Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry 11/1/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
JC by 14.
Put a poll on this game.
There was a belfry fan the was willing to bet 5000 dollars on a kids high school game. I personally don't feel like that is Appropriate. I will tell you that I will bet my avatar for a whole year. As I recall you saying that you you would bet so called amount and give 7 points. You sir can keep your 7. I win you change your avatar to a Johnson Central avatar for one year. If I lose I'll change my to Belfry.
belfry will be the toughest team jc has faced this year and with the comeback belfry made last night this will be a Barnes burner of a game. I don't care if belfry did play sloppy first few quartets what an amazing comeback they made. I thought they were finished early and ended up coming back and winning by double digits. This team should not be looked down on or under estimated. Belfry has proven how dangerous they are even in their worse of games. I gotta take my eagles though in this one by 3. 24-21
I believe last night will be a wake-up call for the Pirates. I know Coach Haywood will have this team ready to play and his players will respond.

I hope this game goes down to the wire. JC finally faced some "tense" moments - if one can call them that - against Ashland. I would love for Belfry to deliver some adversity to this Johnson Central team. So far this season no one has been able to do that. The Golden Eagles have never trailed this year and have only been tied during the game once for a brief moment against Rowan County early in the game.

Out of respect for Coach Haywood and the Belfry Pirate Program, I will take JC by 13 in a "Good 'Ole Good One".

Johnson Central - 27
Belfry - 14
i say Haywood will take a good game plan from Ashland game against JC, the way they played keep away from JC,if Belfry can hold on to the ball...cause JC will score..
Our pirates can play with the best & run with the best if they come fired up ready to play which I think they will in this one I see this being a close game but if they don't & they think they can turn the ball over & make all the little mistakes that they have been making last few weeks then JC will take them to the woodshed. I think that the pirates will come ready & it will be a battle from start to finish.:worthy:

Belfry-17

Johnson-14

Go Big Red:redboxer:
Game should be over by 9:30 if both teams play well.
First let me say I always go with Belfry when they are not playing my team Johnson Central. I hope Belfry wins the state championship. But in order to do this they will need to play a lot better than the last 2 games. From what I've seen no way Belfry can hold JC to under 30 points. JC 38 BHS 21 Best of luck for Belfry on state championship!!
I am a JC fan and love the way the Eagles have played all year. I do not think we will go into Belfrey and win big, I look for a pure street fight. Belfrey has the tradition, home field and a coach who will have his team prepared and ready.

The Eagles have one of the best, if not the best team they ever had. Matney will have a solid plan and have his troops ready to play.

If JC can play mistake free and have great special teams play, they can escape with a win. If not, it could be a long night on Pond Creek.

I want to congradulate both teams on playing each other, this series has been awesome. The reason for JC's rise in recent years is the schedling of quality programs like Belfrey. Both teams need a good hard test for the playoffs, but to leave injury free.

I did vote for Haywood and wish him well in the voting. He is a qualty individual who deserves the recognition.

If JC plays mistake free I will pick JC by 3.
These two teams are very similar teams, both power teams that don't anything fancy, they both just line up and physically whip some butt! After seeing JC it's hard to imagine anyone in the mountains beating them, but Belfry has the the kind of program that could pull it off (not likely though) IMO.

JC 28
Belfry 21
I'll take the Pirates in an upset. 2 TD's better.
JC-38
Belfry-7
JC-38
Belfry-7
skully03 Wrote:Like some have already said, if the same Belfry team shows up next Friday like what has showed up the past two, they will more than likely get beat pretty good...Ive yet to see this Belfry team put together a full game from the first whistle to the last...If they can play the first half like they have played the 2nd half then this my friends will be one HECK of a game...
I know and respect the coaching ability of Haywood, but my question is....coming into a game, shouldn't Haywood have the Pirate team ready for the match up? Most will agree that you have to play 4 quarters to have title hopes, I see The Golden Eagles of having the edge in this game, unless Haywood gives his famous halftime speech prior to taking the field before the game?
JC by 20.
PirateNation1971 Wrote:Our pirates can play with the best & run with the best if they come fired up ready to play which I think they will in this one I see this being a close game but if they don't & they think they can turn the ball over & make all the little mistakes that they have been making last few weeks then JC will take them to the woodshed. I think that the pirates will come ready & it will be a battle from start to finish.:worthy:

Belfry-17

Johnson-14

Go Big Red:redboxer:

Don't think you guys can hold JC to 14 points. Better score more than 17!
JC needs to be tested. We've only been tied with Rowan Co. for a short amount of time... and we've never trailed in a game this season. Our players are tough... smart and the seniors have played in and won some major games as under class-men ('12 Ashland; '11 Belfry; '10 Knox Central, Cov. Cath.)
As the Daily Independent said today in the sports page.... "JC aces Tomcats Test"

Belfry will be that test. JC has played 9 excellent games... Heck, JC has dominated all 9 games so far. As it's been said in earlier threads, the schedule on paper looked to be pretty tough, but after the games were over..... it was JC looking "Like A Boss"

