Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry 11/1/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Oh I remember that game when JC beat Central awhile back . Central had 3 of those D1 players playing basketball that game. So if I recall that game they didn't even suit up .
We will see if the program that JC has in place will succeed in the following years . Don't forget you have other programs in the state they have good programs too. You are only talking about the Mountain area Programs . If I recall Sheldon Clark Middle School team made it pretty far a couple of years ago. Where are they now .
podunker Wrote:We will see if the program that JC has in place will succeed in the following years . Don't forget you have other programs in the state they have good programs too. You are only talking about the Mountain area Programs . If I recall Sheldon Clark Middle School team made it pretty far a couple of years ago. Where are they now .

Johnson Central Big Grin JK... couldnt resist
podunker Wrote:Oh I remember that game when JC beat Central awhile back . Central had 3 of those D1 players playing basketball that game. So if I recall that game they didn't even suit up .

lol...You really are a moron, aren't you?....That game was played on October 12th, 2007.....You cant even begin basketball practice until October 15th, and most games don't even begin until just before Thanksgiving. That's purt near close to the end of November, BTW. I seriously doubt that you have the first clue as to when it even comes around.

Apparently, you have recalled wrong...Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:lol...You really are a moron, aren't you?....That game was played on October 12th, 2007.....You cant even begin basketball practice until October 15th, and most games don't even begin until just before Thanksgiving. That's purt near close to the end of November, BTW. I seriously doubt that you have the first clue as to when it even comes around.

You have to give podunker credit for one thing. He has shown repeatedly that he does not care one bit to be wrong. I am just thankful that he is not a JC alumnus.
Bob Seger Wrote:haha, Oh, quite the opposite there, Aunt Bea....I'd noticed something eerily familar regarding your posts that reminded me of an old friend from the past....Finally it hit me, that those posts with the often time vulgar or suggestive content can only belong to one mentally screwed up person....."Why that's Aunt Bea", says I .Confusednicker:....Just how many accounts have you had over the years anyways?? Hey, I remember only a couple of years ago that I immediately nailed you on one of your comeback attempts.. Gee, I must really be slipping here in my old age, to let this go on for the last couple of months and not immediately pick up on it...lol

BTW, also sorry about the passing of Lou Reed over the weekend, BH. I know that he was your yester year link to that "walk on the wild side". Ah, the 70's they were great weren't they???:biggrin:

Go ahead and try to pass this off as Seger being some sort of a nut, but I gotcha "AGAIN" old buddy. And you know I have.:Clap:

...Hang in there old friend!!!

Thanks Seger. Glad to see that you broke up PD and PF.. Thanks!:insane:
JC by 14 or more. I don't think they can stop JC. I'm not a pd fan, but give Belcher the ball 26 times like Ashland let Baker run, and lOOK OUT!! Can't wait to listen to this Belfry game!! Should be a good game!!:truestory:
podunker Wrote:Oh I remember that game when JC beat Central awhile back . Central had 3 of those D1 players playing basketball that game. So if I recall that game they didn't even suit up .

I know for a fact that Tim Patterson and Mister Cobble played, I was there. Their stud QB also played but his name is escaping me right now. Lou. Central may not have been at total strength, but they were pretty darn close.
Kayaker Wrote:I know for a fact that Tim Patterson and Mister Cobble played, I was there. Their stud QB also played but his name is escaping me right now. Lou. Central may not have been at total strength, but they were pretty darn close.

Ah, they all played.
dns Wrote:Yea! If I call . JC was driving on their last drive, I believe around the 40 or 30 yard line late in the 4th,and threw the football 4 straight times. I may be wrong.

This is why Belfry wins in my opinion. Both teams matchup well, but this will come down to coaching. Matney is not very good in situational coaching, where Haywood is one of the best. I f both teams come out with there A game then Belfry wins.

Belfry 35
JC 31
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:This is why Belfry wins in my opinion. Both teams matchup well, but this will come down to coaching. Matney is not very good in situational coaching, where Haywood is one of the best. I f both teams come out with there A game then Belfry wins.

Belfry 35
JC 31

lol...SAY WHAT???
podunker Wrote:We will see if the program that JC has in place will succeed in the following years . Don't forget you have other programs in the state they have good programs too. You are only talking about the Mountain area Programs . If I recall Sheldon Clark Middle School team made it pretty far a couple of years ago. Where are they now .

Rotflmao at you! NO NO NO! We are not talking about just mountain teams. The 7th grade team last year beat bowlingreen like a drum in last years Championship. They only had 39 total yards through 3 quarter's. They didnt get many more in the forth either. Someone else may know the total yards given up. Maybe they had all the D1 players out due to them playing basketball!
Podunker reminds me of beetle juice! You say his name a couple of times and he shows up.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Podunker reminds me of beetle juice! You say his name a couple of times and he shows up.

[Image: Beetlejuice.jpg]
In all seriousness....

I went up to Vipperman and watched the 2004 playoff game between Belfry and Prestonsburg.

