Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 8th Grade Football Players in the State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Jnoble Wrote:The one player that I like is the O-line from Corbin. #76 I think his number is. I watched the semi final game and he was just blowing the Caldwell Co. kids off the ball. Kid has a future if he sticks to offensive line in high school. Has major D1 talent (IMO)

Ditto
Ryan from LC
Jnoble Wrote:The one player that I like is the O-line from Corbin. #76 I think his number is. I watched the semi final game and he was just blowing the Caldwell Co. kids off the ball. Kid has a future if he sticks to offensive line in high school. Has major D1 talent (IMO)
Couldnt you have thrown in #70 also...LOL, both #76 & #70 are hands down the best O-line tackle tandem in the region if not state....#70 received MVP honors for defense and all-state for offense. Sorry if I sound a little bias just very proud!!!!:Cheerlead:Thumbs:
SweetLemonade Wrote:Ryan from LC

Ditto Ditto.
The kid had a monster game against Corbin in the state finals, and Corbin had Lex Cath scouted very well.
No question that Jarrell from Adams should have been a minimum CO-All-state QB instead of SAFETY ???? Are you kidding .... I suspect that the nominations turned in for Jarredd where for QB not safety.
canoeman06 Wrote:No question that Jarrell from Adams should have been a minimum CO-All-state QB instead of SAFETY ???? Are you kidding ....

I'm sure it was a close ballot between Jaredd and Reese, but I do think my opinion and yours too are a bit biasd since we have seen every play that they both made this year. Jaredd is a dandy and if they had named them Co all-state I would of been very ok with it. Either way I'm glad they will both be playing together in Frankfort over Thanksgiving holidays. I have had a few pm with Jaredd's father and I hope to meet him down there.
When will the East / West all-stars be released ??
canoeman06 Wrote:When will the East / West all-stars be released ??

If they go by last year's format then the 13 that were named All State in each divisions were automatically on the team. I'm not 100% sure but the rest will be notified through their coaches I assume in the next week to 10 days. I guess they pick from the other nominees.
redhound93 Wrote:Couldnt you have thrown in #70 also...LOL, both #76 & #70 are hands down the best O-line tackle tandem in the region if not state....#70 received MVP honors for defense and all-state for offense. Sorry if I sound a little bias just very proud!!!!:Cheerlead:Thumbs:

Don't get all upset they based their opinion on one game they watched.
micheal wash 32 for bowlling middle school aka owen county went to some all star bowl
he a monster would not be surpise if he start next year
redhound93 Wrote:Couldnt you have thrown in #70 also...LOL, both #76 & #70 are hands down the best O-line tackle tandem in the region if not state....#70 received MVP honors for defense and all-state for offense. Sorry if I sound a little bias just very proud!!!!:Cheerlead:Thumbs:
Yeah i agree to that statement they are the best tandem in the state. My son ( I think you remember ole' #59 DT Kris Noble from Jackson Co, who had monster game against Corbin last year) and I watched the semi finals against Caldwell Co. and instantly #76 stood out. He was good last year when we played you guys in state and he has improved on top of that. The whole Corbin team has improved. #70 looked as well. Gosh be nice to see those three on the line together. Im still waiting word to see IF we are going to have JV team next year. If not we are bolting to greener pasture, or should I say "red" pasture.
I think Montgomery counts j.b mcnabb middle schools Keiton young is a great leader and
A outstanding young man and a terrific qb. He throws bout 15 times a game and complete 87% of them throwing a little under 200 yards per game. And he reads defences really good only throwing 2 ints all year. And knows when to run I asked him what was he's favorite part about being qb and h said " having the ball in my hands and the game on the line and groping backing and hitting my man in stride and hearing Youngster pass is complete touchdown Indians" he is a true leader
Corbin was the best tean that I saw in 8th grade tournment period. They would have won the D1 had they played in it.
Jnoble Wrote:Yeah i agree to that statement they are the best tandem in the state. My son ( I think you remember ole' #59 DT Kris Noble from Jackson Co, who had monster game against Corbin last year) and I watched the semi finals against Caldwell Co. and instantly #76 stood out. He was good last year when we played you guys in state and he has improved on top of that. The whole Corbin team has improved. #70 looked as well. Gosh be nice to see those three on the line together. Im still waiting word to see IF we are going to have JV team next year. If not we are bolting to greener pasture, or should I say "red" pasture.

It would be nice, and I know Corbin has a Freshman and JV team. So what are you waiting for?
(IMO) All these kids from Williamsburg are top in the state!
Keep in mind the regular season stats these kids played about 25 Quarters out of 40 because Williamsburg was so far ahead.

