Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central @ Belfry 11/1/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:The key to BELFRY winning is not letting #4 in the backfield to kill ya....that little feller is a beast...

I agree with that. That is a very nice observation.

On the flip side, it is imperative that the JC defensive linemen occupy the Belfry O-Line so that Mr. Auxier doesn't take big hits and has space to move in order to get penetration.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:For real.... This series is great for both programs. I just wish it was played earlier in the year and not the week before the playoffs.

Last year, JC had an incredible win vs. Ashland the week before the Belfry game. Then JC came out and did not play anywhere close to their normal performance.

Then right after the Belfry game was the playoffs.

This is always a hard hitting, grind it out, don't blink first.... type of a game. I would like to see this game around the 4th or 5th week of the season.

Not bashing your JC Eagles, but if they run the ball instead of throw 4 straight times on their last drive, JC wins. Just saying! If I'm wrong let me know.
JC by 10.
dns Wrote:Not bashing your JC Eagles, but if they run the ball instead of throw 4 straight times on their last drive, JC wins. Just saying! If I'm wrong let me know.

Are you talking about last season's game......?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Are you talking about last season's game......?

Yea.
Have not seen Belfry but I have seen JC and they are REALLY good. Plus, they have an awesome PA system and play great music.

JC by 20
Leaping Lee Wrote:Have not seen Belfry but I have seen JC and they are REALLY good. Plus, they have an awesome PA system and play great music.

JC by 20

And NotsoBADCAT will confirm it too!!!

He's our biggest fan.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Are you talking about last season's game......?

Hey PF, you at work or watching film?
Bob Seger Wrote:And NotsoBADCAT will confirm it too!!!

He's our biggest fan.

I'm a great admirer of the young men who represent Johnson Central. They are very talented, play hard, and display great sportsmanship.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Have not seen Belfry but I have seen JC and they are REALLY good. Plus, they have an awesome PA system and play great music.

JC by 20

the game is at Belfry so the PA system wont matter,lol
dns Wrote:Hey PF, you at work or watching film?

Neither......
cuppett777 Wrote:the game is at Belfry so the PA system wont matter,lol

Doesn't hange the facts that you have an awesome PA system.
dns Wrote:Yea.

?

Belfry had a 2 possession lead and JC scored a trash TD on the last play of regulation??

You are talking about last year's Belfry/JC game right?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:?

Belfry had a 2 possession lead and JC scored a trash TD on the last play of regulation??

You are talking about last year's Belfry/JC game right?

Yea! If I call . JC was driving on their last drive, I believe around the 40 or 30 yard line late in the 4th,and threw the football 4 straight times. I may be wrong.
dns Wrote:Yea! If I call . JC was driving on their last drive, I believe around the 40 or 30 yard line late in the 4th,and threw the football 4 straight times. I may be wrong.

Yeah I think you are thinking of the wrong game... Gound scored like a 40 yard TD as time expired to cut the margin to a one possession game last year.

Belfry had went on a long time consuming drive behind Hatfield to take a 17-6 lead then JC got that TD once the game was decided.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yeah I think you are thinking of the wrong game... Gound scored like a 40 yard TD as time expired to cut the margin to a one possession game last year.

Belfry had went on a long time consuming drive behind Hatfield to take a 17-6 lead then JC got that TD once the game was decided.

Don't think so. Maybe some more JC fans can help.
dns Wrote:Don't think so. Maybe some more JC fans can help.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146158&highlight=Belfry+Johnson+Central+Updates&page=4

Here ya go..last year's Update thread.

Belfry took the 17-6 lead with 41.7 seconds left following a 98 yard drive.

then...
EKUAlum05 Wrote::37 left

JC balls around the 47

Gound complete and short of 1st, 2nd and 2 as clock runs.
Complete and that should just about do it.....

Gound keeps it and scores as Belfry lets the clock run out...TD JC

FINAL
Belfry 17
JC 12
Like I said, if i was wrong.I'm wrong!!
dns Wrote:Like I said, if i was wrong.I'm wrong!!

HAHA it is no problem man... Lord knows I have had moments myself
Leaping Lee Wrote:Doesn't hange the facts that you have an awesome PA system.

I only wish that the game would have been played at JC this year Leper Lee. We have an awesome cover of the Andy Griffith theme song that I'm sure you would really dig. Kinda jazzed it up just a little bit. I know that Aunt Bea would really appreciate it.Confusedhh:

:popcorn:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA it is no problem man... Lord knows I have had moments myself

I think it was when JC was driving, when they where down 10- 6. but i'll let it die! Thanks for the thread EKU.. Good luck Friday.
Just for fun read the mayfield topix they think nobody can beat them . I said we need a game next year they said we was afraid two play .
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Don't forget about his 10 best friends on defense either....

They don't get 21 tackles in a game....lol...
JC has had some great teams in years past and so has Belfry but when they play each other no one knows who comes out victorious till the dust settles. But I think JC will come in focused and ready to play.I believe they will return to Johnson Co. 10-0. Matney and Haywood are both great coaches and these games have layed in their laps several times because of the player eqaulity of both teams. But this years group at JC I feel are unstoppable as long as they stay focused and fight together.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:They don't get 21 tackles in a game....lol...

That may be true.... but trust me, there is much more to worry about on defense than just him.
Central 41
Belfry 14
wooderson Wrote:Central 41
Belfry 14

Why not just ask Stardust or QQ to rename yourself something with Belfry in it.... "Belfry Motivator" or something along those lines. Cause that's all this prediction is good for.... Motivation for Belfry.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:That may be true.... but trust me, there is much more to worry about on defense than just him.

And trust me ....i know but that kid is everywhere...but i know coach sees it and will adjust....i just hope BELFRY can put together a complete game if they do we win...I'm not saying JC isn't good but they haven't been tested....if we show up and fumble 5 times it's ugly....i see this as a game that will have you on the edge of your seat...
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Why not just ask Stardust or QQ to rename yourself something with Belfry in it.... "Belfry Motivator" or something along those lines. Cause that's all this prediction is good for.... Motivation for Belfry.

I am in a similar boat as him and I think several other prominent Belfry fans agree.

The Belfry team who has been out there the majority of the season, specifically the past two weeks, will get ambushed and destroyed by JC.

If it were an isolated incident that Belfry was having about a Quarter Long stretch of sleep walking in a game's 1st Half then it would be a different thing, but at this point it is most definitely a trend moreso than an anomaly.

The Pirates have had the propensity to go on a stretch of about 12:00 where their defense can't stop ANYONE and their offense can't help but stopping itself. Luckily Belfry has been so much more talented they have been able to rebound in the 2nd Half and make up for it.

Against JC they don't have that luxury as JC is so good even when Belfry brings their A Game they still won't be able to necessarily outclass the Eagles. If Belfry gives up 3 straight TD's to JC those are 3 straight TD's the Pirates won't be able to make up.

Either Belfry wins a close game...or Belfry gets beat badly. I don't see a middle ground with this particular team.Even with both teams playing their best

Offense= EQUAL... maybe slight edge to Belfry
Defense= JC slight to heavy advantage
Special Teams= JC slight to heavy advantage
Let's not ignore that Central struggled mightily for a while to get the ball away from Ashland last week. Couldn't stop the QB on the keeper. Defense couldn't get off the field the ENTIRE SECOND QUARTER. Ashland has Baker, who requires constant attention, but not the depth or balance of the Belfry backfield.

So we are all just as worried as you are. In summary.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10