Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Red Devils 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Who are some good juniors Russell has I know they got the two linebackers but who else does this class have that can play some football?
Travis Jones
Russell Jr.s's that we will see - Jones, Rice, Smith, Hutchinson, and Stapleton.
sore_looser Wrote:Russell Jr.s's that we will see - Jones, Rice, Smith, Hutchinson, and Stapleton.

Does this class have any lineman?
Rice, Smith, Hutchinson are 3 great kids and if they are the middle 3, that would be great too.
Max will do good this year step up and do good at safety.
True -Max should play good this year.
What will the O line and D line look like this year?
o-line
c- Nick
g- Kamron, Cody
t- Miller, Spencer
te-Dillon, Mitchell

d-line
Miller, Dillon, Porter
Some_Kid Wrote:o-line
c- Nick
g- Kamron, Cody
t- Miller, Spencer
te-Dillon, Mitchell

d-line
Miller, Dillon, Porter

If koty perkins works hard he can earn a spot at guard.
oh who else do they have to fill the spot
Some_Kid Wrote:oh who else do they have to fill the spot

Will Rice
I agree with the list of players and spots..
highschoolfootballfan Wrote:Will Rice

Which players are in the running for the 2 defensive end spots that Jones and Foster had last year?
Russelldad Wrote:Which players are in the running for the 2 defensive end spots that Jones and Foster had last year?

Travis jones at bandit, and the other one is up for grabbs
highschoolfootballfan Wrote:Travis jones at bandit, and the other one is up for grabbs

thanks. I think Travis will do well there.
hey Midee how about some updated pic of the field.
kybaseball Wrote:hey Midee how about some updated pic of the field.

Went over and looked at it today...WOW, what a difference a couple of weeks makes...It has really filled in these last couple of weeks...With another month of growing time in the hottest month of the year it should look great at the first home game...People won't be able to dog our field anymore if it continues to progress as it has so far...

FBALL, I am no longer worried!!!
I went to look at the field on Thurs. and other than a few bare spots (and I mean a few) the field looked great I believe I stopped by right after they cut the grass and it made it look really good. It will look even better when it is painted with that BIG "R" in the middle of it. I can't wait just a few more weeks.
devil58 Wrote:Went over and looked at it today...WOW, what a difference a couple of weeks makes...It has really filled in these last couple of weeks...With another month of growing time in the hottest month of the year it should look great at the first home game...People won't be able to dog our field anymore if it continues to progress as it has so far...

FBALL, I am no longer worried!!!

It is looking pretty good.
Looking much much much much much better. I think as long as they keep it saturated with water for the next month, it should get in good and strong. If not it will be bare by the end of the season.
I walked down to the field last week, and I'm no expert grassman but it's looking good to me!
DevilsWin Wrote:I walked down to the field last week, and I'm no expert grassman but it's looking good to me!

Don't lie. We all know you know all about the "grass".
Russelldad Wrote:Which players are in the running for the 2 defensive end spots that Jones and Foster had last year?
Right now, Derek Fosson is playing whip and Travis Jones at bandit
Are they going to have the maroon and white game on the field in a few weeks???
I believe they are having the maroon-white scrimmage on the JFL field, but I could be wrong on that. If it was me if I could have the JFL field for the scrimmage then I believe I would take it so the field will not be disturbed until the first game.
M/W on the JFL. Is correct as I know it.
Beetle01 Wrote:Looking much much much much much better. I think as long as they keep it saturated with water for the next month, it should get in good and strong. If not it will be bare by the end of the season.

Did they sow any Bermuda grass any place else on the grounds? The reason i ask is it is a wise thing to do so if the field start to look bad they can replace it especially when playoff time rolls around.
Could the fine fans from Russell give me the history/info on The Backyard Brawl?
kybaseball Wrote:Could the fine fans from Russell give me the history/info on The Backyard Brawl?

What are you wanting to know? The only thing I recall off the top of my head is that Russell has had the trophy since the inception of the backyard brawl.
Midee1 Wrote:What are you wanting to know? The only thing I recall off the top of my head is that Russell has had the trophy since the inception of the backyard brawl.

When did it start. Has it always been against Greenup?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13