Skylar Giffith-QB#14

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSc5zW5l7pU"]YouTube - 2010 Skyler Griffith-8th Grade QB Williamsburg Middle[/nomedia]

Corey Shelton-WR/DB#23

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOHwFo1DtU"]YouTube - Corey Shelton #23 WR/DB Williamsburg Middle[/nomedia]

Michael Dylan Rose-WR/FB/TE/DE/NG/LB#44

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_r4u8P192g"]YouTube - Michael Dylan Rose #44 2010 WMS 8th grade[/nomedia]

Chase Lowrie-WR/RB#21

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvcIzZ5C_m4"]YouTube - Chase Lowrie #21 FB/WR 8th grade Williamsburg Middle 2010[/nomedia]

Chris Helton-OT/DT#63

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_Qg3Yt3jE"]YouTube - Chris Helton #63 OT/DT Williamsburg Middle[/nomedia]
I'll take the Williamsburg quarterback over Lex Cath QB. #23 for Wburg maybe the best receiver I've seen at this level, but the sweet spot for the those very tall LC receivers is BIG. I think I could have been a good QB throwing to them. Not to mention WQB's quickness and running ability. IMPRESSIVE!!!!
Old Redhound Wrote:I'll take the Williamsburg quarterback over Lex Cath QB. #23 for Wburg maybe the best receiver I've seen at this level, but the sweet spot for the those very tall LC receivers is BIG. I think I could have been a good QB throwing to them. Not to mention WQB's quickness and running ability. IMPRESSIVE!!!!

I have to agree. Admittedly biased, but after seeing both play I would have to say that arm strength and accuracy were about even and while Ryan may be good at running the ball, Skylar is just a little better.
Jacketpride Wrote:(IMO) All these kids from Williamsburg are top in the state!
Keep in mind the regular season stats these kids played about 25 Quarters out of 40 because Williamsburg was so far ahead.

Skylar Giffith-QB#14

Corey Shelton-WR/DB#23

Michael Dylan Rose-WR/FB/TE/DE/NG/LB#44

Chase Lowrie-WR/RB#21

Chris Helton-OT/DT#63

except when they played Corbin
Bobcat1997 Wrote:#14 Miller of the Bell Co Bobcats is a beast on defence, not the fastest but one of the strongest 8th graders i've ever seen. he will flat out lay you out
you would do well to follow the example of the thread above and not be such a "homer" we all think our kids are great but other opinions mean more here
meat loaf Wrote:Corbin was the best tean that I saw in 8th grade tournment period. They would have won the D1 had they played in it.
thanks meatloaf we feel that way also but are reluctant to mention it because it can't be proved. But if you knew someone who could set up an exibition.............
papawron Wrote:except when they played Corbin

papawron Wrote:thanks meatloaf we feel that way also but are reluctant to mention it because it can't be proved. But if you knew someone who could set up an exibition.............

Papawron.... First off theirs not 40 quarters in one game so just to let you know I said that they had only played 25 out of 40. Not saying they didn't play 4 quarters against Corbin.... that was just saying out of the regular 10 season games ..... Williamsburg really had only two close games one being South Pulaski which we won 38-32 and the other being Corbin which we lost 28-40... No reason to try to be little these kids and there accomplishments I was just stating they hadn't played the whole game in most of the games this season. With that being said I do think Corbins the best team in Kentucky with Williamsburg being second and South Pulaski being third.
Jacketpride Wrote:Papawron.... First off theirs not 40 quarters in one game so just to let you know I said that they had only played 25 out of 40. Not saying they didn't play 4 quarters against Corbin.... that was just saying out of the regular 10 season games ..... Williamsburg really had only two close games one being South Pulaski which we won 38-32 and the other being Corbin which we lost 28-40... No reason to try to be little these kids and there accomplishments I was just stating they hadn't played the whole game in most of the games this season. With that being said I do think Corbins the best team in Kentucky with Williamsburg being second and South Pulaski being third.

If I were you I would just ignore PapawRon, that's what everyone in Corbin tries to do.
papawron Wrote:Caleb Rollins 6'3" 220 tackle at Corbin--named MVP at Georgetown College middle school and high school (mostly high school) football camp this summer. Tanner Powers 5'9" 185 fullback-linebacker who can fly. See both at Division 2 state semi-finals @ Lexington Catholic this saturday

papawron Wrote:you would do well to follow the example of the thread above and not be such a "homer" we all think our kids are great but other opinions mean more here

Maybe you should take your own advice.:eyeroll:
jacketpride: I was just messin' with you cause you take it so seriously. I agree with your 1-2-3 although 3 was a surprise. At the end of the regular season I predicted Corbin, Williamsburg, and Lone Oak (based on last years 7th grade game) as state champs. You were the best team we saw in the regular season
When the topic is "the best middle school QB in Ky" the name Jarred Jarrell should always be part of that discussion. I've had several chances to watch Jarred this season and also his game on the web (Adams vs Lex Cath) and I also watch the Wiliamsburg QB on the web. As for what a player means to his team, throwing accuracy, running ability, being cool under pressure, being a leader Jarred Jarrell is definitely one of the BEST QBs in the state!
The Harris kid from Madison Middle absolute player that young man can fly and loves to hit. TongueirateSho
Some of the better players I seen this year were #5 for Lone oak #22 and #5 for Moss and #24 for southern pulaski.
BM82 Wrote:Fish from henry co

yes and also 32 from bowling middle schools (owen county) micheal wash
one of the best if not the best linebacker in the state
The best 8th Grade Football Player in the state resides in Hancock County. His name is Lane Stagnolia, he is 5 foot 9 and weighs 210lbs. Fullback, linebacker, Defensive End, hot dog seller, program manager, field stripper and drink pourer. He can do it all and will be the premier player in the North West KY for years to come.
Watch out for a kid in the 8th grade from Clay County. His name is Jacob Reid. He is 5"10 190 and that is solid. He benches 250 and is super fast. This kid is an awesome Linebacker that tracks down ball carriers like a HAWK. He is the hardest hitting young football player that I have seen in the last 25 years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12