Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 8th Grade Football Players in the State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Let me break something down... You left a quote about who you thought was the best player, and all I did was tell you what I saw in the one game of Frankforts I saw on game tape. You then leave a response about your team and being short on numbers. I understand that you are short on numbers but that had nothing to do with my response. I always sleep well and I dont need to know you man. Remember that!
I'll not mention Redhounds, but a few we have played.

Kid from Woodford Co. #32

Kid from Glasgow, #3

Both very big and fast for 8th graders. I may be wrong on their numbers.
#14 Miller of the Bell Co Bobcats is a beast on defence, not the fastest but one of the strongest 8th graders i've ever seen. he will flat out lay you out
Old Redhound Wrote:I'll not mention Redhounds, but a few we have played.

Kid from Woodford Co. #32

Kid from Glasgow, #3

Both very big and fast for 8th graders. I may be wrong on their numbers.

You are very right on the #32
Response to earlier Graves kid post.
This kid is a very good player. Graves only scored 20 points, 1 he ran in for a TD another he got a strip he ran in for an 80 yard TD. Not even to mention his 2-3 int's and several tackles, along with some strong runs. If any questions ask Bowling Green how good he is, he almost single handed beat them. Great Game Crider!!!!!
The entire offensive line for Knox.
the two backs from greenup are hard to handle. Lawson and Marsh who both averaged 200+ yards a game are b far great runners. Lawson finished his 8th grade season with 28tds 1487 yards and averaged 8.5 yards a carry marsh finished with 16 tds 998 yards with an average of 8.0 yards a carry. someone please tell me these two aren't at least in the top 10 for the state
The QB from Williamsburg would get my vote from all of the non redhound players that I've seen this year (2010). Extremely fast and good passer too.
Hunter Hall from LCC
adams QB #1
Hunter Hall from LCC has turned into an absolutely phenominal runner this year and I have no doubt he is one of the best in the state.:
Meade county has three standout players that prob has a shot. #8 john wilson qb. #22 david sipes runs with the ball as hard as ive seen in a while. And michael robey #74 offense center and defense mlb. They are all tough kids.
how about we show the line sum love..... who do u think is sum of the best linemen in ky.
big-jacket Wrote:how about we show the line sum love..... who do u think is sum of the best linemen in ky.

Cameron Bailey , 6'2" 220. He showed well at the top gun camp in VA this year
where is he from
GCLawson12 Wrote:the two backs from greenup are hard to handle. Lawson and Marsh who both averaged 200+ yards a game are b far great runners. Lawson finished his 8th grade season with 28tds 1487 yards and averaged 8.5 yards a carry marsh finished with 16 tds 998 yards with an average of 8.0 yards a carry. someone please tell me these two aren't at least in the top 10 for the state

Numbers sound good but when you run the ball 75 carries a game you should have those numbers... They are both good backs thats is very true,,, Marsh and Lawson carried the ball 99% of the time.... Greenup had a great season and due to injuries,,, could not finish. They are going to be THE group of boys in the future that Greenup will build their team around....... Congrats to Greenup, youguys played with alot of heart this year.
Mason Fish #5 henry couny
#75, Cameron Bailey plays offensive and defensive tackle for Lex Catholic.
Running back for Eversole Middle School[HAZARD] is the best running back in Eastern Ky.
Robey #74 for stuart pepper middle school (meade county) 8th grade. He played offensive center and defence middle linebacker. We havent played anybody during the season that could match his talent as a lineman in my opinion. Havent seen outside of those teams we have played though. But i think he has a good shot at all-state.
We also played them (Harlan Independent) and they killed us on some type of wr sweep every play..
One can only imagine how good Adams would be had Grant Anderson stayed back in 8th grade. They're great now but with him, WOW!
The powers kid from corbin is a pretty tough back not blazing fast but will run over u
My vote goes for the QB at Williamsburg he can play whatever position he wants
and #44 is pretty good also
My vote goes for the QB at Williamsburg he can play whatever position he wants
and #44 is pretty good also
qryche11 Wrote:I would like to know about other parts of the state. There are a couple of fantastic 8th graders playing frosh ball at Highlands this year.

Nick True 6'5 215 lb TE is a stud and could eventually be turned into an All State Tackle at the Varsity level.

Logan Schweitzer 5'11 230lbs ??? OL is another stud who transferred in this year from Campbell Co and is starting on the Frosh squad.

Who else is out there in this class?
Caleb Rollins 6'3" 220 tackle at Corbin--named MVP at Georgetown College middle school and high school (mostly high school) football camp this summer. Tanner Powers 5'9" 185 fullback-linebacker who can fly. See both at Division 2 state semi-finals @ Lexington Catholic this saturday
redhound93 Wrote:Boy you Anderson people talk alot about your kids and being STATE RUNNER-UPS!! Well let me toot Corbins horn if you please. we have Derrick Eubanks #62, Tanner Power #36, Dalton Anderson #19, Zack Ingle #76, Harrison Reedy #7, Jake Coppock #5 oh yeah I forgot one and thats Caleb Rollins #70 who 6' 3" 215 and nothing but muscle, who went to the Georgtown camp and the coaches put with the high school kids because he wasnt callenged at the middle school level. THESE KIDS WERE ALL ALL-STATE. The best team in the state of KY the CORBIN REDHOUNDS 2009 STATE CHAMPIONS.
redhound93 I'm 64redhound and the picture on your thread is my grandson, Caleb Rollins scoring a touchdown in the 7th grade state game last year. One thing noone knows about the Georgetown camp is that coach Cronin and his staff named Caleb MVP of 190 kids. I am obviously proud of not only Caleb but of all the boys you named plus the rest of the team. come to Lexington Catholic and see what I consider the best TEAM, win or lose, in the state. Read our t-shirts when the rest of you folks get there.
All i do is win Wrote:I know it is lol, i was just sayin that most of the people assume that all the players inside of Lex. and Louis. are the greatest and don't include us reallt at all.
I hate to say it but the players in Louisville(not Lexington) play on another level than the rest of us and the reason is open enrollment and recruiting state wide. Any kid in Louisville can go to any high school he wants to abd we all know the story of St.X and Trinity who seem to have a higher recruiting budget than UK & UL. Until something is done to level the playing field (like Tennessee has Done-making private schools play only themselves in playoffs) that ain't gonna change
After a weekend in Lexington, I must say Tanner Powers #36 of the 2009 7th grade and 2010 8th grade D2 Kentucky State Champion, Corbin Redhounds.
The one player that I like is the O-line from Corbin. #76 I think his number is. I watched the semi final game and he was just blowing the Caldwell Co. kids off the ball. Kid has a future if he sticks to offensive line in high school. Has major D1 talent (IMO)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12