Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 8th Grade Football Players in the State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
i know im a bit late in reply, but if #23 is the best rec youve ever seen how is it an advantage to ryan to have the tall ones. either the 6-5 rec #11 jordan hatton for lex cath is the best rec youve ever seen or skyler has the advantage with #23. witch is it, because i would agree that both kids are great players at receiver, but ryan is pretty good as well.
No question it is Mason Fish Henry county
hardworktoday Wrote:i know im a bit late in reply, but if #23 is the best rec youve ever seen how is it an advantage to ryan to have the tall ones. either the 6-5 rec #11 jordan hatton for lex cath is the best rec youve ever seen or skyler has the advantage with #23. witch is it, because i would agree that both kids are great players at receiver, but ryan is pretty good as well.

Ryan's best at throwing the deep ball with great accuracy. There are receivers who are better fits for throwing the deep ball such as Hatton, and there are receivers like #23 who is a better overall receiver with the ability to create for himself once he gets the ball. I don't like to compare MS athletes to pros, but for example Randy Moss has great size(6'6") and speed and probably the greatest deep threat of all time, but there are still better receivers such as a Jerry Rice.
hardworktoday Wrote:i know im a bit late in reply, but if #23 is the best rec youve ever seen how is it an advantage to ryan to have the tall ones. either the 6-5 rec #11 jordan hatton for lex cath is the best rec youve ever seen or skyler has the advantage with #23. witch is it, because i would agree that both kids are great players at receiver, but ryan is pretty good as well.

Good point. I like the skills of #23 over #11, but the size of #11 (in my opinion) allows for more room for error on the QB's part. I didn't mean that Ryan is not a good QB, he is very good. The thread was to pick one. Witnessing only one game each, I chose Skyler, he gave the BIG RED fits with his throwing and running ability. I believe both QBs and both receivers have great high school careers ahead of them.
Old Redhound Wrote:Good point. I like the skills of #23 over #11, but the size of #11 (in my opinion) allows for more room for error on the QB's part. I didn't mean that Ryan is not a good QB, he is very good. The thread was to pick one. Witnessing only one game each, I chose Skyler, he gave the BIG RED fits with his throwing and running ability. I believe both QBs and both receivers have great high school careers ahead of them.

i only got to see the williamsburg team play 3 games this year and i think skyler and #23 are great players. i do disagree with you on 2 point though. first i think ryan is very accurate and not just wanting to throw the deep ball. and i thought hatton #11 was the best receiver in the state. he is almost 6-6 with great speed and great hands, but he has two intangibles in his favor. first he never playrd wr until this season so he is just scratching the surface, the best thing he did was make his teammates better as he always drew 2 or 3 defenders on every snap. even corbin sent 2 or 3 at him opening up eveything else. but they are both special players
I agree that both QB's and both WR's are very good players. I just wanted to point out for anyone interested that #23's name is Corey Shelton and he may be a better corner then he is receiver and he is also one heck of a point guard for those that saw him lead his team to the final four at KBA.
Newjacket Wrote:I agree that both QB's and both WR's are very good players. I just wanted to point out for anyone interested that #23's name is Corey Shelton and he may be a better corner then he is receiver and he is also one heck of a point guard for those that saw him lead his team to the final four at KBA.

i totaly agree he was the best corner i saw all season. he also appered to be a good leader of his team. and i did see his preformance at kba and it was outstanding. look forward to his high school career
Does Bell County have anything this year ?
Definately Brandon Jones #8 For Hazard's 7th And 8th Grade Team. He Runs A 4.5 Forty Yard Dash. And He Is 5'7" And Benches 240 lbs. He Is A Stud Of A Running Back.:Thumbs:
Meece has a host of good players returning this year. They should have a good chance of taking another state title this year.
K.Hastings24 Wrote:Definately Brandon Jones #8 For Hazard's 7th And 8th Grade Team. He Runs A 4.5 Forty Yard Dash. And He Is 5'7" And Benches 240 lbs. He Is A Stud Of A Running Back.:Thumbs:

