Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry 11/1/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Diogenes Wrote:Let's not ignore that Central struggled mightily for a while to get the ball away from Ashland last week. Couldn't stop the QB on the keeper. Defense couldn't get off the field the ENTIRE SECOND QUARTER. Ashland has Baker, who requires constant attention, but not the depth or balance of the Belfry backfield.

So we are all just as worried as you are. In summary.

Ashland > Pike Central
7 < 34

Wink
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ashland > Pike Central
7 < 34

Wink

You played as poorly as possible for 1.5 quarters. Total self destruct. Spotted them 19 points. Still blitzkrieg'ed them in the end. I'm not convinced Ashland is that much better than PC, either. PC has a good QB and several weapons. Ashland has Baker and a largely anonymous cast of supporters. A 22 pt win over PC isn't really so bad. Our game was 14-7 well into the 3rd quarter. It was not dominant by any means until they finally wore down.

If we can't stop the QB keeper, we are doomed. If we come out and get tricky and start throwing the ball like we have been prone to in years past in critical situations, we are doomed. The sphincters will be very tight, on both sides.
JC by two TD's
Threads are so much better without podunker and fb_fan.
Diogenes Wrote:Let's not ignore that Central struggled mightily for a while to get the ball away from Ashland last week. Couldn't stop the QB on the keeper. Defense couldn't get off the field the ENTIRE SECOND QUARTER. Ashland has Baker, who requires constant attention, but not the depth or balance of the Belfry backfield.

So we are all just as worried as you are. In summary.

Everything you said is true but I think a big part of the 2nd quarter was Ashland milking the play clock. JC never really struggled against Ashland's offense. Ashland managed to stay in the game due to a well executed game plan. This coming from an Ashland fan who is also a realist.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Everything you said is true but I think a big part of the 2nd quarter was Ashland milking the play clock. JC never really struggled against Ashland's offense. Ashland managed to stay in the game due to a well executed game plan. This coming from an Ashland fan who is also a realist.

Wow.... something we agree on Leaping Lee.

On that 2nd qtr. drive, the play clocks were always under 5 seconds before the ball was snapped.
I enjoy threads like these. When belfry and Johnson central aren't playing I root for JC. All of their fans show true sportsmanship and make having a discussion fun without senseless remarks and getting butt hurt. Same goes for Harlan county. Of course their is going to be trash talking but that's what makes it fun! Anyways I'll say belfry 21 JC 14
The bobcat pic has me cracking up!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Wow.... something we agree on Leaping Lee.

On that 2nd qtr. drive, the play clocks were always under 5 seconds before the ball was snapped.

One thing is for sure, Johnson Central has a top notch team and Ashland's coaches obviously understood that in order to remain in the game it needed to be a short one. They executed well but it wasn't enough to overcome the difference in physical talent. It's as obvious as Bob Segar's lack of intellect.
Leaping Lee Wrote:One thing is for sure, Johnson Central has a top notch team and Ashland's coaches obviously understood that in order to remain in the game it needed to be a short one. They executed well but it wasn't enough to overcome the difference in physical talent. It's as obvious as Bob Segar's lack of intellect.

Easy on my main man there buddy..........

Ok, no more props for you... lol.
JC should beat Belfry by at least 2 touchdowns . The true test for JC is FT Highlands . I think Belcher will carry the load for JC in playoffs . As coach said we need the big time players to step up in the big games . We will see .
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Threads are so much better without podunker and fb_fan.

podunker Wrote:JC should beat Belfry by at least 2 touchdowns . The true test for JC is FT Highlands . I think Belcher will carry the load for JC in playoffs . As coach said we need the big time players to step up in the big games . We will see .

Spoke too soon.... But in the words of podunker............ "The Playoffs Are Coming............."

Just like Paul Revere's made his famous saying "The British are Coming" on his midnight ride.....

Maybe podunker can coin the phrase "The Playoffs are Coming"
I think JC is the best team in the Mountains this year . But Belfry seems to make it to State Championship games a lot more often . If JC dont make it this year I dont see them making it any time soon .
podunker Wrote:I think JC is the best team in the Mountains this year . But Belfry seems to make it to State Championship games a lot more often . If JC dont make it this year I dont see them making it any time soon .

