Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Red Devils 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
mrfootball03 Wrote:Believe it or not, that was Belfry's theme through the late ninties... AIR RAID LOL yep its true we actually threw it alot then.. haha
I remember that. My nephew played for Pikeville around that time. I can't remember the name of the QB from Belfry but he was pretty good.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:We Dont Like Pot Stirrers Do We Fball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No way. Confusedhh:
FBALL Wrote:Quit stirring the pot. Trouble maker.
LOL your the one to talk.
Sponge Bob Wrote:It appears that you think a multiple attack offense correlates to good coaching. It is sad how wrong you are. Now you can argue that the limitations of the wing-T are its downfall, and you would be correct to a point. However, there is more to being successful as a football team and a coach than having a multiple attack. It's called "execution". Russell is extremely effective in it's "old school, monkey taught" offense because of their GREAT EXECUTION of it. Yes, keeping what you are going to do a secret from the defense is a good thing, but I think it is also a GREAT testament to the ability of a football team to say, "I'm going to run this exact play at you, so see if you can stop it", and they can't! More times than not (by a long shot), when McGlone's wing-T offense is not effective, it is due to players not executing blocks correctly or to being simply outmatched physically. If you are not blocking the right people or or overmatched physically, then it really doesn't matter what offense you are running. Just curious, what would your opinions of the coaching staff be if next year, they implemented the Tony Franklin system and won a state championship? Would they now be "geniuses?" What if they did change to a completely new offensive system and were not effective with it, only winning an average of 3 games per season for the next 10 years?

Stating that Coach McGlone is not a good coach because of the offense he runs is the most absurd thing you can say. Russell is usually blessed with some good athletes, but give us a break. There are not great athletes coming out of the woodwork year in and year out. Do you seriously think that Russell had more good athletes this year than Ashland or Mason County, to name a few teams? To think so is asinine. I have watched Russell football for many years now,and I have seen them actually beat the majority of teams they have played with equal or moderately better talent. The games they lose are usually from facing teams with MUCH BETTER TALENT. There aren't too many times a team with much lesser talent wins.

I think you are actually proving the opposite point. I think Coach McGlone and the rest of the staff should get extra big props for being as effective year in and year out WITHOUT running a multiple attack offense. I think that tells us the true quality of their coaching ability.

If the offense a coach runs dictates how "good" of a coach they are, then I guess Bob Lutz, Phillip Haywood, to name a few, are HORRIBLE coaches.

Oh yeah, my two cents worth on the whole running back thing here. I didn't have the privilege of seeing the great running backs from the 1970's and before, but I've seen most of the rest. And yes, Ray Clark was very fast and talented, and a great running back, but 40 yard shuffle times and such don't always correlate to making you the "best" at your position. Josh Gross, in my opinion, is by far the best, pure, running back I've seen at Russell. Let's see, he rushed for a school record 289 yards and 5 TD's in the pouring rain against a pretty good Fleming County team. He then followed that up by rushing for 208 yards against an EXTREMELY good Belfry State Championship team. Those don't prove my point, but the are some fodder against saying he never played well against good teams. There are many more, but I'll keep it short.

:notworthy Great Post!! My point to this kid was never a question of which one is "THE BEST RB EVER AT RUSSELL". I was never saying anything of his opinion that they weren't the best. My point is that they are a couple OF THE BEST RB EVER AT RUSSELL. It's just not getting through to this kid. He thinks he knows everything about football and everyone else on here is just a bunch of idiots. There are more than one way to win a football game. He thinks Russell has played weak talent over the past 3 years so that means that their players weren't great. He's solely basing that opinion on the district and not the other really good teams that Russell has played over the past few years. I'm done with him, it's not worth my time.
Sponge Bob Wrote:I'm all over it. I've now got the new design right here! Be the first to get it right here:

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn Smile This is CLASSIC!!!
FBALL Wrote:I remember that. My nephew played for Pikeville around that time. I can't remember the name of the QB from Belfry but he was pretty good.