This is what "Mountain Football" is all about. 2 Public schools in 2 different counties that are coming in 9-0..... playing for bragging rights.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC needs to be tested. We've only been tied with Rowan Co. for a short amount of time... and we've never trailed in a game this season. Our players are tough... smart and the seniors have played in and won some major games as under class-men ('12 Ashland; '11 Belfry; '10 Knox Central, Cov. Cath.)
As the Daily Independent said today in the sports page.... "JC aces Tomcats Test"

Belfry will be that test. JC has played 9 excellent games... Heck, JC has dominated all 9 games so far. As it's been said in earlier threads, the schedule on paper looked to be pretty tough, but after the games were over..... it was JC looking "Like A Boss"

This is what "Mountain Football" is all about. 2 Public schools in 2 different counties that are coming in 9-0..... playing for bragging rights.

depends on what Pirate team shows up for this game,it could be the team that has alot of issuses and JC sweeps them out of there way like they have done everyone else or it could be a battle like it was last yr,i am hoping the latter...
I think Belfry got a wake up call last week and I look for them to come out all guns a blazing. IMO if Belfry looses it will be an upset. I think there will be a lot of smack talk between now and then but when the rubber hits the road I think Belfry surprises some people.

Belfry 36
Johnson Central 27
For real.... This series is great for both programs. I just wish it was played earlier in the year and not the week before the playoffs.

Last year, JC had an incredible win vs. Ashland the week before the Belfry game. Then JC came out and did not play anywhere close to their normal performance.

Then right after the Belfry game was the playoffs.

This is always a hard hitting, grind it out, don't blink first.... type of a game. I would like to see this game around the 4th or 5th week of the season.
I believe this game would be more beneficial played earlier in the season. Although o. Does allow each team to see where they stand going into playoffs.
FreightShaKer Wrote:I believe this game would be more beneficial played earlier in the season. Although o. Does allow each team to see where they stand going into playoffs.

I agree this game would be more beneficial IMO about the 5-6 game of the year..just to see where ya stand halfway through the year ..two hardnose teams like this could get a player hurt before the playoff run....but on the flipside a good competitive injury free game gets ya prepared to make a playoff run
I am a big Belfry fan and coach Haywood fan but I have Johnson central as my number 1 team in the mts

Johnson Central 46
Belfry 36

Don't forget to vote for Haywood :1:
Belfry wins. They have been playing sluggish maybe because they were looking ahead to this game.
Peytonplace18 Wrote:I know and respect the coaching ability of Haywood, but my question is....coming into a game, shouldn't Haywood have the Pirate team ready for the match up? Most will agree that you have to play 4 quarters to have title hopes, I see The Golden Eagles of having the edge in this game, unless Haywood gives his famous halftime speech prior to taking the field before the game?

I agree, but here's a point... Coach Haywood can draw LC and PC's formations on a board, run them in scout team, show them film, and talk up their QB's and lineman Monday-Thursday all he wants, but the kids have to want it. I believe since the bus pulled out of Knoxville, this (extremely young, for the record) Belfry team has been focused on Johnson Central. They saw two easy W's in front of them, and then this coming game. We can only hope they have learned a lesson. Coach Haywood cannot make them focus. I know one thing, he hadn't worried about the Eagles yet.
If you like REAL football (not 4 wide Oregon Ducks BS) you better find yourself on 119 towards CAM Stadium Friday. THIS is football. Two teams who will use 6 to 7 lineman at all times (Sorry, tight ends) and run the ball at each other. This one comes down to the men up front and the defenses. I believe JC has the advantage. Belfry's front 7 has to grow up quick. Two big keys will be TJ Dotson and Austin Hall. These two are in the process of becoming pretty good young defensive ends... against the spread. We'll see how they do with the ball coming straight at them. I have faith we CAN win this game, but right now I have to think JC is going to win.

I think shotgun runs concerns me more than wishbone run, seeing as how we practice against it daily and did pretty well against Harlan County running it. We'll see, though.

BUT... one advantage nothing can change is HOME FIELD. So Pond Creek, there is no excuse to being anywhere but the stadium Friday. We need everyone there, with something to make noise with... I'm kind of sick of crowds that sit on their ass and clap when we score. Mr. Gound needs to not be able to hear his own thoughts. I know JC will bring a load. They will not underestimate Belfry a bit despite the past 2 weeks.
Belfry0304 Wrote:BUT... one advantage nothing can change is HOME FIELD. So Pond Creek, there is no excuse to being anywhere but the stadium Friday. We need everyone there, with something to make noise with... I'm kind of sick of crowds that sit on their ass and clap when we score. Mr. Gound needs to not be able to hear his own thoughts. I know JC will bring a load. They will not underestimate Belfry a bit despite the past 2 weeks.

Every single person in those stands needs to be giving the team as much Brenda Phillips does on Friday night. If Haywood wins the USA Today vote then they will have something to be rowdy about from the get go. I truly hope the crowd is a true 12th man because it will be a huge help.
The key to BELFRY winning is not letting #4 in the backfield to kill ya....that little feller is a beast...
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:The key to BELFRY winning is not letting #4 in the backfield to kill ya....that little feller is a beast...

Don't forget about his 10 best friends on defense either....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10