take some deep breaths and count back from 10.

I can see the fire in your fingertips.... :devilflam :flame:
For podunker

[Image: pdt5c.jpg]
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Is that a threat?! I will tell you my number isn't hard to find lmao. I will be at the game for sure and would love to meet a few good rivals members. I dont know how to take that comment just yet so I wont get to riled up. I will say that you thought JCHS was the third best team in the mountains! I guess you are still thinking that we will lose in the second round of the playoffs!Tonight we put to rest who has the better team tonight. I will tell you that I hope you enjoy your crow! There sure will be a plate full!

You are going to love Pirate1991#8. I do. And I met him ready for a confrontation!!!!
Confusednicker:
By The Way (BTW)

If any Belfry fans wanna have a BGR meet & greet tonight, just say the word and I'll stop by and give you a glimpse of perfection Confusednicker: :biggrin:
Learn your English grammar first. It's there not their! Now for a response. Get a grip! Belfry will put this jc in it's place! They wouldn't even have a team if they had not romanced a bunch of kids of neighboring teams! At least the guys on this Belfry team have played and hung together in middle school as well as high school. So what I'm saying is this, who is Belfry playing tonight? jc or every team around the state? Just sayin'!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:By The Way (BTW)

If any Belfry fans wanna have a BGR meet & greet tonight, just say the word and I'll stop by and give you a glimpse of perfection Confusednicker: :biggrin:

"......a glimpse AT perfection!!!!!
Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10