You're full of it. No 7th grader runs 4.5 or benches 240. Zero in America especially at 5-7 I'm sure he's a great player but let's see a video of this
He's an 8th grader...
The 4.5 forty, I can believe... That kid can fly!!! Faster than anyone on their high school team in my opinion...
Benching 240... Can't respond to that .. I just know he is FAST!!!
State wide, how good is the Baker kid from Boyd?
I coach Johnson County. He is for sure top 5. He could be the best.
K.Hastings24 Wrote:Definately Brandon Jones #8 For Hazard's 7th And 8th Grade Team. He Runs A 4.5 Forty Yard Dash. And He Is 5'7" And Benches 240 lbs. He Is A Stud Of A Running Back.:Thumbs:

Randall Cobb ran a 4.46 at the NFL combine.:please:

4.5, 7th grade? :thatsfunn :lmao:
Mr. Slate, i agree with you, i havent seen anyone any better than the Baker kid.
TE from Lexington Catholic is a good one, was named all-state as a 7th grader.
KnightTime Wrote:TE from Lexington Catholic is a good one, was named all-state as a 7th grader.

TE from Lex Cath is an unbelievable athlete. Hes a 6' 2" 13 year old TE, WR, LB that has great hands and for a kid that was even playing at the high schoolo level, and he most likely will be one of the fastest if not the fastest player on Lex Cath's MS team this fall. His father is also the head coach of our Lexington Catholic's high school football team.
Baker is 5'8 and 149 lbs...he was timed in 40 only once, he ran a 4.9 last year..his best 100 time last year, as a 6th grader was 12.1...His YPC last football season was 25+..He ran for 35 TDS in reglular season last year (10 games) he also passed for 5 TDS when running out of the Wildcat.
Brandon Jones is a great rb!
Guys the Jones kid from Hazard may very well run a 4.5. I've had the good fortune to watch and coach against him for a couple of years and I would put him up against any other middle school kid in the state running the 40. Speed kills and Hazard has another burner coming up to go along with their other speedsters. He's also a great kid, fun to be around and from what I hear he is a real easy kid to coach.
HC#40 Wrote:No question it is Mason Fish Henry county

i would have to say that the best 8th grade player in the state is carson williams from owen county or (bowling middle school) he can play any spot on the team very well
Mason Fish from Henry County. Expected to play varsity as a freshman. And heard he recieved letters from Private schools such as ST. Xavier and Trinity saying that they were interested in his Athletic contributions.
There is a player at Bardstown Middle school that started Frosh as a 7th grader. 6' and 235 pound OL and DL. He has great foot speed and fast. Blocking skills are freat.
:Thumbs:
BeReal Wrote:Mason Fish from Henry County. Expected to play varsity as a freshman. And heard he recieved letters from Private schools such as ST. Xavier and Trinity saying that they were interested in his Athletic contributions.

sooo has carson older brother one of the best basketball player in the state and a outstanding football player with a 3.4 gpa and the way carson is going he will be better then sawyer hands down that mr fish is a great player but dont talk about doing stuff that carson has already been planneing:Thumbs:
rebel 4 life Wrote::Thumbs:

sooo has carson older brother one of the best basketball player in the state and a outstanding football player with a 3.4 gpa and the way carson is going he will be better then sawyer hands down that mr fish is a great player but dont talk about doing stuff that carson has already been planneing:Thumbs:

Dude, why do you always have to make a point to try to top anything Henry County related? This isn't a debate on who is better. I was simply stating he was one of the most talented 8th graders from last season. It has nothing to do with what carson... or his older brother.. for that matter. In fact, i never once mention owen county, or directly addressed you
Chicago transplant into Campbell County Jamal Harris. His grandfather is former NFL QB James Harris.
What about Jordan Ray from well now Johnson Central. Also Seth Marcum from Adams. they went to Georgetown College and Ray got Dline of the camp and Marcum got DB. They are really going to be a factor in the big sandy this yr.
I think this year will be a good year for paintsville junior high football! They have a good O-Line and a strong and fast backfield!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12