If Belfry's road went through Fort Thomas they wouldn't make it either. Just sayin.
Call it like I see it . The playoffs are coming up. Deal with it . Quote you can't stand the truth .
podunker Wrote:I think JC is the best team in the Mountains this year . But Belfry seems to make it to State Championship games a lot more often . If JC dont make it this year I dont see them making it any time soon .

Our friend podunker has diarrhea of the fingers........
:dump: :flush:
You are right. But Belfry plays Central from Louisville and they match up with them pretty good . Central has a least 3 or 4 D1 players on there team every year .

Statements like this is why no one can take you serious. If you knew anything about JCHS program then you would know that things never looked so good for the next 4 or 5 years! There is so much young talent coming up and already on this team its scary! I noticed you are still hung up on Belcher! listen I love the kid to death and he is a stud at running back but come on man the stable of backs sure take a load off of everyone keying on one person! Its nice to have so many weapons! :HitWall:
podunker Wrote:You are right. But Belfry plays Central from Louisville and they match up with them pretty good . Central has a least 3 or 4 D1 players on there team every year .

Yeah the same team that has so many D1 players on it came down to little ol JCHS and got took to the wood shed!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Yeah the same team that has so many D1 players on it came down to little ol JCHS and got took to the wood shed!

Then Belfry took JC to the woodshed before losing to Central in the Finals the same year...

If Highlands were in another region we would be playing them in the championship for the last several years. It's just the way it's paired up but the championship road goes thru Highlands one way or another . One thing for sure you keep driving down that road you may get thru town.Hold the pedal down JC.
This is fun time of the year when everyone is on everyone elses threads.
maximus73 Wrote:If Highlands were in another region we would be playing them in the championship for the last several years. It's just the way it's paired up but the championship road goes thru Highlands one way or another . One thing for sure you keep driving down that road you may get thru town.Hold the pedal down JC.

That's a fact.

Coulda... woulda.... shoulda.... But it will happen, the only variable is time.
You gotta love the Belfry and JC game . Like two brothers fighting in the back yard. Jump on one and the other turns on you.
After this game JC fans will support Belfry and vise versa

:dudecomeon: :lame:

Our 8th grade team is playing in the Middle School Final Four this Saturday. The same team as 7th graders won the state championship.

Our 7th grade team lost in the regional finals to a very game Corbin team.

Not too mention the other players in the Junior/Sophomore/Frosh classes that have played in the varsity games this season.
podunker Wrote:Call it like I see it . The playoffs are coming up. Deal with it . Quote you can't stand the truth .

Wow.... it's like podunker can predict the future.

With only one week left in the regular season, then playoffs start.

I don't play the lottery, but if I did... podunker would be picking my numbers.
Leaping Lee Wrote:One thing is for sure, Johnson Central has a top notch team and Ashland's coaches obviously understood that in order to remain in the game it needed to be a short one. They executed well but it wasn't enough to overcome the difference in physical talent. It's as obvious as Bob Segar's lack of intellect.

haha, Oh, quite the opposite there, Aunt Bea....I'd noticed something eerily familar regarding your posts that reminded me of an old friend from the past....Finally it hit me, that those posts with the often time vulgar or suggestive content can only belong to one mentally screwed up person....."Why that's Aunt Bea", says I .Confusednicker:....Just how many accounts have you had over the years anyways?? Hey, I remember only a couple of years ago that I immediately nailed you on one of your comeback attempts.. Gee, I must really be slipping here in my old age, to let this go on for the last couple of months and not immediately pick up on it...lol

BTW, also sorry about the passing of Lou Reed over the weekend, BH. I know that he was your yester year link to that "walk on the wild side". Ah, the 70's they were great weren't they???:biggrin:

Go ahead and try to pass this off as Seger being some sort of a nut, but I gotcha "AGAIN" old buddy. And you know I have.:Clap:

...Hang in there old friend!!!
:blabbermoGotta love Pondunker he sure keeps it creative.
This is going to be a physical battle!

Johnson Central - 43

Belfry - 37
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10