Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 8th Grade Football Players in the State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
#21 from N.Pulaski is Definitely a great player. Bell Counties big lineman is great as well. Here are some other great players around the state as well. Sam Letton at Lex Catholic, #3 at Farnsley, #4 at Crosby, #22 at Owen, 44, 18 at Frankfort are high on the list for sure.

People who have watched Louisville football can tell you that in their last 6 football games for Westport, 2 backs, #7 and #34 have scored 32 TD's between them alone. Westport has scored 43 TD's in their last 6 games and these 2 kids have account for 32. #7 Lamarius Kinslow is 6"1, 195 lbs and #34 Aubrie Larue is 5"11, 190lbs. Both of these 2 kids have tons of speed and are brutal runners. Take a look if you get a chance to see these 2 kids. One kid is 13 and the other 14.
The Letton boy fom Lex. Cath. is the most ready for high school ball I have seen.
Williamsburg has some talented players as well. Andrew Griffith would definitely be at the top of the list if he was cleared to play defense. Austin Huskey is tough as nails on both sides of the ball. He started the year out slow but has really come on the last month.
A lot of these kids sure are big for Middle School kids! Parents must be feeding them good!!
There are several really good players on the North Laurel 8th grade team this year. I have been following them this year. There is a Mcwhorter kid that makes things happen, Miller, Hacker & they have two of the best defensive players I have seen around here in awhile in Cobb and Collier. :Clap:
alot of good players from boone county
The Big Sandy conference has a handful of nice looking players
Best I have seen is lineman named Young at Jessie Clark in Lexington...man amongst boys at the eight grade level
I'd be very surprised if many are much more ready for high school ball than Sam Letton. Right around 6'1 205 pounds. Great hands and could possibly get some pt as a freshman next year.
knightgrad Wrote:I'd be very surprised if many are much more ready for high school ball than Sam Letton. Right around 6'1 205 pounds. Great hands and could possibly get some pt as a freshman next year.

Goodness, what are they feeding these kids now days?? When I was in the 8the 8th grade I weighed 115 lbs.
Buckeye1 Wrote:Best I have seen is lineman named Young at Jessie Clark in Lexington...man amongst boys at the eight grade level

Do the Lexington 8th grade teams not play outside of Lexington during the regular season? Granted with as many schools as there are up there, they wouldn't have to.
Qtr Back Wrote:Do the Lexington 8th grade teams not play outside of Lexington during the regular season? Granted with as many schools as there are up there, they wouldn't have to.
Don't know many of the other Lexington city schools schedules, but Lexington Catholic doesn't play anything but outside of the city, aside from LCA.
Brandon Butcher from Martin Co Middle School is an awesome player.
yes he is, very quick, strong and has a good team to support him!
Enigman Wrote:The Big Sandy conference has a handful of nice looking players
I couldn't agree more. I have been very impressed with some of the teams I have seen. Who stands out to you?
The Schaffer kid from Lawrence is kicker, punter, tight end and linebacker. Avg 40 yds in the air on punts and 45 on kick off. Several clutch plays at tight end, very good blocker and one of the leading tacklers on defense. Looks about 6' 170 lbs. Will be a handful in high school.
One of the best players I have seen play is the Mills kid # 10 from Whitley County. He excels as a runningback and quarterback and is as hardnosed as they come on the defensive side of the field
west jessamine's RB
He sounds like he will become a great high school player.
Based upon what I have seen here, you have to live in a rural area to be great. Let me offer up the King twins, Levi and Isaac from the Union Raiders, 5'10" and 175 lbs. linebackers with 7 interceptions for 7 TD's. Over 350 combined tackles as seventh graders and doing just as well this year. Against Cinn Hills, Isaac sent two players to the hospital alone. Fast hard hitters with football smarts.
Christian Academy's 8th grade QB has over 1,000 yards passing and 500 yards rushing with 18 TDs. 5'11" 155 lbs and fast. Varsity Coach Stefan Lefors should have some fun with this player, who appears to still have a lot of growth left in him to boot...unless he leaves for Trinity...which is a local rumor.
...stay classy...
blue dad1- you are right, should've been a little less excited. But they are high impact players. Tried to edit it out, but can't
carsoon williams owen county running back / receiver 6 '4 230
I watched one of the best football performances by a indiviual player on 10-19-11 (middle school st playoffs - West Carter vs Adams). #5 Seth Marcum had 5 TDs - 1throwing &4rushing, and also had 3 2pt conversions in the first half of the game. To perform so well at that level of competition, I believe this young man from Adams Middle School should definitely be considered one of the top 8th graders in the state. I also got the opportunity to congratulate him after the game and he downplayed his performance and told me that his team mates did a great job blocking. It was obvious to me, after watching the game and my discussion with Seth Marcum, that Coach Howell and his assistant coaches do a great job coaching and leading great young men. Although I only commented on one player from Adams there are 5 or 6 I believe should be recognized as top players: #23 Dalton Frasure, #27 Steven Little, #44 Brennan Goble, #33 Chatlin Jarrell, and #6 Grant Martin. Go Blackcats and good luck in the rest of the playoffs.
I appreciate all your comments on players. It is allowing me to find out about players that I may miss in the process of selecting East/West players etc... If you are aware of one of the kids, please contact their coach and make sure they nominate them for these games. We can only help them if they are nominated..... I need 7th grade players as well for the 7th grade East West game.
rebel24 Wrote:carsoon williams owen county running back / receiver 6 '4 230

Johnson County #31 is 6'9" 325 we got him in a trade with the Baltimore Ravens
The sad thing is the Williams kid is 6'4" and 230. His senior brother is 6'8".
The sad part about the east/west games is that the coach gets to pick them. Because at this level of football it is all in who you know and a lot of good football players wont get picked.
coach4life Wrote:The sad thing is the Williams kid is 6'4" and 230. His senior brother is 6'8".

Coach, obviously I was joking. Take a look at the kid from Paintsville, Cash Daniel is his name. Think he is 6'1" think around 190 linebacker plays hard with guts. From small school here in Johnson Co a true lover of the game.ive seen him play, he is a player you would want. Plays with passion.Leader qualities but a hot head.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12