Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Red Devils 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
WOW what a team returning!!!!!!!!!!!
Drew Abrams leading rusher
David Bailey, all around return guy
Adam Bates- POwer runner at the full back
AJ Cordle- best completion rating of a QB- quick!!

MIkey Dillon - both sides of the ball
Kamron Smith - starting LB
Wil Rice- starting LB
Drew Miller- big lineman
Spencer Hutchison - will make a great addition
NIck Blevins- get ready in the off season

Jason Dolly start learning the backfield , would love to see you in there running the ball. Great Leg and use the other one next year to run the ball.
Doesn't look bad at all..
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:WOW what a team returning!!!!!!!!!!!
Drew Abrams leading rusher
David Bailey, all around return guy
Adam Bates- POwer runner at the full back
AJ Cordle- best completion rating of a QB- quick!!

MIkey Dillon - both sides of the ball
Kamron Smith - starting LB
Wil Rice- starting LB
Drew Miller- big lineman
Spencer Hutchison - will make a great addition
NIck Blevins- get ready in the off season

Jason Dolly start learning the backfield , would love to see you in there running the ball. Great Leg and use the other one next year to run the ball.
Doesn't look bad at all..

It does sound like they will be pretty good. One question, though. Do they have anyone to fill the Adam Foster/Josh Wills type of role? If they have someone ready to step into that role, then they could definitely go a long way.
Next season starts now for the Red Devils to get back to glory!
So Tyler Jones graduated?
bluegrassballa Wrote:So Tyler Jones graduated?

Yep this was tylers last year.
I dont think that we will be bad at all, we did lose a considerable amount of size and aggresion. That just means we half to work extra hard to make it to our ultimate goal Lousiville. And it all starts Monday.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:Yep this was tylers last year.
Hmm. That sucks. But keep working hard, and you WILL, be playing on the carpet next year. I'll be rooting for Russell next year. Good luck!:Wave:
RedDevil_TE Wrote:I dont think that we will be bad at all, we did lose a considerable amount of size and aggresion. That just means we half to work extra hard to make it to our ultimate goal Lousiville. And it all starts Monday.

If Russell's kids had a mandatory weight program during the off season no one could touch Russell.
Hit the weights and improve your strength and speed and you'll be there for sure. If you don't do those things it's all just wishful thinking and a lot of breaks have to go your way to make it to the pizza box again.
Yea i forgot Max Rogers in that post too. He makes some big hits, As far as guard goes, I think we will surprised at that position next year, I heard that someone real strong and loves to hit will probably be making a run for it. If he doesnt look for Spencer Hutchison to fill that slot.
Who would that be, Making a run at Guard? There are always kids stepping up that no one counts on.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:I dont think that we will be bad at all, we did lose a considerable amount of size and aggresion. That just means we half to work extra hard to make it to our ultimate goal Lousiville. And it all starts Monday.
That is a great attitude. I think you guys will make another serious run at it next year. There is alot of talent comming back. I sure would like to see you guys get a return engagement with Breathitt next year.
3A should be loaded again next year in the East, it looks as if Russell will be awesome, Bretahitt returns most of their team, and Belfry is very Junior laden... should be an absolute war AGAIN next season.
Hopefully they will pass quite a bit more next year. With AJ there it should make it interesting. Gotta get the ball into the hands of the play makers more often. Mitchell or Bailey don't get enough touches on the ball. I think Bailey led the team in All purpose yds, with very minimal touches all year.
EkyLb Wrote:Hopefully they will pass quite a bit more next year. With AJ there it should make it interesting. Gotta get the ball into the hands of the play makers more often. Mitchell or Bailey don't get enough touches on the ball. I think Bailey led the team in All purpose yds, with very minimal touches all year.

Russell will never turn into a passing team. Just not gonna happen. Ivan and staff will have a game plan in place for next year and unless Bailey can come up with some consistency they are just fine spreading the ball around.
Midee1 Wrote:Russell will never turn into a passing team. Just not gonna happen. Ivan and staff will have a game plan in place for next year and unless Bailey can come up with some consistency they are just fine spreading the ball around.

Dont say never, I do remember a passing team at Russell, and I mean passing. I cant remember what year it was but Russell lead the state in passing or holds some kind of record at KHSAA for passing. I think it was in the early 90's. They were tough too, alot of speed and height on that team. Anybody remember the QB name. I think DAY was the leading receiver and Matt was the QB. I am thinking 94 for some reason.
How could I forget Justin Frazier,,, wow this is looking better all the time.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:How could I forget Justin Frazier,,, wow this is looking better all the time.

justin michtell
ok i believe the guards will be joey roark and cameron

ross may if he gains some meat will be in the running for tight end

if traivs jones learns morris's d then he will be in the d backfield
and derek foson will be in the back fiel also
EkyLb Wrote:Hopefully they will pass quite a bit more next year. With AJ there it should make it interesting. Gotta get the ball into the hands of the play makers more often. Mitchell or Bailey don't get enough touches on the ball. I think Bailey led the team in All purpose yds, with very minimal touches all year.