your probably talking about Johnathan Wright.. Big QB.. he's prolly 6'4 or 6'5 230.. probably more now... anyways... hes not the QB coach at Belfry...
mrfootball03 Wrote:your probably talking about Johnathan Wright.. Big QB.. he's prolly 6'4 or 6'5 230.. probably more now... anyways... hes not the QB coach at Belfry...
Thats him.
[quote=mrfootball03]your probably talking about Johnathan Wright.. Big QB.. he's prolly 6'4 or 6'5 230.. probably more now... anyways... hes not the QB coach at Belfry...[/quote]

hes now the QB coach at Belfry is what I meant
Proposed starting line-up? for 2008
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Proposed starting line-up? for 2008

Offense

QB-Cordle
FB-Bates/Rice
RB-Abrams
RB-Bailey
TE-Dillon
SE-Mitchell
T-Miller
G-K Smith
C-Nick something, his last name I cant think if right off, and the roster won't come up on the website
G,T ??????????????

Defense
front 5 I have no idea other than Dillon and Miller in there somewhere
LB's-same 2 as last yr, Smith and Rice
Db's-Cordle, Fosson, Bailey, Abrams
EkyLb Wrote:Offense
QB-Cordle
FB-Bates/Rice
RB-Abrams
RB-Bailey
TE-Dillon
SE-Mitchell
T-Miller
G-K Smith
C-Nick something, his last name I cant think if right off, and the roster won't come up on the website
G,T ??????????????

Defense
front 5 I have no idea other than Dillon and Miller in there somewhere
LB's-same 2 as last yr, Smith and Rice
Db's-Cordle, Fosson, Bailey, Abrams

Nick Blevins 5'11" 210.
DevilsWin Wrote:Nick Blevins 5'11" 210.

Spencer Hutchison is a candidate also. 5'10" and 190 - solid as a rock, tough as nails and meaner than a stripedbottom snake.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Spencer Hutchison is a candidate also. 5'10" and 190 - solid as a rock, tough as nails and meaner than a stripedbottom snake.

that is true but if plays anywhere it will be a Tackle or Noose
nose guard probably
The other tackle should be SETH HARVEY 6'7" 330.........Not wishful thinking.... just positive reinforcment....................
Just wondering when he will come home?????
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:The other tackle should be SETH HARVEY 6'7" 330.........Not wishful thinking.... just positive reinforcment....................
Just wondering when he will come home?????

He played well in the 6A title game @ St X vs Trinity. He was the biggest man on the field at times. For a while he was playing every other offensive series.
I just miss the little feller.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I just miss the little feller.
Ain't notin' little about him!!!
Yes there is...his voice... you hardly ever hear a word out of him.....quiet spoken for monster.
I look for Russell to have another great season. I think we will be very surprised at just how good a QB Cordle is. I think the two young linebackers will also be much improved.
Jeepman Wrote:I look for Russell to have another great season. I think we will be very surprised at just how good a QB Cordle is. I think the two young linebackers will also be much improved.
I still believe that Jones should have been a feature back and AJ should have been the QB this past season! It would have given us more depth on offense!
Ditto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The funny thing about Seth Harvey is that they played him on offense at St. X. They said he was "too slow" for defense! From what I saw out of him at Russell, he was (unmotivatedly) mediocre on offense and the best young defensive lineman I've probably ever seen, at Russell.
Sponge Bob Wrote:The funny thing about Seth Harvey is that they played him on offense at St. X. They said he was "too slow" for defense! From what I saw out of him at Russell, he was (unmotivatedly) mediocre on offense and the best young defensive lineman I've probably ever seen, at Russell.
That's the difference between 3A ball and 6A ball, I guess.
So ive been hearing a rumor that seth is moving back. Can anyone tell me if there is any truth in this rumor?
I did not want to say it yet but I to have heard this from other people. I had heard that he wants to move back and that is Dad would also. I dont know if it is true so maybe when his Dad reads this he could save us someheart ache of waiting and wanting. Come on Dad fill us in. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jgrubby Wrote:I still believe that Jones should have been a feature back and AJ should have been the QB this past season! It would have given us more depth on offense!

I would have to agree with that. Cordle looked very impressive on the game winning drive against Ashland. I would have loved to see Jones healthy and the feature running back. Oh well. Water under the bridge.
Russell has a great JFL Program and that leads to a loaded High School team, year after year.

Russell might go up and down a bit on talent, but will never be considered a weak team on any year.
Oh where oh where have all the Russell fans gone.
Still here. Just waiting for football season to roll around again. I'm sure the talk will pick up in the summer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13