Besides the 2006 JC vs. Cov. Cath. Semi-State game...... that was the most insane crowd I've ever seen at a high school football game.
This will not be a game. Central by 20
The JC vs. Belfry series history

Year Winner Score
1971 Belfry 59 6
1972 Belfry 54 6
1973 Belfry 14 0
1974 Belfry 38 0
1975 Belfry 47 8
1976 Belfry 14 13 JC lost on a "Too High" field goal.
1978 Belfry 24 14
1979 Belfry 40 0
1980 Belfry 28 6
1981 Belfry 28 0
1982 Belfry 26 0
1983 Belfry 12 0
1984 Belfry 35 6
1985 Belfry 28 14
1986 Belfry 45 18
1987 Belfry 41 6
1988 Johnson Central (14-45) 1 0 ??? Not Sure about this year. Maybe a die hard (or older) Belfry fan can give us the info on this game.
1989 Belfry 33 0
1990 Belfry 42 6
1995 Belfry 30 15
1996 Belfry 28 0
1997 Belfry 36 8
1998 Belfry 21 11
2007 Belfry 28 12
2008 Belfry 21 13
2009 Johnson Central 35 19
2010 Johnson Central 42 7
2011 Johnson Central 21 14
2012 Belfry 17-12

Belfry lead series 25-4-0
Bob Seger Wrote:lol...You really are a moron, aren't you?....That game was played on October 12th, 2007.....You cant even begin basketball practice until October 15th, and most games don't even begin until just before Thanksgiving. That's purt near close to the end of November, BTW. I seriously doubt that you have the first clue as to when it even comes around.

Confusednicker:
Massey Matchup's has updated and now list JC as a full TD better at the CAM for this one. Prior to last Friday it was only a 3 point difference.

It depends on what Pirate team shows up for this one. I think the Pirate depth and Offense (if they are clicking) can cover for their lackluster play on defense and keep this a game. However if this is the Belfry team we have seen at times agains PC and LC then they could be in for a nasty night.

I also think the 12th man could play into this. The Pirate fans who have a reputation for being very quiet at times could be a factor in this game if they carry the emotion of todays win in the USA Today contest into Friday night and rock the "House the Haywood Built" then it could be very helpful.

Regardless we either need to see the BEST the Belfry team has played all year from start to finish with the Best crowd they have had all year in order to send JC home packing.

My head tells my JC by two TD's.

My heart says Belfry in a slobberknocker.

Either way can't wait for Friday night.
Bob Seger Wrote:haha, Oh, quite the opposite there, Aunt Bea....I'd noticed something eerily familar regarding your posts that reminded me of an old friend from the past....Finally it hit me, that those posts with the often time vulgar or suggestive content can only belong to one mentally screwed up person....."Why that's Aunt Bea", says I .Confusednicker:....Just how many accounts have you had over the years anyways?? Hey, I remember only a couple of years ago that I immediately nailed you on one of your comeback attempts.. Gee, I must really be slipping here in my old age, to let this go on for the last couple of months and not immediately pick up on it...lol

BTW, also sorry about the passing of Lou Reed over the weekend, BH. I know that he was your yester year link to that "walk on the wild side". Ah, the 70's they were great weren't they???:biggrin:

Go ahead and try to pass this off as Seger being some sort of a nut, but I gotcha "AGAIN" old buddy. And you know I have.:Clap:

...Hang in there old friend!!!

omg are you sure? Because that would be freaking awesome!
JC will not underestimate Belfry. They know their in for a fight and will be ready. The last time both were 9-0 and district champs was in 08. Man that was the hardest hitting game I ever saw. It had all the elements of the word Football, two Titans going at it in battle during a monsoon rain with one team gambling with a fake punt on their own 28 and turned the game around, the other gambling on a 2 point conversionand failed . With all that said, not a player on both sides that did'nt leave everything on that field.
Where's the best place to eat at in or around Belfry?
^Pikeville
Agree with Jetpilot! That bout made me puke!!...Confusedhh::biggrin:..really the best places to eat are in Pikeville. There is a steakhouse and your regular fast food joints around the high school, also a mexican place and if you like chinese. There is a nice little place inside the mall up on the hill across from high school.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In all seriousness....

I went up to Vipperman and watched the 2004 playoff game between Belfry and Prestonsburg.

Besides the 2006 JC vs. Cov. Cath. Semi-State game...... that was the most insane crowd I've ever seen at a high school football game.

They where literally hanging out of trees for this one.
Granny Bear Wrote:Confusednicker:

Had to put it in a dialect he could understand Granny.
jetpilot Wrote:omg are you sure? Because that would be freaking awesome!

Yep....You've not seen any denials, have you??? Of course now, I probably just initiated one....Confusednicker:

Good to see you've not forgotten the good ole' days JP? :Thumbs:
:popcorn: Good luck to both!!!
jetpilot Wrote:omg are you sure? Because that would be freaking awesome!

Yep....You've not seen any denials, have you??? Of course now, I probably just initiated one....Confusednicker:

Bob Seger Wrote:Yep....You've not seen any denials, have you??? Of course now, I probably just initiated one....Confusednicker:

How could I ever forget? Great times haha...Confusedinglepar:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10