Yes david bailey was leading in "all purpose yards" drew abrams had almost more"rushing" yards than he had all purpose, and he did not even return punts kickoff catch passes or anything of the sort
We have Drew Miller returning for right tackle and mike dillon for tight end and justin mitchell for split...but we need 2 guards( most likely Kameron and Joey) a Center(nick blevins) and a left tackle
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Dont say never, I do remember a passing team at Russell, and I mean passing. I cant remember what year it was but Russell lead the state in passing or holds some kind of record at KHSAA for passing. I think it was in the early 90's. They were tough too, alot of speed and height on that team. Anybody remember the QB name. I think DAY was the leading receiver and Matt was the QB. I am thinking 94 for some reason.

Tyler Wayant-QB 1516 pass yds - 1998
Ryan Day- WR 1124 rec yds-1998
DevilsWin Wrote:If Russell's kids had a mandatory weight program during the off season no one could touch Russell.
Hit the weights and improve your strength and speed and you'll be there for sure. If you don't do those things it's all just wishful thinking and a lot of breaks have to go your way to make it to the pizza box again.

I know what you mean, they need to MAKE us come to weightlifting...some people just dont care and goof off...EVERYONE who is playing football next year better come to weightlifting and bust your butt everyday we have it..and do stuff outside of that too!!!
RedDevilRB Wrote:I know what you mean, they need to MAKE us come to weightlifting...some people just dont care and goof off...EVERYONE who is playing football next year better come to weightlifting and bust your butt everyday we have it..and do stuff outside of that too!!!

You said it right there and if you are who i think you are than you need to start be a leader now and get everyone to come out and do just that. don't weight untill the season starts. To start be that person do it now.Like i think you said in a diffrent post the new season starts monday,and last years freshman make sure they get in teh weight room as well only a couple of them last year worked out.So Thank you all for a great season that you gave all of us.And lets have another great year next year.
I know a kid from Russell who now lives with his parents in Lexington. He is a Freshman at Tates Creek. Started special teams this year and was the #2 SS on Defense. He plays Baseball too and I asked him yesterday what's next. Well he said, Weight lifting starts Monday and baseball started already. He plays Babe Ruth, JV baseball and Varsity Football. As A Freshman at a AAAAAA School. He makes A's and B's and is already taking honors classes. That is leadership.

I've been joking with him trying to get him to move back and live with his grandparents but he say's no! Why? Because he already believes that through hard work and determination anything can be happen. He gets in his teammates faces and say's how do you guys expect to win State against St X and Trinity if we don't start NOW! He's only 5'9" and 158 pounds and he's a wedge buster on Kick-off team.:eek:

His inspiration at Russell is Josh Gross. His Dad's girlfriend got him a replica Russell #24 jersey from Sam Sparks 3 years ago for Christmas because that's what he wanted more than anything.

FBall and I played with his Dad.

Russell needs more kids like this! Are there any? Or did they all move away?Sad
DevilsWin Wrote:His inspiration at Russell is Josh Gross. His Dad's girlfriend got him a replica Russell #24 jersey from Sam Sparks 3 years ago for Christmas

:confused:
Midee1 Wrote::confused:
That was an exapmle of how leadership has an effect of younger kids.
DevilsWin Wrote:That was an exapmle of how leadership has an effect of younger kids.

My question was about the jersey number. :p
Midee1 Wrote:My question was about the jersey number. :p
Oh yeah, 25. :o
DevilsWin Wrote:Oh yeah, 25. :o

i have already talked to a few people..and we are gonna take a few weeks off to get our selves back together from the beatings this yr then hit the weights and runnin HARD
RedDevilRB Wrote:i have already talked to a few people..and we are gonna take a few weeks off to get our selves back together from the beatings this yr then hit the weights and runnin HARD
:Thumbs: That's the "Heart of a Devil " speaking.

We'll be looking to you as a team captain next year!

Now's the time to show leadership.:thumpsup:
Never let the other team out work you.:devilflam
Never let the other team out work you.:devilflam[/quote]
thats correct...i always think of that when im working out....for example "i bet mason county is doing one more rep then me" so i do another and so on and so on
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13